2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

Finally got to hit my set up of the VFP. All I can say is WOW! The look and feel is amazing. I put Dynamic Gold S300 shafts as I like a lower ball flight. I'd say I gained 6 to 8 yards per club

What shaft/irons did you play last year?

VPC with same shafts. The VFP are a tad larger and more forgiving. I really didn't need new irons but the black/blue combo really stood out to me

Turf interaction the same as VPC with VFP? Any consideration to comboing the vfp long irons and vpc mid/short irons? Ton more forgiveness in vfp long irons over vpc?

NEVERMIND.....seems as though the VFP isn't offered in left hand. .....go figure

Hearing you about the no LH option. Kind of glad in a way though might save me some $$. Happy with my VPC until thew new players come out

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the most recent talk has been about putters, but I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed Nike will not replace the Vapor Pro Irons with a new model this year.

I'm sure it saves them a huge chunk of money and may create a huge anticipation for the future, but disappointing nonetheless. I for one DID NOT like the vapor pros much at all. The overall look is probably the only thing I liked about them actually! Just prior to their release I was all but sure I'd have a set in my bag along with all other Nike Clubs once they came out. However, the first time I hit them I was very disappointed. I continued to demo them and even get custom fitted until I finally gave up. I wanted them to work so badly, but they were consistently being outperformed by virtually every other muscleback I tried. After hitting the new 716 MB and MP-5 Irons, I feel EVEN WORSE about the vapor pros! Everyone knows that Titleist and Mizuno make great blades, but even the offerings from Bridgestone felt MUCH better than these Nikes.

I am very sad about this whole ordeal as I am a huge Nike supporter in that I have always loved their products. Now that I'm still looking to go al one company in the bag, looks like I'll be choosing between Callaway and Bridgestone. Ping would be the leader in the clubhouse, but I just do not like their offering for a player's iron (that could change if they release a new one this year). I'm going to wait until June to buy new clubs so we'll see if some miracle happens by then... but I doubt it

I know the most recent talk has been about putters, but I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed Nike will not replace the Vapor Pro Irons with a new model this year.

I'm sure it saves them a huge chunk of money and may create a huge anticipation for the future, but disappointing nonetheless. I for one DID NOT like the vapor pros much at all. The overall look is probably the only thing I liked about them actually! Just prior to their release I was all but sure I'd have a set in my bag along with all other Nike Clubs once they came out. However, the first time I hit them I was very disappointed. I continued to demo them and even get custom fitted until I finally gave up. I wanted them to work so badly, but they were consistently being outperformed by virtually every other muscleback I tried. After hitting the new 716 MB and MP-5 Irons, I feel EVEN WORSE about the vapor pros! Everyone knows that Titleist and Mizuno make great blades, but even the offerings from Bridgestone felt MUCH better than these Nikes.

I am very sad about this whole ordeal as I am a huge Nike supporter in that I have always loved their products. Now that I'm still looking to go al one company in the bag, looks like I'll be choosing between Callaway and Bridgestone. Ping would be the leader in the clubhouse, but I just do not like their offering for a player's iron (that could change if they release a new one this year). I'm going to wait until June to buy new clubs so we'll see if some miracle happens by then... but I doubit

That sucks that you didn't get along with the VPs. However, the offset release for GI's and Players irons is a pretty good idea. It keeps something on the market fresh every year, yet doesn't flood stores with the next big thing before the initial stock is gone.

Hold on and see what comes from Nike. If you don't like what comes out for players clubs, the 716s and MP5s will still be around.

This coming from someone who was in a similar situation a few years ago. I wanted to play I-25s, but they do not work for me, I regret not waiting the 6 months and saving myself several hundred dollars on only replacing irons once.

I am very sad about this whole ordeal as I am a huge Nike supporter in that I have always loved their products. Now that I'm still looking to go al one company in the bag, looks like I'll be choosing between Callaway and Bridgestone. Ping would be the leader in the clubhouse, but I just do not like their offering for a player's iron (that could change if they release a new one this year). I'm going to wait until June to buy new clubs so we'll see if some miracle happens by then... but I doubt it

Blades and PC's are on a 2 year cycle. So next year.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

So as a full-time Nike supporter with a middling income I have just been able to drool over the 188 pages of new equipment. However, I did get notice today my company is giving me a $1000 bonus and after a short talk with my wife, that money can be used on anything I want. I like my current set up (in the sig) though I have issues hitting long irons consistently and filling the distance gaps between 175 (4 Iron) -210 (5 Wood) yards. Though I would like a new Nike release for a change and be part of a the cool kids club $1000 usually doesn't go a long way. Any suggestions?

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

So as a full-time Nike supporter with a middling income I have just been able to drool over the 188 pages of new equipment. However, I did get notice today my company is giving me a $1000 bonus and after a short talk with my wife, that money can be used on anything I want. I like my current set up (in the sig) though I have issues hitting long irons consistently and filling the distance gaps between 175 (4 Iron) -210 (5 Wood) yards. Though I would like a new Nike release for a change and be part of a the cool kids club $1000 usually doesn't go a long way. Any suggestions?

Depending on your iron type you could go in many different directions. If you play blades, then the vr blades that Rory plays are fantastic and can be had for a song. Long iron wise get either hybrids or the new vapor flys or even last years speed irons. I now a lot of people didn't like the long irons of the PCs from 2012 I believe due to hollow feel and sound.

Driver wise I would go with either this years or last years

Putter: can't go wrong with original method line and you can find them for cheap. Also the method mod line is pretty cheap also and I loved the mod 90.

Wedges: any model you want haha. I thought all the lines in the past 3 years have been phenomenal.

Search around eBay, discount dans and other places and I bet you could build an entire set of Nike clubs no older than 3 years for $1000.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Holy cow. Haha sorry. I was looking at it through my phone and couldn't see your sig until I just hit full view.

Your bag is pretty sound. If anything I would update the woods and wedges. If you need help with long irons try out the hybrids.

Easily able to to those areas with 1k

Forever Changing at this point.......

Finally got to hit my set up of the VFP. All I can say is WOW! The look and feel is amazing. I put Dynamic Gold S300 shafts as I like a lower ball flight. I'd say I gained 6 to 8 yards per club

VPC with same shafts. The VFP are a tad larger and more forgiving. I really didn't need new irons but the black/blue combo really stood out to me

Turf interaction the same as VPC with VFP? Any consideration to comboing the vfp long irons and vpc mid/short irons? Ton more forgiveness in vfp long irons over vpc?

NEVERMIND.....seems as though the VFP isn't offered in left hand. .....go figure

Hearing you about the no LH option. Kind of glad in a way though might save me some $$. Happy with my VPC until thew new players come out

Are you using 3-Gw? That's what I'm looking at now....

Got to the full Nike experience today at the Waste Management Open and it was simply amazing. Words cannot describe how awesome this company is and the lengths they go to for events like this. I'll let the pictures do the talking and answer any questions you guys have. Got to hit everything except for the Origin line (unfortunately).

DRIVER: Titleist TSi3 9° • Tensei AV RAW White
3 WOOD: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 15° • Aldila Rogue White
5 WOOD: Callaway Epic Speed 18° • HZRDUS Smoke Green
UTILITY: Srixon ZX 23° 4 iron • Recoil 95 F4
IRONS: Srixon ZX7 5-PW • Nippon Modus 120
WEDGES: Titleist SM8 50°F / 54°S / 58°M
PUTTER: Odyssey OG Bird 7 OR Scotty Special Select Newport 2 OR Nike Method 001

That's awesome. What putter did you end up with?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Went through a tour fitting with a SAM lab and they're sending me a complimentary CounterFlex B2-01. Not sure if it will kick the Method 001 out of the bag, but it has an awesome feel to it. The CounterFlex is no joke!

*Also, the Vapor Flex is sneaky forgiving compared to what I expected. Feels awesome. Still going to end up with the Vapor Fly Pro in the bag, but it's a great club.

Extremely cool. Platinums too?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Yeah, they were handing out sleeves of balls like they were going out of style. Scored a dozen platinums and I think my brother got 6-9 blacks

Thanks for posting DevilGolfer54! That had to be an awesome experience. Did you pick anything else up other than the driver, putter, and Platinums?

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

Just the 3-pw mate with the engage's. Really happy with them

Thanks for posting DevilGolfer54! That had to be an awesome experience. Did you pick anything else up other than the driver, putter, and Platinums?

Yeah man, safe to say it was one of the best experiences I've had in golf. Only got the putter (which is being shipped to my house) and the balls today. All were on Nike. Looks like I'm going to have to pay for everything else!

I have 5-PW, I have a 4H. I'm still figuring out what I want to use for my 14th club, but I don't have any gaps in my set up

Got to the full Nike experience today at the Waste Management Open and it was simply amazing. Words cannot describe how awesome this company is and the lengths they go to for events like this. I'll let the pictures do the talking and answer any questions you guys have. Got to hit everything except for the Origin line (unfortunately).

What an awesome experience. Wish they would have done something like this last year when I went. Dang a free putter and balls with some other goodies. I might have to book a flight

So jealous of you DevilGolfer54. That looks like it was a blast!

TM M1 10.5* w/ Graphite Designs Tour ADBB6s
TM M2 15* w/ HZRDUS black
Nike VR Pro Combo 3 & 4 irons // in need of: TM P790 3-5 irons
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-pw // in competition: TM P770 6-pw
Nike Engage Square sole 52* Toe Sweep 56*, 60*
Nike Method Matter B201
TM TP5X ball

Just FYI to all you lefties out there. I have a set of VPC irons 4-AW with KBS tour stiff shafts in them that I am getting ready to list on the bay or somewhere. Multi compound grips. Also have 8-PW in Vapor Pros. If interested message me

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001

Dang! So dope! Congrats on getting in on the experience.

@DevilGolfer54 I'm very envious, it looked like a totally awesome experience. How did the Nike staff bags look in person?

Mahalo?

Absolutely stunning. I'm not one for staff bags but these caught my eye.

Extremely jealous! I wish I still lived in Phoenix.

I'm going to pick up some balls for my birthday, I loved using last years RZN black, but from what everybody's saying here I'll give a try on RZN platinum this year

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23