Video Games

mwink822

[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1447294516' post='12586984']
for the guys playing the new NFS, how are the driving physics? most wanted and carbon were great for what they were but NFS Rivals driving was horrid. almost gta 5 like

i own XB1 and ps4, anything different between them that i should get it on a certain system?
[/quote]

The physics are pretty good. The tuning is fairly in depth too. Granted the upgrade system is very basic, but when you start tuning the finer points of your car, you can really feel it. I am driving a Mazda RX-7 set to more of a drift characteristic and it's fun.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I'm loving battlefront. Some of the game modes aren't that great, but the maps are good and the multi player doesn't require you to be crazy skilled to compete.

I kind of wonder how they'll progress the game with the season passes. I assume that new maps and characters will come out when the new movie hits theaters.

Loving Fallout 4 though! Graphics are pretty much PS3 but the gameplay is great!

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

[quote name='dan250yds' timestamp='1447197946' post='12581428']
[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1447164201' post='12578492']
Well, I caved in and bought Black Ops III and Need for Speed for my PS4. I've played around with NFS a little bit and it's okay, but nothing stellar. I think that the best run of games that they had for NFS were actually on the PS2 with Most Wanted and Carbon. As for Black Ops, I haven't had a chance to take it for a test spin due to time constraints. NFS is one I know I can pick up and put down easily, but COD generally causes me to fall into a couple hour long multiplayer pit.
[/quote]

Most Wanted is a hell of a game, I love that game. Wish it was on PS3...but is NFS a no go? Because I was considering buying it.
[/quote]

It's not terrible. The graphics are solid and running chases is a blast. I'm not sure if it's something that will get corrected in a future patch, but I'm finding the controls to be twitchy, specifically brakes and hand brake. They either do nothing, or they do WAY too much. I'm also a little frustrated with one particular race using the mythical unicorn RWB Prosche RSR that absolutely smoked my top tier R34, but when I switch to the RWB, the car won't break about 115 MPH for one reason or another making it impossible to pass the race mission. It's decent enough to kill a few minutes here and there, but it's not something I would have spent $60.00 on had I been a little more informed about what the gameplay was like. Unfortunately, it's the only really viable driving game for the PS4. No Gran Turismo and god forbid Microsoft allow Forza to be released on a Sony platform.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1448382947' post='12640468']
[quote name='dan250yds' timestamp='1447197946' post='12581428']
[quote name='mwink822' timestamp='1447164201' post='12578492']
Well, I caved in and bought Black Ops III and Need for Speed for my PS4. I've played around with NFS a little bit and it's okay, but nothing stellar. I think that the best run of games that they had for NFS were actually on the PS2 with Most Wanted and Carbon. As for Black Ops, I haven't had a chance to take it for a test spin due to time constraints. NFS is one I know I can pick up and put down easily, but COD generally causes me to fall into a couple hour long multiplayer pit.
[/quote]

Most Wanted is a hell of a game, I love that game. Wish it was on PS3...but is NFS a no go? Because I was considering buying it.
[/quote]

It's not terrible. The graphics are solid and running chases is a blast. I'm not sure if it's something that will get corrected in a future patch, but I'm finding the controls to be twitchy, specifically brakes and hand brake. They either do nothing, or they do WAY too much. I'm also a little frustrated with one particular race using the mythical unicorn RWB Prosche RSR that absolutely smoked my top tier R34, but when I switch to the RWB, the car won't break about 115 MPH for one reason or another making it impossible to pass the race mission. It's decent enough to kill a few minutes here and there, but it's not something I would have spent $60.00 on had I been a little more informed about what the gameplay was like. [b] Unfortunately, it's the only really viable driving game for the PS4[/b]. No Gran Turismo and god forbid Microsoft allow Forza to be released on a Sony platform.
[/quote]

project cars?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='mumbles236' timestamp='1448903508' post='12663106']
I miss the old school shooters that were actually about shooting instead of crazy perks, futuristic abilities, and insane kill streak rewards. I would give anything to have them remake battlefield 1942 for XB1.
[/quote]

I'm convinced if COD reels it back to WW2 or Desert Storm people will flock to the game. No more running on walls, jumping off the map, calling special dogs, plasma anything. Star Wars has less going on and it's a damn scifi game.

[quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1448908680' post='12663428']
Heck, the first call of duty modern warfare is my favorite multiplayer of all time. It had maps that allowed snipers to snipe, gave run and gun types enough cover to avoid being torn up, and gave sneaky close range guys that ability to sneak through buildings.
[/quote]

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for an Anniversary Edition of MW1 - MW2 - MW3 and maybe Blops 1 & 2, lol.

Those were my games, I'd be back playing headquarters in MW1 in a heart beat.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Don't be surprised if Activision releases it in the next year or two, because the community needs it

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

[color=#800080]I have always played Warcraft , Diablo , ands Starcraft. Console games were okay , but after Castlevania : SoTN ands Zelda : Ocarina of Time ands Wind Waker i thought games got worse. Nintendo franchises were always nice. I thought Metroid Prime was probably the most perfect game ever made.[/color]

[color=#800080]I did enjoy Skyrim and​s Orcs Must Die games.[/color]

[quote name='dan250yds' timestamp='1448945407' post='12665978']
Don't be surprised if Activision releases it in the next year or two, because the community needs it
[/quote]

Hit that one on the head. Not quite sure who they're marketing to with these new games, but I would be curious what the avg age of console gamers are anymore. I grew up playing on a console starting with a nintendo, which I'm sure a lot of you guys did as well and the younger kids that I see are more enamored with their app games than taking the time to roll through a campaign or sports game.

