The Wager...

Pigems

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1425895946' post='11106793']
I would just like to say thank you to all you guys for all the help and encouragement over the past 8 months, I don't think I could have reached this personal goal without your guys help and support. So thank you very much to all of you for the help and encouragement along the way here, i really appreciate :D
[/quote]

No worries... and the bill will be in the mail shortly for "services rendered." :)

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1406771185' post='9821237']
[quote name='billyhandsomeface' timestamp='1406770735' post='9821189']
There goes the golf retail industry. What about reshafts? Sometimes that makes it feel like a new club.
[/quote]

I was thinking about that also, some poor CEO's child may miss out on a post secondary education. But I'm sure they'll be okay :)

If I remember correctly its think its No reshafts, no regrips, no trimming/extending, I can't remember if you can bend a club or not.
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, what about forged clubs being readjusted to personally idea loft and lie angles?

So the mail lady brought me a little box today, much sooner than expected to my surprise. The fairway heads are in near mint condition aside from a few Knicks in the crowns but the faces and soles are in really good shape :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

And finally some head to head pictures of them against their competitors, they are going to have a tough battle as I've been hitting my fairways really well lately. Their advantage will come in the adjustable hotel and removable head weights. I should be able to dial them in better then the callaways. Time will tell though, just waiting on the arrival of the adapters now :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Beauties Pigs. Which head shape do you prefer? I've always liked the look of a Titleist head, but shied away because I believed they were a 'players brand'. I like the direction they've taken the product in the past few years. The current models appear impressive by all accounts.

There's a part of me that wants to try Wishon's 575 model (maybe a split set of the cavity backs and muscle backs). I originally was thinking of picking up a 'vintage' set of Macgregor VIP's, but may dip my feet into Tom's forged head. I've hit the latter and it feels spectacular on well struck shots.

Funny, as we're approaching the end of the Wager I'm starting to scan the equipment offerings with renewed interest.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I love the feeling of receiving a shipment at the door.

My Machine should be hitting the road shortly and I've got a custom Cru leather head cover being made. Should all be in my hands by the start of the season. I also need to ensure that I sock away a bit of money for a course membership as I believe funds may get a little tight when I take my paternity leave in a week.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426018615' post='11116683']

My Machine should be hitting the road shortly and I've got a custom Cru leather head cover being made. Should all be in my hands by the start of the season. I also need to ensure that I sock away a bit of money for a course membership as I believe funds may get a little tight when I take my paternity leave in a week.
[/quote]

Me too sir, nothing like "new toy" day :)

I'm not sure with ones I like better yet. I have a feeling the 5 wood will be a little more difficult to hit then the Callaway since the head is slightly smaller. But the 3 woods look pretty close to the same, the Titleist has a ever so slightly thinker face, but not much. Hopefully this will help to keep me from trying to be he-man and hitting 3w off the deck lol. that's what the 5 wood is for, and if that won't reach I shouldn't be going for it anyways lol.

Good to hear the machine will be home soon, what have you been using in the mean time??

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1426019992' post='11116815']

[/quote]

I'm not sure with ones I like better yet. I have a feeling the 5 wood will be a little more difficult to hit then the Callaway since the head is slightly smaller. But the 3 woods look pretty close to the same, the Titleist has a ever so slightly thinker face, but not much. Hopefully this will help to keep me from trying to be he-man and hitting 3w off the deck lol. that's what the 5 wood is for, and if that won't reach I shouldn't be going for it anyways lol.

Good to hear the machine will be home soon, what have you been using in the mean time??
[/quote]

Fortunately (and unfortunately) I have no issue producing a backup putter. I've been rotating between a Bettinardi, Odyssey Black #5, Wishon and SeeMore.

I forgot to add earlier, I sent two of my Wishon heads (my 929hs 4 wood and 775 5 hybrid) to be painted by Continental Golf. Going with the same colour, but repairing a few blemishes. They should return shortly looking brand new.

Look forward to hearing your results Pigs. Be sure to provide some performance data when you put the clubs head to head.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426021043' post='11116907']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1426019992' post='11116815']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fortunately (and unfortunately) I have no issue producing a backup putter. I've been rotating between a Bettinardi, Odyssey Black #5, Wishon and SeeMore.

I forgot to add earlier, I sent two of my Wishon heads (my 929hs 4 wood and 775 5 hybrid) to be painted by Continental Golf. Going with the same colour, but repairing a few blemishes. They should return shortly looking brand new.

Look forward to hearing your results Pigs. Be sure to provide some performance data when you put the clubs head to head.
[/quote]

Good stuff, now you'll be all set by the time spring comes. Can you put a coat of wax on them to help from scratches and such once you get them back??

I'll be sure to take them over to the sim range for he'd to head testing and data. I do really enjoy a good head to head club test at the sim range :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Scratch that last thought. The two Wishon heads from Continental Golf just arrived at my doorstep. This company does exceptional work. A black with silver fleck head.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

In all the new club excitement I almost forgot to mention that I got a couple rounds in today after work today and a quick range session. Well, I got the afternoon off and went over. But here is the range data for a few driver swings, I'm starting to get more consistent with the launch angle but it's gonna take time I think.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426022299' post='11117015']
Scratch that last thought. The two Wishon heads from Continental Golf just arrived at my doorstep. This company does exceptional work. A black with silver fleck head.
[/quote]

How long ago did you send them away?? That's bloody wicked, we both got clubs in the mail today :D

What happened to them that you got them repainted??

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Pige,

Plus 9 ain't bad in my book and looks like you had a blow up hole, in both rounds. Could've been +6 or lower, sounds very familiar.
Those heads do look like they're in good shape, my woods always end up with a skymark or two, but they still work just fine.

Is the hybrid you are replacing a Razor X 21*? The reason I ask is because a cousin of mine bought a new one, and couldn't hit it to save his life. I hit a pull drive on a 480 yd par 5, and was about 210 out, with a line of mature trees between my ball and the green. Since we were just messing around, I asked to hit his new club. I took dead aim slightly right of the green over the shortest tree, and of course hit the crap out of the ball. It cleared the trees with ease, and was waiting just a few yards off, about pin high. He about lost it, and I don't think it helped when I told em I'd give him $5.00 for it.

Hope the Titleist works out for ya. That was one of the few good shots I've ever hit with a hybrid. Gotta be me, too many other guys hit em sweet.

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1426023012' post='11117095']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426022299' post='11117015']
[/quote]

How long ago did you send them away?? That's bloody wicked, we both got clubs in the mail today :D

What happened to them that you got them repainted??
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing Pigs. As I was typing the original message I watched the UPS truck pull up to the front of the house. I love seeing the delivery person.

As for the repainting . . .

The 4 wood head had a paint chip when I received it. I believe it was a gash caused during shipping, that I then made worse by sliding under the ball in the rough. The 5 hybrid was chipped on the topline when I purchased it used off the BST, and then mysteriously I added two other chips to the other side of the head when I switched to Rocket Tour skinny sticks. I played the majority of the season with the blemishes partially hidden with Tamiya acrylic paint, but wanted to have the heads repaired. Continental offered a WRX deal and I jumped at the offer. Saved $30, which ultimately covered the cost of shipping. The heads look brand spanking new.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1425838046' post='11102563']
Well done Pige!

Guys I may just happen to "see" and "feel" things a little differently. For the sake of fun convo I'll toss this one out there. Have always been a bit curious about something. Some take it back like John Daly and others are the opposite. What differences could be tied to actual distance and how far back we take the club? I've seen fellas execute what looks for all the world to be a 3/4 swing with a 6 iron and hit it 185 yards... and not appear to be swinging out or their shoes to do so.

Here is about I've been able to come up with.

Three concepts can get jumbled up very easily and collide with each other - "longer', "wider" and "release".

Going to the top - it seems to me a golfer "can" land the hands and handle a little farther from his head and target...OR....land the hands and handle closer to the head To me, this is "width". If he turns without swaying or artificially rounds the shoulders - he has plenty or backswing "width".

Some golfers seem more comfortable with a higher arm flow and never feel like the wrists are cocked until the clubshaft goes past parallel. Many do this and its OK for some. That swing often makes up for a little lack of width by adding length.

