2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

Once you're clubs start to look like this there isn't much left to save but the Faces haha. That's my 7i, it's the worst of them but there are a couple others at this point with some songs and dents and a Very Nice amount a bag chatter at this point in time. This will be their 3rd season in the bag this year :)

Now just for the record, I don't Miss Treat them or anything, I care for them and treat them with respect. But I've come to like the Battle Scarred/Bag Chattered look a lot :)

Pigs, it looks like you attempted to give them their own special 'tour grind' and it went a bit wrong.

We can market it as "Pigs Custom Tour Grind"

Lol! The sole will come back the same, but the leading edge of the toe will look like it was put through an industrial meat grinder.

"A versatile grind for those that play in a variety of turf conditions and like a bit of extra feel on those toe hits."

Works for me, send me all your clubs and I'll knock them off a few rocks and send'em on back, and for only $49.99 CDN per club at that :rofl:

LMAO! That's a great deal my friend. Bob Vokey better watch out!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say the only reason my index is stay below 15 is because of my putting and chipping. I work on it a lot. Now that my irons are coming around and my driver is continuing to be better (still not great but I did hit 61% of my fairways today averaging about 250) I think I can reach my goal of 10 this year. 29 putts today with one 3 putt on 18 ughhh. Shot 91 but I had 5 penalty strokes.... Oiy.

Put two different balls in play today. New Wilson duo urethane and the rm5 rzn tournplatinum. Both are fantastic. I forgot how awesome it was to see balls stop and spin back a little haha. Solid day for not playing in 2-3 weeks. Excited for the rest of the year.

250 at 61% in the fairway. That is very good IMO. I'd also be ecstatic with 29 putts. Keep playing like that and you'll be posting sub 80 consistently. Nice playing Sir.

So I was doing some chipping practice in the garden this evening, testing out the slo-mo feature on my new phone (I had to upgrade after my last phone, which I had six years, died on me).

The results weren't bad. This was a little bunt with a 7 iron. My face is out of the frame too which, trust me, is a good thing.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwOSd8mUVdQ[/media]

Nice motion Wolfster! Prolike with quiet hands. A lot to like there brah!

EDIT: still TOOLED

^ Good stuff Conrad. Most of all, you have to keep playing to keep your short game in tune. No matter how 'good' you are at it, you have to constantly keep playing and practicing to just sustain it.

Absoeffinghamlutely the short game is where it is at. That is what 90% of my practice time consists of. That was the only reason I was able to play competitively years ago. I could scramble from the damndest places you could imagine just let me get a 5 iron on it and then a wedge under it get it on the green and get the putter in my hand. I did my scoring on the par 3s and par 5s par 3s did not seem as long then as they are now. Par 5s if they were tight I would hit the 1 iron off the tee and position my second where I could get a wedge under it. LOL I actually play the par 5s like that now but I am a lot straighter with the driver but do not hit it as far.

Although I've already been telling myself this, the $hitty play during my vacation reaffirmed that I gotta get back to at least 75% short game practice in order for my index to stay single digit. There is no way around this. It does no good to have an FIR followed by a GIR from good ballstriking when you end up with a 3 jack on the green. Must not stop practicing short game...

Also I was wondering how much golf play and practice did you put in when you were at your peak game?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Does anybody know what happened to BicknellCC?

Registered Bladeocrat

Nice motion Wolfster! Prolike with quiet hands. A lot to like there brah!

EDIT: still TOOLED

Thanks Rad. Very kind of you to say so. I've worked a few things out with my chipping in the last week or so (at least whilst in the garden) and am looking forward to taking it out on the course. Hopefully the results will be good.

This game can be cruel. Aha moments change to Oh sh** moments in a heartbeat.

Putts burn edges and won't fall. Can't hit an iron flush; rope hook a driver 100 yards.

Can't get comfortable over the ball. Pain pops up; legs start feeling like fence posts.

Your phone rings and you spill your drink on yourself and then your bag falls off the

cart and you're afraid one of your babies got dinged.

Ain't it wonderful!!??

