2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike 2015 - Vapor is here! Drivers and Irons have released. Short game coming in April.

wldchld22

I'm going to have to give my kk a launch monitor test to compare to the s plus. I changed my swing dramatically at end of last year. Used to hit down on ball so much and got insane spin numbers regardless of shaft. Now I hit level to slightly up and spin is way down. I went from 8.5 degrees to 9.5 on my 2.0. Going to keep pro at 9.5 and with little extra kick w the blue board I think I will stabilize. However the stiff shaft is to weak for me. The x stiff is what I'm using.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ctfuzz21' timestamp='1422910167' post='10870199']
[quote name='Kwward11' timestamp='1422905216' post='10869645']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1422904821' post='10869601']
[quote name='Kwward11' timestamp='1422904492' post='10869561']
But the SLDR I have is consistently at or below 2500. Launch and ball speed were similar but I just could not get the spin down.. idk. I just wont be getting it. Not bashing it cause it felt and sounded awesome, just didnt produce the results the SLDR did. Just not for me I guess!
[/quote]

Like I said, could just be a bad fit for you (like the Covert 2.0 was for me). Did you hit it outside? Did you hit it on Trackman? Could have just been a LM readings were off that day, unless you were hitting your SLDR on the same exact LM during the same session around 2500.
[/quote]

I was hitting the Vapor pro and flex with the whiteboard I brought with me, SLDR W/ stock shaft (didnt have mine to take the store), r15 with stock shaft, 915 d3 w/ rogue 60x 110 msi (stock option) against each other on the launch monitor at golfsmith.

Edit: I was averaging 2500 with the stock sldr shaft, 3200-3400 with the pro, 3000-3100 with the flex.

Edit edit: I'm not happy about it. Really wanted to get back in the Nike driver game.
SS is right at 117 and the SLDR with the stock shaft was still producing the best numbers followed by the 915. Couldn't stand the r15 so I stopped hitting it. Trust me, I wanted to blame the monitor because I loved everything about the vapors except the numbers..

Homestly hate the feel of the sldr 430, but I cant argue with the results.
[/quote]

So, I have a similar experience and am searching for a reason to pull the SLDR 430 out of the bag. but at PGASS and GG on separate days, results were much of the same. Low launching with way too much spin. Was launching in single digits, spinning in the 3k's. My background: SS 110-115mph. low ball hitter, low spin w/ current set up of SLDR 430, but hate the inconsistency on mis-hits and don't especially love the feel.

Any suggestion for shaft pairings with the Pro to launch higher, spin less?

Anybody have a suggestion with a shaft pairing to
[/quote]

Have you tried the Matrix Ozik X4? [url="http://matrixshafts.com/ozik.html"]http://matrixshafts.com/ozik.html[/url]

Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW
Nike Engage 54 SQ
Ping Anser Milled 0
Nike RZN Prototype + RZN Tour Platinum

[quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1422904624' post='10869579'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422902202' post='10869295']
[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1422901269' post='10869177']How many of you went with the stock S+ stiff shaft? How do you like it? I bought mine with it, but probably will use my Proj X Black shaft. Thanks.[/quote]

I did and not loving the shaft so far.
[/quote]

Haven't had a chance to hit it yet but from the waggle test the shaft does feel loose[/quote]

I'm carrying it 265-280 which is great. I guess I'm not complaining about performance as much as the feel. The head is amazing but shaft is noodle like.

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422923166' post='10871657'][quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1422904624' post='10869579'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422902202' post='10869295']
[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1422901269' post='10869177']How many of you went with the stock S+ stiff shaft? How do you like it? I bought mine with it, but probably will use my Proj X Black shaft. Thanks.[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven't had a chance to hit it yet but from the waggle test the shaft does feel loose[/quote]

I'm carrying it 265-280 which is great. I guess I'm not complaining about performance as much as the feel. The head is amazing but shaft is noodle like.[/quote]

Todd - Wow is it that bad? You are coming from the Nike made for Fubuki K in your CT, right? The one from the VRS circa 2012? I thought that that was the loosest shaft I've ever tried. So the BB must be very soft to flex.

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1422923677' post='10871727'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422923166' post='10871657'][quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1422904624' post='10869579'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422902202' post='10869295']

[/quote]

I'm carrying it 265-280 which is great. I guess I'm not complaining about performance as much as the feel. The head is amazing but shaft is noodle like.[/quote]

Todd - Wow is it that bad? You are coming from the Nike made for Fubuki K in your CT, right? The one from the VRS circa 2012? I thought that that was the loosest shaft I've ever tried. So the BB must be very soft to flex.[/quote]

I have the real deal Fubuki K, not the made for Nike version. It isn't super stiff but feels stiffer. I really think I need to give it another chance cause I always hit driver last at the dome and after 3 or 4 buckets maybe I'm just out of shape and tired. Haha. I'm heading to dome now and I'm gonna hit a few warm ups and go straight to driver. I'll report back in an hour or two. Bringing the Fubuki K and my CT 2.0.

Next time I am in the Nike booth! I'll put the TiNi silver in the Vapor head!

The shaft that came in the Covert 2.0 tour is my favorite stock Nike shaft.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1422924093' post='10871803']Next time I am in the Nike booth! I'll put the TiNi silver in the Vapor head!

The shaft that came in the Covert 2.0 tour is my favorite stock Nike shaft.[/quote]

Love to hear the results. I wonder if it's cheaper to buy a CT 2.0 to get the tini shaft or just order a shaft.

Question to all you guys using the shafts from your Coverts, are you changing out the flex loft adapter or keeping the previous versions?

I know the new ones are supposed to be slightly lighter so I'm wondering if it would make that big of a difference.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

Sorry, I was recalling a conversation on here last year where someone said they got the CT 2.0 from Golftown with a Fubuki K at no up charge, and we figured it had to be the made for. For some reason I thought it was you, my bad. I have a bad memory.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback man.

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

Well another range session with the Flex and I hit a whole bucket of balls with it, since it's so much fun to hit. I settled on 9.5N and I must have hit all the balls within a very small area. Misses are good and it feels great. I'm getting more carry and roll than anything I've ever played. This is the first Nike driver that has ever worked for me.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='texasdave' timestamp='1422924399' post='10871833']
Question to all you guys using the shafts from your Coverts, are you changing out the flex loft adapter or keeping the previous versions?

I know the new ones are supposed to be slightly lighter so I'm wondering if it would make that big of a difference.
[/quote]

They are smaller but its tough to notice a change. If you didnt know they were smaller/lighter before hand i dont think you would have realized its different. If i buy an old covert shaft i will probably just keep the covert adapter on the shaft.

[/quote]

They are smaller but its tough to notice a change. If you didnt know they were smaller/lighter before hand i dont think you would have realized its different. If i buy an old covert shaft i will probably just keep the covert adapter on the shaft.

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1422925836' post='10872001']

Sorry, I was recalling a conversation on here last year where someone said they got the CT 2.0 from Golftown with a Fubuki K at no up charge, and we figured it had to be the made for. For some reason I thought it was you, my bad. I have a bad memory.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback man.[/quote]

That was me. When I received the club there was a $125 upcharge. Golf Town told me no upcharge so they gave me a dozen RZN black and a garbage looking hat that I Frisbee'd right in the dumpster outside the store. I just got to the dome. Hopefully the trackman is available tonight.

[quote name='texasdave' timestamp='1422924399' post='10871833']Question to all you guys using the shafts from your Coverts, are you changing out the flex loft adapter or keeping the previous versions?

I know the new ones are supposed to be slightly lighter so I'm wondering if it would make that big of a difference.[/quote]

I'm just gonna use it as is and see how it goes.

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1422925854' post='10872003']
Well another range session with the Flex and I hit a whole bucket of balls with it, since it's so much fun to hit. I settled on 9.5N and I must have hit all the balls within a very small area. Misses are good and it feels great. I'm getting more carry and roll than anything I've ever played. This is the first Nike driver that has ever worked for me.
[/quote]

^^^^THIS! is great to hear......does it remind you of anything in recent past?

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1422926641' post='10872087']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't think of anything except maybe the Biocell +, except the Flex feels better, sounds better, longer and straighter, other than that - yes.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1422926849' post='10872105']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't think of anything except maybe the Biocell +, except the Flex feels better, sounds better, longer and straighter, other than that - yes.
[/quote]

Great comparison. ...despite the two tone looks , the bio cell plus was solid offering......can't wait until Wednesday!

Thanks bro.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stock S+? I talked myself out of the Flex but from my indoor testing the sound and feel was amazing. Bottom line nothing can beat real life testing on the range or course.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

I went back to test the Nike today still wanting to like them! I feel I need to try one in the x flex shaft. I struggled with hitting it straight, I felt even when I put a solid swing on it that it wanted to leak right. Then I would pick up my R15 with 661 and just hit a tight draw. Very frustrating. These things feel amazing! I will give it one more opportunity with an x flex S+ and hoe for the best.

Kris

[quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1422929018' post='10872399']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stock S+? I talked myself out of the Flex but from my indoor testing the sound and feel was amazing. Bottom line nothing can beat real life testing on the range or course.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm only swing 105, so it's okay for me. I need a few rounds to be sure. I love the 757 in the r15, so that's another possibility if the s+ doesn't work out.

FWIW, the S+ X is a huge improvement from the Stiff. For those interested between the S+ 60 X and the D+ 60 X, the D+ can hold up to some good speed even at the 60s weight. Probably meant for 110-115 with a quick transition regardless of overall tempo.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

[quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1422931549' post='10872817']FWIW, the S+ X is a huge improvement from the Stiff. For those interested between the S+ 60 X and the D+ 60 X, the D+ can hold up to some good speed even at the 60s weight. Probably meant for 110-115 with a quick transition regardless of overall tempo.[/quote] Totally agree with this. I see the same thing

[quote name='caddyshackgolf18' timestamp='1422933202' post='10873049']
[quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1422931549' post='10872817']FWIW, the S+ X is a huge improvement from the Stiff. For those interested between the S+ 60 X and the D+ 60 X, the D+ can hold up to some good speed even at the 60s weight. Probably meant for 110-115 with a quick transition regardless of overall tempo.[/quote] Totally agree with this. I see the same thing
[/quote]

Could this be why mark crossfield is seeing lower ball speeds compared to Rick shiels who was using a xs d+. I too demod the pro in stiff s+ and my ball speed was consistently 6-8mph lower than my g30.

GBB Epic Fujikura Pro74s
G25 4W Kai'li 80s
G25 20* UST VTS Silver 100s
Nike Vapor PC 4-AW
SM6 54F/58S

Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha. [attachment=2600095:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422936341.014979.jpg]

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936170' post='10873403']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha.
[/quote]
Not bad numbers, do you know the actual playing length of the Vapor Pro? I don’t believe it is 45.5, just like the vpc irons I ordered, they are at least 1/2 shorter than what is stated? Thanks!

[quote name='bama11' timestamp='1422936409' post='10873431'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936170' post='10873403']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha.
[/quote]
Not bad numbers, do you know the actual playing length of the Vapor Pro? I don’t believe it is 45.5, just like the vpc irons I ordered, they are at least 1/2 shorter than what is stated? Thanks![/quote]

I thought it was 45.5" but I haven't measured.

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936518' post='10873443']
Sorry guys. Not sure why that kept posting. It kept saying Post Error.
[/quote]good stuff! And btw you can delete every single one of those on the bottom right...

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

[quote name='TigerStrong' timestamp='1422936841' post='10873477'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936518' post='10873443']
Sorry guys. Not sure why that kept posting. It kept saying Post Error.
[/quote]good stuff! And btw you can delete every single one of those on the bottom right...[/quote]

How do I delete them. No idea how. I'm on the iPhone app

[quote name='Afraid2goLow' timestamp='1422925867' post='10872007']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to know as I just bought a KK Silver to slide in the Pro.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1