2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

This site seems like it's very competitive. -7 is the cut line currently. The guy in first right now shot a 62 on the first day (-10). Good vibes here to both Matt and Jesse today.

That 62 was Andrew Yun, was AA at Stanford, class act, super nice and humble guy. Lots of players here with unreal resume's.. Chris Williams who Matthew was paired with last 2 rounds won the McKormick medal for being the number on player in the world (I believe it was in 2103 or around there). Joe Bramlett was also a Stanford player and there are a quite a few UCLA players as well- Manav, Preston, Jonathan, Matt P, Jake P, Cal guys- Michael weaver (lost in extra holes at US am at Cherry Hills) and Shotaro ban.. Anyway, my kid needs to go low today to have a shot.. This week is just brutal, no other way to describe it.

Yes, it's a very strong field. To add to the list of former Pac-12 players that you mentioned, Jonathan Sanders and Trevor Simsby played on some really good UW teams, along with Chris Williams.

I worked at the PNGA and WSGA in 2012, so I'm familiar with a lot of these west coast names. I actually remember briefly meeting both you and Matt at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes that year, and I'm not sure if you were at the Sahalee Players Championship, but I was the starter for Matt at least one of the days that week. I was intrigued when I saw he was paired with Chris Williams for the first two rounds this week, because 2012 was the summer when Chris reached #1 in the world, and was pretty dominant on our circuit that year. It's been surprising to see him struggle at the professional ranks, and wasn't even sure if he was still playing until I saw his name show up next to Matt's on the tee sheet. It looks like Chris is struggling a bit this week...any insight on what is up with his game?

Anyways, I've enjoyed working my way through this thread, and am glad to see Matt still pursuing his dream. In my brief interactions with him, he seemed like a great guy, and I hope he goes low today!

This site seems like it's very competitive. -7 is the cut line currently. The guy in first right now shot a 62 on the first day (-10). Good vibes here to both Matt and Jesse today.

That 62 was Andrew Yun, was AA at Stanford, class act, super nice and humble guy. Lots of players here with unreal resume's.. Chris Williams who Matthew was paired with last 2 rounds won the McKormick medal for being the number on player in the world (I believe it was in 2103 or around there). Joe Bramlett was also a Stanford player and there are a quite a few UCLA players as well- Manav, Preston, Jonathan, Matt P, Jake P, Cal guys- Michael weaver (lost in extra holes at US am at Cherry Hills) and Shotaro ban.. Anyway, my kid needs to go low today to have a shot.. This week is just brutal, no other way to describe it.

Yes, it's a very strong field. To add to the list of former Pac-12 players that you mentioned, Jonathan Sanders and Trevor Simsby played on some really good UW teams, along with Chris Williams.

I worked at the PNGA and WSGA in 2012, so I'm familiar with a lot of these west coast names. I actually remember briefly meeting both you and Matt at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes that year, and I'm not sure if you were at the Sahalee Players Championship, but I was the starter for Matt at least one of the days that week. I was intrigued when I saw he was paired with Chris Williams for the first two rounds this week, because 2012 was the summer when Chris reached #1 in the world, and was pretty dominant on our circuit that year. It's been surprising to see him struggle at the professional ranks, and wasn't even sure if he was still playing until I saw his name show up next to Matt's on the tee sheet. It looks like Chris is struggling a bit this week...any insight on what is up with his game?

Anyways, I've enjoyed working my way through this thread, and am glad to see Matt still pursuing his dream. In my brief interactions with him, he seemed like a great guy, and I hope he goes low today!

Well that was a bad bad day... no chance now realistically. He does not have his A game this week. Don't know if this thread will be pertinent now either as he will no longer have conditional status.. Back to square 1.. which is ???

As far as Chris goes, I really could not say, he didn't putt well the first round and like Matthew today, just not sharp. He has a very calm demeanor and didn't get too upset when he had stuff go wrong. All I can say is golf is a punishing game, so hard in so many ways.

Thanks for the kind words about Matthew, I think the hardest thing about all of this as his mom is knowing he is a good guy and works hard, so hard to understand why good things are not happening for him.

And I did go to Sahalee twice as I have friends in the area and its such an awesome course.. Always go one shot ahead when I watch so I am never at the starting tent.. :)

Well that was a bad bad day... no chance now realistically. He does not have his A game this week. Don't know if this thread will be pertinent now either as he will no longer have conditional status.. Back to square 1.. which is ???