It's been so windy lately my bag has fallen over 3 times lol

Oh my, yes! The ten most "gut wrenching" seconds in golf. When your bag falls off the cart or tips over. That brief period of time until one can closely examine "the babies" to see if they're alright. Almost makes one want to consider iron headcovers for those moments. But the boys have told me they prefer to remain unadorned, tempting whatever fate has in store for them by their nakedness.

I sloshed some beer in the nether regions of my khaki pants during last Sunday's scramble. Very embarrassing. The buds thought it was pretty damn funny. I didn't. Thank goodness it was about the 13th hole so things had a chance to dry out a bit before entering the clubhouse post round. Perhaps another reason to always wear dark colored pants/shorts?

Yeah, the clubs falling over stops your heart for a second, especially when you realize you're not going to get there in time.

Story - I had recently purchased a Clicgear cart and pulled up to the first tee and unloaded it with bag containing FGs attached, unfolded the wheels, and was then informed I was playing the course across the street. So, instead of re-folding it, I put it in the bed of my pickup on its wheels with the brake on, and I cleverly faced it at a right angle to my direction of travel. Oh, and I had also recently put one of those pickup nets across the back because I had crumpled my tailgate (yeah all me). So I proceed at what I thought was a leisurely pace and halfway to the other parking lot I hear a sickening clang and crash. I sat there and stared straight ahead. I didn't want to look back, I knew exactly what happened. And this is coming from a guy who used to use iron covers. The cart had somehow pivoted and the laws of physics took over, brake or no, and it went through that net like it was made of sewing thread. I threw the carnage back into my truck and proceeded to the first tee, and surveyed the damage. Maybe 6 of the FGs got some asphalt scars and nicks mostly towards the toe. Strange thing was, I didn't get upset. I just thought, y'know what, they will still play just as well. And I do believe that I played good round that day. And they're still pretty (coming from a daddy's eyes).

I will say the only reason my index is stay below 15 is because of my putting and chipping. I work on it a lot. Now that my irons are coming around and my driver is continuing to be better (still not great but I did hit 61% of my fairways today averaging about 250) I think I can reach my goal of 10 this year. 29 putts today with one 3 putt on 18 ughhh. Shot 91 but I had 5 penalty strokes.... Oiy.

Put two different balls in play today. New Wilson duo urethane and the rm5 rzn tournplatinum. Both are fantastic. I forgot how awesome it was to see balls stop and spin back a little haha. Solid day for not playing in 2-3 weeks. Excited for the rest of the year.

250 at 61% in the fairway. That is very good IMO. I'd also be ecstatic with 29 putts. Keep playing like that and you'll be posting sub 80 consistently. Nice playing Sir.

Thanks. I just have to stay consistent with the driver. I also need to hit less crappy shots like penalties or chunks. I can deal with thin shots with irons. At least they are getting me closer to using a wedge/putter but chunks I'm just wasting a stroke haha.

One awesome pitch I had today was pretty cool and I give all the credit to the Wilson ball I was playing. About a 30 yard pitch to the the fron or the green and another 10ish to the pin. Has a little backstop. Hit the pitch low ish with some good spin. Hits next to the flag and hops to the slope and then the spin takes over and just creeps on down the slope to settle at 2 feet. It was like watching some of the shots at the masters where the ball looks to stop and then just rolls right on back haha. It was great. Also hit a sweet flop from a hill above the green to very short sided pin that hit on the fringe and hopped a foot and settled quickly.

Wilson duo urethane is legit haha

Forever Changing at this point.......

Don't know. He was coming and going and I think pretty busy with

family life. I've been expecting him to drop in for awhile now, just

like Mdg just did.

I always wonder what happened to Thrillhouse. He was a regular on the boards a few years ago and was a really good poster. He just seemed to stop overnight.

This game can be cruel. Aha moments change to Oh sh** moments in a heartbeat.

Putts burn edges and won't fall. Can't hit an iron flush; rope hook a driver 100 yards.

Can't get comfortable over the ball. Pain pops up; legs start feeling like fence posts.

