2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Paranorml' timestamp='1395864085' post='8957011']
[quote name='PingG10guy' timestamp='1395863638' post='8956953']
Location for the list of the picks?
[/quote]

Not sure if you mean location of each pick, where each is going, or what page the list of picks is on. The latter can be found on the preceding page.
[/quote]

I didnt know the list was on previous page. Thanks

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1395878359' post='8958465']
I knew I wanted Reynolds but it is seeming like there is something way way way bigger and better there than it is made out to be.
[/quote]

Reynolds is one of my favorite places. Middle of nowhere. Roughly half way to Augusta from ATL. Ritz-Carlton, sweet tea, TaylorMade Kingdom on-site, infinity pool on a huge lake, Six courses (the Creek Club is private). What's not to like???

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Wow.. CONGRATS GUYS!! Some solid members got picked for this one, great job Rob and WRX fielding this bunch :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Congrats everyone. Very interested to see the percentage of members that get significant improvements from their current drivers.

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy

It would be nice to see a table put together with the following info:

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

Could be a little bit of an undertaking, but I think it will help folks really see all the results in one shot, and hopefully let people believe the results one way or the other.

Overall, I think this is a great concept, just want to see maximum learning come of it, without the bickering that could ensue.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395885782' post='8959271']
I knew I wanted Reynolds but it is seeming like there is something way way way bigger and better there than it is made out to be.
[/quote]

Reynolds is one of my favorite places. Middle of nowhere. Roughly half way to Augusta from ATL. Ritz-Carlton, sweet tea, TaylorMade Kingdom on-site, infinity pool on a huge lake, Six courses (the Creek Club is private). What's not to like???
[/quote]

+1

I cover out to reynolds for my job and i love when i have to go there. My inlaws are always thinking about getting a place at reynolds and im always trying to talk them into it!

TM R9 460 TP 10.5* Matrix TP7HD X
                TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                TM TP 19* & 22* Rescue VooDoo S
                TM TP 2009 5-PW Project X 6.0
                WITB Link
                Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34"
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

[quote name='bidenn' timestamp='1395923002' post='8960583']
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

I cover out to reynolds for my job and i love when i have to go there. My inlaws are always thinking about getting a place at reynolds and im always trying to talk them into it!
[/quote]

Keep talking! Gotta convince them!

[attachment=2142977:creekclubNo12.jpg]

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

^^ any chance I can just go there now please? This michigan winter has backed me into a corner and I am susceptible to breaking down and crying if it snows one more time (snow in today's forecast).

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1395922711' post='8960567']

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

Could be a little bit of an undertaking, but I think it will help folks really see all the results in one shot, and hopefully let people believe the results one way or the other.

Overall, I think this is a great concept, just want to see maximum learning come of it, without the bickering that could ensue.
[/quote]

Shouldn't be that bad of an undertaking if each individual does it themselves. My jealousy is split between going on the trip and people getting out the cold!! Gonna be 55 tomorrow though... hopefully the rain holds out for me to go to the range.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1395926924' post='8960943']

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]

Shouldn't be that bad of an undertaking if each individual does it themselves. My jealousy is split between going on the trip and people getting out the cold!! Gonna be 55 tomorrow though... hopefully the rain holds out for me to go to the range.
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess one reason for my line of thought is that there is probably a mix of folks in this....guys who post a lot and guys who don't. The vocal guys after the trip will get the most press and discussion, and all the rest of the results could get lost. That's why I think it would be good to summarize all the results into one post (not 20 or 24).

Case in point.....anyone ever have Lasik and do internet research on it? Its easy to find folks who had horrid results, because they are the most vocal. Hard to find folks who had great results, because they are out living their lives (and the percentages are actually quite good, of folks who had good results). If you just read the internet research, you would never get Lasik. Not that that situation applies 1:1 for here, but what I'm saying is that more vocal posters could seem to swing the "perceived" results one way or the other. And this cuts both ways....if 12 guys have great results, I don't want the 8 guys who didn't have great results to get overshadowed. There's good data there too.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I would like to see the first page of the results be set up like the Nike trip so that you won't have to search through 20 pages to find out how things turned out. Good or bad I will post my results and give my opinion. But then it is basically up to people to make up their own mind and make decisions on their own.
I will take much the same approach as Pure745 did on his trip, If it isn't better than what I have in my bag, then it probably won't stay.

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395926195' post='8960863']
[quote name='bidenn' timestamp='1395923002' post='8960583']
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

Keep talking! Gotta convince them!

[/quote]

Who could not like Reynolds Plantation, talk about a nice place? I knew they were supposed to doubt the SLDR, but not the location? A phrase comes to mind, "Nothing like looking a gift horse in the mouth?"

