Nike Vapor Iron Series

greenknight9

guys - quick ?...for those of you who ordered specific swing weights in your orders...how good/close was nike at getting your specs correct?

i ordered mine at D6...hoping they're at least in the ballpark

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gioguy21' timestamp='1418047171' post='10561377']
guys - quick ?...for those of you who ordered specific swing weights in your orders...how good/close was nike at getting your specs correct?

[/quote]

I ordered mine in a 3.5 swing weight and they came in 3.5.

Hooray.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1418068203' post='10563167']
[quote name='gioguy21' timestamp='1418047171' post='10561377']

[/quote]

I ordered mine in a 3.5 swing weight and they came in 3.5.

Hooray.
[/quote] awesome. thanks! (i was told a few horror stories of nike custom so, figured i'd ask you guys who've had recent purchases)

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

For all the lefties out there...

I think my vpc's should be here tomorrow. I ordered them just before Thanksgiving.

KBS Tour Shafts, NDMC grip, 2 degrees strong, 4-aw.

Since I can't do anything with them now with winter I am contemplating sending then to continental golf for paint fill. I have never done it. But want a red swoosh :)

Titleist 910 D2 - GD AD DI6
Titleist 917 F2 16.5* - GD AD DI7
Titleist 620 MB 4-P DGS300 
Titleist Vokey SM7 
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0
ProV1x

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1418068995' post='10563269']

I think my vpc's should be here tomorrow. I ordered them just before Thanksgiving.

Since I can't do anything with them now with winter I am contemplating sending then to continental golf for paint fill. I have never done it. But want a red swoosh :)
[/quote]

I ordered my Pro's Saturday and they have an expected ship date of this Friday...we will see if I get that lucky.

This is giving me hope. I ordered my set last monday and no word of back ordered head or grips yet!

Driver - [color=#0000ff]Nike Vapor Fly Pro - Fujikura Pro Series 65 - Stiff[/color]
3W - [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#00ff00]Cobra Bio Cell Blue - Matrix Ozik white tie[/color][/font]
5W - [color=#0000ff]Nike Vapor Fly - Tensei CK Blue 65F - Stiff[/color]
Hybrid - [color=#ff0000]Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Kuro Kage Stiff[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Irons - Cobra S3 Pro 3-PW[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Nike Engage - 52* Square, 60* Dual Sole[/color] [color=#0000cd]Project X PXi 6.5[/color]
Putter - [color=#808080]Nike Method B1-02[/color]
Ball - Titleist ProV1x
[color=#008080]#supportyourlocalmuni[/color]

[color=#008080]WITB: [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1303874-toddashford-nike-bag/page__p__13196536#entry13196536"]http://www.golfwrx.c...6#entry13196536[/url]
[twitter]toddash[/twitter]
instagram.com/toddash18

[quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1418068995' post='10563269']

[/quote]Just curious, I have the stock shafted set in 4-A but not two degrees strong. That makes a 44° pitching wedge and 49° A. How many more wedges do you carry and what is the rest of your set makeup?

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

All I can say to Nike is "these are perfect the way they are. Now start working on a good set of woods and make me reconsider my TMs!"

On my second round today I was playing darts with the irons, and the misses had very low dispersion. Thumbs up Nike!

