2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Oceans Eleven Confessions to break a man's heart....

Matt J

And they are here!!!! Bag chatter as expected but faces look almost new. You can see some impact spots and sad to say, I know why the person sold these to the eBay store I bought them from haha.

One man's trash is another's treasure. I'm still waiting for that poor sap that hates his baby blades to put them up for sale.

I'm really interested in your take on how the Nikes feel and perform compared to your Macs. The Nikes are such a classic blade look with a very simple muscle shape. Being from Portland, I love to hate on Nike, but I'm really a fan of their blades. Only exception being the FUGLY Vapor Pros...the shape of the muscle is horrible and again plastic just ruins feel/feedback.

I will certainly report back on that. I agree about the vapor pros. just not a fan of the shape.

Forever Changing at this point.......

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I tried. POITO?

LMAO it's the same as PBT minus the tree.

Thank the 'Sweet Lord Jesus' someone asked that question - had no clue what POITO meant.

And was madly coming up with a variety of 'options', non of them in the least bit good. Horrific, nightmare inducing, never want to ever see, what i thought it could be .

Thank you!

Will sleep well again now.........

Yeah, glad we got that out in the open :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

MC, back in my gigging days I would invariably end up in the drive thru line at McDonalds @3 am after about 14 vodka and club sodas ;) .....the line was always REAL long. So one night I pulled into the line already holding "it", placed my order and ended up being stuck in line for 10 minutes (drunk people making huge orders). Started doing the dance, shifting, breathing, transcending myself mentally. It got worse, started looking for an empty bottle in my car......nothing. So I took my shirt off, folded it up, placed it under me and let it go LOL. Butterscotch for sure, followed by shame. I would have got out and relieved myself in a bush if there was any, going inside was not an option as only the drive thru was open.

PIP, BTDT :D

Edit: Tooled, great posts everyone. Matt nice job with the putting tips, and keep up the putting practice too! Chief, that's some nice shooting Bro!

DTP...hahaha... wow, you wouldn't even have to order anything, just drive through p.. 'can I take your order?' 'not really, just wanted to know if I could get an empty cup?' 'to go?'... 'well, you could say that...' :)

LOL!!! Well played, their coffee cup have that warning about the contents being "hot", perfect.

And they are here!!!! Bag chatter as expected but faces look almost new. You can see some impact spots and sad to say, I know why the person sold these to the eBay store I bought them from haha.

One man's trash is another's treasure. I'm still waiting for that poor sap that hates his baby blades to put them up for sale.

I'm really interested in your take on how the Nikes feel and perform compared to your Macs. The Nikes are such a classic blade look with a very simple muscle shape. Being from Portland, I love to hate on Nike, but I'm really a fan of their blades. Only exception being the FUGLY Vapor Pros...the shape of the muscle is horrible and again plastic just ruins feel/feedback.

I will certainly report back on that. I agree about the vapor pros. just not a fan of the shape.

Yeah, I'd like to hear how they compare too. All I know is they are some nice feeling clubs, I never forgot how awesome they felt. The Vr Pro, for me, is directly responsible for wanting an MB. As for the Vapor Pro's, never cared for the look. Although one could argue from address you can't see the back of the club, that's like saying just sleep with this fugly girl with the lights off :D

^ Good stuff Conrad. Most of all, you have to keep playing to keep your short game in tune. No matter how 'good' you are at it, you have to constantly keep playing and practicing to just sustain it.

Absoeffinghamlutely the short game is where it is at. That is what 90% of my practice time consists of. That was the only reason I was able to play competitively years ago. I could scramble from the damndest places you could imagine just let me get a 5 iron on it and then a wedge under it get it on the green and get the putter in my hand. I did my scoring on the par 3s and par 5s par 3s did not seem as long then as they are now. Par 5s if they were tight I would hit the 1 iron off the tee and position my second where I could get a wedge under it. LOL I actually play the par 5s like that now but I am a lot straighter with the driver but do not hit it as far.

Although I've already been telling myself this, the $hitty play during my vacation reaffirmed that I gotta get back to at least 75% short game practice in order for my index to stay single digit. There is no way around this. It does no good to have an FIR followed by a GIR from good ballstriking when you end up with a 3 jack on the green. Must not stop practicing short game...

Also I was wondering how much golf play and practice did you put in when you were at your peak game?

Actually I played more than I practiced. If not playing a money match I played by myself and hit several balls from different spots and practiced around the greens a lot. I was never one to spend time on the range belting balls. I am the same way now If given a choice of playing 9 holes or hitting a bag of balls I will play the 9 holes every time. When I was coming up we had a 9 hole par 3 course where the longest hole was only 92 yards. I spent a lot of time on it especially on the weekends. Our regulation 9 hole course would be crowded and hardly any one on the par 3. In the course of some days I would play close to 81 holes on that thing. The 7th green was right beside our house and I spent a lot of time around it chipping and putting. When I was about 15 or so I figured out how to rig up lights and so I practiced nights in the summer too. That is really how I naturally honed my short game. Back when I played the minis in Florida we always played in the summer and in the mornings when it was cool. We may get some action going at another course in the afternoons if not it was party time. That was part of my problem in those days too much party time

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

^ BIG STU I take all that as you basically played daily.

So much golf to learn. So little time.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Conrad, you frequent Capitol Hill? You lucky dog! Spent a couple days there and thought those courses were fantastic!

Matt, got to play my league tonight for the first time and shot a 37 to lead the list of 25 guys who've played so far this year! Can't say enough about that shoulder thought you mentioned. I'm so comfortable over putts right now and the greens at our course are very slick currently. I owe you a few beers next time you're in central IL! ��

Edit: speaking of which, Michael do you ever make it over to the links in Jacksonville for a round?

Hey Chief, sorry I forgot to welcome you. You know how every island has a leeward side whichever way the wind is blowing? Here at WRX, we are the leeward side. No matter what tempest might be blowing on WRX elswhere, we are always in a nice peaceful harbor, where things can be discussed (confessed) without reproach. But that doesn't mean we are short on content. We got club techies, we got swing techies, we got feelies, we got ho's, we got young'ns and old'ns, and we got some golfers with some damn good credentials, this is starting to sound like Toby Keith 'I love this bar'...

Edit: ohduh, nice three seven! (I meant to say that at the start)

Thanks for the welcome Thug! I occasionally stalked you guys but should've started posting long ago. Love the vibe you guys have going in here!

I forgot my manners too Chief. I have read some of your posts on other threads and they were good. You have been lurking on here so you know I am in the old fart club techie ho and certified Macgregor blade man period! But anyhow welcome stick around this area is always fun and educational

^ BIG STU I take all that as you basically played daily.

So much golf to learn. So little time.

Absolutely that is the only way one can play at a high competitive level.

Conrad, you frequent Capitol Hill? You lucky dog! Spent a couple days there and thought those courses were fantastic!

Matt, got to play my league tonight for the first time and shot a 37 to lead the list of 25 guys who've played so far this year! Can't say enough about that shoulder thought you mentioned. I'm so comfortable over putts right now and the greens at our course are very slick currently. I owe you a few beers next time you're in central IL! ��

Edit: speaking of which, Michael do you ever make it over to the links in Jacksonville for a round?

Hey Chief, sorry I forgot to welcome you. You know how every island has a leeward side whichever way the wind is blowing? Here at WRX, we are the leeward side. No matter what tempest might be blowing on WRX elswhere, we are always in a nice peaceful harbor, where things can be discussed (confessed) without reproach. But that doesn't mean we are short on content. We got club techies, we got swing techies, we got feelies, we got ho's, we got young'ns and old'ns, and we got some golfers with some damn good credentials, this is starting to sound like Toby Keith 'I love this bar'...

Edit: ohduh, nice three seven! (I meant to say that at the start)

Thanks for the welcome Thug! I occasionally stalked you guys but should've started posting long ago. Love the vibe you guys have going in here!

