2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dukediv2011' timestamp='1447459141' post='12596236']
A bit off topic... which Bridgestone ball is similar to the ProV1x?
[/quote]

The B330 rx. Great ball. It's what I play.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/937812-update-2014-titleist-pro-v1-vs-pro-v1x-vs-bridgestone-b330-vs-b330-s-vs-b330-rx-vs-b330-rxs/

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='dukediv2011' timestamp='1447459141' post='12596236']A bit off topic... which Bridgestone ball is similar to the ProV1x?[/quote]

B330 (black box)

Cobra LTDX 9* Ventus Blue 6X
Cobra LTDX LS 16.5* Ventus Black 8X
Cobra Tour 4-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX6 50*/54*/58* PX 6.5
Ping PLD Anser D

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

The Black box is for swings +105 mph. I can definitely tell a difference between those and the Red box. But when I play ProV1x, it feels more like the Red box.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I play B330S. Have not played the B330 but I have two friends that are bridgestone tour pros and both say they can't feel any difference between the two. So Both are good. I agree that the RX version is more like the NXT-tour, but the RX has a way better cover. If you want a ball similar to Pro v1x go for b330s or b330. But if you have lower swing speed go for the RX. My dad plays the RX and he has a ton of spin in his short game (he is 60):)

SLDR 10,5 ALDILA RIP Phenom Nasty Long
Taylormade R11 Tour Issue 3-wood project X 7a3
Bridgestone J15 MB 4-PW X100
Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 wedges X100
Ping Pick em up L
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158523-steff-p-witb-20-2015/page__p__11269627__hl__+steff_p#entry11269627"]WITB Link[/url]

Jus got back from my 3rd session on the range with my CB's. This time on Flightscope. Boy, they feel fantastic. FWIW but thankfully I was striking the ball beautifully today. Unfortunately when looking at the numbers, some things from the first 2 sessions appeared to be confirmed. The PW and 9 Launched at 29.6* and 26* respectively. Perfectly acceptable. But the 8 Irons' average launch was only 19.6*, and this squeezing of the Irons continued through the rest of the Irons too, to a point whereby I was only launching my 4 Iron at between 10-11*! This obviously resulted in the carry distance being squeezed to such an extent that the carry distances from my 4 Iron to my 6 Iron were virtually identical, as was my carry distances of my 7 and 8 irons. All of this was because my Launch angles of 4-8 irons was a couple of degrees too low to be giving the distance gaps expected and needed. Therefore my Pro has decided to weaken the lofts of the 4-8 by 2 degrees, this will help in theory, of raising both launch angles and spin rates, so giving both more carry, and more appropriate yardage gaps. The 9 and PW were fine in terms of LA and spin, so we decided to leave them alone. He said he'll bend them on Monday when he has time, so the results will be interesting to see and post. As I said, as for feel, well sorry to all you Mizzy fan boys, these CB's absolutely knock the socks off the new MP25's. No contest!

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1447507198' post='12597852']
Jus got back from my 3rd session on the range with my CB's. This time on Flightscope. Boy, they feel fantastic. FWIW but thankfully I was striking the ball beautifully today. Unfortunately when looking at the numbers, some things from the first 2 sessions appeared to be confirmed. The PW and 9 Launched at 29.6* and 26* respectively. Perfectly acceptable. But the 8 Irons' average launch was only 19.6*, and this squeezing of the Irons continued through the rest of the Irons too, to a point whereby I was only launching my 4 Iron at between 10-11*! This obviously resulted in the carry distance being squeezed to such an extent that the carry distances from my 4 Iron to my 6 Iron were virtually identical, as was my carry distances of my 7 and 8 irons. All of this was because my Launch angles of 4-8 irons was a couple of degrees too low to be giving the distance gaps expected and needed. Therefore my Pro has decided to weaken the lofts of the 4-8 by 2 degrees, this will help in theory, of raising both launch angles and spin rates, so giving both more carry, and more appropriate yardage gaps. The 9 and PW were fine in terms of LA and spin, so we decided to leave them alone. He said he'll bend them on Monday when he has time, so the results will be interesting to see and post. As I said, as for feel, well sorry to all you Mizzy fan boys, these CB's absolutely knock the socks off the new MP25's. No contest!
[/quote]

You might have helped me here Jay. I am seeing the same thing. My 4,5,6 irons look identical and I feel the carry is very close to each other. I need to get to a monitor to check. I just figured I wasn't hitting them properly. And that still could be the case.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I have the same swing speed as the Pro at my club. We both are old. Around 100 mph by the way. The B330rx has been a great ball for me. I didn't really like the B330. But it is the opposite for the Pro. He swears he gets more distance out of the B330. My second favorite is the ProV1x followed by Srixon zstar XV. To me, they all feel very close.