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

My impressions this far. First my history so that people can get a sense of what type of player I am and you can decide if it is helpful at all. I am a 16 that has played sgi, cavities and blades. I have only been playing for about 4 or 5 years in terms of actually by the rules and attempting to get better. My iron game is ok I guess. Not way better than my handicap but what does lose me strokes throughout my rounds are penalties from off the tee (I am not a long hitter so taking anything less off the tee just doesn't allow me to be in good position unless I play shorter tee boxes). I wouldn't say my hc would be way lower but probably between a 10-13 if I could consistently keep the ball in a good position for my second shot. With that in mind I obviisly still don't hit the middle of the face with my irons consistently either and need forgiveness haha. I had been playing some great golf as of late with my lowest round in the last 5 being an 85 and highest being 92 I believe. I have been playing cobra bio cell+ irons which are great due to being a little less clunky and having a great amount of forgiveness. My gripe with them is the feel. I always felt that even with a center face shot, it would still feel hard and kind of clunky so I i wanted to move back to a forged iron and decided to come back full circle to nikes (my first ever iron set I bought for myself were the Nike vr cavities like super chunky haha). So I went out yesterday and bought the Nike vapor pro combos with the dg pro s300 4-aw.
First off the look of these as most know are either you love the volt or hate it, well I love it haha. Goes well with my seahawk colored bag (go Hawks!!!). Looking down from address is perfect as the short irons have a nice blade length and thinner top line. The long irons have a little bit thicker topline but still better than my bio cells and not too thin where I feel intimidated standing over them. Overall fantastic look from these irons.
I have been able to have two short range sessions with the irons, but so far so good. Feel of the short irons are fantastic. Not mizuno or wilson forged soft but pretty dang close and center of the face shots feel like I'm not even hitting the ball (and that's with range rocks haha). Definitely better than the bio cells. Slightly off center strikes were still good but the feedback was there which was nice. Trajectory of the short irons with the dg pros is what I'm loving. I am getting a higher ball flight but not ballooning that just shoots out. The visual just made me smile as I have always had a bit of a lower flight and this was a welcomed change. Off center hits didn't seem to be that different besides a little lower. My normal miss with my Cobras was a push. I had maybe one push the past two days and it seems to me that is due to being able to turn over/release the club better (more weight in the toe I guess?) so my shots were flying straight and my really good swings had a small draw to it. I did have one shot that was out towards the toe and it did hook a bit but not too terrible. Long irons felt great. Ball flight was more of a gradual rise and penetrating flight (again a really nice change compared to the.bio cells). One shot way out in the toe with the 4 iron and man that stung and the shot was s*** but I was pleased with the feedback as with the bio cells it would feel towards the toe but not awful and shot shape was just bad but I didn't know how bad of a strike I put on it so I didn't know exactly what the cause of it besides that I suck haha. Again overall great feel and trajectory form these sticks that I haven't experienced since I played my wilson v2s.
So far my favorite thing about these irons is the flight I'm getting. With the higher shot I am hoping this will translate into a bit more carry on the course. I won't know until Friday when I get to go out and actually play but hopefully it's what I'm thinking. Forgiveness wise these were good. Slightly off center I still saw a good ball flight and it stayed around where I was aimng/expecting the ball to land. Can't remark on distance lossyet as its at the range with range balls and not on the course.
So just a small review from a mediocre to bad player in hopes it helps someone out there haha. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer. Thanks everyone!

