2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422397305' post='10830565']
[quote name='golow' timestamp='1422397184' post='10830549'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422396385' post='10830469']
Can you really run up a $3400 tab and not remember it?
[/quote]

Yes. Yes you can. Luckily the Masters in MB bills under some generic entertainment and dining name. Slide it right on the expense report and cross your fingers.

golow™[/quote]

Can you be on some drug that enables you not to remember anything but you look completely normal to everyone else?
[/quote]
you mean, look completely normal to everybody else in the strip club? Yep. there's a ton of them.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1422401857' post='10831051']
[quote name='BrickDaFunk' timestamp='1422400260' post='10830863']
[quote name='playa' timestamp='1422399852' post='10830827']
[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1422380906' post='10828531']
[quote name='putts4bogey' timestamp='1422380400' post='10828459']What is the theme song for Allenby's night of debauchery at Femme Nu?

Violent Femmes: Gone Baby Gone?
Led Zeppelin: Good Times, Bad Times?
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Don't Ask Me No Questions?
Luscious Jackson: Naked Eye?
REM: Crush With Eyeliner?[/quote]

Witchy Woman.
[/quote]
ZZ Top: Le Grange

Doobie Brothers: China Grove

George Toro good: one boubon, one scotch, one beer.
[/quote]

G-N-R: Night Train
[/quote]

Pat Travers Band: Snorting Whiskey, Drinking Cocaine

[/quote]

Flogging Molly: Drunken Lullabies

Quite the compilation this is...can I find this Allenby station on Pandora?

I can't wait to hear the crowd in Phoenix on hole 16 when RA is on the tee. I wonder what the chant will be?

Gotta say, he has guts teeing it up there.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Im a little confused. Which story is he going with? So is he still claiming he was kidnapped, beaten and dumped out a car trunk? Or is he saying he was drugged and cant remember where he went or what happened to him? Does he admit to going to the strip club? He says hes not lying, but which of his two stories is he going with?

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422406520' post='10831481']
Im a little confused. Which story is he going with? So is he still claiming he was kidnapped, beaten and dumped out a car trunk? Or is he saying he was drugged and cant remember where he went or what happened to him? Does he admit to going to the strip club? He says hes not lying, but which of his two stories is he going with?
[/quote]

The answer is D, all of the above.

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1422406222' post='10831461']
I can't wait to hear the crowd in Phoenix on hole 16 when RA is on the tee. I wonder what the chant will be?

[/quote]

I can not believe he is going to subject him to Phoenix. He may be so self absorbed that he thinks the media is unjustly targeting him and the crowd is going to be supportive and cheer for him. Its going to be ugly.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422390940' post='10829877']
[i]Allenby Apologist? Hardly. I've never liked him. [/i]
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]
[/quote]

This is more then just a conflicting story and this is not something that happens in everyday life. And this was not mistaken recollection. He came out and said he was kidnapped. That's a serious crime. He diverted and wasted valuable police time and resources chasing a story and culprits that never existed. That's pretty indefensible.

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422408274' post='10831647']
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]
[/quote]

This is more then just a conflicting story and this is not something that happens in everyday life. And this was not mistaken recollection. He came out and said he was kidnapped. That's a serious crime. [b]He diverted and wasted valuable police time and resources [/b]chasing a story and culprits that never existed. That's pretty indefensible.
[/quote]
Not to worry, if he did the things you say, he'll pay. Law enforcement agencies really frown on such activities. And yes, as I said, conflicting stories occur every day. And why am I even responding to this post? You have no idea what happened at all, so why are you trying to convince me that you do?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='dangerman77' timestamp='1422398471' post='10830697']

Can you be on some drug that enables you not to remember anything but you look completely normal to everyone else?
[/quote]

And if so, is it safe to take every morning before heading to work?
[/quote]

ROFL!

Instead of reading my son a Curious George book, I am going to refer to this thread and the plight of Robert Allenby...only problem is, does a moral exist in all this? Maybe, get rich kid...you can do whatever the %#$& you want if you have millions.

I think the moral of the story is that you can drop 3 large on a stripper named Tiffany.

There has never, ever, been an ugly stripper named Tiffany. That's some life advice you can take to the bank.

There are also no girls named Tiffany that you could ever feel comfortable taking home to meet your parents or leaving alone with your wallet.

My kids were big on Saved by the Bell and this Tiffany was OK in their books.

2734_tiffani_amber_thiessen.jpg

That's Tiffani to you.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422408733' post='10831693']
[/quote]

This is more then just a conflicting story and this is not something that happens in everyday life. And this was not mistaken recollection. He came out and said he was kidnapped. That's a serious crime. [b]He diverted and wasted valuable police time and resources [/b]chasing a story and culprits that never existed. That's pretty indefensible.
[/quote]
Not to worry, if he did the things you say, he'll pay. Law enforcement agencies really frown on such activities. And yes, as I said, conflicting stories occur every day. And why am I even responding to this post? You have no idea what happened at all, so why are you trying to convince me that you do?
[/quote]
Cool. Post again when that "truth" comes out.

[quote name='dangerman77' timestamp='1422398471' post='10830697']

[/quote]

And if so, is it safe to take every morning before heading to work?
[/quote]

Brilliant ; )

Be good for Giants games.

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422409315' post='10831761']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I'll be comfortable with the truth when it appears. At least then, it'll be the real deal. Not just some armchair lawyer's cockamamie idea of it.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422409847' post='10831815']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422409315' post='10831761']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I'll be comfortable with the truth when it appears. At least then, it'll be the real deal. Not just some armchair lawyer's cockamamie idea of it.
[/quote]
By the way, there is his side, in which he knows he was drugged.

There is his side, in which he knows he was assaulted in the garage.

There is his side, in which he knows he was abducted like in the movies and feared for his life.

There is his side and what he knows nothing.

And there is his side in which none of the stories are his.

Then there is their side. Then there is the truth. So theyre are actually seven sides to this story. five of which are his, and it's a sucker's bet that anyone of his are the truth.

I remember once in college I drank about ten beer bongs. I think someone was dumping Jack Daniels in a few times as I was drinking. Stumbled out the door and was almost run over by a pizza delivery guy driving an orange and black Gremlin. I puked four times then was kidnapped and taken to a carnival 8 miles away. The kidnappers left me there after taking my two dollars I was going to use for macaroni and cheese and marchun soup. Gave me a bloody nose.

That's what I think happened anyway. My friends say I just walked across the street and passed out face first in the neighbors driveway!

If that was true, then why was I missing two dollars and remember clowns?

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422391871' post='10829981']
[quote name='bhughesgolf' timestamp='1422391368' post='10829939']
1) RA was not drunk [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this??? He was drinking though, how much?? Some people can get drunk with 1 beer, so we dont know his tolerance[/color]
2) RA does not and never has done any type of drugs [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this? This can go both ways....he stated he was drugged? So there may be drugs in his system? But was it from being drugged, or was because he was looking for some goodies?[/color]
3) His card was used at a strip club according to reports - he didnt use it [color=#ff0000]Can you prove this?? Camera's show he was in there? His caddie confirmed even though he confirmed then denied...... $3500 at a strip club seems like a lot...but guess not for a baller like RA[/color]
4) His caddie left 10 mins BUT he was still there with another friend
5) As RA came from bathroom the group of men & one woman told RA his friend had gone downstairs because it was 11pm and closing time
6) his friend was actually still in the bar waiting for him
7) Friend went looking for RA when he hadnt returned but could only find some people around a car in car park who denied seeing him leave and no sign of RA
8) Friend went looking around the area for RA but couldnt see him or find him and couldnt get hold of him on his phone
9) Two hours later he is found in park [color=#ff0000]He was not found in a park...... that was the misunderstanding, the homeless guy lives in the PARK, Allenby was found twice out side of the Amuse Wine bar on the street. [/color]
Lot of mis information out there - as RA said in his news conference it will hopefully all be resolved and until that time he cant do much but try and play golf again as that is the only thing he can control right now- the talk and stories he cant control.. Its a sad time but I know he will strong enough to write a bigger better story on the course in the upcoming months and the rest will be worked out in the correct manner [color=#ff0000]You are right, lots of misinformation...... but nothing that can prove a kidnapping, even the POLICE have not opened a kidnapping as nothing has proven nor indicated such event.[/color]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well Brad Hughes did grow up playing golf against Allenby perhaps not directly in juniors but both are from Victoria and Brad is now Allenby's coach so I think he has a fair amount of info on whether Allenby is a boozer or druggie . Having been around the circle a bit myself , I've never heard of Allenby being either

