Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='bhughesgolf' timestamp='1422391368' post='10829939']
1) RA was not drunk [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this??? He was drinking though, how much?? Some people can get drunk with 1 beer, so we dont know his tolerance[/color]
2) RA does not and never has done any type of drugs [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this? This can go both ways....he stated he was drugged? So there may be drugs in his system? But was it from being drugged, or was because he was looking for some goodies?[/color]
3) His card was used at a strip club according to reports - he didnt use it [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this?? Camera's show he was in there? His caddie confirmed even though he confirmed then denied...... $3500 at a strip club seems like a lot...but guess not for a baller like RA[/color]
4) His caddie left 10 mins BUT he was still there with another friend
5) As RA came from bathroom the group of men & one woman told RA his friend had gone downstairs because it was 11pm and closing time
6) his friend was actually still in the bar waiting for him
7) Friend went looking for RA when he hadnt returned but could only find some people around a car in car park who denied seeing him leave and no sign of RA
8) Friend went looking around the area for RA but couldnt see him or find him and couldnt get hold of him on his phone
9) Two hours later he is found in park [color=#ff0000]He was not found in a park...... that was the misunderstanding, the homeless guy lives in the PARK, Allenby was found twice out side of the Amuse Wine bar on the street. [/color]
Lot of mis information out there - as RA said in his news conference it will hopefully all be resolved and until that time he cant do much but try and play golf again as that is the only thing he can control right now- the talk and stories he cant control.. Its a sad time but I know he will strong enough to write a bigger better story on the course in the upcoming months and the rest will be worked out in the correct manner [color=#ff0000]You are right, lots of misinformation...... but nothing that can prove a kidnapping, even the POLICE have not opened a kidnapping as nothing has proven nor indicated such event.[/color]
[/quote]

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422388870' post='10829621']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1422388269' post='10829553']Did he deny being at the jiggly room?[/quote]

Yes
[/quote]

Not exactly a denial>

"Responding to a recent GolfChannel.com report which found that Allenby spent $3,400 at a nearby adult entertainment club, he reemphasized this point.

“No memory of that,” he explained. “As I said, from 11:06 to 1:27 in the morning is a complete blank.”"

[quote name='smiley9929' timestamp='1422390881' post='10829869']How can you go from [b]passed out[/b] in the park, to the point a homeless dude can't wake you up, to [b]partying [/b]at a strip club a few minutes later?

And THEN manage your way back to nearly the same spot in the park and pass out again? WTF?

It must have been a really comfortable spot...[/quote]

See I want to say that sounds far stranger than what Allenby is claiming as to what happened

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Allenby's latest price to win in Phoenix is 850/1 (Betfair)......
Maybe he will be inspired to victory to disprove the doubters?

I shall be keeping my money in my pocket though!

Neil

Mizuno Mp630
Xhot 3 deep 14.5
SLDR 17 deg hybrid
Ping g15 20 deg hybrid
Callaway XR pro 5 - pw
callaway X forged 48
Callway X tour 52 & 58
Nike Method Mod 90

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1422392120' post='10829999'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422388870' post='10829621']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1422388269' post='10829553']Did he deny being at the jiggly room?[/quote]

Yes
[/quote]

Not exactly a denial>

"Responding to a recent GolfChannel.com report which found that Allenby spent $3,400 at a nearby adult entertainment club, he reemphasized this point.

“No memory of that,” he explained. “As I said, from 11:06 to 1:27 in the morning is a complete blank.”"[/quote]

True. He claimed he never knowingly went there.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Since he feels he was drugged? Why hasn't he submitted to a drug test to deny or confirm? Would help his story if he has nothing to hide, but they find some kind of date rape drug in his system.....

bet he has something more than just some roofies in his system...

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422392718' post='10830057']
Since he feels he was drugged? Why hasn't he submitted to a drug test to deny or confirm? Would help his story if he has nothing to hide, but they find some kind of date rape drug in his system.....

[/quote]

In his presser he stated he has taken a drug test, he made no further comment though.

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1422392884' post='10830073']

[/quote]

In his presser he stated he has taken a drug test, he made no further comment though.
[/quote]

Oh missed that, thanks..... would be interesting to find out the results LOL.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[/quote]
He was tested for drugs, as per his conference today..