I forgot my manners too Chief. I have read some of your posts on other threads and they were good. You have been lurking on here so you know I am in the old fart club techie ho and certified Macgregor blade man period! But anyhow welcome stick around this area is always fun and educational

Thx Big Stu! And yes I'm well aware, I love reading the classic clubs sub forum also! I've just never had any good input to post. I could look at old blades all day though. They're on the newer side but I played MP-33's for a few years but I'm back on my 57's again at the moment.

^ Chief Illest, I find your lack of faith in mp33s...disturbing.

Registered Bladeocrat

Necessity is the mother of invention:

http://www.sportsgri...holds-your-pee/

I saw this on the old golf channel show where inventors presented their inventions in the hopes of getting it sponsored.

Confession: I once drove interstate 40 across TX, NM, and AZ without making a pit stop for 16 hours. I drank Snapple iced tee and used the empty bottles to pee into whilst driving. When I finally stopped I had like 5 full bottles.

hahaha... that's hilarious Ninje... I would hate to think I was 'carelessly giving away to nature like some ignorant rube' pee that I could have kept in a fake 7 iron, I mean what level headed person wouldn't? Also I would love to be there when the shipping dept. calls accounting to verify that whoever orders this magic pee stick did it within the time frame to get the 'clever towel' thrown in... "Yello?"... "yeah, shipping here, hey this guy from Poughkeepsie, did he order this peestick NOW?"..............."what?"......"did he order it NOW?"...."well, he ordered it, oh, you mean to get the towel?".................."the clever towel, the CLEVER towel... did he or not?"..............." yeah, he did"... "ok, I'll throw it in.... can't you guys just figure out a way to just tell us so we don't have to call you to check?"......."well, it should be on the P.O.".... "oh, gotcha, ordered- NOW- yes... Ok, sorry"..... "no problem"... "we tried this thing out, cause there's not restrooms in shipping, just big doors, but we spilled a little"...... "just use the towel"..... "clever"....

I saw this on the old golf channel show where inventors presented their inventions in the hopes of getting it sponsored.

Confession: I once drove interstate 40 across TX, NM, and AZ without making a pit stop for 16 hours. I drank Snapple iced tee and used the empty bottles to pee into whilst driving. When I finally stopped I had like 5 full bottles.

hahaha... that's hilarious Ninje... I would hate to think I was 'carelessly giving away to nature like some ignorant rube' pee that I could have kept in a fake 7 iron, I mean what level headed person wouldn't? Also I would love to be there when the shipping dept. calls accounting to verify that whoever orders this magic pee stick did it within the time frame to get the 'clever towel' thrown in... "Yello?"... "yeah, shipping here, hey this guy from Poughkeepsie, did he order this peestick NOW?"..............."what?"......"did he order it NOW?"...."well, he ordered it, oh, you mean to get the towel?".................."the clever towel, the CLEVER towel... did he or not?"..............." yeah, he did"... "ok, I'll throw it in.... can't you guys just figure out a way to just tell us so we don't have to call you to check?"......."well, it should be on the P.O.".... "oh, gotcha, ordered- NOW- yes... Ok, sorry"..... "no problem"... "we tried this thing out, cause there's not restrooms in shipping, just big doors, but we spilled a little"...... "just use the towel"..... "clever"....

LMAO. I'm thinking of patenting the "$hitseat v2.0". You can convert your golf cart seats to have a hidden bedpan inside. No need to slow the group down while they wait for you at the bathroom. Just drop a deuce while driving to your next shot. "Score this hole?"..."Just put me down for a two."

Registered Bladeocrat

A couple of my buddies pride themselves in creative urination on course.

The take a knee on the tee box pee, for example.

Or, the nonchalantly stand beside the cart in the fairway pee.

Beware though, at one local semi-private a lady called the police saying a golfer intentionally exposed himself to her. He lost his job with the city planning dept. over the ordeal.

A couple of my buddies pride themselves in creative urination on course.

