2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

GolfNow.com Reward points - What a joke

golfnhack

So it used to be that for every person you booked for you would receive 1 "reward point". Well, it looks like GolfNow has decided that that was too generous. You now receive a "reward point" for every booking, not "person". So. Even though I have booked a collective 19 rounds since January.... I have a whopping 7 "reward points". After a 50 minute hold time to speak to a "supervisor" I was told that if I booked 19 single times, I would have received 19 points.

So I guess that from now on, when I book a 4-ball... I will book 4 single times.

Rather ridiculous and stupid IMHO.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really need any "reward" points anyway? You are already getting tee times in a quick convenient fashion for a cheaper price what else do you want. You can go back to the old way of calling ten different places, being put on hold in the pro shop by some kid only to be hung up on. I think if you can book a tee time in under 30 seconds that should be enough.

i've never been able to use my "reward" points because eligible tee times were never available when i was available to play...i just use it to browse tee times and then call the course or book on their website...

RBallz Tour 10.5
3w G20, 5w rktballz2
19* Xhot
4-PW I20 KBS Tour S
Sabertooth w/Superstroke
52* 588RTX CB, 58* Vokey

You seriously waited 50 minutes for the golfnow reward program? Credit card or airline miles I understand but this would only save you what? $50?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1394461044' post='8839153']
Do you really need any "reward" points anyway? You are already getting tee times in a quick convenient fashion for a cheaper price what else do you want. You can go back to the old way of calling ten different places, being put on hold in the pro shop by some kid only to be hung up on. I think if you can book a tee time in under 30 seconds that should be enough.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Half price for tee times? Maybe once a day, but the book 10 get free booking was what brought me in. Now that it has changed, I do not use GolfNow unless I really HAVE to. Total BS. And the Rewards should definatley give you points for every round, not booking. This site is bound to begin losing money and users, and will have to go back. i just hope they go back to the 10 rounds booked for free booking or I am done with GolfNow. It's uselss to me.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1394465494' post='8839661']
This topic is a joke. Paying half price for tee times and then complaining about the free rewards program? What is this world coming to?
[/quote]

When is the last time you saw a 50% off time on GolfNow? And I am not talking the "play at 2PM and get 50% off times either". If you call the course and book a tee time at 2PM, you would get the same rate. As a matter of fact, many times now, if you call the course, the rate is EXACTLY the same as the GolfNow rate.

GolfNow USED TO give you good deals. I have found MUCH better deals lately using EZLinks (TeeOff.com). Granted, their selection of courses and times are not as varied as GolfNow, but you definitely get better deals than GolfNow.... and their discount codes actually work.

[quote name='golfnhack' timestamp='1394468103' post='8839973']
[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1394465494' post='8839661']
This topic is a joke. Paying half price for tee times and then complaining about the free rewards program? What is this world coming to?
[/quote]

When is the last time you saw a 50% off time on GolfNow? And I am not talking the "play at 2PM and get 50% off times either". If you call the course and book a tee time at 2PM, you would get the same rate. As a matter of fact, many times now, if you call the course, the rate is EXACTLY the same as the GolfNow rate.

GolfNow USED TO give you good deals. I have found MUCH better deals lately using EZLinks (TeeOff.com). Granted, their selection of courses and times are not as varied as GolfNow, but you definitely get better deals than GolfNow.... and their discount codes actually work.
[/quote]

To make it even worse, I've experienced several courses in Atlanta actually being cheaper when just calling the pro shop and booking a time instead of using Golf Now.

Oh.... and if you live in FL.... check out the ExecGolf.com card. A MUCH better deal for playing golf in FL. And if you are a Snow Bird or coming to FL for vacation, you should check them out too. The $50 the card will cost you will pay for itself in 2 rounds. If you can't get it for $50, let me know. I will try to find a coupon code that will give it to you for $50.

[quote name='596' timestamp='1394465904' post='8839725']
When my wife and I were in our own business we found that those people that got the biggest discounts were also the people that complained the most. Those people paying full price in the most expensive rooms, you never even heard from. They stayed, they loved it, they left.
[/quote]

you ain't lying there.....

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

In my area golf now is the exact same price as booking through the course, actually a few dollars more expensive because of the fees. The only exceptions are the pre paid hot deals, which are usually at horrid times. I usually only use it to browse tee times and then call the course. I will take advantage of the occasional week day hot deal but in my area you are actually costing yourself a few extra dollars by going through golf now.