If you go to EBay, there are always great deals on both balls.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447509399' post='12597946']
[/quote]

You might have helped me here Jay. I am seeing the same thing. My 4,5,6 irons look identical and I feel the carry is very close to each other. I need to get to a monitor to check. I just figured I wasn't hitting them properly. And that still could be the case.
[/quote]

Ah, there you are!!!

Yes, get yourself on a reliable LM. Ok, it only conformed what I already worked out from my eye, but in a way it's nice to get it confirmed, because I know something pretty straightforward will sort out the issue. So it's good to know a simple solution is there.

I'm ordering the J715 Driver on Monday, probably just go with Aldila Tour Green. But I couldn't possibly divulge the deal my Pro is giving me on it......hehe.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1447509865' post='12597982']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, there you are!!!

Yes, get yourself on a reliable LM. Ok, it only conformed what I already worked out from my eye, but in a way it's nice to get it confirmed, because I know something pretty straightforward will sort out the issue. So it's good to know a simple solution is there.

I'm ordering the J715 Driver on Monday, probably just go with Aldila Tour Green. But I couldn't possibly divulge the deal my Pro is giving me on it......hehe.
[/quote]

Might be a perfect set of clubs for me. Bringing those pesky trajectory down. Way down

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='ph00ny' timestamp='1447519564' post='12598446']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, there you are!!!

[/quote]

Might be a perfect set of clubs for me. Bringing those pesky trajectory down. Way down
[/quote]

I'm sure it's not the case for everyone, I'm a squeezer, not a flipper of the club, it's just how I deliver the club, after 35 years of playing Links Golf. But it is confusing why the 9 and PW are absolutely perfect for LA, trajectory and peak height, yet there is such a drop off from there on down. I may get my Pro to check the lofts of all of them before he actually adjusts the lofts of the 4-8. Just as a matter of interest, because, although not scientific, I compared the loft at address with a Titleist T-MB #2 Iron which is supposed to be 17* and to my eye there doesn't look to be much difference between that and my J15 CB #4 Iron which is supposed to be 22.5*. Looks pretty damn close to my eye.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1447524488' post='12598624']
[quote name='ph00ny' timestamp='1447519564' post='12598446']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, there you are!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure it's not the case for everyone, I'm a squeezer, not a flipper of the club, it's just how I deliver the club, after 35 years of playing Links Golf. But it is confusing why the 9 and PW are absolutely perfect for LA, trajectory and peak height, yet there is such a drop off from there on down. I may get my Pro to check the lofts of all of them before he actually adjusts the lofts of the 4-8. Just as a matter of interest, because, although not scientific, I compared the loft at address with a Titleist T-MB #2 Iron which is supposed to be 17* and to my eye there doesn't look to be much difference between that and my J15 CB #4 Iron which is supposed to be 22.5*. Looks pretty damn close to my eye.
[/quote]

Same here. I'm a squeezer too but my shots are ridiculously high from having decent ss and more upright swing. I've been looking to bring down the trajectory and just can't hit anything other than the blades i'm currently gaming. Even my old gamer MP29s would soar into the air. This applies to every club in my bag including the 2 iron

I did notice that 681Ts have the old iron lofts which are very weak compared to the irons these days (2iron at 20*, 4iron at 26*)

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

I'm afraid having a decent Swing speed has very little to do with it. Historically and nowadays there have been and are plenty of guys with 'decent swing speeds' who trap the ball and present a lower loft at impact than some other with similar Swing speeds. The presentation of loft is the key, sure, centres of gravity and spin rates can make a small difference, but essentially, the only way to raise or lower ball flights is to change the loft, either by means of changing the club in the bag, or a swing change to learn how to present a different loft at impact which changes that dynamic loft at impact. A 'squeezer' or 'trapper' tends to present lower loft and therefore hit the ball lower than a 'flipper' who presents more loft at impact, but our swing speeds have little to do with it. I play with plenty of older guys who's dynamic lofts are very high, hence they hit the ball exponentially high. And with many guys at the other end of the spectrum with higher Swing speeds who hit the ball relatively low, who obviously present lower loft at impact. We can all the mistake of what we think we're doing, for what we're actually doing in the golf swing, it's very easy to do. Guys like Monte Scheinblum often touches on these issues in his vids, and is fabulous at explaining this.