As far as Chris goes, I really could not say, he didn't putt well the first round and like Matthew today, just not sharp. He has a very calm demeanor and didn't get too upset when he had stuff go wrong. All I can say is golf is a punishing game, so hard in so many ways.

Thanks for the kind words about Matthew, I think the hardest thing about all of this as his mom is knowing he is a good guy and works hard, so hard to understand why good things are not happening for him.

And I did go to Sahalee twice as I have friends in the area and its such an awesome course.. Always go one shot ahead when I watch so I am never at the starting tent.. :)

Sometimes life screws with us to see how we can bounce back. Tell matthew to stick with it. Its just another test along the path. Its not how many times he gets knocked down. Its how many times he gets back up!!!!!

I believe that good things will come. Maybe not in golf, but he will find and do well. I have followed this for a while, always rooting for him. His goal is beyond difficult and luck must be a part of making it.

In my own life I have had passions for careers I have stopped working at and began some thing else. Not because I gave up, but because it was necessary. I have the memories of those great, hard times.

I hope he doesn't quit, but I hope it doesn't kill his spirit either.

I believe that good things will come. Maybe not in golf, but he will find and do well. I have followed this for a while, always rooting for him. His goal is beyond difficult and luck must be a part of making it.

In my own life I have had passions for careers I have stopped working at and began some thing else. Not because I gave up, but because it was necessary. I have the memories of those great, hard times.

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

Here's something Matthew needs to consider as a reason to never give up...

A guy we all know...

Lost his job

Was defeated for state legislature

Failed in business

Has his sweetheart die

Had a nervous breakdown

Defeated for Speaker of the IL house

Defeated for nomination for Congress

Defeated for U.S. Senate

Defeated for nomination for Vice President

Defeated again for U.S. Senate

Ole Abe Lincoln went to make quite a difference in the world and he never gave up or quit believing in himself.

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

Awe you guys are all so sweet, I don't think giving up is even a consideration. Despite how tough things went today I was proud to say he handled it well, didn't get upset and I could tell he was trying. He opted not to beat balls today after round, asked him why and he said because I did that the last 2 rounds and it didn't help me at all. He said its just not his week. I asked him what his plan is (we both know he is out of it at this point) and he immediately said he thinks he will do Latin American Q school which is in January I think. He is just at beginning of year 3 as a pro, Q school just happens to be at the start of his years...

Awww man Q school can be such a grind. I looked at your site and so many really good golfers are not going to move on. All I can say is look at 3 PGA winners last year: Vaughn Taylor , Greg Chalmers, and Jim Herman. All 3 of them were basically on the fringes for many years, didn't really have status on any tour, yet still won on the big stage last year. There are similar stories on the Web.com last season. So much of it is opportunity...and then seizing that opportunity when it finally arrives. In Matt's case it's just going to take more perseverance (yeah I'm sure by this point he's probably sick of that word) if playing golf for a living is really his calling. There are just so many really good golfers..the depth of great golfers is just insane these days.

We will still be rooting him on. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

Agreed, 100%. Tough to not be there for me. I have both Jesse and Matt highlighted on my bluegolf site. Par of 61's tomorrow sound good? Why the hell not, they can both do it.

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

See what tomorrow offers...

Agatha

Not speaking as a teacher, but if either of you need some old guy perspective on all of this,

I'd always be happy to offer thoughts....

No strings, no expectations

Yes please, any words of wisdom are always welcome. Matthew will probably read thru all of this after we have returned. So far he seems to be quite resilient, focused on what he can do next to get where he wants to go.

Agatha

Not speaking as a teacher, but if either of you need some old guy perspective on all of this,

Yes please, any words of wisdom are always welcome. Matthew will probably read thru all of this after we have returned. So far he seems to be quite resilient, focused on what he can do next to get where he wants to go.

Resilience is a trait of all great players.....anything you need

Agatha

Resilience is a trait of all great players.....anything you need

Not sure what to ask? From what I can tell he wants to give himself any chance he can to get status, so his thoughts are LA Q school then Canada again... I am not sure how the funds will pan out though. I would think playing in LA would cost quite a bit, in Canada they have host housing, and he has been able to make a lot of connections there and travel quite cheaply. If you were "lowish" on funding what would you do?

Canadian Q school has 2 Calif sites this year and one of the courses he likes and has played for college so that is nice, it falls in March.. Latin Q school would be in Mexico in January.. the concern for me is that Latin tour goes all over south and central america, they don't have host housing and I would expect that could get very costly. His view is it gives him a chance to get status.. He played one event last season, made cut and seemed to think they do a good job..

If money was not an issue then I could see him doing it, but with it being a consideration seems maybe play some tournament golf locally, train hard and get ready for March.. Idk..

Any other words of wisdom you can think of even if not asked please feel free to share..

Has playing Canada allowed him to improve sufficiently, in his mind?

Money being the concern and already knowing the travel, courses, and routine of Canada, would seem to be the first choice IMO.

Gaining status is obviously important, but for what it is worth, it is very important to improve each year, and the only status that matters is going to be at the end of the year, next year. Of course Matt needs a place to play and if playing well, he wants to open the doors to better opportunities, but he has to foremost figure out how he can best financially create a consistent schedule that gets him ready for the end of the year run towards playing status on a Web.com or better. L.A., Canada, china, and Asia are all just a means to that end.

You Mentioned during the year he might have been running down a bit physically. Matt has to make certain the long term goals do not get hurt chasing short term things. It's so hard not to chase every event, and feel you could miss something.

If money were no object, probably play both LA and Canada q schools. but I'd recommend focusing on one of them if he qualified for both, and supplement schedule openings when possible with local events and some web qualifiers. Since money is an object...continue working with Don and the new putting and be absolutely prepared and committed to kicking butt in Canada....all opinion on my part

Of course, 62 tomorrow render my thoughts null and void!!!

Has playing Canada allowed him to improve sufficiently, in his mind?

Money being the concern and already knowing the travel, courses, and routine of Canada, would seem to be the first choice IMO.

Gaining status is obviously important, but for what it is worth, it is very important to improve each year, and the only status that matters is going to be at the end of the year, next year. Of course Matt needs a place to play and if playing well, he wants to open the doors to better opportunities, but he has to foremost figure out how he can best financially create a consistent schedule that gets him ready for the end of the year run towards playing status on a Web.com or better. L.A., Canada, china, and Asia are all just a means to that end.

You Mentioned during the year he might have been running down a bit physically. Matt has to make certain the long term goals do not get hurt chasing short term things. It's so hard not to chase every event, and feel you could miss something.

If money were no object, probably play both LA and Canada q schools. but I'd recommend focusing on one of them if he qualified for both, and supplement schedule openings when possible with local events and some web qualifiers. Since money is an object...continue working with Don and the new putting and be absolutely prepared and committed to kicking butt in Canada....all opinion on my part

Of course, 62 tomorrow render my thoughts null and void!!!

I keep going over this advise in my mind, mainly what jumped out at me was your mention of health. Might as well throw this out on the board now because no matter what he says having Bronchitis this week was not helpful. Yes, he has it, he had a cold, it didn't get better, it got worse. He waited until the day before first round to go to urgent care (Yes I was mad at him for being a knucklehead) and sure enough he has it. They gave him the Z pack and something for the cough. He was coughing so bad the first 2 rounds I honestly don't know how he was even staying focused. He said he didn't feel "bad" that the coughing was just draining... Well this is a perfect example of why good planning and smart timing are important. Would he be in better position tonight if he didn't have it? I don't know, but I sure would have rather seen him have the opportunity to feel excellent rather than crippled.

I am hoping he can come to some clear picture of realistically what his body can handle. Don often referred to him as a race horse regarding competing, he would not stop.. he would just keep on competing as much as he was entered into something. Maybe not the best strategy.

We will have to really evaluate what is the best plan for this upcoming year. I don't think doing both is a good idea.. Canada makes the most sense to me with some hard work in the meantime and some mini tour events to keep him competing somewhat regularly. Need to set him up for success, not fighting too hard to have mediocre results, health issues and exhaustion. He is good enough to be out there, I know that in my heart and he does too, just have to find the best way to make it happen.

He has had some health issues this year, and I remember chatting with you about him being run down.

As a young man, stepping out of college and working full time on the game requires a lot of learning how to balance time.