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1422400333' post='10830871']
[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1422394091' post='10830217']

Fair enough, not going to lie.....I am blowing it up a little....I feel a little impartial only to the fact that I am fortunate to be close to the Sony Open (personal connections) In any case seeing as how Sony already had the wonderful exposure from the movie (the interview) and NK. In addition to fighting for a 5 year contract extension with Sony last year, Its been a rough ride keeping the Sony Open here. Its been on a glass floor so treading carefully has been very important.

Also Hawaii tourism can be affected in many ways..... Hawaii recent negative exposures (Apec -Deedy trial) the RA fiasco, doesnt help nor does it bring any more positive light. In the beginning of the thread someone already stated that this could cause questioning if the would like to come or not.

As for the hype yes.... there will always be the hype but like anything it will fizzle fast, hopefully just like this event it will just disappear and we wont have to deal with it.

PS - bmaas03.... I agree with you by the way, I dont think its going to be a huge change....but just sucks to get a black eye for something that doesnt seem likely....and I enjoy having an excuse every new year not to come to work for a week because of *Work* =)!!!
[/quote]

Hawaii's tourism has increased every year since 2009 according to the Hawaii Tourism Bureau. APEC, Deedy, homeless, drugs, South Park Episodes, travel expenses/oil price increases, North Korea nukes, and 5 hurricanes have all occurred since then. The Allenby event registers somewhere between little to none on the tourism care-o-meter in comparison.
In regards to the Sony specifically...One player's antics won't affect a tournament unless it's one of the big 5, and the Sony doesn't draw the big 5 anyway.
Hawaii and the Sony are gonna be just fine. Chillax, brah. :taunt:
[/quote]

I absolutely agree with this, but I think the point is that is unfair to have this tourism "black eye" if the story is completely fabricated by someone lying to protect themselves.

[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422389431' post='10829689']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422388481' post='10829579']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422387873' post='10829503']
[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422387454' post='10829453']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422386895' post='10829403']He kept saying he didn't remember anything after 11:06 PM. Isn't it strange and very convenient that the last thing he can remember occurred precisely when we can prove exactly where he was?

If someone were on trial, and the district attorney said "sir. We have witnesses who put you at the specific spot 11:06 and then see you again at 1:30. Where were you between then? "

If the defendant said" I blacked out completely during that exact time." Would it be believable?
Because he keeps saying he forgot everything after 11:06 PM. Not a few minutes before, not a few minutes after. Everything is only lost when we can't prove We know he's lying.[/quote]

Supposedly, the surveillance video shows Allenby really stumbling out of the bathroom and then a homeless person finds in a stupor on the sidewalk. Then 2 hrs of nothing until another homeless person finds him, but I thought Rex Hoggard said that Allenby, not just his credit card, was at the club.
[/quote]
See that's the thing. Even if he was in a black at state. There would be something about that strip club that he would remember. Just a second maybe a nipple. Maybe the smell of the place. When he read his account or the timeline, there would be a part that goes "oh yeah. I think I might remember something about that."
But he is saying he remembers absolutely nothing. That doesn't ring true. I spent most of my 20s and a blackout state, drinking and ingesting God knows what. Even on the worst bender, there are always little tiny blips that would come back.
Especially if there was someone there to remind me of a timeline. I would find myself saying oh my God I did do that." Or, "crap! Did that hotel room have a painting of something that looks like a coyote raping a deer? I remember being there. "