Played in our last club tournament today. It's a two day event. Irons were solid. The driver let me down though. I hit lots of nice shots but one in particular was 177 to the flag. The pin was in the back of the green where it's an upper level green. It would have been better to come up short vs long. I hit a six iron which is normally 170-175 for me. My ball mark was two inches from the hole but ended up two feet away. And I birdied the hole. So the flight was perfect and distance was great. As I stated earlier, I thought I was experiencing the problems Jay had with his 4,5,6 irons. But after today, I just need to learn how to hit the ball better.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447543902' post='12599440']
Played in our last club tournament today. It's a two day event. Irons were solid. The driver let me down though. I hit lots of nice shots but one in particular was 177 to the flag. The pin was in the back of the green where it's an upper level green. It would have been better to come up short vs long. I hit a six iron which is normally 170-175 for me. My ball mark was two inches from the hole but ended up two feet away. And I birdied the hole. So the flight was perfect and distance was great. As I stated earlier, I thought I was experiencing the problems Jay had with his 4,5,6 irons. But after today, I just need to learn how to hit the ball better.
[/quote]

I'd still get on a good launch monitor, just to satisfy yourself for sure, though I admit, what is sometimes seen on the range can be a world away from what the real world, on course results can be. If it's just an inkling type of thing, I'd say it's probably go with on course results. But if it so blatantly obvious that a 4 Iron is carrying the same distance as your 7 iron, then clearly that needs investigating further and adjusted accordingly.

I can't wait to get my Irons back now, just to see how much difference that 2* of weakening to the lofts of the 4-8 will make, and compare it with both my instinctive perception of what ball flights I would like to see, and cross reference that with some hard data too. I'll definitely post again the results when I get them back in the week. My first instincts are that I feel very positive about the impending results, but we'll see.

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447543902' post='12599440']
[/quote]

Oh, by the way, and I know this is a touch off piste, but how are the J15F and J15Hy?

This thread says all J15's. I had my hand slapped once before for talking about the fairways and hybrids. But once I pointed out that it says just J15's, I was given the green light. And besides, I have had several conversations with Czastrow (op) and I don't think he would mind someone talking about the J15 line.

My 3 wood has a tour ad-di 7s shaft in it. When nutted, it is the longest 3 wood that I have owned. Feels great, medium flight. Great off the tee, good off the fairway. But the good is better than what I have owned in the past. I will not change this club out until there is a clear winner.

My hybrid had the Fujikura shaft. It was either straight and very long or hooking. I definitely know it's my swing. For some reason I want to kill a hybrid when I swing. With a controlled swing it is great. Up until now, I didn't think anything would beat my 913 hybrid. But the J15 feels great, sounds great, and gets great results most of the time. I just switched out the shaft for another shaft. For some reason I just can't think of the name. It's 85 grams xstiff flex. So far my results have been good. But I have only played two rounds with it. What I can say, which is something that everyone knows, the hybrid and fairway definitely needs a smooth swing. The irons do as well but not like the woods do. I hope that makes sense.

The putter is the biggest surprise.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447545451' post='12599534']
This thread says all J15's. I had my hand slapped once before for talking about the fairways and hybrids. But once I pointed out that it says just J15's, I was given the green light. And besides, I have had several conversations with Czastrow (op) and I don't think he would mind someone talking about the J15 line.

My 3 wood has a tour ad-di 7s shaft in it. When nutted, it is the longest 3 wood that I have owned. Feels great, medium flight. Great off the tee, good off the fairway. But the good is better than what I have owned in the past. I will not change this club out until there is a clear winner.

My hybrid had the Fujikura shaft. It was either straight and very long or hooking. I definitely know it's my swing. For some reason I want to kill a hybrid when I swing. With a controlled swing it is great. Up until now, I didn't think anything would beat my 913 hybrid. But the J15 feels great, sounds great, and gets great results most of the time. I just switched out the shaft for another shaft. For some reason I just can't think of the name. It's 85 grams xstiff flex. So far my results have been good. But I have only played two rounds with it. What I can say, which is something that everyone knows, the hybrid and fairway definitely needs a smooth swing. The irons do as well but not like the woods do. I hope that makes sense.

[/quote]

Yes I think I get it. Personally I normally find that it's the shaft that more often than not, dictates the tempo needed to get the best out of any Club, but then again, that's probably just me. I had heard that the Hybrid was typically a little draw bias, so it may not be your swing that could be the cause of the odd hooky ball. I sometimes find that a heavier shaft, particularly in the hybrid hook debate, both keep the tempo in check and also help with that hooky one now and again.

I'm not sure about the lack of versatility of not being able to alter the lofts, but I'm at an age when I should welcome fixed heads and the days of yaw, but I think we've maybe been spoiled over the last few years with all this adjustability phenomena. So maybe I should embrace idea of a fixed head, instead of looking at it as a negative. I may just bite the bullet and order the F and an Hy and see how it goes

Anyway, sorry about that, back to the subject of the Irons, Sorry guys!

[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447462490' post='12596490']
[/quote]

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/937812-update-2014-titleist-pro-v1-vs-pro-v1x-vs-bridgestone-b330-vs-b330-s-vs-b330-rx-vs-b330-rxs/
[/quote]

The RX is no where close to the ProV1X...the most comparable ball would be the B330-S.

Welcome to the Stoner Club!

I am a long time Mizuno iron player (most recently MP-53s). I read this thread from the beginning and was looking for something that offered Mizuno feel (softness) yet gave me more forgiveness them the 53s. The claims of incredible feel and forgiveness got me very intrigued and I began to look for J15 demos in my area. Nothing. Then, a random wrxer said he was having difficulty choosing between his 745s and his J15CBs...he then completely surprised me when he said he would sell me the J15CBs ,paired with the modus 125S since he was very happy with both sets. I bought them sight unseen,and never even tested the iron before...

It was the best golfing related decision I have EVER made in my life.The irons (heads) are fantastic and the modus 3 125S is the smoothest yet tightest shaft I have ever swung. The combination creates the best overall CB on the planet; Mizuno feel, GI distance, GI forgiveness, and players CB workability.

Can't be beat. Period.

That's my story.

Welcome!

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

I personnaly had to weaken the loft cause my gaps were not good. 2degree from 4-8. Took about two week to really know my bag but after that point, the search for better irons was over.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

[/quote]
Mods......please do something about all this fairway and hybrid banter in the Bridgestone thread.....What next.....Comparing B-Stone balls to Pro V's.

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1447545912' post='12599564']
Man im glad some of tou can still play some golf its a no go here in ohio might take a road trip soon lol
[/quote]

Invitation still stands. Pack up the Vespa and head down south. Pick up Wobgon on your way down.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1447549662' post='12599874']

[/quote]
Mods......please do something about all this fairway and hybrid banter in the Bridgestone thread.....What next.....Comparing B-Stone balls to Pro V's.
[/quote]

This thread is multi informative. Lol

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='jonn443' timestamp='1447548139' post='12599750']
[quote name='TMelectric' timestamp='1447462490' post='12596490']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The RX is no where close to the ProV1X...the most comparable ball would be the B330-S.

Welcome to the Stoner Club!

I am a long time Mizuno iron player (most recently MP-53s). I read this thread from the beginning and was looking for something that offered Mizuno feel (softness) yet gave me more forgiveness them the 53s. The claims of incredible feel and forgiveness got me very intrigued and I began to look for J15 demos in my area. Nothing. Then, a random wrxer said he was having difficulty choosing between his 745s and his J15CBs...he then completely surprised me when he said he would sell me the J15CBs ,paired with the modus 125S since he was very happy with both sets. I bought them sight unseen,and never even tested the iron before...

It was the best golfing related decision I have EVER made in my life.The irons (heads) are fantastic and the modus 3 125S is the smoothest yet tightest shaft I have ever swung. The combination creates the best overall CB on the planet; Mizuno feel, GI distance, GI forgiveness, and players CB workability.

Can't be beat. Period.

That's my story.

Welcome!
[/quote]

The Modus 125's will be my next shaft. They are getting great reviews. Great pickup there.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

[quote name='fujiman.757' timestamp='1447552887' post='12600124']
Yes i got a set of modus 125xxxxxx's on the way soon great shaft
[/quote]

Yeah TM and, Fuji, fantastic shaft...

S300 weight, KBS feel and smoothness, C Taper height and slightly flatter ball flight, and X100 Dispersion.

Night to day better for me then the S300 which I played for 15 years.

What more could you for? :)

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0