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1418174468' post='10569591']My impressions this far. First my history so that people can get a sense of what type of player I am and you can decide if it is helpful at all. I am a 16 that has played sgi, cavities and blades. I have only been playing for about 4 or 5 years in terms of actually by the rules and attempting to get better. My iron game is ok I guess. Not way better than my handicap but what does lose me strokes throughout my rounds are penalties from off the tee (I am not a long hitter so taking anything less off the tee just doesn't allow me to be in good position unless I play shorter tee boxes). I wouldn't say my hc would be way lower but probably between a 10-13 if I could consistently keep the ball in a good position for my second shot. With that in mind I obviisly still don't hit the middle of the face with my irons consistently either and need forgiveness haha. I had been playing some great golf as of late with my lowest round in the last 5 being an 85 and highest being 92 I believe. I have been playing cobra bio cell+ irons which are great due to being a little less clunky and having a great amount of forgiveness. My gripe with them is the feel. I always felt that even with a center face shot, it would still feel hard and kind of clunky so I i wanted to move back to a forged iron and decided to come back full circle to nikes (my first ever iron set I bought for myself were the Nike vr cavities like super chunky haha). So I went out yesterday and bought the Nike vapor pro combos with the dg pro s300 4-aw.
First off the look of these as most know are either you love the volt or hate it, well I love it haha. Goes well with my seahawk colored bag (go Hawks!!!). Looking down from address is perfect as the short irons have a nice blade length and thinner top line. The long irons have a little bit thicker topline but still better than my bio cells and not too thin where I feel intimidated standing over them. Overall fantastic look from these irons.
I have been able to have two short range sessions with the irons, but so far so good. Feel of the short irons are fantastic. Not mizuno or wilson forged soft but pretty dang close and center of the face shots feel like I'm not even hitting the ball (and that's with range rocks haha). Definitely better than the bio cells. Slightly off center strikes were still good but the feedback was there which was nice. Trajectory of the short irons with the dg pros is what I'm loving. I am getting a higher ball flight but not ballooning that just shoots out. The visual just made me smile as I have always had a bit of a lower flight and this was a welcomed change. Off center hits didn't seem to be that different besides a little lower. My normal miss with my Cobras was a push. I had maybe one push the past two days and it seems to me that is due to being able to turn over/release the club better (more weight in the toe I guess?) so my shots were flying straight and my really good swings had a small draw to it. I did have one shot that was out towards the toe and it did hook a bit but not too terrible. Long irons felt great. Ball flight was more of a gradual rise and penetrating flight (again a really nice change compared to the.bio cells). One shot way out in the toe with the 4 iron and man that stung and the shot was s*** but I was pleased with the feedback as with the bio cells it would feel towards the toe but not awful and shot shape was just bad but I didn't know how bad of a strike I put on it so I didn't know exactly what the cause of it besides that I suck haha. Again overall great feel and trajectory form these sticks that I haven't experienced since I played my wilson v2s.
So far my favorite thing about these irons is the flight I'm getting. With the higher shot I am hoping this will translate into a bit more carry on the course. I won't know until Friday when I get to go out and actually play but hopefully it's what I'm thinking. Forgiveness wise these were good. Slightly off center I still saw a good ball flight and it stayed around where I was aimng/expecting the ball to land. Can't remark on distance lossyet as its at the range with range balls and not on the course.
So just a small review from a mediocre to bad player in hopes it helps someone out there haha. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer. Thanks everyone![/quote]

Great review, thanks. I think these are the best irons I have ever hit.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1418178506' post='10569991']
[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1418174468' post='10569591']My impressions this far. First my history so that people can get a sense of what
type of player I am and you can decide if it is helpful at all. I am a 16 that has played sgi, cavities and blades. I have only been playing for about 4 or 5 years in terms of actually by the rules and attempting to get better. My iron game is ok I guess. Not way better than my handicap but what does lose me strokes throughout my rounds are penalties from off the tee (I am not a long hitter so taking anything less off the tee just doesn't allow me to be in good position unless I play shorter tee boxes). I wouldn't say my hc would be way lower but probably between a 10-13 if I could consistently keep the ball in a good position for my second shot. With that in mind I obviisly still don't hit the middle of the face with my irons consistently either and need forgiveness haha. I had been playing some great golf as of late with my lowest round in the last 5 being an 85 and highest being 92 I believe. I have been playing cobra bio cell+ irons which are great due to being a little less clunky and having a great amount of forgiveness. My gripe with them is the feel. I always felt that even with a center face shot, it would still feel hard and kind of clunky so I i wanted to move back to a forged iron and decided to come back full circle to nikes (my first ever iron set I bought for myself were the Nike vr cavities like super chunky haha). So I went out yesterday and bought the Nike vapor pro combos with the dg pro s300 4-aw.
So just a small review from a mediocre to bad player in hopes it helps someone out there haha. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer. Thanks everyone![/quote]

Great review, thanks. I think these are the best irons I have ever hit.
[/quote]

Thank you. Means a lot from a player much better than me haha and I agree great clubs. I just hope it lasts through the fun honeymoon phase

Nice review Papa J.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='Shilgy' timestamp='1418098474' post='10565717'][quote name='greenknight9' timestamp='1418068995' post='10563269']

[/quote]Just curious, I have the stock shafted set in 4-A but not two degrees strong. That makes a 44° pitching wedge and 49° A. How many more wedges do you carry and what is the rest of your set makeup?[/quote]

I have a 52 degree vr forged bent to 53, and a 56 toe sweep bent to 57. My signature is a little dated. It's personal preference but Ive grown to prefer to carry an extra wedge vs a 3 iron or an additional wood. That could change though, once a ho always a a ho! I also carry a 19 degree hybrid, 15 degree 3 wood, driver and putter to round out the bag. Hope that helps.