Your phone rings and you spill your drink on yourself and then your bag falls off the

cart and you're afraid one of your babies got dinged.

Ain't it wonderful!!??

It's been so windy lately my bag has fallen over 3 times lol

Oh my, yes! The ten most "gut wrenching" seconds in golf. When your bag falls off the cart or tips over. That brief period of time until one can closely examine "the babies" to see if they're alright. Almost makes one want to consider iron headcovers for those moments. But the boys have told me they prefer to remain unadorned, tempting whatever fate has in store for them by their nakedness.

I sloshed some beer in the nether regions of my khaki pants during last Sunday's scramble. Very embarrassing. The buds thought it was pretty damn funny. I didn't. Thank goodness it was about the 13th hole so things had a chance to dry out a bit before entering the clubhouse post round. Perhaps another reason to always wear dark colored pants/shorts?

Yeah, the clubs falling over stops your heart for a second, especially when you realize you're not going to get there in time.

Story - I had recently purchased a Clicgear cart and pulled up to the first tee and unloaded it with bag containing FGs attached, unfolded the wheels, and was then informed I was playing the course across the street. So, instead of re-folding it, I put it in the bed of my pickup on its wheels with the brake on, and I cleverly faced it at a right angle to my direction of travel. Oh, and I had also recently put one of those pickup nets across the back because I had crumpled my tailgate (yeah all me). So I proceed at what I thought was a leisurely pace and halfway to the other parking lot I hear a sickening clang and crash. I sat there and stared straight ahead. I didn't want to look back, I knew exactly what happened. And this is coming from a guy who used to use iron covers. The cart had somehow pivoted and the laws of physics took over, brake or no, and it went through that net like it was made of sewing thread. I threw the carnage back into my truck and proceeded to the first tee, and surveyed the damage. Maybe 6 of the FGs got some asphalt scars and nicks mostly towards the toe. Strange thing was, I didn't get upset. I just thought, y'know what, they will still play just as well. And I do believe that I played good round that day. And they're still pretty (coming from a daddy's eyes).

If that ever happened to my Miuras I would need therapy. During my vacation I got a cart and I must have checked the bag strap 20 times to make sure it was secure. Maybe in a year I will stop caring but right now it is too soon.

Registered Bladeocrat

like Mdg just did.

I always wonder what happened to Thrillhouse. He was a regular on the boards a few years ago and was a really good poster. He just seemed to stop overnight.

He started a thread and announced he was done. He replied in it for a day or two. That's the last I remember seeing anything from him.

like Mdg just did.

He was a funny WRXer. He created an "I'm leaving WRX" thread about a year ago and I think he was sincere about it.

Registered Bladeocrat

like Mdg just did.

He was a funny WRXer. He created an "I'm leaving WRX" thread about a year ago and I think he was sincere about it.

He disappeared for awhile and then came back. I didn't know about the

thread leaving WRX. I still remember his "Ask Thrillhouse" thread, lol.

Why did he say he was leaving WRX?

His buddy, member IsaacBM is still pretty active on here. I remember when

IsaacBM started a thread where he and his buddies would sponsor a WRXer

for a year if he could come up to Alberta and beat Thrillhouse, lol. He said

it would probably take a pair of 64s to do it.

He started a thread and announced he was done. He replied in it for a day or two. That's the last I remember seeing anything from him.

Thanks gents. I did not know that. He was pretty active so I wonder what made him throw in the towel?

I think Thrill had some issue with another member. That's what I remember from his thread.

Registered Bladeocrat

Papa J, you brought up a funny.

A bunch of the hacks I play with always do exactly what you said, hit a putt a foot, two feet, three feet off-line and then look at you like it should have gone in. We actually joke around about it, and say, "why didn't that go in?"

You gotta be real with yourself and if you're reading greens that poorly or hitting putts that far off line, that's gotta be fixed. That isn't changing by playing all the time. Gotta practice.

Part of the reason I was looking up those tour stats is because I think in systems. I want to be able to evaluate each stroke and reconcile what I did right or wrong. The fact that Stenson can hit 220 of 222 putts inside of 5 feet tells you that he probably doesn't get too nervous when he leaves one three or four feet from the hole. But, after you've bricked a few of those, you start wanting them to be closer. I missed so many putts recently within 5 feet that I wasn't happy with a lag unless it was within 18 inches.

Looks likes my Hawks are going to roll through the Celtics.

LOL MC and I are on the same wavelength. Parallel posting.

Registered Bladeocrat

Good leg work MC. Master WRX navigator. That thread was kind of melancholy, full of sad well wishes and hopeful encouragement to come back. Classy show of support, shows that there is some good on the internet. Still sucks that a troll took down a GOAT like Thrillhouse. I recently got incarcerated for confronting a troll, and I realized that there is still plenty of good stuff here, esp confessions of course, that it is worthwhile to just avoid them (report, block, ignore) and move on..

LOL MC and I are on the same wavelength. Parallel posting.

Ya, lol. I clicked on MC's link. Thanks for the link MC.

I remember when I started that "Poser" thread Thrillhouse posted in it

somewhere in the first few pages and I said "Thrillhouse is back!" cause

he had been gone for awhile at that point. I didn't know he left yet again.

To be blunt, people will make their own calls, but I have a hard time

believing a guy with his mental prowess would succumb to trolls. Isaac

said before that TH had been out hitchhiking around Europe with a few

lady companions. I think he just had other priorities, lol.

Good leg work MC. Master WRX navigator. That thread was kind of melancholy, full of sad well wishes and hopeful encouragement to come back. Classy show of support, shows that there is some good on the internet. Still sucks that a troll took down a GOAT like Millhouse. I recently got incarcerated for confronting a troll, and I realized that there is still plenty of good stuff here, esp confessions of course, that it is worthwhile to just avoid them (report, block, ignore) and move on..

My first ever suspension from WRX was from "abusing" the report button. LMAO I could not believe it. Every time a troll would reply to me and post something disrespectful, I would report it and quote the specific rule that was violated. Ever since then I don't report $hit anymore...Although I've been half tempted to report some trolls with dual member accounts in current blades vs CBs thread....

Registered Bladeocrat

Papa J, you brought up a funny.

A bunch of the hacks I play with always do exactly what you said, hit a putt a foot, two feet, three feet off-line and then look at you like it should have gone in. We actually joke around about it, and say, "why didn't that go in?"

You gotta be real with yourself and if you're reading greens that poorly or hitting putts that far off line, that's gotta be fixed. That isn't changing by playing all the time. Gotta practice.

Part of the reason I was looking up those tour stats is because I think in systems. I want to be able to evaluate each stroke and reconcile what I did right or wrong. The fact that Stenson can hit 220 of 222 putts inside of 5 feet tells you that he probably doesn't get too nervous when he leaves one three or four feet from the hole. But, after you've bricked a few of those, you start wanting them to be closer. I missed so many putts recently within 5 feet that I wasn't happy with a lag unless it was within 18 inches.

Looks likes my Hawks are going to roll through the Celtics.

Haha ya even today played with some guys who just hardly sniffed the hole if they were outside of 4 feet. Usually some type of left or right. I also know what you mean about the lag putts. There are days when my putting is lights out and I have not a care in the world if I leave myself a 5 footer because I know that my feel is real that day and it's automatic from there. Then I have days where I have to be on the lip. Not often but I went through a spell on December/January where I was avg like 35-38 putts and that was with like 1-2 greens...... Ughh haha. Lately if I have more than 33 putts, I also probably hit a lot more greens than usual.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Just came across this and though you fellas might also enjoy it :)

That sounds like the group i play with !!!

Someone sent it to my FIL and he sent it to me, Glad you all enjoyed it :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I agree, it was sad to see Thrillhouse leave... it would be like if there were no more Confessions thread. Unimaginable...

Hope you are all doing well, this is my first day back to work since getting the bacterial bronchitis, wow, I sincerely hope none of you get this, it's absolutely awful. At 65, I've been with me for pretty much all of that time, and have never had anything like it. And I did miss the first night of the golf league last night- ouch :(