[quote name='brian91' timestamp='1448989586' post='12667326']
[/quote]

Hit that one on the head. Not quite sure who they're marketing to with these new games, but I would be curious what the avg age of console gamers are anymore. I grew up playing on a console starting with a nintendo, which I'm sure a lot of you guys did as well and the younger kids that I see are more enamored with their app games than taking the time to roll through a campaign or sports game.
[/quote]

I would assume it is going to happen since they have said that CoD games will not be backwards compatible. So what better way to boost earnings than port over old games that have a rabid fanbase and having them all rebuy the games for a different system.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

[quote name='J-Tizzle' timestamp='1448998649' post='12667986']
[quote name='brian91' timestamp='1448989586' post='12667326']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would assume it is going to happen since they have said that CoD games will not be backwards compatible. So what better way to boost earnings than port over old games that have a rabid fanbase and having them all rebuy the games for a different system.
[/quote]

I don't mind buying really good games again compared to the drivel they've been spitting out as of late. Just like with movies, they seem to be content to crank out sequels of diminishing quality over and over.

Preordered Battlefront, because it is Star Wars. The graphics are insane and the sound is the best but the game does lack depth as mentioned above. I really think they could open it up with better partnering and possibly making the Mission activities into On-line co-op like every other game that has a co-op horde mode. Currently they are only online versus which is dumb.

I ended up buying Destiny Taken King on black friday for $35. I played well over 150 hours of Destiny on Xbox360 all of last year but refused to pay for those DLC's. I switched to PS4 and can't transfer my character but the Taken King has a perk to upgrade 1 player to lvl25 and after like 3 nights of playing I'm already 39 so it isnt' hard to catch back up. I think it is currently the best shooter on the new platforms. The mix of story, pve, pvp modes are better than any other.

I also snagged PGA Tour 15 for $25 at Walmart. We'll see if its any good. I really wish they'd make another Hot Shots Golf for PS4. I missed the one on PS3 as I skipped from PS2 to Xbox360 back to PS4. PS has it online to play but you have to rent the PS3 version for way more money than its worth doing.

My gamertag on PS4 is VooDooGolferX if you want to add me.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1449018946' post='12669464']
Preordered Battlefront, because it is Star Wars. The graphics are insane and the sound is the best but the game does lack depth as mentioned above. I really think they could open it up with better partnering and possibly making the Mission activities into On-line co-op like every other game that has a co-op horde mode. Currently they are only online versus which is dumb.

I ended up buying Destiny Taken King on black friday for $35. I played well over 150 hours of Destiny on Xbox360 all of last year but refused to pay for those DLC's. I switched to PS4 and can't transfer my character but the Taken King has a perk to upgrade 1 player to lvl25 and after like 3 nights of playing I'm already 39 so it isnt' hard to catch back up. I think it is currently the best shooter on the new platforms. The mix of story, pve, pvp modes are better than any other.

I also snagged PGA Tour 15 for $25 at Walmart. We'll see if its any good. I really wish they'd make another Hot Shots Golf for PS4. I missed the one on PS3 as I skipped from PS2 to Xbox360 back to PS4. PS has it online to play but you have to rent the PS3 version for way more money than its worth doing.

My gamertag on PS4 is VooDooGolferX if you want to add me.
[/quote]

Yeah I love and hate Destiny. The biggest problem I've seen is most of my friends have stopped playing it and have switched to Halo 5 (which is fun in its own rights, especially with the Big Team Battle playlist), so my raid teams are no longer at it and trying to fight through those things with people from the looking for groups is so difficult.

Looking forward to start playing Xbox One with my brother, we never talk so maybe video games will bring us closer together lol. I bought him an Xbox One as his Christmas present because he only has a PS4.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1449083089' post='12672304']
Looking forward to start playing Xbox One with my brother, we never talk so maybe video games will bring us closer together lol. I bought him an Xbox One as his Christmas present because he only has a PS4.
[/quote]

Hey, remember me? It's your long lost brother. I like xbox too!

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1449083355' post='12672318']
[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1449083089' post='12672304']
[/quote]

Hey, remember me? It's your long lost brother. I like xbox too!
[/quote]
Hahaha. I snagged the last one at my work when it was on sale for $299 on Black Friday, it was the Assassin's Creed bundle and after my employee discount it came out to $248, plus I got $60 in a bounce back coupon so it was a no brainer lol.

His wife is the reason we never really talk anymore, so she's getting a $10 Mickey D's gift card. Plus she absolutely hates it when he plays video games so she'll be even more pissed. :rofl:

Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100

Still can't put down the new COD. Been playing it way too much, so close to my first prestige online lol.

Using the "Gorgon" gun is basically cheating lol.

Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100

For those looking for a realistic shooter, look no further than rainbow six siege. I endorse it immensely.

Only 3 next gen games have genuinely piqued my attention and they are:

Shadow of Mordor
Fallout 4
R6 Siege

These were worth the price of admission, but unfortunately the buck stops with them.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1449109291' post='12674004']
For those looking for a realistic shooter, look no further than rainbow six siege. I endorse it immensely.

Only 3 next gen games have genuinely piqued my attention and they are:

Shadow of Mordor
Fallout 4
R6 Siege

These were worth the price of admission, but unfortunately the buck stops with them.
[/quote]

Also, honorable mention for the ps4 exclusive blood borne.

@therealping