I did indeed receive my irons today and man are they pretty! Now I need to get some acrylic paint and get creative with this swoosh ;)

Titleist Vokey SM7 
ProV1x

I saw the Vapor line in person for the first time today. Vapor Pro looks really good at address. However, I'm VERY disappointed in the Pro Combo set. They've gone away from a player's club to more of game improvement, IMO. The offset is dramatic and the sole is way too wide. I would hope that the Vapor Pro irons are pretty good in the forgiveness category b/c it appears Nike no longer has a Player's CB offering.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1418180459' post='10570321']Nice review Papa J.[/quote]

Agreed, nice review papaj. Keep em coming. It's great to hear that these puppies are offering up some forgiveness. As some have said they look very ap2-ish at address, beautiful!

Titleist Vokey SM7 
ProV1x

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1418174468' post='10569591']My impressions this far. First my history so that people can get a sense of what type of player I am and you can decide if it is helpful at all. I am a 16 that has played sgi, cavities and blades. I have only been playing for about 4 or 5 years in terms of actually by the rules and attempting to get better. My iron game is ok I guess. Not way better than my handicap but what does lose me strokes throughout my rounds are penalties from off the tee (I am not a long hitter so taking anything less off the tee just doesn't allow me to be in good position unless I play shorter tee boxes). I wouldn't say my hc would be way lower but probably between a 10-13 if I could consistently keep the ball in a good position for my second shot. With that in mind I obviisly still don't hit the middle of the face with my irons consistently either and need forgiveness haha. I had been playing some great golf as of late with my lowest round in the last 5 being an 85 and highest being 92 I believe. I have been playing cobra bio cell+ irons which are great due to being a little less clunky and having a great amount of forgiveness. My gripe with them is the feel. I always felt that even with a center face shot, it would still feel hard and kind of clunky so I i wanted to move back to a forged iron and decided to come back full circle to nikes (my first ever iron set I bought for myself were the Nike vr cavities like super chunky haha). So I went out yesterday and bought the Nike vapor pro combos with the dg pro s300 4-aw.

Awesome review sir. I've got the pros and am loving them as well

[quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1418185145' post='10570793']
I saw the Vapor line in person for the first time today. Vapor Pro looks really good at address. However, I'm VERY disappointed in the Pro Combo set. They've gone away from a player's club to more of game improvement, IMO. The offset is dramatic and the sole is way too wide. I would hope that the Vapor Pro irons are pretty good in the forgiveness category b/c it appears Nike no longer has a Player's CB offering.
[/quote]
My opinion so take it as that haha but these are still players cb. Maybe a little less than say true cavity backs like titleist or cleveland have but there is plenty of ability to work the ball but they offer great forgiveness in the areas that the better iron player is looking for. Still have to put a decent swing to play these and hoping my swing continues to perform but being a little bit higher capper than these were really marketed for I know there will be days that I'm going to get frustrated haha. But they are playable and even with my limited skills I was able to work the ball little. I can't be precise with it but I can get a ball to draw or fade I just don't know how much it's going to do that because I'm not consistent enough with my hit placement on the face. I suggest you try them before basically calling the game improvement clubs haha. That is your opinion and that's fine but these are awesome clubs and I think players from scratch to decent iron players of my skill level will enjoy and play well with them. Have a good one!