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422391294' post='10829931']

nbg, while again I totally agree with you about the 3 sides of the story, When you make statements there are repercussions, dont you think his statements were a little over the top and overblown. Shouldnt he have been filtered or tried to make a clearer account before making wild accusations that are now accusations and no one has validated his claims?

[b]Again.....his claims......could affect millions of people and millions of dollars?[/b]

*edit*
Lets just say that we can never prove that he is lying......because it can go either way? He will stick to his story. That is fine...... But now what about Hawaii, what does Hawaii do now? How do we recover from this? What if "Sony" says !#@#$ we dont want to be involved with this anymore....cant take a chance...... What now.....
[/quote]

I can't keep reading what you've written here and not respond. I completely disagree. No, Robert Allenby's story will not, in any meaningful way, affect the tourism industry of Hawaii nor the Sony Open. Will some people reconsider coming to Hawaii because of the story? Sure. Do I still think they'll change their mind of coming to paradise because of it? Possibly, but not likely. Hawaii is unique - you don't change your plans to visit an island paradise in the dead of winter because one random person has a story about losing his wallet and getting punched - even if it turns out to be true. Hawaii already has a reputation for homeless and meth - Robert Allenby's story hasn't done anything to change that. Will Amuse have fewer patrons because of this? I'd reckon they might even have a few more than usual just because of the hype. Look...We still know that Allenby wasn't on a resort and he was left alone...something that most tourists in Hawaii, or any other vacation destinations, generally don't do.
So no, I don't think a D-list famous person's story, which turns out to have several holes, will affect the $14,000,000,000 Hawaii tourism industry.

Allenby had always been a pretty straight shooter, saying what he thinks. If he was drugged pretty easy to have no idea what has happened. I was slipped something once, remember getting to a petrol station and waking up in the garden only to find out it was nearly 4 hours later.

I think he has no idea what happened, maybe got a bit excited when he first told the story which he shouldn't have if he had no memory.

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422390897' post='10829873']
[quote name='Mtn_Mikey' timestamp='1422386952' post='10829409']
And all of this impacts me and my golf game how?

What a complete waste of band width and air time.
[/quote]

This can affect one of the first PGA tour events of the year, in which I am sure you enjoyed watching. In addition a potential vacation excuse and golf, to come to hawaii now that we have this black eye? Directly impact your game? Not so much, but indirectly impact it and many many others? Highly probable.....

PS if its a waste of time..... guess what....Dont click....no one has kidnapped you and thrown you in a trunk to read this thread.....

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422387724' post='10829491']
Interesting to me is how forceful he was at the press conference. He believes his version of events. The press seems to be backing off from it's previous position of extreme doubt.
I think Playaway is right. Those who do not like Allenby are looking to justify themselves.
I believe he is a confused victim. I also believe in innocence until proven otherwise in a court of law. He hasn't been charged with anything. Still, many of you want to believe he is guilty.
[/quote]

nbg, I agree with you in the sense that the man has a hazy account. This is the problem that I see, If he knows that he has a hazy memory, how can you remember being drugged, grabbed by 2 men, kidnapped, thrown in a trunk of a car. But people that were not drugged be it homeless have a completely different story?

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was robbed, but not mugged. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that his memory is hazy, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that yes he his a victim, I will even give him the benefit of the doubt that he may have been drugged (Highly Highly unlikely) But to make a whole story of being kidnapped/mugged when his injuries as stated BY THE POLICE do not indicate a physical attack....

His hazy memory is causing fear, doubt and problems for the STATE OF HAWAII. Tourism, he is making it sound like Hawaii is a potential threat to tourist. Millions of tourist come to Hawaii every year, How many reports do we have of Kidnapping? I havent seen any kidnapping, robbery? Yes, Mugging....mmmm I wont say mugging but stealing yes.

Instead of making a whole "Taken" move out of this, why didnt he say that I dont remember much....my memories is hazy..... I think something happen to me but I am not sure, Yes my wallet and phone was gone, I may have been robbed while my memory was hazy. But he made this "kidnapping" story because he was told he was seen dropped out of a trunk NOT because he remembers being dropped out of a trunk........