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]

I wish that we had done this with our #TeamJetSpeed Trip...

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1395929864' post='8961299']
@PingDrv00,

I think you misinterpreted some of those comments, nobody is doubting Reynolds.
[/quote]
Thanks, I should have worded it a little differently: I was saying I have heard Reynolds is amazing but it is looking more like it is going to be on a whole higher level than I expected, like the Grand Canyon... It's all fine and dandy in pictures and stories but when you go there in person it is awe inspiring. I aplogize for any confusion

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1395928107' post='8961073']
[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1395926924' post='8960943']

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I guess one reason for my line of thought is that there is probably a mix of folks in this....guys who post a lot and guys who don't. The vocal guys after the trip will get the most press and discussion, and all the rest of the results could get lost. That's why I think it would be good to summarize all the results into one post (not 20 or 24).

Case in point.....anyone ever have Lasik and do internet research on it? Its easy to find folks who had horrid results, because they are the most vocal. Hard to find folks who had great results, because they are out living their lives (and the percentages are actually quite good, of folks who had good results). If you just read the internet research, you would never get Lasik. Not that that situation applies 1:1 for here, but what I'm saying is that more vocal posters could seem to swing the "perceived" results one way or the other. And this cuts both ways....if 12 guys have great results, I don't want the 8 guys who didn't have great results to get overshadowed. There's good data there too.
[/quote]

true... I had lasik back in the day... 2001. Love it... still don't have to wear glasses. But never wrote a post on it.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]Beat me to it. I wanted to post this last night but over the phone was a chore.lol

Would also like to see more details about the current settup such as shaft and flex, also the loft of their existing driver.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

[quote name='Doc420' timestamp='1395928785' post='8961149']
I will take much the same approach as Pure745 did on his trip, If it isn't better than what I have in my bag, then it probably won't stay.
[/quote]
I would hope/guess that is the approach everyone takes.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1395930772' post='8961429']

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]Beat me to it. I wanted to post this last night but over the phone was a chore.lol

Would also like to see more details about the current settup such as shaft and flex, also the loft of their existing driver.
[/quote] I will do something like that when I do my reviews. Yes, I have been fitted for my current driver, but that is only as good as your fitter. I would love to see somebody do a story on fitters, and how all of these top 100 fitter awards get handed out. There must be 500 top 100 fitters floating around.

Well, here I sit at work, in front of the computer, with a frost delay at the Valero and checking my email every 10 mins! Should be a fun week until blast off, full of sleepless nights, some range time, and club cleaning...playing in a scramble with some friends this weekend at www.gvrgolf.com, should be a good way to keep my mind of the epic trip upcoming.

Not a Kingdom, or Reynolds, but pretty nice track:

Golf-Course-Mountains.jpg

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1395886074' post='8959299']
Wow.. CONGRATS GUYS!! Some solid members got picked for this one, great job Rob and WRX fielding this bunch :drinks:
[/quote]

Names posted where?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1395930772' post='8961429']

User
Current driver
Fit or not?
Current results
New SLDR setup
New results
Difference

[/quote]

I created and sent a Excel sheet with all of this information laid out to HipCheck and Ben - Hopefully we can see it filled in and see the results. Wish we had done in for #TeamJetSpeed

[attachment=2143161:SLDRWRX.jpg]

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

[quote name='Doc420' timestamp='1395932283' post='8961613']
[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1395931591' post='8961531']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1395886074' post='8959299']
[/quote]

Names posted where?
[/quote]Page 19 I believe
[/quote]

thanks sir

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I will provide all my current info if you guys want before we go, that way if they are doing live updates you can see the differences. On one of the previous couple pages I did put up my trackman results with my current driver setup.

Current setup: Yes I was custom fit
Callaway Razr Fit Extreme 9.5 head
Setting is on open so loft is down to more like 8.75
Diamana Ilima 70x tipped 1.25
Finished length is 44.75
Ball of choice is 20XI-X but I am not against switching if something gives me the performance I am looking for.

Current numbers: on trackman 2 days ago
SS: 126-28
BS: 186-89
LA: 11-11.5
Spin: 2500 rpm
AOA: -1.5

The loft on my current setup is leaving me vulnerable to lofting up quite easily (which I know going into this). If Taylormade puts me into a 10.5 and gets me fitted into a shaft that gets my launch up to about 13- 14 and also lowers my spin rate into the 17-1800 range while retaining ball speed.. I will be a prime example of the loft up challenge being the real deal.

With a higher swing speed however, I am curious at what point is a higher launch angle no longer the optimal number? Or is higher launch always better?

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx