2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For crying out loud am I going to watch 7 quarters of playoff football with ONE TD by the Steelers offense? Horrible

fixed .

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

For crying out loud am I going to watch 7 straight quarters of playoff football with out ONE TD by the Steelers offense? Horrible

They scored a TD though.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Now with that last Patriot TD, do you have anything creative to answer and get the offense in gear Mr. Overrated Coach Tomlin???

For crying out loud am I going to watch 7 straight quarters of playoff football with out ONE TD by the Steelers offense? Horrible

They scored a TD though.

my bad ,the missed extra point threw me off..lol

2 blowout games...ugh

While I enjoy Pittsburgh getting killed, this has been a terrible conf championship Sunday.

I've grown to appreciate (and as a Browns fan, envy) the patriots. The Kraft, Belichek, Brady era has been just incredible.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

That young secondary certainly got schooled. Need another Troy back their to make it effective. And Haley? Two plays set the tone to me. Early 3rd and one and throw the bomb, why? First and goal at one foot with. 6'5" 240 pound Ben behind a really good oline and no sneak. Hurt not to have bell but would not have made a difference the way the secondary played. Good year. Improve the secondary get some better receivers and see if Haley can become a genius. Well maybe two out of three. Lol.

On 2nd thought the d cord needs to do some soul searching too - young secondary so play 3 man rush and 8 man zone. Can you game plan any worse against Brady and the pats? Don't want to leave mr butler out. Lol.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

That young secondary certainly got schooled. Need another Troy back their to make it effective. And Haley? Two plays set the tone to me. Early 3rd and one and throw the bomb, why? First and goal at one foot with. 6'5" 240 pound Ben behind a really good oline and no sneak. Hurt not to have bell but would not have made a difference the way the secondary played. Good year. Improve the secondary get some better receivers and see if Haley can become a genius. Well maybe two out of three. Lol.

On 2nd thought the d cord needs to do some soul searching too - young secondary so play 3 man rush and 8 man zone. Can you game plan any worse against Brady and the pats? Don't want to leave mr butler out. Lol.

Better receivers?! If you're not happy with AB, Rodgers, Coates, and Bryant, you tell 'em to hit the road (I-76) and make sure they hang a right when they hit I-70! LOL!

Better receivers?! If you're not happy with AB, Rodgers, Coates, and Bryant, you tell 'em to hit the road (I-76) and make sure they hang a right when they hit I-70! LOL!

Bryant didn't play and was a big reason they had to use rent a receiver this season. Coates nickname is hands of stone. Rogers is a keeper as an Undrafted player. Cobb Hamilton please! Hayward bey - yikes. Wheaton is good but yet another short yardage guy albeit with some ability to stretch the field. Not to mention missing heath. AB suffered greatly due to Bryant weed and year suspension. Zero deep threat. Allowed the pats to smother brown. Another year might help but really,really need a deep threat. Bryant can be it if he can stay in the league. Coates, well .... green is probably out of football due to concussions. James maybe.

So yeah Wheaton hurt, Bryant suspended, Heath retired. It was rent a receiver .

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Bryant didn't play and was a big reason they had to use rent a receiver this season. Coates nickname is hands of stone. Rogers is a keeper as an Undrafted player. Cobb Hamilton please! Hayward bey - yikes. Wheaton is good but yet another short yardage guy albeit with some ability to stretch the field. Not to mention missing heath. AB suffered greatly due to Bryant weed and year suspension. Zero deep threat. Allowed the pats to smother brown. Another year might help but really,really need a deep threat. Bryant can be it if he can stay in the league. Coates, well .... green is probably out of football due to concussions. James maybe.

Well, you know your team better than me. I've seen Coates and Rodgers get behind the coverage several times (didn't take advantage, but...). I think a lot of teams would gladly trade even up for Pittsburgh's receiving corps, even 2-4. Maybe even NE with their 3 slot receivers, lol.

While I enjoy Pittsburgh getting killed, this has been a terrible conf championship Sunday.

I've grown to appreciate (and as a Browns fan, envy) the patriots. The Kraft, Belichek, Brady era has been just incredible.

LeGarett Blount said it Best when asked what separates the Pats from the pack-

"We've got the greatest coach and greatest QB to ever play the game"

Whether they are the greatest ever makes for a nice debate but as far as being the greatest in the past 20 years??

I don't think that there is much of an argument there-

Oh, and regarding the defense-

Ya ain't gonna beat Bill, Brady et al. with a zone

NO WAY NO DAY NO HOW!!

When you have a QB like that, and bear in mind that he makes average white guys look like All Friggin World WR's, line man up and you bring it!!

You've gotta put serious pressure on him, literally be in his face or in his ribs and let your DB's man up and hopefully hold the fort down-

If I'm the DC and you tell or show me that you can't man up and cover two white average sized(5'10" & 6'1") average speed(4.5+) WR's???

You don't belong in the NFL!!

And no, it doesn't matter if they are white or black but you put those two guys on a team with an average QB, they don't do ****!!

Just as there are "system" QB's, so to are there "system" WR's, and most of them, at least in the NFL, are white-

They could have Troy, Donnie Shell, Mel Blount and Rod Woodson back there and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference-

This ain't HS or even College-

You give ANY top shelf NFL QB time, and he's gonna pick apart ANY Defense and DB-

Houston had the right idea, manning up, they just couldn't put points on the board-

You gotta have guys in his face all day and ya see that he threw a few pics-

He could Play against that Stiller D all day every day and never throw a pic unless a ball gets away from him-

Just my .03 worth of course ??

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Well, you know your team better than me. I've seen Coates and Rodgers get behind the coverage several times (didn't take advantage, but...). I think a lot of teams would gladly trade even up for Pittsburgh's receiving corps, even 2-4. Maybe even NE with their 3 slot receivers, lol.

Agree.

If Bryant can stay clean then they have a good #2 receiver that will free up AB from doubles. Wheaton comes back and if they can retain him along with Rodgers makes for

an good pair of backups. Coates and Hamilton might not be on the team next year and Hamilton might not even be on a team. Ben got on these receivers with his after the game comment about having to make "combat" catches. I don't think he was talking about Rodger, Brown, or James.

But they have the talent so frankly I'm more concerned about the two coordinators (and Tomlin's direction of them). To play NE with the same old zone scheme that they have picked up apart is crazy - you need to pressure Brady to make him average and play press man to man - it couldn't have been worse than yesterday and if they still don't have those types of DBs then they better get some cause I don't see Brady hanging it up anytime soon. I give Butler time - he did start 3 rookies on defense - 2 DB and Hargrave - I don't think any other team started that many.

Haley as the OC needs to have some kinda epiphany. No QB Sneak. Then a fade route to the number 5 (Hamilton) receiver on 4th down. Not to mention the 3rd and 1 bomb on the first drive when near mid field to Coates (pretty sure this is one of the combat catches Ben was talking about). Got the #1 scoring defense and didn't exactly see what offensive scheme they were running to exploit it but even still that QB sneak (or lack thereof) really changed the tenor - Steelers make it 17-13 (or 14) at the half getting the ball to start the 3rd and .... So many weapons yet struggle to score relative to that talent - and it really showed up in the last two playoff games.

Sigh. But there are those 6 rings and lots of playoff appearances all the way to the conference championship so it's hard to knock it too much since I look around at a long list of teams that would kill to have the Steeler's success since 1972 -in 45 years, 38 winning seasons, 30 playoff appearances, 16 AFC Champ games, 6-2 in SBs.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Matt Ryan will skip it due to the Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers says no thanks to the Pro Bowl.

So....

It is time for the substitute QB's to pack their bags and go enjoy the week with their colleagues in Orlando.

You go Kirk Cousins. Last Redskin QB to go to the Pro Bowl was Brad Johnson in 1999. RG 3 was voted into

the Pro Bowl in 2012 but could not attend due to a bum knee. Natch. That shows you

how long it has been since a successful QB has played for the Redskins. lol

Andy Dalton will replace Brady also.

Kirk threw for 4917 yards 25 TD's and 12 INT's this season.

Nice last minute adventure in store for the "you like that" kid.

Make the Go Green (MSU) nation proud Kirk.

As a 35 year Redskin fan,I hope you remain with the Skins.

Tip a few with the stars of the 2016 season. You earned it.

HTTR

Speaking of the Pro Bowl. I know it has fallen out of favor with many fans over the last few years.

I am going to watch because as a long time NFL Fan I will watch anything that involves NFL live action.

Yes I even watch a few preseason games. Well I am an addict. lol

Good thing they are returning to the original format of NFC v. AFC. The other format

was a little corny to me.

I am very interested in the this Thursday night's Skills Showdown. Takes a idea from the NBA All Star program.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000755941/article/pro-bowl-skills-showdown-announced

It also includes some NFL star players playing each other in Dodgeball ! Now that will produce a few laughs for sure.

Anyone else eager to watch?

So....

It is time for the substitute QB's to pack their bags and go enjoy the week with their colleagues in Orlando.

You go Kirk Cousins. Last Redskin QB to go to the Pro Bowl was Brad Johnson in 1999. RG 3 was voted into

the Pro Bowl in 2012 but could not attend due to a bum knee. Natch. That shows you

HTTR

Kyle Shanahan wants him in San Fran as his QB

Speaking of the Pro Bowl. I know it has fallen out of favor with many fans over the last few years.

I am going to watch because as a long time NFL Fan I will watch anything that involves NFL live action.

Good thing they are returning to the original format of NFC v. AFC. The other format

I am very interested in the this Thursday night's Skills Showdown. Takes a idea from the NBA All Star program.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000755941/article/pro-bowl-skills-showdown-announced

It also includes some NFL star players playing each other in Dodgeball ! Now that will produce a few laughs for sure.

