2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1448040733' post='12624506']
Picked up my adjusted J15' CB's today. Ball flights are so much better from 5 to PW. And distance gaps are just about as good as my ball striking allows. Wjhat I am surprised about is how 'long' they are. LA's and carry distances are below for me:

PW 32*, 140y
9 27* 151y
8 23* 163y
7 18* 172y
6 15.5* 180y
5 13* 190y
4 11* 192y

Unfortunately the 4 Iron is still a problem, so I've left that with my Pro for him to adjust another 1*, but I'm almost at the point of admitting that it could be extra hybrid time for me. Though I may have a go with the Titleist T-MB #4 because I've heard some stories of how it's a pretty high launch club for it's loft. We'll see, when my Pro has adjusted my CB #4 Iron though.
[/quote]

Uwotm8

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1448041025' post='12624540']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1448040733' post='12624506']
Picked up my adjusted J15' CB's today. Ball flights are so much better from 5 to PW. And distance gaps are just about as good as my ball striking allows. Wjhat I am surprised about is how 'long' they are. LA's and carry distances are below for me:

PW 32*, 140y
9 27* 151y
8 23* 163y
7 18* 172y
6 15.5* 180y
5 13* 190y
4 11* 192y

Unfortunately the 4 Iron is still a problem, so I've left that with my Pro for him to adjust another 1*, but I'm almost at the point of admitting that it could be extra hybrid time for me. Though I may have a go with the Titleist T-MB #4 because I've heard some stories of how it's a pretty high launch club for it's loft. We'll see, when my Pro has adjusted my CB #4 Iron though.
[/quote]

Uwotm8
[/quote]

R Sed Boi...........................

Uwotm8? R Sed Boi? Is that Klingon? Lol

Impressive numbers Jay. Strange that your 4 iron was close to your 5 with the lower launch angle. I am assuming those are averages. How many balls did you hit to get the average?

Oh, I forgot. Ick noi sa

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448051033' post='12625166']
Uwotm8? R Sed Boi? Is that Klingon? Lol

Impressive numbers Jay. Strange that your 4 iron was close to your 5 with the lower launch angle. I am assuming those are averages. How many balls did you hit to get the average?

Oh, I forgot. Ick noi sa
[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's that strange in one way, because the lower launch angle is set off by the slightly higher ball speeds of the 4 over the 5 (128.5mph v 126mph), which then gives a similar carry distance. But obviously for me, with my swing speeds, and for my own personal swing dynamics. I've reached the lowest point of launch angle for me with the 4 iron to make near as damn it no difference in terms of overall carry, My launch angles are at that point of 'no gain' in the long irons. Many people suffer from that at some point in their swing. A little extra spin can help with the peak heights, but I'm not sure if that will help to the point of it being playable enough. I hit around 10 balls with each club to get to those averages. But I'm finding the spin rates very low, which is probably why the higher launch angles of the shorter irons are able to mask a problem that really shows itself lower down the bag, when that lower spin really starts to take it's toll. B330S ball will help a touch I'm sure.

I think what is strange is that the 7-PW Launch angles are very healthy, but rapidly drop away by the time I get to my 5 iron, as I said, extra spin may help a touch with peak heights which will give the impression of higher ball flight, but whether it will be enough to persuade me to keep the 4 iron in, we'll have to see, other wise it's off to the 2 hybrids route! Eeeeek!

I have the 2 and 4 hybrid. Both are very good for me. My 4 hybrid is pretty darn long. I have to be careful of gaps. My 5 iron is my 180-185 yard club. I hit the 4 hybrid 200+. The 2 hybrid is averaging 220 for me. Make sure you test them before you buy.

Wait....your left handed. Oops, sorry for the above. forgot you were a lefty.

My friend Jaywh2 has the Tmb 4 iron and can't say enough good things about it. He said it has been a surprisingly solid, straight club. I know you mentioned them earlier. That might just be your best route.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448053889' post='12625330']
I have the 2 and 4 hybrid. Both are very good for me. My 4 hybrid is pretty darn long. I have to be careful of gaps. My 5 iron is my 180-185 yard club. I hit the 4 hybrid 200+. The 2 hybrid is averaging 220 for me. Make sure you test them before you buy.

Wait....your left handed. Oops, sorry for the above. forgot you were a lefty.

My friend Jaywh2 has the Tmb 4 iron and can't say enough good things about it. He said it has been a surprisingly solid, straight club. I know you mentioned them earlier. That might just be your best route.
[/quote]

My Pro is going to tweak the 4 Iron another 1*, then I think what I will do is go out on the Course with it, with a few Bridgestone B330s balls, and hit as many 4 irons as I can, to see if it's playable in the real world. My instincts are that it will be a very close call with that slightly higher spin giving a few extra feet of peak height, but I've already ordered a Titleist 816 H1 23* to play around with too!! Though my instincts are with that is that I will dial it down 1* and it will end up being my 220y-225y Club, which'll mean I will still have that 205-210y club to navigate. Lets hope the CB 4 iron will end up coming up trumps. Otherwise it's a 25* 816 H1 as well. What a terrible situation.................love it!

[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1448055881' post='12625454']
LOL OH! Those were launch angles! I thought they were lofts cuz you talked about them being bent
[/quote]

Lol. Come on...get with the program. I don't think Bridgestone have gone quite as strong with their lofts as Callaway or TM just yet have they? :derisive:

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1448245936' post='12633360']Im ironless at the moment.....what to do what to do....[/quote]

I'm posting four sets on BST in a few minutes. You can choose

Titleist TSR3 10* Diamana GT 60
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana GT 70
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Mizuno MP 241 DG AMT Tour White S300
Mizuno T24 Raw 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1448245936' post='12633360']
Im ironless at the moment.....what to do what to do....
[/quote]

Why did you sell the CB? (You probably said why earlier in the thread but I missed it)

SLDR 10,5 ALDILA RIP Phenom Nasty Long
Taylormade R11 Tour Issue 3-wood project X 7a3
Bridgestone J15 MB 4-PW X100
Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 wedges X100
Ping Pick em up L
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158523-steff-p-witb-20-2015/page__p__11269627__hl__+steff_p#entry11269627"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Steff_P' timestamp='1448273831' post='12634140']
[/quote]

Why did you sell the CB? (You probably said why earlier in the thread but I missed it)
[/quote]

I can answer this since I have gotten to know Jay this past year. You see, there is a condition that only a few people can get. If everyone had this condition, there would never be a golf manufacturer to close it's doors and the world will be full of thriving divorce lawyers. This condition can strike anyone at any stage of their life. I was stricken with this condition at a later part of my life. It's an everyday battle but with the threats of my wife, I can control it for the most part.

Jay on the other hand has no support system. In fact, Jay is cursed in many ways which causes this condition to grab a hold of your soul and never let go. For starters, Jay is successful in his business life. Then, on top of that, his wife is actually understanding of his condition. Throw in that Jay is very intelligent which causes someone to want to tinker. And finally, Jay is a very generous man. Add all these up and you have a the perfect storm for a full blown golf ho. That's right, I just outed Jay. He's a ho. Plain and simple.

We all have a little ho inside us. If not, you wouldn't be here reading my rambling right now. But Jay is on a whole new level. He in fact is the barometer that I measure my success by. The man told me several months back that he loved his bag. One week later, he bought 4 sets of irons. AND HIS WIFE DOESN'T SAY ONE WORD! He's my hero. I love you man.....

In all seriousness now. Jay is a good dude that only buys new equipment. Whoever buys his stuff will get a great deal.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448281132' post='12634244']
We all have a little ho inside us.
[/quote]
Must...not...make...joke...

In all seriousness though, Jay, how did you like the PXi 6.0 shafts you had on one of those iron shafts? I've got the same shaft on my irons, but don't know much about these types of things other than the weight and flex is about right.

[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1448285744' post='12634446'][quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448281132' post='12634244']
[/quote]

In all seriousness though, Jay, how did you like the PXi 6.0 shafts you had on one of those iron shafts? I've got the same shaft on my irons, but don't know much about these types of things other than the weight and flex is about right.[/quote]

PXI is a fine shaft. It's same as regular PX just a bit lighter thus launches a few degrees higher. I think it feels better but that's the marketing angle so I probably bought into that. It's a low mid to mid launch shaft. Honestly it's one of the best lighter shafts that doesn't balloon and spin as much as others.

Bettinardi SS28 Tour

[quote name='Jaywh2' timestamp='1448290407' post='12634716']
[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1448285744' post='12634446'][quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448281132' post='12634244']
[/quote]

In all seriousness though, Jay, how did you like the PXi 6.0 shafts you had on one of those iron shafts? I've got the same shaft on my irons, but don't know much about these types of things other than the weight and flex is about right.[/quote]

PXI is a fine shaft. It's same as regular PX just a bit lighter thus launches a few degrees higher. I think it feels better but that's the marketing angle so I probably bought into that. It's a low mid to mid launch shaft. Honestly it's one of the best lighter shafts that doesn't balloon and spin as much as others.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input! I like the feel, and have been hitting it well, so I have no desire to change anytime soon, but didn't know where in the spectrum of launch/spin it fit in. Certainly beats the senior flex shafts I was playing until this summer.

[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1448291144' post='12634774']
[quote name='Jaywh2' timestamp='1448290407' post='12634716']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for your input! I like the feel, and have been hitting it well, so I have no desire to change anytime soon, but didn't know where in the spectrum of launch/spin it fit in. Certainly beats the senior flex shafts I was playing until this summer.
[/quote]

I think the titleist shaft chart for irons is pretty spot on. The 6.0 is just below where have it as 5.5 on their chart. Their driver chart is fairly accurate with a few outliers based on my experience. But we are all different and have different swings .... So nothing is perfect.

Bettinardi SS28 Tour

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can answer this since I have gotten to know Jay this past year. You see, there is a condition that only a few people can get. If everyone had this condition, there would never be a golf manufacturer to close it's doors and the world will be full of thriving divorce lawyers. This condition can strike anyone at any stage of their life. I was stricken with this condition at a later part of my life. It's an everyday battle but with the threats of my wife, I can control it for the most part.

Jay on the other hand has no support system. In fact, Jay is cursed in many ways which causes this condition to grab a hold of your soul and never let go. For starters, Jay is successful in his business life. Then, on top of that, his wife is actually understanding of his condition. Throw in that Jay is very intelligent which causes someone to want to tinker. And finally, Jay is a very generous man. Add all these up and you have a the perfect storm for a full blown golf ho. That's right, I just outed Jay. He's a ho. Plain and simple.

We all have a little ho inside us. If not, you wouldn't be here reading my rambling right now. But Jay is on a whole new level. He in fact is the barometer that I measure my success by. The man told me several months back that he loved his bag. One week later, he bought 4 sets of irons. AND HIS WIFE DOESN'T SAY ONE WORD! He's my hero. I love you man.....

In all seriousness now. Jay is a good dude that only buys new equipment. Whoever buys his stuff will get a great deal.
[/quote]

Except I'm not jay lol. I sold them to try out different shafts. I sold my puller so taking out the steelfiber would have been a pain.

[quote name='czastrow' timestamp='1448293062' post='12634962']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Except I'm not jay lol. I sold them to try out different shafts. I sold my puller so taking out the steelfiber would have been a pain.
[/quote]

Lol. I just looked at Jay's bst ad. I guess I had that on my mind. I guess my wife is right, I open my mouth before thinking.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I am here today to admit that I have sinned. I was swayed by the temptation on something new and shiny. I cheated on my J15cb's with the Titleist 716 cb's. After several range sessions and 1.5 rounds, I beg this thread for forgiveness. Sure the Titleist are a great set. Sure they are pretty. But they just couldn't beat out,(so far), the J15's.

That actually sounded funnier in my head. Sometimes work gets boring.

Actually, they are so close, the only difference is the shaft. I just think the S300 is too heavy for me. I will stay with the J15's and never stray.

At least I confirmed in my mind just how good the J15's are.

Anyone interested in the Titleist, pm me.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1448297336' post='12635306']
Congrats TM! Now you don't have to worry about changing the rest of your bag. ;)
[/quote]

Exactly. And I don't have to change my avatar. Lol

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448297364' post='12635316']
The SPB's were a great shaft. Unfortunately, the heavier weights make my elbow hurt. I hate getting old.
[/quote]

The steelfiber 110 in stiff to me played pretty dang close to the spb, which is why I liked it. I was just never as accurate with the sf as I was with the spb or recoils.

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1448297435' post='12635322']
[quote name='rennsport27' timestamp='1448297336' post='12635306']
Congrats TM! Now you don't have to worry about changing the rest of your bag. ;)
[/quote]

Exactly. And I don't have to change my avatar. Lol
[/quote]
You really should change your underwear though.......