To my eye - the magic happens when the release of the club through impact is born of a golfer's individual length and width. If its handsy and flippy - so be it so ling as its timed consistently. If the hands are more passive then the body is probably turning more and that swing has a nice balance of width AND length.

Bottom line - to me longer knockers with shorter swings have ample width (and are very "turn" minded. Their release is more about unhinging the wrists versus heavy amounts of hand or arm action through the strike. Longer knockers with the Lots of length probably spend more time focusing on arm flow and hand action.

What should YOU guys do with this post????? That part is simple....

LAUGH YOUR BUTTS OFF at a guy who felt compelled to flop this nonsense at you as though you are incapable of thinking for yourselves.

LOL!!!!

Its the ONLY way I can come up with for explaining HOW John Daly and Steve Striker could BOTH be tour players.
[/quote]

:taunt:

Bick, it's a callaway x2 hot 22* Hybrid that it getting replaced. I just couldn't get the hang of it, ill probably hold onto it longer enough to test them outdoors in the spring at least.

About the rounds, I did have a blow up hole in each one. I tried to hit3 wood into a par 5 and went on, then proceeded to have two separate tin cup moments whick lead to the +5's lol. :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Pigs,

I'm happy to see that someone in this thread is hitting golf balls (and well at that). I have an indoor round booked tomorrow night. Had a lesson last week to deal with my hosel rockets and all was cleared up by the end of the evening. Grip and alignment were the culprit.

My two clubs are now built. I had prepped the shafted and hosels before shipping the clubs. Made for easy work this evening. Looking forward to putting these back in my bag tomorrow night.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Pigs, some guys down here had sky marks on their woods. Took them to a body shop to get re-painted and clear coated. Might be an option and faster then sending them out? Glad April 1 is arriving soon. Getting a job at a golf store would have screwed me for the 'wager'?! lol :cheesy:

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426030755' post='11117909']
Pigs,

I'm happy to see that someone in this thread is hitting golf balls (and well at that). I have an indoor round booked tomorrow night. Had a lesson last week to deal with my hosel rockets and all was cleared up by the end of the evening. Grip and alignment were the culprit.

My two clubs are now built. I had prepped the shafted and hosels before shipping the clubs. Made for easy work this evening. Looking forward to putting these back in my bag tomorrow night.
[/quote]

Your one smart cookie there PD, I would never have thought of that lol. I hope they fly straight and true tomorrow night sir :)

It was definitely a surprise, that for sure. I got in a 2.5 hour session consisting of about 20 of range time and 2 rounds. Unexpected golf is the best kind, and minus the two blow up tin cup holes, they were two pretty decent rounds:)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1426031769' post='11117999']
Pigs, some guys down here had sky marks on their woods. Took them to a body shop to get re-painted and clear coated. Might be an option and faster then sending them out? Glad April 1 is arriving soon. Getting a job at a golf store would have screwed me for the 'wager'?! lol :cheesy:
[/quote]

I've learned to love the scars of battle on my irons and wedges. I'm not completely sold on beat up woods yet but I may run no headcover on my 910h if it makes the bag. Congratulations on the new position sir, it couldn't have been better timed. It would have been some hard to not buy new clubs while working there lol. :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[/quote]

Oh there has to be a clause in this year's version regarding golf employment... unless one is immune from temptation :D

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1426032478' post='11118091']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426030755' post='11117909']
Pigs,

... Had a lesson last week to deal with my hosel rockets and all was cleared up by the end of the evening. Grip and alignment were the culprit.

[/quote]

Golf "clap"! ;)
[/quote]

Dark skanks ; )

Instructor looked at my swing. We made a few adjustments. He said voila and I began making crisp contact again.

An interesting by-product of the lesson. I've gained 10 yards of carry distance with my driver.

Just need to keep working.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1426035658' post='11118441']
[/quote]

Oh there has to be a clause in this year's version regarding golf employment... unless one is immune from temptation :D
[/quote]

Nope - no clause. I want to see him squirm for a few weeks. He's had it pretty easy to this point.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1426036771' post='11118551']
[quote name='LittlePoison1980' timestamp='1426035658' post='11118441']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope - no clause. I want to see him squirm for a few weeks. He's had it pretty easy to this point.
[/quote]

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Oh this is going to be gooooooooooood