All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. To be fair…she failed at a pro golf career BEFORE she got big on social media.
  3. Better than it being a golfwrx draft and having Monahan for commissioner.** 🤣 For those that follow Tour Talk Monahan would not be a fan of the LIV thread.🙄
  4. The i230s are higher spin. The long irons in particular. the blueprint s are not a high spin iron. They are mid to even lower spin compared to other irons in its category.
  5. AK +2 through 8 and holding down the 52 spot currently🤦
  6. Why do the comments in these threads look the same every single week? "He's copying ______" No one ever cares to mention that all the manufacturers (LAB not withstanding) are all copying each other? Each OEM seems to have a product unique to them. TM has the Spider, Odyssey has the 2Ball, etc. Beyond that, every brand has a variation of another's putter, and they ALL have a variation of an anser/anser 2. Can someone give me a genuine answer as to why Scotty gets all the hate? FWIW I'm not arguing for or against anything here, it just seems odd that everyone always has something to say about a Newport being a ripoff, but no one ever dogs on TM for their version of the Tyne 4.
  7. So they aren’t spinning a ton for you even being a lower spinning player. That’s good to see was just real worried these would spin off the map.
  8. Agree. I’ve posted in another thread how I turned off the TV and went out and walked 9 holes. Wouldn’t be the same now.
  9. How do you like the dg mid 115 x100s in irons? How is their spin? Coming from standard x100 worried they would spin too much
  10. Sometimes, it's unavoidable if the group in front lost a ball and are searching for it or if the group in front are just totally unaware that they're slow or just too dense to clear out of the green one everyone's done putting at which point I'll yell Fore to get their attention... In any case, when I play, I try to remind everyone in my flight to play ready golf and will always pitch in to help lost balls of my flight mates. One thing I'm also good at is finding lost balls of my flight mates by paying attention and tracking their ball flight when they're hitting. My technique involves squatting really low to zero-in on the ball's impact area to be able to have a higher chance of finding it. I believe that good karma is always repaid as I've won one of my tourney wins with the help of my flight mate who found my ball in the deep rough on the 16th hole of Bethpage Red so I really make it a point to find the balls of whoever I'm playing with to return the favor to the next guy.
  11. Have these dg mid 115 x100 shafts in a set of wedges I mess around with time to time, the more I use them they feel really good. Play standard x100s in irons. so basically just wonder if anyone has tried the dg mids in a set of irons and what do you think? How are they spin wise and can they hold up in the wind?
  12. Looking for a Titleist 16.5° fairway wood with stiff shaft - TSi2 or TSr2.
  13. Yes handle is perfect and it’s much better in the wind as well. Only a very short period of time with it so far so unsure but I hit some bombs with the di when there was no wind. Interested to see if I can get that much out of the xc
  14. It does fly pretty high. Didn't spin too much for me. Did your drives balloon?
  15. Hey folks, I'll try and keep this short: got refit for new shafts in my OG T200s and have seen some things that give me pause. Well respected fitter put me into X100s and 7i swing speed is 90mph. I have been noticing the ball flight has come down quite a bit with all clubs, and my 5i (longest iron) flight is much flatter than I'd like to see. Was on a trackman today and well struck 5 irons were coming in at 39° land angle. For reference, my well struck 7 irons were coming in at about 45°. Ball flights look the same as when I got fit, but hitting only 7i doesn't give you the full picture. Aside from starting the fitting process over again and spending a lot more money, is there anything I can do? Set is GW - 5i Thanks
  16. Going from PX 6.0 to NS Pro 950 seems like a huge change and could be causing you to hit it all over the face. I'd be more inclined to blame the shaft then head.
  17. Agreed.. Count me in. I recently started a thread in the Classic Golf and Golfers section about how I can maintain proper balance. I have some minor balance issues. Today on the range, I tried the suggestions I received in the thread and I struck the ball pretty well. I've come to grips with the fact that being 68, I can't powder the ball anymore and I need to be ok with that and enjoy the game. That means, back swing to about the 10:00 position, give up driver, which I didn't hit well 20 years ago, and maybe replace my long irons with a second hybrid. I'm fine with that. I just want to keep playing.
  18. My order on tgw went from processing to “can’t find your order” then “no record of this order”. No email, no notification. I’ll call tomorrow to find out what is going on, but did this happen to anyone else?
  19. Hi @gvogel thanks for your reply. Thanks for the reference to Percy Boomers book, I got that one last Christmas and I have already read it, I knew it was a favourite of Hogan’s and I loved reading it from cover to cover. I believe we are in agreement, the theory I wrote above is mine alone, not Hogan’s. The content of my theory involves what I believe was Hogan’s trial and error discovery, which I believe involved closing the face at address (or strengthening the grip) which resulted in the power fade. I am not implying Hogan had a theory which he implemented. In fact I explicitly stated above: The point of my post is that: Hogan’s discovery through trial and error caused him to be misguided to the ball flight laws due to the effect that closing the club face (equivalent of strengthening the grip) had on his ball flight. However I don’t believe Mr. Hogan realised what his body was doing subconsciously to make that happen hence he believed it to be the face which shaped the balls flight, rather than the path.
  20. I blame Dave and his "Bible" book for my 64* wedge, lol. It is a lot of fun. It is also participates in misery. Mostly it stays in the club closet.
  21. Jumped on the bandwagon. Tested the 9* head with both a project X red and blue. Up against my Paradym TD with the shaft I was fitted for…it fell short by quite a bit. No LM data, but visually weaker flight. THEN decided to bite the bullet, pull the Cally tip, and throw a ping tip on my AD XC 7x. Added a little lead tape to get to my preferred SW. One range session only. 72* and no wind at 925’ elevation…holy living hell. CANNOT WAIT to get it on the actual course. Was picking out limbs of specific trees vs trying to keep it between trees. Just flat, high flight that never seemed to come down. Need to get my buddy to get me on their outdoor trackman range to get real numbers. Really excited about the tee ball for the first time in a LONG time.
  22. Today
  23. Another reason I can give to my wife to justify getting a new one! 😂
  24. I'm a walker and I always try to walk every time I play so I'm always aware of my pace of play. In fact, I prep myself when playing courses for the first time by studying the location of the next tee box via Google Maps in order to send my Alphard-powered push cart ahead to the next tee box if possible.
  1. Load more activity