The take a knee on the tee box pee, for example.

Or, the nonchalantly stand beside the cart in the fairway pee.

Beware though, at one local semi-private a lady called the police saying a golfer intentionally exposed himself to her. He lost his job with the city planning dept. over the ordeal.

I do the cart one a lot as we have a few courses with no tree cover haha

Forever Changing at this point.......

The few times I have put a Vr pro at address, I think I almost literally drooled. Something about the lines and the angles almost made you feel like you were hitting the ball.

Just like a pretty girl in your neighborhood when you were growing up, you gotta find out what it feels like.

That's what I feel about FG59s!

Registered Bladeocrat

The few times I have put a Vr pro at address, I think I almost literally drooled. Something about the lines and the angles almost made you feel like you were hitting the ball.

Just like a pretty girl in your neighborhood when you were growing up, you gotta find out what it feels like.

That's what I feel about FG59s!

My sweet FGs were the only thing that held me back from hoing the Vrs. But now Papa's post just reloaded that vision of a razor sharp Vr 4i and 7i at address. Talk about clean.

MC, back in my gigging days I would invariably end up in the drive thru line at McDonalds @3 am after about 14 vodka and club sodas ;) .....the line was always REAL long. So one night I pulled into the line already holding "it", placed my order and ended up being stuck in line for 10 minutes (drunk people making huge orders). Started doing the dance, shifting, breathing, transcending myself mentally. It got worse, started looking for an empty bottle in my car......nothing. So I took my shirt off, folded it up, placed it under me and let it go LOL. Butterscotch for sure, followed by shame. I would have got out and relieved myself in a bush if there was any, going inside was not an option as only the drive thru was open.

Edit: Tooled, great posts everyone. Matt nice job with the putting tips, and keep up the putting practice too! Chief, that's some nice shooting Bro!

LOL! Good story, Teej. Well, funny now anyway. You're still a young man. It gets worse as you get older.

When you can't get through the night without needing to visit the bathroom at least once you know things are on the decline.

I'm surprised no-one had designed a portable catheter that attaches to a golf trolley yet. There's got to be a market for that?

Um.......pretty impressive.....and it is easier up in a truck than a car so all props

to you bro for doing it on the down low.......and I thought PWDing was a learned

skill but then again you play blades so PWDing is child's play for you. One mishit

and you're in water hazard so no room for error.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

LOL! Good story, Teej. Well, funny now anyway. You're still a young man. It gets worse as you get older.

When you can't get through the night without needing to visit the bathroom at least once you know things are on the decline.

I'm surprised no-one had designed a portable catheter that attaches to a golf trolley yet. There's got to be a market for that?

Um.......pretty impressive.....and it is easier up in a truck than a car so all props

to you bro for doing it on the down low.......and I thought PWDing was a learned

skill but then again you play blades so PWDing is child's play for you. One mishit

LOL 'PWD'. I figured a truck driver has BTDT.

It was in my '89 Celica. I had the cruise control on, and you know that highway is dead straight and desolate for miles.

Registered Bladeocrat

Played 9 again this morning. Back 9. 10 has a 100 yard carry off the tee. I skipped it across the water. Lol. First swing of the day and I was by myself so I took a mulligan. YES. I TOOK A MULLIGAN. LMAO! Par....or double. ;)

Reeled off 7 more pars. On 18, I couldn't find my ball in the clover on the right. Searched for 15 minutes. Took a favorable ;) drop @ 190 and put it on the green. Two putt.

So, in summary, I shot 36 or 38 or 41...okay 41.

Since I was by myself with no one behind me I dropped several balls from 80 yards and in, including bunkers and extra putts, and kinda kept score with my original shot...kinda 'cause I cheated on 10 and 18. :D

Full disclosure: I rolled (improved my lie) the ball twice. 4i and 3w from heavy rough. LMAO. Both were par 5s. I could've hit a short iron and still got home.

A wise man once said "F*&\ it!"...and lived happily ever after.

