Backwards hat

Looks and once in awhile, you have the sun on your neck. I've twisted my hat back and forwards on odd and even holes that went parallel.

I do find that it a bit uncomfortable swinging with the hat backwards (sometimes arm or club hits it etc).

In general though, horses for courses, in a club or half decent course (with dress standards) dont even think about it. On the range or a public course, I'm going to do whatever is comfortable (in summer it gets the full works of board shorts, t-shirt and hat backwards lol. However always golf shoes, I can't swing in jandals!)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my hat backwards from time to time and it's more of a comfort thing for me. I get sick of having it on forwards so I flip it. Usually take my hat of indoors now but not always, dinner table different story because my dad was military and you don't wear it at the table. As for flat brims can't stand them and have to fight the urge to take the hat off some ones head and bend the brim. And I mean really fight the urge! Also low pants started in prisons as a way for inmates to inform others they were available if you get what I mean. Having worked in corrections you learn some weird facts you didn't want to know.

You can ask Ken Griffey Jr., he is your man. Anyone else after him was just trying to be as awesome.

griffey-junior-home-run-derby-cap-swing.jpg

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Due to the bill pulling the front part of the hat in towards your temple it does sometimes get uncomfortable. Sounds weird but I really put a bend in my brim. Turning it around alleviates the pressure of the bill. With sunglasses on the bill it can push the sunglasses down on your nose and or not fit properly due to the size of said sunglasses. Not saying it's for everyone this is just a couple of reasons I do it. And yes I like the look of some hats backwards more than forwards.

What's it matter...why's the guy in your avatar wearing his hat so far back on his head and not covering up his forehead? What's it matter?

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

In Australia there is a similar trend of wearing sunglasses on top of the head instead of the conventional way. It is particularly popular with lower socio economic people or guys losing their hair, like no one is gonna notice haha. It is particularly funny when you see said balding guys wearing them at night, when they have obviously prepared themselves well after the sun has gone down. I guess insecurity makes you do some stupid things.

[quote name='TigerStrong' timestamp='1404447339' post='9634937']
What's it matter...why's the guy in your avatar wearing his hat so far back on his head and not covering up his forehead? What's it matter?
[/quote]
Again, it doesn't matter to me and it doesn't bother me. Just curious as to why.

As to Mr. Tom Waits' hat, the man is so cool he can do what he wants.

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1404233797' post='9616593']
[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1404229331' post='9616075']
Can someone please help me understand the purpose of a baseball cap being worn backwards? I'm not some old crumudgin yelling at kids to get off my lawn, but I just don't understand it. The topic even came up at work the other day and no-one could come up with a good reason other than you don't want to comb your hair.

I see it at all ages, and what is worse the guys that are my age (40) out at restaurants or bars at night with this look.
[/quote]

Obviously, you have never watched Over the Top then you know what happens when hats are turn backwards..
[/quote] "Its like a switch"..........

I could care less if someone wears their hat backwards. I don't care if they wear it inside out or have whip cream and a cherry on top of it.

I wear mine backward when playing basketball outside. For some it is a fashion thing. I can't pull off the flat brim and hate how I look in trucker or Fowler type hats.

I am 49 and wear my shirt untucked and cargo shorts on the public courses. Hat is forward out of preference, but I see a lot of guys with there hats backward. They should be able to wear it anyway they want. I am just glad they wear one if they are out in the sun. I would be more concerned about guys NOT wearing any hat and getting skin cancer on their melon.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Why do people wear jewellery, high heels, tuxedos, ties, or have long hear, tattoos, or leather jackets when not riding motorcycles? I'm not the least offended by your question since I don't wear a backwards hat, but if you are seriously asking this question because you can't figure it out, than I'm sorry you never will. By the way, have you seen the very convenient pants that you can zipper off to make them into shorts? Bet you would love those if you ever get tired of your comfortable sweat pants!

If you think my reply was rude, I'm just answering this question with as much sincerity as it was asked, i.e. OP want's to tell everyone here he thinks it looks stupid with backwards hats, but tries to disguise his rudeness with ignorance, which I find hilarious!

Backwards hat…doesn't bother me. And if you played on the Oregon coast, sometimes flipping that sucker backwards is a must hitting into the wind. Unless of course you feel like chasing your hat.

Look, I'm a cynic and bitter man sometimes, and only 40 like you…but find it easy to hate most things and people when they do stupid things. As I get older, I realize more and more how many stupid people do really stupid things, but honestly…wearing a hat backwards is probably the least of my concerns with all the idiotic things there is to be done. Don't get me started on people pushing shopping carts in the grocery store or people pulling into gas stations incorrectly,…just for starters, ugh…shall I continue?