Again...... This isnt only about RA.... This is about his statements that can affect MILLIONS of people..... Tourist, Sponsors and hard working locals that are just doing what they can to survive here in Hawaii, just because he cant remember what he did that evening.......be it parting like a Rockstar and making bad choices.....
[/quote]
Hawaii is a beautiful shell sitting atop a cauldron of molten lava. I believe that most tourists understand the real underlying danger of that beautiful State and yet still, they come to visit it's wonderful charms. Most will be unconcerned about an isolated incident involving a professional golfer. Hawaii, like Canada is a safe haven for most. Everyone knows that. And while that is true, there is still crime in both places. Such is life.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422393373' post='10830127']

[/quote]
[/quote]

When? Most drugs can't be detected when you test three days or more after use.

So he couldn't remember being kidnapped and thrown into the trunk of a car, but decided to claim that happened anyway? How anybody is buying this guys story is beyond me and rather humorous. I Now understand why those guys still send out those "Nigerian prince needs your help!" emails. Somebody is giving them their account numbers, and they're posting in this thread.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1422393481' post='10830137']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422391294' post='10829931']
nbg, while again I totally agree with you about the 3 sides of the story, When you make statements there are repercussions, dont you think his statements were a little over the top and overblown. Shouldnt he have been filtered or tried to make a clearer account before making wild accusations that are now accusations and no one has validated his claims?

[b]Again.....his claims......could affect millions of people and millions of dollars?[/b]

*edit*
Lets just say that we can never prove that he is lying......because it can go either way? He will stick to his story. That is fine...... But now what about Hawaii, what does Hawaii do now? How do we recover from this? What if "Sony" says !#@#$ we dont want to be involved with this anymore....cant take a chance...... What now.....
[/quote]

I can't keep reading what you've written here and not respond. I completely disagree. No, Robert Allenby's story will not, in any meaningful way, affect the tourism industry of Hawaii nor the Sony Open. Will some people reconsider coming to Hawaii because of the story? Sure. Do I still think they'll change their mind of coming to paradise because of it? Possibly, but not likely. Hawaii is unique - you don't change your plans to visit an island paradise in the dead of winter because one random person has a story about losing his wallet and getting punched - even if it turns out to be true. Hawaii already has a reputation for homeless and meth - Robert Allenby's story hasn't done anything to change that. Will Amuse have fewer patrons because of this? I'd reckon they might even have a few more than usual just because of the hype. Look...We still know that Allenby wasn't on a resort and he was left alone...something that most tourists in Hawaii, or any other vacation destinations, generally don't do.
So no, I don't think a D-list famous person's story, which turns out to have several holes, will affect the $14,000,000,000 Hawaii tourism industry.
[/quote]

Fair enough, not going to lie.....I am blowing it up a little....I feel a little impartial only to the fact that I am fortunate to be close to the Sony Open (personal connections) In any case seeing as how Sony already had the wonderful exposure from the movie (the interview) and NK. In addition to fighting for a 5 year contract extension with Sony last year, Its been a rough ride keeping the Sony Open here. Its been on a glass floor so treading carefully has been very important.

Also Hawaii tourism can be affected in many ways..... Hawaii recent negative exposures (Apec -Deedy trial) the RA fiasco, doesnt help nor does it bring any more positive light. In the beginning of the thread someone already stated that this could cause questioning if the would like to come or not.

As for the hype yes.... there will always be the hype but like anything it will fizzle fast, hopefully just like this event it will just disappear and we wont have to deal with it.

PS - bmaas03.... I agree with you by the way, I dont think its going to be a huge change....but just sucks to get a black eye for something that doesnt seem likely....and I enjoy having an excuse every new year not to come to work for a week because of *Work* =)!!!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422391152' post='10829913']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422390940' post='10829877']
[i]Allenby Apologist? Hardly. I've never liked him. [/i]
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]
[/quote]

The truth is emerging but it's not coming from Allenby. He's been a liar from the word go.
[/quote]
The truth will likely emerge once a professional investigation is concluded. As much as I appreciate your seeming confidence that Allenby is a liar, I will hold personal judgement aside until those professionals make their results public.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422394213' post='10830233']
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]
[/quote]

The truth is emerging but it's not coming from Allenby. He's been a liar from the word go.
[/quote]
The truth will likely emerge once a professional investigation is concluded. As much as I appreciate your seeming confidence that Allenby is a liar, I will hold personal judgement aside until those professionals make their results public.
[/quote]

Shouldn't it be pretty telling that the "professionals" haven't opened a kidnapping or assault case? Seems to put some major holes in Roberts story right off the bat.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My bad. When I hear a guy tell lie after lie I just assume he's a liar.

[/quote]
[/quote]
His confidence at the press conference today leads me to believe that he has the results back from his drug test and the results might help corroborate his story. Add to that the fact that his credit card seems to have been used by someone he doesn't know soon after and all of a sudden his story sounds plausible.

I don't know what happened, and I think most of us are in the same seat in that regard, meaning we're drawing conclusions from incomplete information. What surprises me is how someone with limited information can be so c0ck sure at this point of what did or didn't happen.

If he was drugged and robbed, does it matter if he was thrown out of a trunk or punched in the face?

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422393926' post='10830197']

[/quote]
[/quote]

When? Most drugs can't be detected when you test three days or more after use.
[/quote]
Most but not all drugs, right? Right.
He said he was tested. Not when.This statement went unchallenged by the press. The police aren't stupid. They know what kind of a window they have in order to test for drugs.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422394469' post='10830267']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

My bad. When I hear a guy tell lie after lie I just assume he's a liar.
[/quote]
You know what happens when you assume, right?
I think Allenby made some assumptions during a state of confusion. Look what assuming has done for him......

Slipping someone a mickey and robbing them is as old as the hills. Maybe he's lying or maybe he's just confused about what he remembers. In hindsight, it would have been easier to say the cards where lost and eat the $20K than to put up with this BS.

Google drugged and robbed - there's even story from 2007 where cops are warning people in Hawaii to be careful.

NYC Strippers Drugged and Robbed Wealthy Victims, Cops Say
http://time.com/2857478/strippers-nyc-molly/

Fashion gurus robbed and drugged
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-117082/Fashion-gurus-robbed-drugged.html

15 tourists have reported being drugged and robbed in two nightclubs in Valencia
http://typicallyspanish.com/news-spain/valencia2/15_tourists_have_reported_being_drugged_and_robbed_in_two_nightclubs_in_Valencia.shtml

BBC golf presenter lucky to be alive after being drugged and robbed while on holiday in the Costa Del Sol
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/bbc-presenter-lucky-alive-after-3448332

[quote name='frazzled924' timestamp='1422394794' post='10830309']
Slipping someone a mickey and robbing them is as old as the hills. Maybe he's lying or maybe he's just confused about what he remembers. In hindsight, it would have been easier to say the cards where lost and eat the $20K than to put up with this BS.

Google drugged and robbed - there's even story from 2007 where cops are warning people in Hawaii to be careful.

NYC Strippers Drugged and Robbed Wealthy Victims, Cops Say
[url="http://time.com/2857478/strippers-nyc-molly/"]http://time.com/2857...pers-nyc-molly/[/url]

Fashion gurus robbed and drugged
[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-117082/Fashion-gurus-robbed-drugged.html"]http://www.dailymail...ed-drugged.html[/url]

15 tourists have reported being drugged and robbed in two nightclubs in Valencia
[url="http://typicallyspanish.com/news-spain/valencia2/15_tourists_have_reported_being_drugged_and_robbed_in_two_nightclubs_in_Valencia.shtml"]http://typicallyspan..._Valencia.shtml[/url]

BBC golf presenter lucky to be alive after being drugged and robbed while on holiday in the Costa Del Sol
[url="http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/bbc-presenter-lucky-alive-after-3448332"]http://www.dailyreco...e-after-3448332[/url]
[/quote]
Welcome to Golfwrx!
(Where logic and common sense are often treated like the plague........)

can we all just wish allenby a good week of golf.....so he makes the cut and we get to watch what happens when he steps to the tee at 16 saturday in front of 20,000 eager to harass fans

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1422395420' post='10830377']
can we all just wish allenby a good week of golf.....so he makes the cut and we get to watch what happens when he steps to the tee at 16 saturday in front of 20,000 eager to harass fans
[/quote]
I don't know where he finds the courage to face the 16th. I really don't.......

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422395530' post='10830389']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I think he likes the attention. It's the first time he's been relevant in about 5 years.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422395530' post='10830389']
[/quote]
[/quote]

^^^^^ This..... I am not going to lie..... regardless of the situation..... "Court of Public Opinion" is going to be a B!TCH!!!!

alright alright.... I have said my peace...... going to go troll for a Blades Thread.... See you all later!

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"