2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Cota0429 WITB

I swear I am done after this!

If it didn't have the "23" on the back, I would own a pair..

Haha! Because it has "23" on the back, I own a pair :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

https://imgur.com/gMhhEGh

Just as an example, I'd say M1 with weight forward spins about the same as the F6+ in position 2-3. So you can see has an MOI advantage of about 400-500 right there. Which is about the same MOI difference as M1 to M2, difference being M2 would spin much higher

Sorry to get so technical lol

Don't mind it at all!

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

The HZRDUS is in the Flex now. Messed around on my launch monitor and was seeing a few mph more ball speed vs the cobra. Slightly lower spin. I have good results in 10.5 R settings. The Cobra is set at 9* but sets up draw biased and I seem to be turning it over a bit much. I also tried the Flex in 10.5 N and it the flight I was getting was a 10 yard draw. Going to try and schedule a trackman head to head vs the Cobra next week if possible. I have a 3 day tournament in Palm Springs coming up and it's 36 holes a day. At this moment the Flex is coming with but that could just be out of boredom with the Coba. :)

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

The HZRDUS is in the Flex now. Messed around on my launch monitor and was seeing a few mph more ball speed vs the cobra. Slightly lower spin. I have good results in 10.5 R settings. The Cobra is set at 9* but sets up draw biased and I seem to be turning it over a bit much. I also tried the Flex in 10.5 N and it the flight I was getting was a 10 yard draw. Going to try and schedule a trackman head to head vs the Cobra next week if possible. I have a 3 day tournament in Palm Springs coming up and it's 36 holes a day. At this moment the Flex is coming with but that could just be out of boredom with the Coba. :)

What is the dispersion like with the Flex? I saw one in person for the first time the other day and boy does it look good at address...

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

What is the dispersion like with the Flex? I saw one in person for the first time the other day and boy does it look good at address...

Compared to last years it's an improvement. Miss hits are a little more punishing than the Cobra but I think I just need to get in a groove with the Flex. I have a busy workweek but will be playing a ton of golf soon and will have a better idea. So far so good but dispersion is a little better on the Cobra. But not enough difference if I can gain a few more yards with the Flex.

001 TW Proto

Compared to last years it's an improvement. Miss hits are a little more punishing than the Cobra but I think I just need to get in a groove with the Flex. I have a busy workweek but will be playing a ton of golf soon and will have a better idea. So far so good but dispersion is a little better on the Cobra. But not enough difference if I can gain a few more yards with the Flex.

I feel like there are so many great options out there right now and that itd be hard to go wrong with any of these drivers.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

I feel like there are so many great options out there right now and that itd be hard to go wrong with any of these drivers.

Seriously! It's really splitting hairs. The driver that beats one today loses to it the next day.

001 TW Proto

what tipping have you done to the Hzrdus???

I haven't tipped it at all in either. Just straight in. I am moving it around 110-113 right now. I don't feel it needs to be tipped. If anything maybe .5 inches. I can feel the shaft kick when I release it both shafts are playing 6.5. 60 gram in the Cobra and 70 gram version in the Flex

001 TW Proto

I haven't tipped it at all in either. Just straight in. I am moving it around 110-113 right now. I don't feel it needs to be tipped. If anything maybe .5 inches. I can feel the shaft kick when I release it both shafts are playing 6.5. 60 gram in the Cobra and 70 gram version in the Flex

i am thinking of getting one for my Vapor Pro so thinking 0.5 inches but i am moving the club slightly faster than you... you and pure seem to have the same ideas for shafts as i do...

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

i am thinking of getting one for my Vapor Pro so thinking 0.5 inches but i am moving the club slightly faster than you... you and pure seem to have the same ideas for shafts as i do...

Pure745 maybe you can chime in, but from what I know he isn't a fan of the HZRDUS. If you are moving it in his range might want to maybe take a look at the 7.0 or even a different shaft.

001 TW Proto

Pure745 maybe you can chime in, but from what I know he isn't a fan of the HZRDUS. If you are moving it in his range might want to maybe take a look at the 7.0 or even a different shaft.

interesting... i do remember he didnt tip his... my current shaft is an ADDI tipped 1.5 inches but i am getting zero run which is annoying to say the least when my dad was getting 10/15 yards...

getting some opinions in the Hzrdus thread...

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

I think it has a pretty stiff tip section so it shouldn't need a ton of tipping for most. It seems people either love this shaft or hate it. Personally this is one shaft I haven't tried so I can't comment but if it gives you good numbers then have at it!

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Bye bye Cobra :)

001 TW Proto

Guessing the HZRDUS and Flex was the right combo?

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

I have only had one on course sessions with it and it had a Whiteboard in it. My results on the range have been better with the HZRDUS. I am playing 36 holes a day next weekend for 3 days straight. Bringing the Flex with me so I will know for sure by then.

I decided to let the Cobra go and I am going to try and move to the Pro model so I can open the face up and keep the loft down. I have two drivers on my list. M1 and the Cobra LTD both with HZRDUS. I also picked up a TW Vapor with a black tie just for fun. Going to bring that with me too.

001 TW Proto

Enjoy the chase! All this talk about the HZRDUS has me wondering a lot...and 36 holes a day for 3 days?!? I am seriously jealous!

I have only had one on course sessions with it and it had a Whiteboard in it. My results on the range have been better with the HZRDUS. I am playing 36 holes a day next weekend for 3 days straight. Bringing the Flex with me so I will know for sure by then.

I decided to let the Cobra go and I am going to try and move to the Pro model so I can open the face up and keep the loft down. I have two drivers on my list. M1 and the Cobra LTD both with HZRDUS. I also picked up a TW Vapor with a black tie just for fun. Going to bring that with me too.

Cough Cough Cough :D

sub_zero_by_atomhawk-d3eflrx.jpg

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

Nice. We just sold our one (and only) Sub Zero and the customer said its a beast. Only driver so far that has beat his SLDR 430 in distance.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I could be completely wrong here BUT..... is the only diff in the Pro and Regular the tip is adjustable to 7.5?

aren't the heads the exact same? maybe not .....

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Enjoy the chase! All this talk about the HZRDUS has me wondering a lot...and 36 holes a day for 3 days?!? I am seriously jealous!

If my body can handle it lol

Nice. We just sold our one (and only) Sub Zero and the customer said its a beast. Only driver so far that has beat his SLDR 430 in distance.

I have NEVER liked any Callaway drivers...ever. But don't tempt me :)

001 TW Proto

I could be completely wrong here BUT..... is the only diff in the Pro and Regular the tip is adjustable to 7.5?

Unfortunately you can't interchange the shafts with Pro vs Non. The loft is built into the head. This is where Nike is so easy to work with. Wish I could just open the face just a bit, rather than get a whole new driver

001 TW Proto

The tips are exactly the same, just marked with different numbers. Heads are the same size and shape, but loft, lie, and fade bias is built into the head, not the tip. 2 degrees less loft in head and I think 2 degrees flatter lie angle. May also be weighted differently. I play my driver short, which makes it flatter, and could not turn it over on 8.5.

The tips are exactly the same, just marked with different numbers. Heads are the same size and shape, but loft, lie, and fade bias is built into the head, not the tip. 2 degrees less loft in head and I think 2 degrees flatter lie angle. May also be weighted differently. I play my driver short, which makes it flatter, and could not turn it over on 8.5.

which is exactly what I am looking for. I have a lot of movement in this club right now from right to left (made some takeaway adjustments...My clubface was starting to be open too much and too fast) I HATE seeing the ball go left that hard.

001 TW Proto

Well I got on the course today. Had 4 birdies on the front and was pretty happy with my game. I have been toying with going left hand low and had great results with it today. I think I will keep running with it. Long story short the Flex is a beast when you hit it dead in the middle. But that's also its downfall. Miss hits are very punishing, seems more punishing than last years version. The head shape is the best looking head Nike has produced IMO but it lacks the forgiveness of some of the other heads out there. So I am back to the Cobra for my 3 day tournament. Might give the Flex one more try. But good for good the Cobra is almost as long and more forgiving. It was very windy today, 20 mph winds. Just seemed like anything slightly off was a little too punishing for my liking.

001 TW Proto

Tiger Jam 2016

001 TW Proto

And in other news. I'm headed back to the Oven next month. Oh yeah :)

001 TW Proto

I hope you get a really terrible rental car that smells like there is a full baby diaper that has been hidden in there for months, and the windows don't roll down!

JK, I can't wait to hear about what goes down on that trip!

You still playing the HZRDUS Black in the Cobra? I just installed the Red in my 3w and it is good. Launches higher, but still tight dispersion.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I hope you get a really terrible rental car that smells like there is a full baby diaper that has been hidden in there for months, and the windows don't roll down!

JK, I can't wait to hear about what goes down on that trip!

You still playing the HZRDUS Black in the Cobra? I just installed the Red in my 3w and it is good. Launches higher, but still tight dispersion.

Lol! Thanks. Yeah still for now. Going to maybe tinker with a Pro just to open the face. Or I might just be aware of the position at address. Just so damn forgiving it's hard to beat right now. Never tried the fairways. Sounds like a winner.

001 TW Proto

Tiger Jam 2016

Are you there now too?!?! How do the new TW shoes look?

Congrats on going to the Oven again too!