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1418200626' post='10571325'][quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1418185145' post='10570793']
[/quote]
My opinion so take it as that haha but these are still players cb. Maybe a little less than say true cavity backs like titleist or cleveland have but there is plenty of ability to work the ball but they offer great forgiveness in the areas that the better iron player is looking for. Still have to put a decent swing to play these and hoping my swing continues to perform but being a little bit higher capper than these were really marketed for I know there will be days that I'm going to get frustrated haha. But they are playable and even with my limited skills I was able to work the ball little. I can't be precise with it but I can get a ball to draw or fade I just don't know how much it's going to do that because I'm not consistent enough with my hit placement on the face. I suggest you try them before basically calling the game improvement clubs haha. That is your opinion and that's fine but these are awesome clubs and I think players from scratch to decent iron players of my skill level will enjoy and play well with them. Have a good one![/quote]
I feel the same way. The VPC are a players CB iron. They meld perfectly the VRS/Covert forged and the 2013/4 VR Pro Combo irons IMO. Some said the VR PC was short on distance and very penalizing on mishits. Some said the VRS/Covert forged were too big (I always wished they were 10-15% smaller/thinner) and not workable enough.

I consider those complaints FIXED. Although I'm still not 100% sold on the DG Pro shafts, I have no other complaints about the VPCs. Almost as forgiving as my VRS forged, and longer than the VR PC, yet just as workable.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I did not hit the those two offerings as I new I didn't have the game for the PCs and didn't like the look of the vrs/covert forged.
The dg pros are good I think. Lighter than the normal s300s by a little and they feel like they have a softer tip section. I do want to try some Pxi or steel fibers but money just isn't there haha. Plus I keep hearing mixed things about the pxi ball flight. The website says a middle to lower ball flight but people seem to be getter a higher all flight? I want a higherball and the dg pros have given me that over the s300 I used before. I wouldn't mind going back to kbs tours either they felt nice.

[/quote]

Wow, I don't think the VPC are a game improvement iron, they are a players club, IMHO. The Speed set is game improvement. I think Nike did a fantastic job with the VPC, nice thin topline, less offset, great feel. I liked the CF, but felt they were a little clunky, to me the VPC is a prefect iron. Too each his own I guess, but I feel that the VPC irons still require a quality strike, and consistent impact, are they more forgiving than the Pros, sure, but still need to be consistent with the strike.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Exactly. Definitely have to put a good swing on the ball to get results. But I guess if you wanted to say are they the most forgiving player cavities that I have ever played? I would say it would be a very good run between these and Wilson fg tours v2.
I will also add that for the speed, for being a game improvement iron the looks at address are fantastic and really the blade length is barely barely longer than the pro combos in the top line is not distracting at all. The longer irons can be a bit too thick for my taste but if the lofts weren't so strong and they were forged they would be perfect. Although we all know you can't have the perfect world where it's as forgiving as the speed but nice feeling as the pro combos.

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1418219372' post='10571681']
[/quote]

Wow, I don't think the VPC are a game improvement iron, they are a players club, IMHO. The Speed set is game improvement. I think Nike did a fantastic job with the VPC, nice thin topline, less offset, great feel. I liked the CF, but felt they were a little clunky, to me the VPC is a prefect iron. Too each his own I guess, but I feel that the VPC irons still require a quality strike, and consistent impact, are they more forgiving than the Pros, sure, but still need to be consistent with the strike.
[/quote]

To each his own. IMO a players CB should be similar to a blade with slightly more forgiveness and perhaps different launch conditions due to weighting. With that said, I consider examples of players CBs to be Mizuno MP-15, 64, Titleist CB, AP2, Nike pro combo CB, callaway x-forged CB, etc.

The vapor pro combo 4-iron reminded me of the old Cleveland VAS irons...way too much offset and massive sole width. That's my opinion. Everyone is free to form their own assessment.

Nice review PapaJ! Looking forward to hearing how the DG Pros treat you on Friday.Did you get them standard loft/lie? if so, will be interesting to hear how the distances play out being a little weaker. Good luck!