[quote name='Maximilian' timestamp='1404596842' post='9642947']
Why do people wear jewellery, high heels, tuxedos, ties, or have long hear, tattoos, or leather jackets when not riding motorcycles? I'm not the least offended by your question since I don't wear a backwards hat, but if you are seriously asking this question because you can't figure it out, than I'm sorry you never will. By the way, have you seen the very convenient pants that you can zipper off to make them into shorts? Bet you would love those if you ever get tired of your comfortable sweat pants!

If you think my reply was rude, I'm just answering this question with as much sincerity as it was asked, i.e. OP want's to tell everyone here he thinks it looks stupid with backwards hats, but tries to disguise his rudeness with ignorance, which I find hilarious!
[/quote]

Really , you think I'm being rude? I guess I need to explain again, I could care less, but just wonder what the point is, as it defeats the purpose of the bill.

As to your comment about zip off pants, I do understand them and their function. And as for sweatpants, I haven't owned a pair since college; so that defeats that argument for you. But thanks for weighing in with your snide remark.

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1404620502' post='9644691']

[/quote]

Really , you think I'm being rude? I guess I need to explain again, I could care less, but just wonder what the point is, as it defeats the purpose of the bill.

As to your comment about zip off pants, I do understand them and their function. And as for sweatpants, I haven't owned a pair since college; so that defeats that argument for you. But thanks for weighing in with your snide remark.
[/quote]

"[color=#282828]I see it at all ages, and what is worse the guys that are my age (40) out at restaurants or bars at night with this look." Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not just saying you think they look stupid? Since obviously a number of those guys are reading this, than yeah, I can see that as rude, although I am not offended myself. [/color]I see people everyday wearing stuff I would never wear, but I don't feel the need to tell them about it.

The sweat pants comment was just me thinking since you obviously dress only for practical purpose, to the point that you can't even understand why someone would wear a hat in a non-practical manner, than sweat pants would be a sure thing for you since they are both comfortable and convenient. I agree I was a bit too snide though, I apologise for that.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1404617315' post='9644417']
We can lock this thread up now that we have heard from the all knowing and all seeing, Maximilian...........
[/quote]
You think my reply was too superior sounding, so you reply with something even more superior? That's some nice thinking right there!

[quote name='Maximilian' timestamp='1404635584' post='9645129']
[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1404620502' post='9644691']

[/quote]

[/quote]

"[color=#282828]I see it at all ages, and what is worse the guys that are my age (40) out at restaurants or bars at night with this look." Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not just saying you think they look stupid? Since obviously a number of those guys are reading this, than yeah, I can see that as rude, although I am not offended myself. [/color]I see people everyday wearing stuff I would never wear, but I don't feel the need to tell them about it.

The sweat pants comment was just me thinking since you obviously dress only for practical purpose, to the point that you can't even understand why someone would wear a hat in a non-practical manner, than sweat pants would be a sure thing for you since they are both comfortable and convenient. I agree I was a bit too snide though, I apologise for that.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1404617315' post='9644417']
We can lock this thread up now that we have heard from the all knowing and all seeing, Maximilian...........
[/quote]
You think my reply was too superior sounding, so you reply with something even more superior? That's some nice thinking right there!
[/quote]
Why thank you.

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1404229689' post='9616125']
I just realized I don't care about this at all. I bet the
backward hat is on the head of a guy with an untucked
shirt with cargo shorts.
[/quote]

Oh man, the untucked shirt with cargos. Either one on their own...
just looks sloppy. But to combine them...? Yeeeesh!

Frankly, if you are not wearing a tee shirt, jersey or pullover,
tuck it in. Cargos? I never got them. They look too casual for
the game and too big and careless for the streets.

Hey some of my best golf buddies do this, and we've had our
jabs. At the end of the day, as long as we don't get kicked out
of the club and have a good time, who am I to say?

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1404479486' post='9636197']
[quote name='TigerStrong' timestamp='1404447339' post='9634937']
[/quote]
Again, it doesn't matter to me and it doesn't bother me. Just curious as to why.

[b]As to Mr. Tom Waits' hat, the man is so cool he can do what he wants.[/b]
[/quote]

There you go!

Backwards hat wearers are so cool. (FI "cool" JAM)

They can do whatever they want.

See?
Simple question, simple answer.

Now, you can sleep tonight. :-)

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

[quote name='cristphoto' timestamp='1404743490' post='9651529']
Call me old fashioned but I wear a hat for function - to keep the sun out of my eyes. Wearing it backwards may be stylish for the young golfers but since I'm in my 60's I'd feel out of place. Like wearing my pants with my butt hanging out. Maybe OK for some but not for me.
[/quote]
In the 60's or 70's did you wear big bell-bottom jeans with the bottom of the legs getting all frayed from your heal stepping on them?

I know I did and the "old folks" didn't like that too much...

Welders were protecting their neck (still do) with a backwards cap instead of wearing "welder's beanies".

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)