Shame they don't do the old skills challenge they used to do. The 40 races to crown the fastest man in football were awesome. And they're not borrowing anything from the NBA, the NFL skills challenge predated the NBA one by a long way. They quit doing it in 2007 when they went to tape delay. Glad to see they're bringing it back in some form

Sorry touch but the pro bowl is hot garbage. Lol. Really hard to consider that bore fest "NFL live action" I'd rather watch the players wives play a powder puff game. They might actually tackle somebody.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Shame they don't do the old skills challenge they used to do. The 40 races to crown the fastest man in football were awesome. And they're not borrowing anything from the NBA, the NFL skills challenge predated the NBA one by a long way. They quit doing it in 2007 when they went to tape delay. Glad to see they're bringing it back in some form

Thanks for the correction. My memory did not remember back to the skills challenge. They had it as recently as 2007?

Oops!

Sorry touch but the pro bowl is hot garbage. Lol. Really hard to consider that bore fest "NFL live action" I'd rather watch the players wives play a powder puff game. They might actually tackle somebody.

Oh my! Player's wives? Kind of like watching the wonder boy Mark Rypien's daughter that starred in the Lingerie Football League ?

http://blog.redskins.com/tag/angela-rypien/

http://lingeriefootballleague.blogspot.com/2014/12/lingerie-football-league-angela-rypien_14.html

Speaking of ties between Super Bowl winning Redskins and the lingerie league, Gary Clark the bad a** ex Redskin WR

was a head coach of the Baltimore Charm team..lol Purple and black colors too. How 'bout it Crab, did you catch a game?

https://www.google.com/search?q=gary+clark+lingerie+football+coach&rlz=1C1OPRB_enUS726US727&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6qNTQytnRAhVDQCYKHQbBBpMQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1#imgrc=Zo1RAPwq9wM9pM%3A

We all have our opinions, but hot garbage is a tad rough don't you think?

You think they should just scrap the whole thing? It is kind of a like a frat party vacation for the players though.

Some take the wives. Some carry on like Warren Sapp. Some play golf too. I wonder what the viewership numbers over the last 15 years have been.

So....

HTTR

Kyle Shanahan wants him in San Fran as his QB

Damn straight he does. Let Kyle take RG ME from Cleveland..lol

He better not go. He might get a few more million to hit San Fran though.

I wish only the best for Cousins. Some rare humility in that guy. He can toss a nice deep ball too !

Love how our offensive line gelled just right when he became the starter over RG....cough...

If they let him go it will be another endless search for a serviceable QB.

As I have said before on this thread, as long as Jay Gruden is Head Coach he is probably not going

anywhere except into a much bigger house in Northern Virginia.

KYMAR,

As one of the regulars on this thread all NFL season long, I think I should put out the Welcome Mat.

You are royalty on the Wrx wicked clown man. Why did you not chime in until Championship weekend?

Did you only read our ramblings and not have a take?

We must have missed out on a lot of colorful posts for 17 weeks! You now know I am the Redskin man around here.

So too bad the brittle man ended up in Clee'burg buddy. Your Browns would have done better taking Colt McCoy and

I am serious.

Welcome to our thread filled with passionate NFL addicts and experts on all things pigskin. lol

We are known to discuss wagering too, so full disclosure to those with a gambling jones.

I hate to be a downer, but is this the worst two weeks of the NFL season? Obviously, if you're in Baaston or, especially, Atlanta, you are very excited! Otherwise, we're talking about only two teams, who we've been talking about all season. Everything worthwhile has been said, but it will get repeated ad nauseum. The only thing that hasn't been said is the TMZ-like gossip that the media pretends is reporting.

Yes, I can not watch or listen to football shows or sports-talk, but it's tough when you're a fan... moth - flame... you know how that goes, LOL!

And, it all leads up to the most cringe-worthy moment in all of sports, when the winning team ogles the Lombardi Trophy as it is carried to the podium. Creepy. (I do turn off the TV for that part).

That's off my chest, so I'm good.

FWIW, Patriots 33 Falcons 28

I hate to be a downer, but is this the worst two weeks of the NFL season? Obviously, if you're in Baaston or, especially, Atlanta, you are very excited! Otherwise, we're talking about only two teams, who we've been talking about all season. Everything worthwhile has been said, but it will get repeated ad nauseum. The only thing that hasn't been said is the TMZ-like gossip that the media pretends is reporting.

Yes, I can not watch or listen to football shows or sports-talk, but it's tough when you're a fan... moth - flame... you know how that goes, LOL!

We're not friends anymore

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

so no take on the Pro Bowl Crab?

You joining KYMAR in a turn off?

The Falcons just scored again on the Pack!

lol Bears fan?

We're not friends anymore

LOL! I have to keep picking against the Falcons at this point, so I can say, "See, I told you they weren't that good." My disastrous prediction record can't be salvaged, so my only hope is to be right in the end, LOL.

I will be happy for you and them if the Falcons win. We could use some new blood on top of the league for a while. I like Quinn and they have put together an explosive, well-balanced offense. So, I have nothing against the Birds. I have under-estimated them up to this point, and, perhaps, still am... but Vegas agrees with me.

so no take on the Pro Bowl Crab?

You joining KYMAR in a turn off?

What's the betting line?

No line posted as of today on the Pro Bowl.

You and I might have to bet a taco on the game though.

You being the AFC man that you are, and I know the NFC is a better conference, always is.

I might be a tad biased though. Since childhood my teams have been the Lions, Cardinals, and Redskins. lol