Allenby's mad that people are scrutinizing a story. But the people scrutinizing the story are all people who have tried to pass off lies about stupid times they got trashed. We're expert witnesses baby.
[/quote]
Drinking oneself into a stupor is one thing. Being drugged is quite another, monkeynaut. I'll bet that your old bad self never gave yourself a roofie, right? You shouldn't have, anyway.....
The stories from those who've been served such drug cocktails are consistent with Allenby's claim that he has absolutely no memory in that time period.
[/quote]
Jeez, full disclosure. No. Never took rohypnol as far as I recall (never asked the names a lot). But I had a crazy ex-girlfriend who loved to rave. She mixed up some GHB once. Pretty much same effect. and while there was a helluva black out. there were little blips that i remembered the next day.
I gotta say. I NOT LIKE THAT STUFF. One and done. Never again.
[/quote]

Not everyone is the same hey Monkeynaut , some can get comatose on a line of blow and definitely on special K lol, not me but I've lost hours with 3 glasses of wine and 500mg of xanax . Takes a few days to get that spooky feeling out of your system

[quote name='kiddoc' timestamp='1422414577' post='10832291']Sounds like two credit cards in play here.....one for the liquor store and one for the strip club, based on times.
You have to remember he is stating his account includes "what he has been told"....but not who told him.

I will be on 16 on Friday (rain permitting) and Sunday.
DMC[/quote]

Thank you for your forthcoming service to this country. America salutes you!

I think when the authorities do catch up to this kidnapping bandit, they need to do a DNA test and compare it to the murderer of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldstein. I believe OJ was correct when he swore he would spend the rest of his life hunting for the murderer hence the reason he was always on the golf course, OJ was on to him. The golf course is the obvious connection. It all makes perfect sense.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422407167' post='10831547']

[/quote]

I can not believe he is going to subject him to Phoenix. He may be so self absorbed that he thinks the media is unjustly targeting him and the crowd is going to be supportive and cheer for him. Its going to be ugly.
[/quote]

Robert will tee off at 11:40 am local time from the 10th tee on Thursday. Assuming a four-hour round from his three-ball, he should be hitting the 16th tee right as Golf Channel's coverage starts.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Well multiple witnesses have come out and said he wasn't dumped from the trunk of a car 6 miles away. Including the woman he himself came out and said saw him dumped from the trunk. Other witnesses have said they found him laying on a path right near the wine bar and tried to wake him up and he became combative and didn't have the scrapes when they first found him. Same people said they found him laying there again 2 hours later. Multiple other witnesses and surveillance footage shows him at a strip club running up a $3400 bar tab after he was at the wine bar while he claims at that time he was already kidnapped from that wine bar. Its been almost 2 weeks and police have not said in anyway that this is a kidnapping investigation and I forgot exactly what they called it, but basically its an unauthorized credit card use case. So no I don't know exactly what happened, but I feel pretty safe believing he wasn't kidnapped by 5-6 men from the wine bar Taken 2 style, beaten, robbed and dumped from the trunk 6 miles away.

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1422420774' post='10832849']
[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422407167' post='10831547']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Robert will tee off at 11:40 am local time from the 10th tee on Thursday. [b] Assuming a four-hour round from his three-ball[/b], he should be hitting the 16th tee right as Golf Channel's coverage starts.
[/quote]

I love your optimism.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Single, wealthy golfer gets hammered, goes to strip bar, gets rolled, falls scrapes head, somehow gets back to hotel. Doesn't remember a damn thing. Sounds like a good weekend. Why the hell did he talk to the press?

PING Rapture *10 driver

Cleveland Halo 5 wood

Titleist 755 Irons
PING Forged wedges
Cleveland Huntington 3

[quote name='BMC' timestamp='1422452260' post='10833751'] Why the hell did he talk to the press?
[/quote]

That's what makes him an idiot. He is obviously a victim of some sort of crime but it's his actions and "stories" afterwards that has brought this attention.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1422453767' post='10833895']
[quote name='BMC' timestamp='1422452260' post='10833751'] Why the hell did he talk to the press?
[/quote]

That's what makes him an idiot. He is obviously a victim of some sort of crime but it's his actions and "stories" afterwards that has brought this attention.
[/quote]

I don't know how you can say he is "obviously" a victim. No information that has come out has backed up this point. For all we know, Allenby could have given away his credit cards in his self-drugged up state.