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

[quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1418233334' post='10572873'] [quote name='minteq' timestamp='1418219372' post='10571681'] [quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1418185145' post='10570793'] I saw the Vapor line in person for the first time today. Vapor Pro looks really good at address. However, I'm VERY disappointed in the Pro Combo set. They've gone away from a player's club to more of game improvement, IMO. The offset is dramatic and the sole is way too wide. I would hope that the Vapor Pro irons are pretty good in the forgiveness category b/c it appears Nike no longer has a Player's CB offering. [/quote] Wow, I don't think the VPC are a game improvement iron, they are a players club, IMHO. The Speed set is game improvement. I think Nike did a fantastic job with the VPC, nice thin topline, less offset, great feel. I liked the CF, but felt they were a little clunky, to me the VPC is a prefect iron. Too each his own I guess, but I feel that the VPC irons still require a quality strike, and consistent impact, are they more forgiving than the Pros, sure, but still need to be consistent with the strike. [/quote] To each his own. IMO a players CB should be similar to a blade with slightly more forgiveness and perhaps different launch conditions due to weighting. With that said, I consider examples of players CBs to be Mizuno MP-15, 64, Titleist CB, AP2, Nike pro combo CB, callaway x-forged CB, etc. The vapor pro combo 4-iron reminded me of the old Cleveland VAS irons...way too much offset and massive sole width. That's my opinion. Everyone is free to form their own assessment. [/quote]Fair assessment IMO when considering other brands. I agree with others that this is an excellent blend of the 2.0 forged and 2014 PC. I would argue that these match up almost identical to the AP2. I also like that they didnt get crazy with the lofts on the VPC which again IMO, puts them more into a players iron than a GI iron, although the gap is being narrowed.

That said, in a perfect world, I would LOVE to be able to mix and match between vapor pro, Vapor RZN Cavity, and Vapor Pocket Cavity. a full set of Rzn Cavity like 8-AW in the current VPC would be my dream set from Nike. The Speed could be their SGI offering.

I need to hit the Pros a little more extensively and Im sure there isnt much difference aside from feel between the VPC 8-AW and the Pros but the progressive profile would be sweet. So in summary modernize the VR blade, Split, and Full Cavs:)

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

[quote name='DuckHook02' timestamp='1418233334' post='10572873']
[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1418219372' post='10571681']
[/quote]

[/quote]

To each his own. IMO a players CB should be similar to a blade with slightly more forgiveness and perhaps different launch conditions due to weighting. With that said, I consider examples of players CBs to be Mizuno MP-15, 64, Titleist CB, AP2, Nike pro combo CB, callaway x-forged CB, etc.

The vapor pro combo 4-iron reminded me of the old Cleveland VAS irons...way too much offset and massive sole width. That's my opinion. Everyone is free to form their own assessment.
[/quote]

I don't think duckhook was directing his post to anyone in particular just giving his 0.02 which I can totally understand .. especially in the long irons .. the combo are borderline player cbs imo .. they have a larger profile than I was expecting and yes more offset and wide soles .. not that it matters too much .. but its definitely noticeable .. just the overall large profile .. i wouldn't call them compact players irons

After three weeks off in a shoulder injury I'm excited to say that I will be trying is out again on Friday if the weather holds. It sounds like many of us are having similar experiences with the pro combos. I think if anything I might add a pitch 98 on the blades but I really really love these things. As many of said before the DJ Pro really is a good shift I think the The weight ranges in a great spot for people want to come down from 130s or up from 110s.

The low irons really do come off as darts or like a super beanbag toss and The longer irons really do elevate nicely. As I said before the weakness in my iron game on my long irons I really do have a tough time with them. However with the set I have been great having great success I've never been this confident ending for iron off the tee.

And I am positive the success with the long irons is due to the head and the new design. My brother has the covert forged with DG pro in them and I've hit them. I didn't have success with the long irons that I did with the sun so definitely the Weber is a better head than covert forged for me.

Great review. Sounds like more people are loving the pro, then the better players with the pro at least so far.

If I had my computer near me I would be able to help you out there, but they list them as softer tip in the longer irons to help elevate them and then progressively stiffen as the club get shorter in order to have a more penetrating trajectory. On the website it gives it a med types been with a variable trajectory depending on the club used.