Fubuki's - still relevant??

cardoustie

Absolutely. Many tour pros play shafts from many many years ago. If you find a shaft that works for you then it is relevant. I have a shaft from 2010 in my 2015 driver. In 2014 and last year, I would say I have tried 15+ shafts because I felt like I needed a newer shaft. Well none of them performed as well.

• 9 months later...

Fubuki K will be out of production once the new Fubuki V is out. Still one of my favorite shaft of all time, but the new V is actually better if my initial testing is of any indication at all. Compared the Fubuki to Kuro Kage or Matrix Q, I believe Fubuki has a very different profile and characteristics to those shafts.

Fubuki K will be out of production once the new Fubuki V is out. Still one of my favorite shaft of all time, but the new V is actually better if my initial testing is of any indication at all. Compared the Fubuki to Kuro Kage or Matrix Q, I believe Fubuki has a very different profile and characteristics to those shafts.

Can you clarify the differences?

We have a guy on our panel that still uses an old Fubuki Tour Prototype. It's a 7084X I believe. He kills it, and there isn't really anything he can find with a similar balance point and still ultra low spin. I've hit it several times and it's still a really good product. If it suits you, Fubuki is unique enough in the balance and feel that it can be hard to replace.

For me, those two don't come close to the K, I've had my best no,s. with the K in two different heads, Razr Fit & 816 DBD, that says something.

The KK tini is a good shaft but for me it launched like the A ( lower) than the K but spun a little more based on the shorter distances, also I lost quite a few to the left which I almost never do with the K. The feel is good though & if I didn't know, I could easily have been swinging a Blue Board & would be able to tell the difference.

But to be fair, the KKt was 60x & the K 70x, I might not have lost them left if it was heavier???

I have swung a 815 dbd with a Matrix 6Q something x & got a hybrid distances due to over spinning it I believe, sky high & zero roll, after two try's, my mind was made up & did not try it again!!!

All of the above being said, I did not find the 7m3 as low launching as people say it is & had some very good results with it, mid flight, low spin & tight dispersion, come to think of it, I tried this shaft at 9 deg, it could've potentially launched closer to the K if I jacked up the loft slightly & maybe had similar results.

We have a guy on our panel that still uses an old Fubuki Tour Prototype. It's a 7084X I believe. He kills it, and there isn't really anything he can find with a similar balance point and still ultra low spin. I've hit it several times and it's still a really good product. If it suits you, Fubuki is unique enough in the balance and feel that it can be hard to replace.

True, I've tried all sorts of shafts since I started playing a Fubuki & I just can't move away from them!

I have recently been tweaking a XR16 Pro with a Fujiura Pro 63x & 73 x & I truly feel that this is the closest I've come to,the Fubuki feel & performance.

True, I've tried all sorts of shafts since I started playing a Fubuki & I just can't move away from them!

I have recently been tweaking a XR16 Pro with a Fujiura Pro 63x & 73 x & I truly feel that this is the closest I've come to,the Fubuki feel & performance.

Interesting you say that. Last year when I was being fitted for a M1, the best shaft for me was the Fujikura Pro 63 and for the fairways, the Fujikura Pro 73. Previously I used the Fubuki Alpha 60s and 70s for the fairways. Saturday I am picking up my BB Fusions that I had the stock shaft swapped out with the Fujikura Pro 73.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Haven't used a Fubuki successfully in a driver of late, but the Fubuki AX 85 and K 80 will always be two of my favorite FW shafts. Still have a K 70 that I'll try with one of these new lower spin heads.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I love the fubuki J, seems like I'm the only one. Very smooth. Tip is just a tad bit soft but I it's definitely a gamer.

The J worked for me in a Ping G30 head, but that was it. Couldn't get it work anywhere else. Good shaft too, forgot about that one.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I still love the OG Tour 73 & the ZT60.

I don't care what anyone said about the ZT as a "Made For" that thing could straight up make a SLDR 460 9.5 FLY!!!!

I'm planning on dropping a Tour in my M1 440 when it arrives. I think it will give it the launch & spin I'm looking for.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

For me, those two don't come close to the K, I've had my best no,s. with the K in two different heads, Razr Fit & 816 DBD, that says something.

The KK tini is a good shaft but for me it launched like the A ( lower) than the K but spun a little more based on the shorter distances, also I lost quite a few to the left which I almost never do with the K. The feel is good though & if I didn't know, I could easily have been swinging a Blue Board & would be able to tell the difference.

But to be fair, the KKt was 60x & the K 70x, I might not have lost them left if it was heavier???

I have swung a 815 dbd with a Matrix 6Q something x & got a hybrid distances due to over spinning it I believe, sky high & zero roll, after two try's, my mind was made up & did not try it again!!!

All of the above being said, I did not find the 7m3 as low launching as people say it is & had some very good results with it, mid flight, low spin & tight dispersion, come to think of it, I tried this shaft at 9 deg, it could've potentially launched closer to the K if I jacked up the loft slightly & maybe had similar results.

I think this pretty sums up the difference between those. I think the fact that Fubuki K is counter-balanced might have play a part of preventing you from going left...

I don't care what anyone said about the ZT as a "Made For" that thing could straight up make a SLDR 460 9.5 FLY!!!!

I'm planning on dropping a Tour in my M1 440 when it arrives. I think it will give it the launch & spin I'm looking for.

I found with the SLDR is spinning too low at that time and the ZT is about a mid-spin shaft, so it actually helps you keep the ball in the air...

I think this pretty sums up the difference between those. I think the fact that Fubuki K is counter-balanced might have play a part of preventing you from going left...

I found with the SLDR is spinning too low at that time and the ZT is about a mid-spin shaft, so it actually helps you keep the ball in the air...

Bingo!!! & the ZT had 40 Ton Carbon, it was a VERY well made shaft!!! I a 60 with a TP Sleeve for Drivers & a 70 with a TP sleeve for my m1 15.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Interesting you say that. Last year when I was being fitted for a M1, the best shaft for me was the Fujikura Pro 63 and for the fairways, the Fujikura Pro 73. Previously I used the Fubuki Alpha 60s and 70s for the fairways. Saturday I am picking up my BB Fusions that I had the stock shaft swapped out with the Fujikura Pro 73.

You guys would probably really like the V3 Tensei Orange, the version Rickie Fowler was playing. It kind of reminds me of the Fubuki proto.

You guys would probably really like the V3 Tensei Orange, the version Rickie Fowler was playing. It kind of reminds me of the Fubuki proto.

I ordered my Callaway Epic with the Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted. Based on specs, the LZ should be close to the feel and performance of the Alpha and Pro 63 with added kick of the Loading Zone design. I really like the feel and performance of the LZ iron shaft. I am hoping for the same with the LZ 60.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Tensei Orange V3 is a counter-balanced Tensei White, no?

Tensei Orange V3 is a counter-balanced Tensei White, no?

Basically yes, with a little more butt stiffness.

I love the fubuki J, seems like I'm the only one. Very smooth. Tip is just a tad bit soft but I it's definitely a gamer.

Well you might not be the only one, I absolutely loved the results of the J but it is a tad too counter balanced for me, the driver just felt way too different to what I'm used to.

I went back & forth to the range with this one but could not get used to the feel, still with good results but I decided to stick with my K. The performance was that good that I have kept the J for sometime in the future!

Sorry!!!! I know this is a Fubuki Thread!

Well Well Well, Last night at the range I actually just fitted my Fuji Pro 63x into my buddy's 9* Fusion, this thing is sick, it carries just as far as my gamer but I was hitting frozen ropes none stop.

I don't really care about shaping my driver & if I could hit it dead straight all day I'd be the happiest guy around, last night was ridiculous.

My Fubuki K in that head was killer too!!

Sorry!!!! I know this is a Fubuki Thread!

Well Well Well, Last night at the range I actually just fitted my Fuji Pro 63x into my buddy's 9* Fusion, this thing is sick, it carries just as far as my gamer but I was hitting frozen ropes none stop.

I don't really care about shaping my driver & if I could hit it dead straight all day I'd be the happiest guy around, last night was ridiculous.

My Fubuki K in that head was killer too!!

I found the stock Recoil in the Fusion was longer but the Fuji Pro 63 was much straighter and just a little shorter.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Well you might not be the only one, I absolutely loved the results of the J but it is a tad too counter balanced for me, the driver just felt way too different to what I'm used to.

I went back & forth to the range with this one but could not get used to the feel, still with good results but I decided to stick with my K. The performance was that good that I have kept the J for sometime in the future!

The V is very much like the K, only better. It spins lower, IMO. But I only played it for 9 holes, alternating with 2017 Diamana X, with no range time.

Fubuki k and Fubuki J are great shafts. I think if more people tested them they would be in a lot more bags. It doesn't help that they were never a stock shaft.

I always thought they were somewhat similar to the ad di, high or mid/launch. But they are 1/3 of the price of you wait. I have no problem recommending them.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

Fubuki k and Fubuki J are great shafts. I think if more people tested them they would be in a lot more bags. It doesn't help that they were never a stock shaft.

I always thought they were somewhat similar to the ad di, high or mid/launch. But they are 1/3 of the price of you wait. I have no problem recommending them.

In my opinion, once a shaft gets into any OEM products, it will diminish its image. No body wants to pay extra for something that they can get for 'free' and not all of us understands that whatever the OEM put in their product, in most cases, are NOT the same as the after market ones.

I've never kept up with the Fubuki line since the original Tours but somehow I ended up with a ZT80 in a VR Ltd 3 wood. The ZT has surprised me, it launches lower than my Rogue Black 80 and Diamana S+82 but doesn't seem to respond well at all to aggressive swings. I can step on the other two and they stay predictable but the ZT works much better for me with smooth swings. It looks nice and has a great feel but it's just not the one for me. For a mid/mid control type swinger it could be a good option, especially considering the current prices.

MP-650 9.5° Rogue Silver 70X
TEE CB Pro 15.5° D+ 82X
XCG7 Beta 19° NV 85X
Cleveland CG1 Tour 3-pw DG X200
588 DSG RTG 52°/58° DG S300
Guerin Tour Spec 35"
Z-Star XV gen. 1

The Fubuki K 80X is still the best fairway wood shaft I've ever hit -

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter