Why I play with vintage clubs!

> @bigdane said:

> > @stevemcgee99 said:

> > Sometimes I hit a 6 iron from 30 yards off the green because I see that as the club that will get my ball closest to the hole, if not in it.

>

> I do the same - learned chipping from my first trainer, a Scot named Roy Hallam - and his ideas came from the windblown Scottish courses.

> And wasn't it Lee Trevino, who claimed: There are no style points in golf - only the result matters! ?

> That said, the majority of European courses are based on traditional English, Scottish and Irish ones - hard to reach the fairway, easy to get on the green, since the greens are not protected by bunkers "Fort Knox style".

>

I like the bump and run old school game myself. Back when I grew up in the Carolinas learning the game the style courses leaned to the bump and run style. My old man if he missed a green he would "bump and run" you to death with a 5 iron. Me mostly I adapted my own style and use a 8 iron. I honed my wedge skills on our old pitch and putt par 3 course. Also anytime I can get that putter in my hand around the green I will use it "Texas Wedge" style.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > > @stevemcgee99 said:

> > > Sometimes I hit a 6 iron from 30 yards off the green because I see that as the club that will get my ball closest to the hole, if not in it.

> >

> > I do the same - learned chipping from my first trainer, a Scot named Roy Hallam - and his ideas came from the windblown Scottish courses.

> > And wasn't it Lee Trevino, who claimed: There are no style points in golf - only the result matters! ?

> > That said, the majority of European courses are based on traditional English, Scottish and Irish ones - hard to reach the fairway, easy to get on the green, since the greens are not protected by bunkers "Fort Knox style".

> >

>

> I like the bump and run old school game myself. Back when I grew up in the Carolinas learning the game the style courses leaned to the bump and run style. My old man if he missed a green he would "bump and run" you to death with a 5 iron. Me mostly I adapted my own style and use a 8 iron. I honed my wedge skills on our old pitch and putt par 3 course. Also anytime I can get that putter in my hand around the green I will use it "Texas Wedge" style.

Many years ago, that I saw the mention of "Texas Wedge" - I use it myself (with some moderation) and it only goes to prove that there are no style points in golf :)

I do, however like the old style golf, where technical skill conquers those 300-350 yard drives that drop from the sky and lie like a dead rat at the impact poing - that's not driving - that's in my opinion hammering both the poor driver and the poor ball. I am NOT jealous, I've had my time of single handicap play, and now being one of "the old geezers" I just enjoy playing the classic golf game, that I love!

• Like 1

> @oldschoolrocker said:

> Because in the wind I’d at least like the option of hitting a 1, or 2 iron off the tee.

When I started playing at the tender age of 14, I could not hit a wood successfully, if my life depended on it. The old pro at our club (a Scot, of course) taught me to hit a 2-iron, and told me, that when I had learned to hit the 2-iron well, I should start hitting with a 1-iron - "after that, laddie, any wood is easy to hit, but stick with a brassie".

I learned the irons, and after that the woods, but I still keep a persimmon brassie in my bad instead of a 3-wood, and I just love swinging that old stick. I occasionally carry a 1-iron, but my 2-iron is always in my bag and I use it a lot, that darling butterknife! :|

• Like 3

> @oldschoolrocker said:

> Because in the wind I’d at least like the option of hitting a 1, or 2 iron off the tee.

Yep and us boys on the coast of SC certainly know about playing in the wind

> @bigdane said:

> > @oldschoolrocker said:

> > Because in the wind I’d at least like the option of hitting a 1, or 2 iron off the tee.

>

> When I started playing at the tender age of 14, I could not hit a wood successfully, if my life depended on it. The old pro at our club (a Scot, of course) taught me to hit a 2-iron, and told me, that when I had learned to hit the 2-iron well, I should start hitting with a 1-iron - "after that, laddie, any wood is easy to hit, but stick with a brassie".

> I learned the irons, and after that the woods, but I still keep a persimmon brassie in my bad instead of a 3-wood, and I just love swinging that old stick. I occasionally carry a 1-iron, but my 2-iron is always in my bag and I use it a lot, that darling butterknife! :|

You are correct on style points not counting. Stu golf in certain opinions can be ugly golf. The old timers call it "golfing your ball" may be ugly but gets the job done. Back in the day when I gambled and played comp the top end of my bag was an oddity. I carried a 4 wood and a 6 wood and a 1 iron. That old Northwestern 6 wood was around 24* and I could hit a variety of shots with it. Today after many years of research and tinkering I have a similar set up on the front line set. It is a old Adams 24* hybrid. Although my front line set now is sorta modern with 12 year old forged 1 piece CBs which are traditional lofts I carry the 3 iron with that set bent back to about 21*. But today the wind is expected to blow so I may slide one of my "Deuces" in. Most of my 2 irons are bent back to 18* or 19*. I do not hit them as far as I used to off the tee but I do hit a cut stinger about 210 or so. I do still have quite a few 1 irons that I can still hit.

What is funny since you have started posting here. You and I are about the same age half a world apart global wise but from what I see we both learned and play the game the same way and think the same

• Like 2

Only goes to prove that whatever you use to get the job done, it is up to you and your game!

I have played Hogans for most of my golfing "career", and I still do not understand the youngsters, athletic and strong, who claim that they cannot hit a 1- or 2-iron, but then again, I'm an old geezer, and old dogs, you know.

I've been to the US several times, mainly in connection with courses with the military, and I must admit my stays have been in "Johnny Reb Land". I even attempted to play Augusta once, a friend of mine's uncle was a member there, but unfortunately, when the day came, we learned upon arriving, that the course was closed, being prepared for the Masters. We were, however, invited to use the carts paths and they lent us a couple of carts - so I am one of the few, lucky Danes, who have stood on Hogan Bridge. A memory for life.

Maybe in the nearer future, you and I could meet and hit a few balls? My wife (I'll send her shopping) and I have plans going to the US next year - I think that could be very, very nice.

Golf is, and shall probably always be the most democratic sport there is (NOT politically, but playwise).

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > > @stevemcgee99 said:

> > > Sometimes I hit a 6 iron from 30 yards off the green because I see that as the club that will get my ball closest to the hole, if not in it.

> >

> > I do the same - learned chipping from my first trainer, a Scot named Roy Hallam - and his ideas came from the windblown Scottish courses.

> > And wasn't it Lee Trevino, who claimed: There are no style points in golf - only the result matters! ?

> > That said, the majority of European courses are based on traditional English, Scottish and Irish ones - hard to reach the fairway, easy to get on the green, since the greens are not protected by bunkers "Fort Knox style".

> >

>

> I like the bump and run old school game myself. Back when I grew up in the Carolinas learning the game the style courses leaned to the bump and run style. My old man if he missed a green he would "bump and run" you to death with a 5 iron. Me mostly I adapted my own style and use a 8 iron. I honed my wedge skills on our old pitch and putt par 3 course. Also anytime I can get that putter in my hand around the green I will use it "Texas Wedge" style.

Strange, isn't it? For many many years the Texas Wedge was looked down upon, but these days even the top pros use it. I use it, when I can, of course. :)

• Like 1

> @bigdane said:

> Only goes to prove that whatever you use to get the job done, it is up to you and your game!

> I have played Hogans for most of my golfing "career", and I still do not understand the youngsters, athletic and strong, who claim that they cannot hit a 1- or 2-iron, but then again, I'm an old geezer, and old dogs, you know.

> I've been to the US several times, mainly in connection with courses with the military, and I must admit my stays have been in "Johnny Reb Land". I even attempted to play Augusta once, a friend of mine's uncle was a member there, but unfortunately, when the day came, we learned upon arriving, that the course was closed, being prepared for the Masters. We were, however, invited to use the carts paths and they lent us a couple of carts - so I am one of the few, lucky Danes, who have stood on Hogan Bridge. A memory for life.

> Maybe in the nearer future, you and I could meet and hit a few balls? My wife (I'll send her shopping) and I have plans going to the US next year - I think that could be very, very nice.

> Golf is, and shall probably always be the most democratic sport there is (NOT politically, but playwise).

>

Well come on over I will be looking forward to it. If you have a problem bringing the clubs over no worries I do have some Hogan sets and quite a few Macgregor. Plenty of persimmons too

• Like 1

I hear you. Ive got 2 sets of clubs: a modern one and a vintage set. The vintage set has Wilson/Spalding persimmons and the irons are Spaldings with pyratone shafts. Honestly, I hit the Spaldings straigher and higher than I ever have any iron.

I do struggle with the woods but I think thats because Im never quite sure how high to tee the ball and when to put it in my stance. Ive tried playing it like a 3-wood and while I do hit it very straight, I dont hit the ball very high. I still get about 200 yards with the good drive but about half of that is roll, so if I have a forced carry, its a stressful situation. Having said that, I do enjoy playing the vintage clubs a lot more because when I hit a good shot, I know it instantly and I know that it was because I put a good swing on the ball, not because the club is forgiving and allowed me to get an OK result with a mediocre swing.

Id honestly seriously considering making the Spaldings my everyday gamers but theyre so old (1930s) that Im worried the shafts will break and I'll never be able to find a way to replace them. Maybe I just need to find a set of Wilson blades from the '70s or II could just put my Titleist DCI 981s in the bag. I mean, they are technically considered to be vintage nowdays.

• Like 1

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> I hear you. Ive got 2 sets of clubs: a modern one and a vintage set. The vintage set has Wilson/Spalding persimmons and the irons are Spaldings with pyratone shafts. Honestly, I hit the Spaldings straigher and higher than I ever have any iron.

> I do struggle with the woods but I think thats because Im never quite sure how high to tee the ball and when to put it in my stance. Ive tried playing it like a 3-wood and while I do hit it very straight, I dont hit the ball very high. I still get about 200 yards with the good drive but about half of that is roll, so if I have a forced carry, its a stressful situation. Having said that, I do enjoy playing the vintage clubs a lot more because when I hit a good shot, I know it instantly and I know that it was because I put a good swing on the ball, not because the club is forgiving and allowed me to get an OK result with a mediocre swing.

> Id honestly seriously considering making the Spaldings my everyday gamers but theyre so old (1930s) that Im worried the shafts will break and I'll never be able to find a way to replace them. Maybe I just need to find a set of Wilson blades from the '70s or II could just put my Titleist DCI 981s in the bag. I mean, they are technically considered to be vintage nowdays.

Yep those DCIs could qualify IMHO as vintage---- In some circles stuff 3 years old is considered "outdated and antique"

Somebody mentioned DCI ?? Had a rather nice dinner yesterday courtesy of wager with a guy that looked like robbed a tour van while I used "old school, nostalgic" ? gear as listed in signature with my 2-pw set of 962b irons.?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

> @Mitchell said:

> Somebody mentioned DCI ?? Had a rather nice dinner yesterday courtesy of wager with a guy that looked like robbed a tour van while I used "old school, nostalgic" ? gear as listed in signature with my 2-pw set of 962b irons.?

Don't ya love it??? Found another old school ratty bag yesterday at Good Will---- Older canvas and nylon Voit looks just like a Jones. Hey 5.99 with my veterans discount. The Aussie blades and the 57 Velocitized driver and 4 wood reside in it along with a 56* JP and Bullseye putter. If I am feeling real froggy the 57 Mac Diamondbacks may go in it. BTW took the Voit emblem off now it is a no name

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > I hear you. Ive got 2 sets of clubs: a modern one and a vintage set. The vintage set has Wilson/Spalding persimmons and the irons are Spaldings with pyratone shafts. Honestly, I hit the Spaldings straigher and higher than I ever have any iron.

> > I do struggle with the woods but I think thats because Im never quite sure how high to tee the ball and when to put it in my stance. Ive tried playing it like a 3-wood and while I do hit it very straight, I dont hit the ball very high. I still get about 200 yards with the good drive but about half of that is roll, so if I have a forced carry, its a stressful situation. Having said that, I do enjoy playing the vintage clubs a lot more because when I hit a good shot, I know it instantly and I know that it was because I put a good swing on the ball, not because the club is forgiving and allowed me to get an OK result with a mediocre swing.

> > Id honestly seriously considering making the Spaldings my everyday gamers but theyre so old (1930s) that Im worried the shafts will break and I'll never be able to find a way to replace them. Maybe I just need to find a set of Wilson blades from the '70s or II could just put my Titleist DCI 981s in the bag. I mean, they are technically considered to be vintage nowdays.

>

> Yep those DCIs could qualify IMHO as vintage---- In some circles stuff 3 years old is considered "outdated and antique"

Ive considering mixing my DCIs with my old persimmon woods but I feel like Im mixing eras. Persimmon woods from the '70s, DCIs from the early '00s and a Wilson 8802 from 2019 (although it certainly is a new retro club).

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > I hear you. Ive got 2 sets of clubs: a modern one and a vintage set. The vintage set has Wilson/Spalding persimmons and the irons are Spaldings with pyratone shafts. Honestly, I hit the Spaldings straigher and higher than I ever have any iron.

> > > I do struggle with the woods but I think thats because Im never quite sure how high to tee the ball and when to put it in my stance. Ive tried playing it like a 3-wood and while I do hit it very straight, I dont hit the ball very high. I still get about 200 yards with the good drive but about half of that is roll, so if I have a forced carry, its a stressful situation. Having said that, I do enjoy playing the vintage clubs a lot more because when I hit a good shot, I know it instantly and I know that it was because I put a good swing on the ball, not because the club is forgiving and allowed me to get an OK result with a mediocre swing.

> > > Id honestly seriously considering making the Spaldings my everyday gamers but theyre so old (1930s) that Im worried the shafts will break and I'll never be able to find a way to replace them. Maybe I just need to find a set of Wilson blades from the '70s or II could just put my Titleist DCI 981s in the bag. I mean, they are technically considered to be vintage nowdays.

> >

> > Yep those DCIs could qualify IMHO as vintage---- In some circles stuff 3 years old is considered "outdated and antique"

>

> Ive considering mixing my DCIs with my old persimmon woods but I feel like Im mixing eras. Persimmon woods from the '70s, DCIs from the early '00s and a Wilson 8802 from 2019 (although it certainly is a new retro club).

Ain't nothing wrong at all with that------ I have mixed clubs from all types of eras---- Know one fellow from down around Charleston SC way he plays a mix of hickory clubs , classic clubs and modern woods all in one bag----- IMHO vintage golf is playing what you want to play no matter the era. And LOL I will bet good money most folks today would not know your 8802 is a reproduction. They do not know anything about an original 8802 much less a repro. You know the ones I am talking about on the Putter forums that call an Anser style a "blade putter". I played my 80 Macs for years with modern metal woods.

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > > I hear you. Ive got 2 sets of clubs: a modern one and a vintage set. The vintage set has Wilson/Spalding persimmons and the irons are Spaldings with pyratone shafts. Honestly, I hit the Spaldings straigher and higher than I ever have any iron.

> > > > I do struggle with the woods but I think thats because Im never quite sure how high to tee the ball and when to put it in my stance. Ive tried playing it like a 3-wood and while I do hit it very straight, I dont hit the ball very high. I still get about 200 yards with the good drive but about half of that is roll, so if I have a forced carry, its a stressful situation. Having said that, I do enjoy playing the vintage clubs a lot more because when I hit a good shot, I know it instantly and I know that it was because I put a good swing on the ball, not because the club is forgiving and allowed me to get an OK result with a mediocre swing.

> > > > Id honestly seriously considering making the Spaldings my everyday gamers but theyre so old (1930s) that Im worried the shafts will break and I'll never be able to find a way to replace them. Maybe I just need to find a set of Wilson blades from the '70s or II could just put my Titleist DCI 981s in the bag. I mean, they are technically considered to be vintage nowdays.

> > >

> > > Yep those DCIs could qualify IMHO as vintage---- In some circles stuff 3 years old is considered "outdated and antique"

> >

> > Ive considering mixing my DCIs with my old persimmon woods but I feel like Im mixing eras. Persimmon woods from the '70s, DCIs from the early '00s and a Wilson 8802 from 2019 (although it certainly is a new retro club).

>

> Ain't nothing wrong at all with that------ I have mixed clubs from all types of eras---- Know one fellow from down around Charleston SC way he plays a mix of hickory clubs , classic clubs and modern woods all in one bag----- IMHO vintage golf is playing what you want to play no matter the era. And LOL I will bet good money most folks today would not know your 8802 is a reproduction. They do not know anything about an original 8802 much less a repro. You know the ones I am talking about on the Putter forums that call an Anser style a "blade putter". I played my 80 Macs for years with modern metal woods.

Thanks. Right now Im playing the DCI 981s with a Tour Edge Bazooka driver and Tommy Armour Atomic 5-wood, along with a Tommy Armour VCG wedge. Im debating replacing the driver with a Titleist TS1 driver this winter though. My current driver is on its 4th season and is getting a little beat up.

You are right about the 8802 though. Most people look at it like I found it at a yard sale and look at me like Im either crazy or some kind of great putter to use something like that. Fact it, I just love the feel, performance and oldschool swagger of the thing.

"Old School Swagger" love it Zen man. Yeah most folks do not know what to think around here when I show up with one of my classic putters whether it be an Ironmaster or a Bullseye since most of them game those mallet heads as big as one of my persimmon drivers. Another putter I game most of the time gets horrid looks. It is a 1997 vintage Scotty Santa Fe. I found it on the scrap pile at work and it is rusty and lead taped all to heck. I did clean it up some and paint fill the Scotty Cameron on the face. Today I worked on another set some. Our gracious fellow classic nut Stickfish sent me a full set of 1962 FC 4000s about a year ago. They were pristine and had the 2 iron and the 11 iron which the latter is hard to find. I had done a couple of range sessions and played 36 holes with the irons. the woods were in good shape except the driver which had some gouge marks on the toe and heel. I decided WTH play the woods anyhow. They did have the original grips but they had started letting loose and twisting on the shafts. So I regripped the irons with some Crosslines I had laying around. I ended up rewhipping the 4 wood and putting a GP Tour Wrap on it and the driver. Ended up putting the whole shebang in a Voit old school canvas bag I got last week. Also put a CF Penna Sand wedge in there along with a 57 ironmaster putter. Looks bad a$$ like a college player from the 60s. Was going to walk 9 this afternoon but that hurricane has our weather all messed up and it got hot and humid as hades. Gotta get my friend to help me post pics with this new computer

• Like 1

Looking for salvation with my fairway metals (Tour Edge Exotics) I realized that it was time to step back. Put a Mac MT 5 wood in my bag yesterday. Two best shots all day were Mac 5 woods that flew straight and 190 yds. down range. Mac MT 3 wood went in the bag tonight and the metals went in storage.

Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

Well I did a big range session with the FCs yesterday. Was hitting them pure and got excited hit 2 buckets. Man I am paying for it now up in my big massage chair with vibrate and heat on. The woods hit real good too even the somewhat damaged driver. Was hitting a pretty high draw with it and it had a nice sound.

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @bigdane said:

> > Only goes to prove that whatever you use to get the job done, it is up to you and your game!

> > I have played Hogans for most of my golfing "career", and I still do not understand the youngsters, athletic and strong, who claim that they cannot hit a 1- or 2-iron, but then again, I'm an old geezer, and old dogs, you know.

> > I've been to the US several times, mainly in connection with courses with the military, and I must admit my stays have been in "Johnny Reb Land". I even attempted to play Augusta once, a friend of mine's uncle was a member there, but unfortunately, when the day came, we learned upon arriving, that the course was closed, being prepared for the Masters. We were, however, invited to use the carts paths and they lent us a couple of carts - so I am one of the few, lucky Danes, who have stood on Hogan Bridge. A memory for life.

> > Maybe in the nearer future, you and I could meet and hit a few balls? My wife (I'll send her shopping) and I have plans going to the US next year - I think that could be very, very nice.

> > Golf is, and shall probably always be the most democratic sport there is (NOT politically, but playwise).

> >

>

> Well come on over I will be looking forward to it. If you have a problem bringing the clubs over no worries I do have some Hogan sets and quite a few Macgregor. Plenty of persimmons too

I'll take you on on that one - maybe I'll get my secretary of finance (the wife) to understand that travel with clubs is far too expensive - better put the dough on a new set of Ft Worth irons (oh - if only they still had 1- 2-, and 3-irons in their assortment - but the Hogan people might get around to some of them, some day soon?).

> @bigdane said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @bigdane said:

> > > Only goes to prove that whatever you use to get the job done, it is up to you and your game!

> > > I have played Hogans for most of my golfing "career", and I still do not understand the youngsters, athletic and strong, who claim that they cannot hit a 1- or 2-iron, but then again, I'm an old geezer, and old dogs, you know.

> > > I've been to the US several times, mainly in connection with courses with the military, and I must admit my stays have been in "Johnny Reb Land". I even attempted to play Augusta once, a friend of mine's uncle was a member there, but unfortunately, when the day came, we learned upon arriving, that the course was closed, being prepared for the Masters. We were, however, invited to use the carts paths and they lent us a couple of carts - so I am one of the few, lucky Danes, who have stood on Hogan Bridge. A memory for life.

> > > Maybe in the nearer future, you and I could meet and hit a few balls? My wife (I'll send her shopping) and I have plans going to the US next year - I think that could be very, very nice.

> > > Golf is, and shall probably always be the most democratic sport there is (NOT politically, but playwise).

> > >

> >

> > Well come on over I will be looking forward to it. If you have a problem bringing the clubs over no worries I do have some Hogan sets and quite a few Macgregor. Plenty of persimmons too

>

> I'll take you on on that one - maybe I'll get my secretary of finance (the wife) to understand that travel with clubs is far too expensive - better put the dough on a new set of Ft Worth irons (oh - if only they still had 1- 2-, and 3-irons in their assortment - but the Hogan people might get around to some of them, some day soon?).

Well come on over!!! As far as the "modern" Hogan people wishful thinking but I doubt it. People today do not know how or have the skill level to hit real "butter knife" long irons. They have those utility driving iron things which IMHO ain't anything but a glorified hybrid.

• 1 month later...

> @ThomasJ2352 said:

> Was wondering if anyone wears plus 4's...or is that taking the vintage/classic approach too far?

Personally I don't but down here some folks do but what is funny is the fact they are playing modern sticks----- You will see quite a bit of it in some of the scrambles here especially the one the big Catholic church puts on every year. There is even a store in Myrtle Beach called Golf Knickers that sells that attire. I know for a fact I can not pull off the look so I ain't trying. The late Payne Stewart could pull it off though

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @ThomasJ2352 said:

> > Was wondering if anyone wears plus 4's...or is that taking the vintage/classic approach too far?

>

> Personally I don't but down here some folks do but what is funny is the fact they are playing modern sticks----- You will see quite a bit of it in some of the scrambles here especially the one the big Catholic church puts on every year. There is even a store in Myrtle Beach called Golf Knickers that sells that attire. I know for a fact I can not pull off the look so I ain't trying. The late Payne Stewart could pull it off though

I've never seen anyone up here try other than at the Canadian Hickory Golf Society competitions. I've always thought that I'd like to give it a go, but as STU says, wouldn't want to try it playing modern sticks in normal league play. Seems a bit much to do somehting like that for Hallowe'en, but it was vaguely suggested to me yesterday as the clubhouse manager is planning on dressing up for the occasion.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> I did it once to win a costume contest. I don't think I'd ever do it again. I'll find the pic for your all's enjoyment...

>

> 2879ekr6e99l.jpg

>

> (disclaimer: not my dog)

>

I would have put "disclaimer: not my clothes"!

Actually, that sweater is rather nice. It's not a Pringle sweater, is it?

IMHO you pulled off the look well---- And even though that ain't your dog I like it---- Of course I am biased because I like all dogs no matter the size or breed

• Like 1

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> > I did it once to win a costume contest. I don't think I'd ever do it again. I'll find the pic for your all's enjoyment...

> >

> > 2879ekr6e99l.jpg

> >

> > (disclaimer: not my dog)

> >

>

> I would have put "disclaimer: not my clothes"!

>

> Actually, that sweater is rather nice. It's not a Pringle sweater, is it?

It's two sweaters, the bottom white is an old navy (with its own argyle that is covered by the vest) The vest is from a shop I walked past on a family trip in Leuven, Belgium years ago. The brand, if I recall, is 'We' a dutch fashion brand. The orange pants were _not_ mine at the time, no. I borrowed them for the absurdity. It reminds me I need to reshaft that putter.

The vintage clubs I play a few times a year are combo of my Dad’s MacGregor MT Tourney woods from the late 60’s and my MT Tourney irons from the early 70’s. Takes me back to when I was getting hooked on this game with high quality gear and a simpler time of life.

Also makes me appreciate today’s equipment and how much easier it is to play.

zsxi95opf1tv.jpeg

• Like 1

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

^^^^ Love it there horn man!!! We have discussed those clubs along with your putters on another thread. Those old Burton and Miller bags are tough and made well heavy as heck. Bet you got some WTF ? looks at the course. Even though some sort of Mac blade is SOP for me I do play my old man's FCs a couple of times a year

This past Fathers Day when I played this set, a guy that works in our Pro Shop told me he bet I couldn’t break 90 with those sticks. Shot 78 from White Tees (6000 yards)

• Like 1

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1