True Temper's new "AMT" Dynamic Gold iron shafts

pga43

That's the best part of our VWT (Variable Wall Technology). Allows us to create an ascending weight design with no swingweight variation when using a standard head weight progression. Great question.

So if building a set with the AMT, you should do so with the same swing weight throughout the set?

It means that standard head weight progressions will generally give a SW matched set. Whether you should use swing weight matching (which is the most common approach) - or some other progression (like MOI matching), is a personal preference. There really is no 'should' or 'should not' with what might work best for you.

Anyone put these just in a 3 iron and then regular DG in rest of the set? Kicking around the idea of going AMT 3 and than standard 4-P

I have AMT in my T-MB 3i and DGS300 in my Srixon irons and Stock DG in my MD3 wedges.

Think that would be a good plan or AMT could be a nice ironlike or driving iron shaft.

That's what I'm thinking, put it into a 3 T-MB

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 4-pw set of amt tour issue x100's I may be selling. Just not the best fit for me

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

I am currently playing the DG AMT's X100 softstepped in a mixed 4-P mizuno set(mp54,mp64,jpx825forged4iron). I think these are really going to catch on big time. Basically its a lighter weight, low launch, players shaft. No mid-launch assistance like the KBS and Nippon lightweights which forces you to swing slower to keep from hitting it into orbit. Progressive weights through set so 113gm 3iron, all the way to 130gm 9-P. The step pattern is different in 1-4iron , 5-7iron, 8-P. The 8-P is pretty much the same as standard D Gold, just weight sorted. 1-7 have a shorter first step. With my 4 thru 7 iron under 120gm the feel is so much lighter than DG I feel like I can swing close to my driver and hybrid metal speeds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seriously loving my X100's now gonna add a 3 iron and 4 to my set I'm so impressed, Ditched the hybrids.

3 months on mine now....super solid great feeling shafts

[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]King LTD Pro 8.5* Rogue 60X[/font][/i][/font][/color][/size]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#696969][size=3][i][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* Motore Speeder 865X[/font][/i][/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#696969][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][i]Titleist 716 CB 4-PW DG AMT X100
SM6 52*08F, 56*10S, 60*04L S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser V-Line
Titleist Pro V1x[/i][/font][/font][/color][/size]

I have the S300 AMTs in my 716 CBs, 5-PW. They feel very natural throughout the set, and I haven't noticed any particular problems with the 5 and 6 even though I generally prefer a heavier shaft. The only tricky part is that my 3 and 4 irons (MP-H4), which have standard S300s now feel oddly heavy when I switch to them after hitting the AMTs. Luckily this is less noticeable on the course than it is on the range, because on the course I'm rarely going directly from one of the 716 CBs to the MP-H4s or vice versa.

How are these different than the DG Pros? I have the DG Pros and really like them and curious if the AMTs are better in the lightweight category. Anyone tried both

They're different in the fact that AMT is lighter in the long irons and heavier in the short. DG Pro is the opposite, and I believe broken into flight categories if you will. Long irons have slightly different profile to launch higher, mid irons are about the same, and short irons are supposed to flight lower. AMT is a constant profile, with the weight of each shaft getting lighter as the irons get longer, and play just like standard DG.

I've hit both and prefer my DGTI AMT over the DGPRO. If you like standard dynamic golf you'll be very comfortable in the AMT. I really can't "feel" a difference between AMT vs DG but my ball flight in the long irons is better.

Also I don't know that they're a light weight shaft as the wedge shaft is 130g, but worth a try.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How is everyone liking these shafts? I'm really interested in the X-100 AMT's or the DG Pro X-100's. I haven't hit either though but I love the idea of the extra help in long irons each of these sets produces while keeping the heavier weight in the scoring irons/wedges. I'm currently gaming KBS Tour C-Tapers 130X but the long irons are a bit too heavy at the end of the day. These irons would be going in my Vapor Pro Combos.

How is everyone liking these shafts? I'm really interested in the X-100 AMT's or the DG Pro X-100's. I haven't hit either though but I love the idea of the extra help in long irons each of these sets produces while keeping the heavier weight in the scoring irons/wedges. I'm currently gaming KBS Tour C-Tapers 130X but the long irons are a bit too heavy at the end of the day. These irons would be going in my Vapor Pro Combos.

I'm going to be doing a comparison with a 4 iron, x100 vs amt x100 in the next few weeks and will report back what I find. Also hoping for a little more launch in long irons

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

• 2 weeks later...

Need some info/advice on this. I currently play S300's in my 712 AP2s. I'm getting new irons and used the Mizuno shaft optimizer to see what it would recommend. I was slotted into the PX 6.0, 6.0 LZ or AMT x100. My 6i ss is around 87mph. I hit the X100 a few times and it felt fine but it's hard to tell since it was only the 7i shaft and they vary by each club. I'm thinking about getting the S300 AMT's and hard stepping them so that they play closer to a S400. Does that make sense? The other option is to soft step the x100 which I believe would make it pretty equal to the PX 6.0. FWIW I believe I'm a pretty low launch player (13.5* for a 6i).

I'm going to be doing a comparison with a 4 iron, x100 vs amt x100 in the next few weeks and will report back what I find. Also hoping for a little more launch in long irons

Thought I'd follow up on this. Did you note any major differences? I feel like I'm between the S300 AMT and X100 AMT...but if the AMT X100s are a bit softer feeling than the regular X100 then it might work.

Thought I'd follow up on this. Did you note any major differences? I feel like I'm between the S300 AMT and X100 AMT...but if the AMT X100s are a bit softer feeling than the regular X100 then it might work.

They definitely feel softer than normal X100 like a 1/3-1/2 flex IMO. I played softstepped X100's forever and now have a set of AMT X100's softstepped. I really regret not just putting them straight in but can live with them.

Taylormade Qi10 9* Mitsubishi ZF 60TX

Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5 Mitsubishi ZF 70TX

Taylormade Qi10 5 wood 18* Project X HZRDUS Black 80 6.5
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Taylormade MG4 50.09 SB, 56.14 HB, 60.09 SBC DG S400 Black Onyx
Taylormade Spider Tour Z 
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

They definitely feel softer than normal X100 like a 1/3-1/2 flex IMO. I played softstepped X100's forever and now have a set of AMT X100's softstepped. I really regret not just putting them straight in but can live with them.

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering X100 AMT soft stepped once. Hopefully it will be good for me since I'm probably closer to an S400 in regular DG's.

C-Taper 130X is a serious beast of a shaft. Stiffer than X100. If you like the performance of C-Taper but not the weight, I'm not sure X100 or AM X100's are the answer. Both X100 versions will spin more than C-Taper. You might try Project X 6.5 (only 5-gram weight difference, but spin will be more on par with C-Taper).

• 1 month later...

Have S400 TI's in my current irons. Getting a new set soon, and am very curious about the AMT's.

Unfortunately, TaylorMade isn't offering the AMT Tour Issues as part of their custom shop, so if I do go with them, it'll be the regular S300 AMT's. I've been reading around and the general conscientious is that a mid-handicapper like myself wouldn't be able to tell the difference between regular DG and DG TI's, yeah? If that's the case, I might give these AMT's a shot. I like the idea of the longer irons being a little lighter and easier to launch.

I just shafted up some Mint condition J15MB's with AMT S300's curing now.....need to get bent flat & I will report my findings.

Right now I game DGPro S300's in J15DPF's

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Have S400 TI's in my current irons. Getting a new set soon, and am very curious about the AMT's.

Unfortunately, TaylorMade isn't offering the AMT Tour Issues as part of their custom shop, so if I do go with them, it'll be the regular S300 AMT's. I've been reading around and the general conscientious is that a mid-handicapper like myself wouldn't be able to tell the difference between regular DG and DG TI's, yeah? If that's the case, I might give these AMT's a shot. I like the idea of the longer irons being a little lighter and easier to launch.

No one seemed to answer your question. The problem is that your current S400's play stiffer and are heavier than the AMT S300's. Do you play the 400's because of the weight or the flex? Maybe order the S300 AMT at no upcharge and see if they work for you. If they do not, then have the AMT S400's installed aftermarket. It will cost you a bit more, but if TM doesn't offer them, you have limited options.

On another note, I am really shocked they do no this offer them. Have you had your shop call them or are you just looking at the website? If your shop calls, the answer may please you.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

No one seemed to answer your question. The problem is that your current S400's play stiffer and are heavier than the AMT S300's. Do you play the 400's because of the weight or the flex? Maybe order the S300 AMT at no upcharge and see if they work for you. If they do not, then have the AMT S400's installed aftermarket. It will cost you a bit more, but if TM doesn't offer them, you have limited options.

On another note, I am really shocked they do no this offer them. Have you had your shop call them or are you just looking at the website? If your shop calls, the answer may please you.

Basically, I play them because they came installed on the set of irons I purchased off of eBay. Didn't think much of anything at the time. Just liked the irons (Tour Preferred MC's). Definitely noticed they were much heavier than my previous iron set, and it never bothered me at all.

I hit my 8-PW perfectly, 6 & 7 decent, and struggle with my 4 & 5 irons...which is why I was thinking the AMT's would be a good fit for me. Keep the longer irons a little lighter, and hopefully I'd be able to improve. I got fitted recently (don't like the suggestion I got), but on a trackman, my club head speed with my 6-iron & TI S400 shaft was 86.7mph. (My driver is around 97 or so). So the S400's might be a little too much of a shaft for me in the first place.

And I did some work for TaylorMade, and have a merchandise credit directly through a connection there. So unfortunately, I'm not ordering through a shop or anyone that would be able to get me the TI AMT's. I mean, I say "unfortunately" loosely, because I'm getting an entire bag for free. So I'll take whatever they offer really.

Anyone hit one in an Apex UT or UDI? I'm thinking of putting one in there.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Yes - really like it. If you are a DG player, it should work well. I have a 2-iron AMT Tour Issue X100 shaft in my 18* UDI and it works great. I believe the shaft weighs around 110g raw, good trajectory and the feel that I'm used to!

Yes - really like it. If you are a DG player, it should work well. I have a 2-iron AMT Tour Issue X100 shaft in my 18* UDI and it works great. I believe the shaft weighs around 110g raw, good trajectory and the feel that I'm used to!

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. I was going to softstep an X100 into a UDI 4 so it'll play closer to my irons but still weigh less. So, do you get a higher trajectory with the AMT or similar to regular DG?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)