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1394468979' post='8840075'] Good! GolfNow has been devaluing golf courses for far too long! In the last 15 years the cost for EVERYTHING has gone up- food, gas, etc. but the cost of golf has gone down. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue. [/quote]

That is because the demand for food, gas, and other essentials are always high. People need to eat and people need gas to drive to work, heat homes, etc. The demand for golf in most areas of the country is down. Two courses in my area closed down last year and there are probably two to three others that are in danger. GolfNow has nothing to do with the cost of golf coming down.

[quote name='golfnhack' timestamp='1394459761' post='8839005']
So it used to be that for every person you booked for you would receive 1 "reward point". Well, it looks like GolfNow has decided that that was too generous. You now receive a "reward point" for every booking, not "person". So. Even though I have booked a collective 19 rounds since January.... I have a whopping 7 "reward points". After a 50 minute hold time to speak to a "supervisor" I was told that if I booked 19 single times, I would have received 19 points.

So I guess that from now on, when I book a 4-ball... I will book 4 single times.

Rather ridiculous and stupid IMHO.
[/quote]The rewards system is a joke. And it is obviously worse now after reading this. I stopped using them... underpar.com is what we have started using.

Titleist 910 D3 Tour AD DI7
Titleist 906 F UST V2
Callaway RAZR X Muscle Back (3-pw)
Cleveland 588 52,58
Callaway MD 64 degree
YES! Sandy 12

When my wife and I were in our own business we found that those people that got the biggest discounts were also the people that complained the most. Those people paying full price in the most expensive rooms, you never even heard from. They stayed, they loved it, they left.
[/quote]people with money usually have less to b**** about.

Titleist 910 D3 Tour AD DI7
Titleist 906 F UST V2
Callaway RAZR X Muscle Back (3-pw)
Cleveland 588 52,58
Callaway MD 64 degree
YES! Sandy 12

I've never had a problem with golf now. Although yesterday, (Sunday)I had booked a 4-some on the previous night (Saturday) at about 6 or 7 and when I got to the course to check in it said the tee time was for yesterday. They let us play anyway because it was all paid for but even the gentleman working found it a little weird. Had to show him my conformation email and everything. I booked it and email was sent immediately at 6:17pm for a 1:44pm tee time on the same day apparently. Haha, weird but still got on. ?

[quote name='Roemike99' timestamp='1394482814' post='8841705']
[/quote]

Very well said. When you live paycheck to paycheck, and you are a golfer, every dollar you save counts. I get to play once a week. I would love to play more, but the golf budget is limited.

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1394473583' post='8840613']
I think if you do your homework, GolfNow isn't a bargain AT ALL.
[/quote]

This guy already nailed it.

I used to use it a long time ago. I think it is now owned or affiliated with The Golf Channel? The only time I find decent tee times now is in the summer months here in FL. I have used it a few times this winter. What you need to watch out for, is a lot of times I have seen, they make the tee times for 2 or 3 dollars less than what you would pay at the course. But once you go to book it, you end up paying GolfNow fees of 5 or 6 bucks.

I'm not sure if there is a disclaimer anywhere, but I'd bet plenty of people have made tee times for a regular priced round with GolfNow, then paid the extra fees on top of it - when they could have just called the course and got it for cheaper. I almost did that the last time I booked a tee time. The courses rates were actually lower than what GolfNow had them posted for.

[quote name='Roemike99' timestamp='1394482814' post='8841705']
[/quote]

That's not always true. Even though we were hounded by potential guests for discounts, it did NOT mean they had no money. They'd drive up in extremely expensive cars and go off on you about the places they've been all over the world. Very well off people stayed with us on discounts and they complained just as much as the guy who spent every penny he had to stay at our place. Having expendable income and staying without a discount were not inclusive. It's the mentality.......discounters = complainers!! Having enough money had nothing to do with it.

I turned people away that hounded me for deep discounts. I recommended other palces for them to stay. I didn't even want them at our Inn. I knew they were complainers from the get go. If I didn't like you, I'd refer you to a place nearby that had rates double or triple of ours :cheesy:[size=4] Some even called back and took the price I had offered!! Complainers, whether justified or not, ruined the fun of running our own business. [/size]

[quote name='apprenti23' timestamp='1394485423' post='8842071']
^
^
^

BINGO!

Discounters = Complainers

Man, anyone who's ever worked the service industry will attest to that one. Amen!
[/quote]

Hmm, looks like you are in the industry correct? So when is the last time you paid for a round of golf? If you are in the industry, and you get your rounds free (or deeply discounted), you don't really have a leg to stand on.