Practicing, working out, and traveling take a toll, and recovery is part of the planning ideally.

Pushing it while young and learning is pretty normal, and probably an important part of learning, as long as he makes certain that he

IS learning!��

Get with Don, set up a schedule, with tournaments, lessons, work outs, and yes....REST!

Build from the positives this year, and make (and stick to) a plan earn status for 2018. Web or higher for 2018!

..for what it's worth, I've been told that LA give you more chances (spots/exemptions) to make it to the Web than the Mckenzie does.

I'm sure this info could be confirmed via the tour easily.

So all things being equal, concentrating on whichever gives you more chances is the way to go. I wouldn't think travel cost in LA would be decidedly more than Canada.

Good luck to Matt, there are many REALLY good players that don't get thru every year. If you make it to 2nd stage you have the talent to make it to the Web Tour and EVERYONE on the Web Tour is good enough to compete on the big show.

..for what it's worth, I've been told that LA give you more chances (spots/exemptions) to make it to the Web than the Mckenzie does.

I'm sure this info could be confirmed via the tour easily.

So all things being equal, concentrating on whichever gives you more chances is the way to go. I wouldn't think travel cost in LA would be decidedly more than Canada.

Good luck to Matt, there are many REALLY good players that don't get thru every year. If you make it to 2nd stage you have the talent to make it to the Web Tour and EVERYONE on the Web Tour is good enough to compete on the big show.

That is correct and that is one of the reasons he thinks it is important to try it.. Again he would need to get thru the Q school first however.. MacKenzie tour IMO seems to be the toughest competition from observing players who have come from the other tours to try it. China being the easiest.. At least that is what the guys are saying.. I really don't know.

Personally I would say the Mackenzie tour (or Latin America although I have less knowledge of that tour but understand it works the same way) are definitely the way to go. Matt would have to FULLY commit to the entire season. The re-shuffle on that tour isn't very daunting. As long as he's made a cut by the shuffle he should be good to go for the entire season. That would mean play every tournament and take breaks, not play local tournaments, when they have their off weeks. They heavily focus on the "The Five" from order of merit but in actuality the top 10 from the order of merit are automatically exempted to the last stage of Q school with #1 (this year it was Dan McCarthy) getting full status on the Web.com tour. Every player that tees off and completes all 4 rounds of the final stage of Q school will get some sort of exemption on the Web.com. (Of course as you already know the higher you finish at final stage the more status you gain through re-shuffles,etc). I noticed that alot of the guys who had even a modest amount of success on the Mackenzie seem to be doing quite well thru the first 2 rounds of Q school. OTOH guys who have been Monday qualifying, played occasional tournaments, didn't have a place to play are having more struggles. A few top college kids and international players (Charlie Danielson, Jordan Niebrugge, Ryan Ruffels to name a few) flamed out in the first stage. I noticed even Ruffels, despite being the next big thing from Australia and even making a few cuts on the PGA tour is now playing the Latin America Tour. It is very important to have someplace to play and to actually improve.

As long as he has the desire, work ethic, which sounds like he has in spades, he should keep plugging away. You sound like a smart mom and will remind him that a healthy mind and body are also very important to ultimately reaching his goals.

I have literally no knowledge compared to others posting in here but the above makes sense to me. Play a full schedule, when they break he should take a break as well. Should be less crazy travel although longer on the road total. Knows many of the courses in Canada, has connections for lodging, etc.

Thanks again for the thread and being so open with all of us. I followed his scores every event this year and was pulling hard for him each week.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Has been following this thread silently in the last weeks and following Matt results. All the best for the future! I live in Argentina and would be more than happy to help if you ever visit Buenos Aires.

I could easily trade a bed and a car for some lessons and being in company of a Pro golfer chasing his dreams =)

Now winner of Argentina Open (part of PGA tour LA calendar) gets a spot in next year Open Championship, which makes it quite attractive

Probably playing Latam tour is very expensive, as you need to travel long distances.

All the best for the future and keep following your dreams. Hope you keep feeding this thread!!

Cheers from Buenos Aires!

Has been following this thread silently in the last weeks and following Matt results. All the best for the future! I live in Argentina and would be more than happy to help if you ever visit Buenos Aires.

I could easily trade a bed and a car for some lessons and being in company of a Pro golfer chasing his dreams =)

Now winner of Argentina Open (part of PGA tour LA calendar) gets a spot in next year Open Championship, which makes it quite attractive

Probably playing Latam tour is very expensive, as you need to travel long distances.

All the best for the future and keep following your dreams. Hope you keep feeding this thread!!

Cheers from Buenos Aires!

He hasn't checked in on thread yet, still not home but wanted to say that is very kind of you. We both actually had quite an adventure in Buenos Aires.. When he was first a pro he decided to try LA Q school, because he was later signing up he got BA.. He had never traveled out of the country so I thought maybe I would tag along as I had never been to BA either and it sounded like an adventure.. And boy was it ever... People drive like maniacs over there!!! lol.. and of course our rental was a stick shift, he doesn't know how to drive one so I had the honor, thankfully I knew how.. No one abides by any rules on the road so I think I lost a few years of my life trying to not die while driving.. we stayed in a rental home in Palermo Hollywood which was super nice and walked most places but the course was a good 40 minutes drive away. The other thing I didn't get was the guys who basically made you give them money to "watch your car".. I was told later that if you don't want someone to mess with your car then you need to pay these guys.. That was an odd one for me..

I am certain if he returns to BA having someone who speaks the language and knows the area would be a HUGE asset... So thank you for the offer.. He would be more than happy to play with you or give you some lessons, no doubt.. By the way I enjoyed our trip very much.. if he ends up playing on the Latin Tour I would hope I can make an event or two and explore another country as well. Love to travel!!!

Okay, I've been a fan of this thread for a while, like many of us.

Matt, I'm sorry second stage didn't work out, it's a hard enough stage without feeling sick and lousy.

I understand the wounds are still fresh, but as a crusty old veteran I have really enjoyed your honesty and openness

You have shared in your journey to date. I know you have some big decisions to make on entries and gaining status for next year

And I have messaged back and forth with Agatha over the past year. Largely due to your good job in this forum, and the obvious

support you receive from Agatha, Id like to try and help in a very small way.

My name is Patrick Burke

Due to an injury, my chase of champions tour status ended in July. My shoulder is wrecked so I am moving back to teaching full time.

I teach at Coto de Caza in Southern California. My background is a former PGA tour member for Seven years in the 90s, and some Monday qualifying

Status on the Champions tour the past couple years. I am a third generation golf professional who has been around playing and coaching for what seems like forever. As some have seen on GOLFWRX, I have also been a student of David Leadbetter for many years, starting in 1989.

So, if anybody that has taken this journey with Matt is interested, I am offering an 18 hole playing lesson at Coto de Caza. The normal cost is $600 and includes the golf with cart.

1) I will donate this towards Matts expenses coming up, to hopefully take a small amount of heat off...you can send the Check directly to Matt

2) it is for one person, but for whatever the donation is finally, the donor can bring up to three additional players for $100 each.

3) we have to do this at a reasonable time and day to fit it in at Coto. We are a very busy private course and I have to watch out for our members. Probably a week day is best, but I will do what I can to make something work

I have never met Matt or Agatha, but I like Matts coach Don, and like I said, I really like how this thread has been handled.

I have been blessed at different times in my life with unreal gifts of help and friendship.

I am back at square one due to my injury, and starting over (again), but somehow, I have always had an angel help me at the right time. I'd like to

Pay a small part of those blessings forward. So if anyone is interested, let me know, let's let this kid know that people care, and care when it really matters, not

Just when it's rolling well!!!

If you want more info or bio on me let me know. Ask Monte if you know him, he'll tell you how crazy I was!!

Heck, maybe we can get a few of these type of things together to help out!

I never really know what to say when bad or disappointing things happen but just know that we're here cheering for you. And if you do make it to Vancouver next year by way of the MacKenzie Tour, you've got at least some food covered.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

Don't have anything to offer other than letting you know I'm a big fan and wish you the best. In my own life I have rarely been successful the first or even second time around. But I believe the failures have prepared me for the subsequent success. Although these things seem like milestones (and missing can cause doubt), in a long career they are sometimes just another day. Best wishes. Please consider continuing to post your journey.

Okay, I've been a fan of this thread for a while, like many of us.

Matt, I'm sorry second stage didn't work out, it's a hard enough stage without feeling sick and lousy.

I understand the wounds are still fresh, but as a crusty old veteran I have really enjoyed your honesty and openness

You have shared in your journey to date. I know you have some big decisions to make on entries and gaining status for next year

And I have messaged back and forth with Agatha over the past year. Largely due to your good job in this forum, and the obvious

support you receive from Agatha, Id like to try and help in a very small way.

My name is Patrick Burke

Due to an injury, my chase of champions tour status ended in July. My shoulder is wrecked so I am moving back to teaching full time.

I teach at Coto de Caza in Southern California. My background is a former PGA tour member for Seven years in the 90s, and some Monday qualifying

Status on the Champions tour the past couple years. I am a third generation golf professional who has been around playing and coaching for what seems like forever. As some have seen on GOLFWRX, I have also been a student of David Leadbetter for many years, starting in 1989.

So, if anybody that has taken this journey with Matt is interested, I am offering an 18 hole playing lesson at Coto de Caza. The normal cost is $600 and includes the golf with cart.

1) I will donate this towards Matts expenses coming up, to hopefully take a small amount of heat off...you can send the Check directly to Matt

2) it is for one person, but for whatever the donation is finally, the donor can bring up to three additional players for $100 each.

3) we have to do this at a reasonable time and day to fit it in at Coto. We are a very busy private course and I have to watch out for our members. Probably a week day is best, but I will do what I can to make something work

I have never met Matt or Agatha, but I like Matts coach Don, and like I said, I really like how this thread has been handled.

I have been blessed at different times in my life with unreal gifts of help and friendship.

I am back at square one due to my injury, and starting over (again��), but somehow, I have always had an angel help me at the right time. I'd like to

Pay a small part of those blessings forward. So if anyone is interested, let me know, let's let this kid know that people care, and care when it really matters, not

Just when it's rolling well!!!

If you want more info or bio on me let me know. Ask Monte if you know him, he'll tell you how crazy I was!!

Heck, maybe we can get a few of these type of things together to help out!

LMAO, Maddie's out giving a lesson and she let me use her tablet cuz it's much easier than my phone but I'm sorta buzzed and I forgot to sign out & in. She thinks that I use too many "WTF's" and "WhoTF's" so I couldn't let that post stand, LMAO

Anyhoo, I was dying that Sunday at Bay Hill in '96!!

Guys were pulling for Rocco, and I was like "f*** Rocco, it's Burke's day(The tacky crass in me is the Irish and my dad's side, the very occasional flash of Class is the Scotch and my Mother. It's not so much the Irish blood as it is my Dad's side were a pack of yahoos, lol)."

Thanks for two great days of watching!!

You left it on the course!!

I know that you wanted a different result but you can't ask for more than that.

You're a Class Act Bro!!

Been there done that with the wrecked shoulder. You'll be back!! Just be smart Bro!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Matthew, you have a phenomenal inner circle and with someone like Patrick, who not only has "been there done that," he kicked some a** while he was there, and his knowledge, thoughts and viewpoints are priceless!!

No Bro, you're gonna be just fine and ready to run again in short order.

Off of the course is more important than on course at this stage because you're not gonna get it done on the course without having your ducks in line off it.

From your health to your schedule, speak to Patrick!

Relax and enjoy those close to you for a week or so!!

All the Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Played with Chris a couple times this year. At q school and up in canada. His ball striking is not where he wants it to be and he misses a couple short putts a round. I think he must be a little discouraged since he was the former number one amateur in the world and he hasn't broken to the big time yet.

Sometimes life screws with us to see how we can bounce back. Tell matthew to stick with it. Its just another test along the path. Its not how many times he gets knocked down. Its how many times he gets back up!!!!!

Thank you. This year was a rough one, had ample opportunities and couldn't take advantage.

Here's something Matthew needs to consider as a reason to never give up...

A guy we all know...

Lost his job

Was defeated for state legislature

Failed in business

Has his sweetheart die

Had a nervous breakdown

Defeated for Speaker of the IL house

Defeated for nomination for Congress

Defeated for U.S. Senate

Defeated for nomination for Vice President

Defeated again for U.S. Senate

Ole Abe Lincoln went to make quite a difference in the world and he never gave up or quit believing in himself.

Great post!