Okay, I shot 43!

LOL 'PWD'. I figured a truck driver has BTDT.

It was in my '89 Celica. I had the cruise control on, and you know that highway is dead straight and desolate for miles.

I really shouldn't say this but WTH, lol. Cobi is very impressive. As you can

imagine considerably more skill is required with female plumbing.

SLED Gemini

Played 9 again this morning. Back 9. 10 has a 100 yard carry off the tee. I skipped it across the water. Lol. First swing of the day and I was by myself so I took a mulligan. YES. I TOOK A MULLIGAN. LMAO! Par....or double. ;)

Reeled off 7 more pars. On 18, I couldn't find my ball in the clover on the right. Searched for 15 minutes. Took a favorable ;) drop @ 190 and put it on the green. Two putt.

Since I was by myself with no one behind me I dropped several balls from 80 yards and in, including bunkers and extra putts, and kinda kept score with my original shot...kinda 'cause I cheated on 10 and 18. :D

Full disclosure: I rolled (improved my lie) the ball twice. 4i and 3w from heavy rough. LMAO. Both were par 5s. I could've hit a short iron and still got home.

Okay, I shot 43!

Awesome! So when you come down I can take breakfast balls and roll balls?

I'm all in BroRoller. I'll find a way to git 'er done!

SLED Gemini

Okay, I shot 43!

Awesome! So when you come down I can take breakfast balls and roll balls?

I'm all in BroRoller. I'll find a way to git 'er done!

I can play by the USGA book or by Radro/MC rules. Don't matter to me. It's still golf no matter what the hardcore guys say in the that other forum.

I have noticed that playing it down vs rolling it is much psychological as anything. Of course, when the rough is tall and you want to hit 3w or 4i it does make a little difference. ;)

I really shouldn't say this but WTH, lol. Cobi is very impressive. As you can

imagine considerably more skill is required with female plumbing.

Yeah, a 7 iron definitely wouldn't work... when my wife goes along with me being a runner, here's what she does... she xxxx then xxxxxx and xxx xxxxx so xxxxxx and finally xxxxxx... that usually works out best... I think the worst part is that women always seem to have to go pee together, like when you double date (what's up with that?) which I've never fully understood... I mean how weird if the four of us were to go out to eat and you were to say 'hey Sixty, gotta go? and I was to say 'yeah', and we were to grab our wallets and get up and go, ugh, but with the ladies, it's an unwritten law. So where was I? oh yeah, so on the course when there's no one else to do that with, there needs to be some modification... I don't know, maybe she should take her cell phone with a pic of a friend on it to keep her company, a PeePal

You guys are hilarious!! lol I've got no shame, I'll just haul it out anywhere and go. I could care less who gets the free show, If you don't wanna see then don't look hahaha

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

That's funny Pige... I can imagine checking in at a new course.. "9 or 18?" "I'll do 18... where's the restrooms?" "Down the hallway and to your left, they're cleaning them up right now though..." "No problem, I'll just go right here..." "Ah good, let me go

with you..." "nah, you're in the wrong post, I work alone..."

That's funny Pige... I can imagine checking in at a new course.. "9 or 18?" "I'll do 18... where's the restrooms?" "Down the hallway and to your left, they're cleaning them up right now though..." "No problem, I'll just go right here..." "Ah good, let me go

with you..." "nah, you're in the wrong post, I work alone..."

When you've spent almost 15 years doing New Home construction(8 of those were Foundation work) you learn to Go wherever, whenever lol. I used to cut off a 2' length of 12" Sono Tube(cardboard tubes for making round concrete posts/columns) and head off into the woods with my "Porta-Potti" all the time for a Duece lol. It was only in the last year or two that we actually started getting Real Pota-Potties on site haha.

One time a new guy that had come from out west dropped Deuce inside the foundation walls one day in the corner, used an empty 50lbs box of spikes and then proceeded to Bury It in the front yard hahaha. I wonder if the landscapers found his buried treasure?? :rofl:

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2