Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Stu puts a lot of himself out here on display. Such a cool guy.

Saw Linda R once in concert. No one could rock a flower behind one ear or don neckwear like her. What was so memorable about the one performance I was lucky to hear live was her dynamic range. College days FWIW. She stepped out to the edge of the stage and sang a tune a capella. Her little voice could crank it up with enough volume to fill that place - and back to a smaller/quieter voice - at will and with full control - no mic - just her and that voice. They say she's not in the best of health these days.

Yeah, she has Parkinson's, can't sing a note, too bad... Now she says she just sits in the house and reads pretty much...

Be careful Stu and Rad, all those miles- wow I can't imagine.

Saw Linda R once in concert. No one could rock a flower behind one ear or don neckwear like her. What was so memorable about the one performance I was lucky to hear live was her dynamic range. College days FWIW. She stepped out to the edge of the stage and sang a tune a capella. Her little voice could crank it up with enough volume to fill that place - and back to a smaller/quieter voice - at will and with full control - no mic - just her and that voice. They say she's not in the best of health these days.

Yeah, she has Parkinson's, can't sing a note, too bad... Now she says she just sits in the house and reads pretty much...

Ya, I wiki'd her last night and saw she has Parkinson's. Awful. My dad

had it. I didn't realize she's 70 years old already.

Many of my favorite songs of hers were not the big covers she did but more

the ones that brought light to other songwriters, like Karla Bonoff or Elvis

Costello.

I wonder sometimes when an artist does a song like "When I Grow too Old to

Dream", when they are young like she was........do they ever think about it now.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I wonder sometimes when an artist does a song like "When I Grow too Old to

Dream", when they are young like she was........do they ever think about it now.

Well, regardless she still looks amazing! And it's nice to see that her sense of humour is still intact.

I've often though that the demise if you will of our cohort that fame and fortune smiled upon have crammed a lot of living into a short timeframe and there is only so much living that we are all capable of whether it comes early in life or later. Call it natures sense of balance.

So much in this world is a young persons game at least in terms of the pinnacle of achievement when our physical gifts are at their peak. I still believe that she can sing, but not to the standard that she would be satisfied with thus her decision. We all know the examples of those who couldn't put it down before their expiry date and became a sad shadow of their former selves. Kudos to her for not becoming one of those!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thanks for that Sixty. I had not seen that before. She was always one of my fav female vocalists. Amazing range. Sad to see her in decline.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Speaking of Linda I got to intone her name on Thursday's round. I hit back to back drives past my son in law which is very rare and called them Linda Ronstadts. He did not have a clue and it loses everything when you have to splain to him the blew by you. I had little else to brag about.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Speaking of Linda I got to intone her name on Thursday's round. I hit back to back drives past my son in law which is very rare and called them Linda Ronstadts. He did not have a clue and it loses everything when you have to splain to him the blew by you. I had little else to brag about.

You have to take whatever brag presents itself. :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Scotee - That counts as a two-banger. Once for the nice drive(s) - and again for cranking out the "splaining" of what just occurred. Hey yours truly got out there today and I totally relate to otherwise not really caring to share. I'd may be willing to discuss 16 holes even though half of those were nothing to brag about. There were two holes I'm in the process of erasing from memory.

But - I sure had a blast. Sounds like you did, too. It wasn't at a course as cool as the ones you got to - but that's wasn't the issue. Way too much operator error was going on here. Hope all is well. I'm always trying to turn that mass my fiend. When she turns rather than slips laterally - good things happen. And holy cow - I really got schooled by the grain today. May have read two putts all day correctly - and those were my only tap-ins. lol.

Anyone ever misread a putt that looks for all the world to maybe be two cups out - and watched it turn 4+ feet? Am I the only one on this planet who misreads a break by four feet? You can say "yes" - it won't hurt my feelings.

Phew - such a goofy game we play.

Scotee - That counts as a two-banger. Once for the nice drive(s) - and again for cranking out the "splaining" of what just occurred. Hey yours truly got out there today and I totally relate to otherwise not really caring to share. I'd may be willing to discuss 16 holes even though half of those were nothing to brag about. There were two holes I'm in the process of erasing from memory.

But - I sure had a blast. Sounds like you did, too. It wasn't at a course as cool as the ones you got to - but that's wasn't the issue. Way too much operator error was going on here. Hope all is well. I'm always trying to turn that mass my fiend. When she turns rather than slips laterally - good things happen. And holy cow - I really got schooled by the grain today. May have read two putts all day correctly - and those were my only tap-ins. lol.

Anyone ever misread a putt that looks for all the world to maybe be two cups out - and watched it turn 4+ feet? Am I the only one on this planet who misreads a break by four feet? You can say "yes" - it won't hurt my feelings.

I thought the first attempt at a putt always resulted in the ball being at least 4ft from the cup. Now you are telling me it can be closer? Think I may have to reassess my game plan.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I thought the first attempt at a putt always resulted in the ball being at least 4ft from the cup. Now you are telling me it can be closer? Think I may have to reassess my game plan.

Mr. Tol, it may all be relative. If your 1st putt started at 3 feet, well.... lol.

Mr. Reason, I bet Sixty comes along in the morning and explains Aimpoint. There's an art to feeling the break with your feet but it does work. I don't use it much but it does have merit. I like to walk halfway between on what I think is the low side. If it doesn't feel right, I'll walk the other side. I've misread breaks by 4ft and missed the cup by 8. Lol. I knew I had to come up with something. The other trick I have is to hit it just inside my playing partners ball. Be sure to thank him if you make the putt. Lol. I've heard our friend Pigems speak of just aiming for the hole on your approach shot. I've only holed out a few of these (passive brag) in all my years playing but that idea has merit as well....I think.

Mr. Tol, it may all be relative. If your 1st putt started at 3 feet, well.... lol.

Mr. Reason, I bet Sixty comes along in the morning and explains Aimpoint. There's an art to feeling the break with your feet but it does work. I don't use it much but it does have merit. I like to walk halfway between on what I think is the low side. If it doesn't feel right, I'll walk the other side. I've misread breaks by 4ft and missed the cup by 8. Lol. I knew I had to come up with something. The other trick I have is to hit it just inside my playing partners ball. Be sure to thank him if you make the putt. Lol. I've heard our friend Pigems speak of just aiming for the hole on your approach shot. I've only holed out a few of these (passive brag) in all my years playing but that idea has merit as well....I think.

All advice on green reading is welcome. May as well have been reading a palm - Beowulf - a blog on decalcifying a toilet. LMAO!

You are making the assumption I know what I am doing. Three feet seems very close to me, hitting the green is a challeng. :)

One of our South Australian clubs did an aim point clinic, those that attended said it was well worth it, unfortunately that is a long long way from where I live.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well guys it is back to the grind after 10 wonderful days of vacation. Went up today and checked my Big Truck is fueled and loaded for tomorrow. They even serviced it for me while I was on vacation. So during the week you will not hear that much from me but will check in from time to time and will catch up early on the weekend as usual. Gone to bed in a few 0400 comes mighty early

Glad you had a nice vacay Stuey. Just got back from mine too. And yes back to the grind tomorrow.

LOL literally for you --- ohh they call it drilling don't they?-- But then again I guess you grind when doing caps the two I had done years ago they had me knocked out so I have no idea what the Dentist did

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Well I dodged a major bullet yesterday. First off I will say the Good Lord was riding with me which he does any how.

I was coming back after my first unload about 3 miles from the shredder and blew a left front steer tire. Luckily there was no one beside me when it jerked dead left. One of the other regular shred drivers was on the other side of the 4 lane. He saw it He told me later he saw the dust fly and when I jerked it right the tire came off the rim and the rim hit the ground for a few it was touch and go and rock and roll. The tire rolled into the creek down below. All of us regular drivers even though we work for different companies are a tight knit bunch. Heck he turned around and two other drivers stopped to help also. I was ok did not tear the truck up. They did have to replace both tire and rim. I got it fixed collected myself and did the second run and my run this morning. Wednesday is my regular scheduled short day so now I am home. I ain't going to lie it scared me and I had the shakes. I had called in and my running partner also called in. The boss asked if I was ok to drive in and I told him yep. When I got in I started switching out trailers for the return trip he asked if I was alright with it. I told him if I did not keep going I might not ever get back in a truck again. I did not want to go home and brood on it. Driving a truck relaxes me for some reason always has I guess I just like driving them. My cousin always said I had a funny way of getting over things because one year when I was racing I rolled a race car 2 times end over end and soft rolled 2 times side to side. This was in the heat race. 1 hour later I was in my back up car in the main ran 4th. Told him the same thing If I had not got back in one then and there I may never have gotten in one again.

The owner of the company talked to me today asking what happened and I told him- He is not a religious man but he agreed with my assessment. Something else we talked about how lucky I was that no one was beside me and I was not hauling a tall stack as we call it. That is when you have 2 or 3 cars on top of the scrap. That tends to get top heavy not dangerous If you drive with some sense but you have to be cautious.

Like I said the Good Lord rides with me. One of the guys on the yard not being mocking in any way said " I bet he will think twice about riding with your crazy butt from now on" That was in reply to me saying "That the Lord was in the jump seat asleep and woke up and grabbed the wheel"---- I make cynical cracks sometimes to ease tension---

My miles are a drop in the bucket compaired to what Rad and Cobi run every week--- Now I am running about 2100 miles in 5 days but I do sleep at home every night--- Funny thing about my job that old junky washing machine I hauled today might be someone's new car in a couple of weeks.

I was beside a truck that blew a trailer mid axle tire. I was on the right and the tire was on the left. Sounded like a bomb went off and the trailer literally bounced like it went over a rock or something. It was pretty much instantaneous and then the smoke and debris followed indicating what had happened. I backed off to allow the driver to get the rig pulled over on the shoulder. I was very thankful I wasn't on the other side because I imagine the explosion would have sent me into the guard rail. It all happened so fast that there wasn't time to be scared, you just reacted and then the seriousness of what had happened began to set in.

I still drive the same stretch of highway everyday I work at the golf course. I've seen a lot of dummies driving do stupid stuff like cutting off a tractor trailer in an attempt to save a few seconds by lane hopping. No wonder there are so many traffic fatalities. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded handgun!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So happy to read that you are alright Stu. That had to be one scary experience.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Well I dodged a major bullet yesterday. First off I will say the Good Lord was riding with me which he does any how.

I was coming back after my first unload about 3 miles from the shredder and blew a left front steer tire. Luckily there was no one beside me when it jerked dead left. One of the other regular shred drivers was on the other side of the 4 lane. He saw it He told me later he saw the dust fly and when I jerked it right the tire came off the rim and the rim hit the ground for a few it was touch and go and rock and roll. The tire rolled into the creek down below. All of us regular drivers even though we work for different companies are a tight knit bunch. Heck he turned around and two other drivers stopped to help also. I was ok did not tear the truck up. They did have to replace both tire and rim. I got it fixed collected myself and did the second run and my run this morning. Wednesday is my regular scheduled short day so now I am home. I ain't going to lie it scared me and I had the shakes. I had called in and my running partner also called in. The boss asked if I was ok to drive in and I told him yep. When I got in I started switching out trailers for the return trip he asked if I was alright with it. I told him if I did not keep going I might not ever get back in a truck again. I did not want to go home and brood on it. Driving a truck relaxes me for some reason always has I guess I just like driving them. My cousin always said I had a funny way of getting over things because one year when I was racing I rolled a race car 2 times end over end and soft rolled 2 times side to side. This was in the heat race. 1 hour later I was in my back up car in the main ran 4th. Told him the same thing If I had not got back in one then and there I may never have gotten in one again.

The owner of the company talked to me today asking what happened and I told him- He is not a religious man but he agreed with my assessment. Something else we talked about how lucky I was that no one was beside me and I was not hauling a tall stack as we call it. That is when you have 2 or 3 cars on top of the scrap. That tends to get top heavy not dangerous If you drive with some sense but you have to be cautious.

Like I said the Good Lord rides with me. One of the guys on the yard not being mocking in any way said " I bet he will think twice about riding with your crazy butt from now on" That was in reply to me saying "That the Lord was in the jump seat asleep and woke up and grabbed the wheel"---- I make cynical cracks sometimes to ease tension---

Wow! SO, SO glad you're okay, my friend. Reading this has made me stop and think how attached I am to all of you.

Be safe out there, Big Stu.

Wow, glad you're alright Stu, I had a steer go flat on me once but, thankfully,

have never had one blow. It would scare the crap outta me too.

I keep a sharp eye on the steers. As soon as they start to cup or the steering

wheel starts to shake a little I get them replaced.

But no way you can know if you happen to get one with a weak side wall. I've

had a few of those but thankfully they weren't steers.

SLED Gemini

I was beside a truck that blew a trailer mid axle tire. I was on the right and the tire was on the left. Sounded like a bomb went off and the trailer literally bounced like it went over a rock or something. It was pretty much instantaneous and then the smoke and debris followed indicating what had happened. I backed off to allow the driver to get the rig pulled over on the shoulder. I was very thankful I wasn't on the other side because I imagine the explosion would have sent me into the guard rail. It all happened so fast that there wasn't time to be scared, you just reacted and then the seriousness of what had happened began to set in.

I still drive the same stretch of highway everyday I work at the golf course. I've seen a lot of dummies driving do stupid stuff like cutting off a tractor trailer in an attempt to save a few seconds by lane hopping. No wonder there are so many traffic fatalities. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded handgun!

99.9% of trailer tires that blow are recaps. I think recaps on trucks/trailers should be

illegal......but I don't get to make the rules.

I'm glad the company I work for only puts virgin tires on our equipment and we never

have tires blow like that.

When we used to run for Schneider and had a heavy load we could almost count on

a trailer cap blowing enroute. We've had them blow the tire next to them and take out

the mudflap and bracket also. Then Schneider would tell us to put on the flashers on and

drive to a truckstop to get everything fixed. Thankfully no people or vehicles were ever

harmed when we blew a cap. And ya, they are LOUD when they blow.

You get out on any of the interstates you'll see tire cap pieces all over the road and

shoulders. Truckers call a tire cap piece in a highway lane an "alligator". So if you

ever hear truckers talking about alligators, you now know what they are, lol.

SLED Gemini

Wow Stu, if you were a cat that would be 8 out of your 9 in one go.

You have to get back in quickly or you may just give it up, the most difficult time I had was when I was T boned by a red light runner. It took ages to get the insurance worked out and purchase another car. Driving it away from the dealership was difficult.

Caps on any tyres should be illegal, they called them retreads in the UK, they were a popular cheap purchase. On some of the larger tyres they used to recut the tread with a knife, usually down to the canvas.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You folks may remember the Firestone debacle about 12-15 years ago. The wife and our two kids had a tire literally explode on them during an in-town drive. No one was hurt thankfully although the guys who sold me those tires came close to meeting my axe.

Like Tol, Rad, MC, and all others - glad to hear Stu is still riding high in the saddle.

My miles are a drop in the bucket compaired to what Rad and Cobi run every week--- Now I am running about 2100 miles in 5 days but I do sleep at home every night--- Funny thing about my job that old junky washing machine I hauled today might be someone's new car in a couple of weeks.

2100 is NOT small change by yourself in a 5 day week bro. We only average

5-6K a week between the 2 of us working a 7 day week. Some weeks we

might run 7K but those are the exception.

So we are running 2500-3000 each per 7 day week so you are running about

the same as we are as a daily average. The difference is we run in spurts.

We'll run 2500 miles in 2 days and then on the day we deliver we may only

run a few hundred to go get the next load and we'll spend most of the day

sitting around while I post on WRX, lol.

SLED Gemini

For health reasons Jason Day is going to be wearing the swoosh.

Here's to good health!! :drinks:

SLED Gemini

What is a swoosh? Us Australians do sometimes get lost on American sites. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Swoosh = Nike

Jason just signed to wear Nike clothes, hat and shoes, supposedly for the paltry

sum of just $10 million per year.

SLED Gemini

Swoosh = Nike

Jason just signed to wear Nike clothes, hat and shoes, supposedly for the paltry

Have to sell a boat load of stuff to get that money back

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Swoosh = Nike

Have to sell a boat load of stuff to get that money back

Ya, they lose 10 cents per hat but they make it up in volume. :D

SLED Gemini

Thanks guys in over 35 years of trucking on and off this was my second steer tire blow out. I had only had been driving a year or 2 and had one blow on an old GMC. Tore down a guard rail in Alabama and totalled the truck. I broke 6 ribs when I hit the steering wheel. That was the only time I have ever wrecked a truck. I did not get to immediately hop back in one I was out of work for 2 months. I figured on this one I had the chance to hop right back in so I did. This was a fairly new tire one of the original ones that came on the truck and had 82k on it and had good tread. Like I told the owner of the company this whole deal was weird. I had the windows down in the truck because it was early and cool outside and there was no POW! just a sorta muffled WHOOP! and then things went South quickly so to speak. It was a Bridgestone tire too and I am not too keen on Bridgestone tires. The boss ended up having another NEW matching steer put on the RF since I was off yesterday afternoon. Those tires in the heavy truck use have a reputation for soft sidewalls. We ended up putting Hankook steers on it which is what I had on my old unit. They have thick sidewalls and hold up good in our severe service usage. By what one of the other drivers I know said he saw I am firmly convinced the sidewall came out. He also was the one who told me the tire went into the creek when it came off. I came home and wet to bed about 4;00 yesterday afternoon and just got up so I am on here for a few

2100 is NOT small change by yourself in a 5 day week bro. We only average

5-6K a week between the 2 of us working a 7 day week. Some weeks we

might run 7K but those are the exception.

So we are running 2500-3000 each per 7 day week so you are running about

the same as we are as a daily average. The difference is we run in spurts.

We'll run 2500 miles in 2 days and then on the day we deliver we may only

run a few hundred to go get the next load and we'll spend most of the day

sitting around while I post on WRX, lol.

Stu, glad to hear you're OK!

Man, you guys do a few miles here and there. The most I have done in a weekend would be driving to and from Phoenix (about 730 miles), so I would still be behind you guys. Also, I'm not rowing a boat with more than 10 gears... it was an autostick. ;)

Speaking of cars, the new car has been in the shop since Monday no thanks to the dealer damaging the front driver's side alloy wheel while trying to perform the post-receipt detailing (got the car late at night and detailing was off already). New wheel up front and the body shop guys are removing a scratch on the deck that was there on day 1, and the scratch is what is holding things up. Hard to dry layers of paint and clear coat when it was drizzling (seriously!) a day ago. Too humid to work fast and I want it right, not right now.

In golf news, I've been getting shown up by a "snot nosed hoodlum" who works at the local PGA Superstore... dude can hit the ball for miles! He's about 20 and hits a 6 iron in the 190-200 range, and loves to show off his 290+ drives on the simulator. I remind him who is the 4.4 index and who is the 12.5, and that usually works... for a couple minutes. I would love to get him on a narrow course with rough and see how he holds up to me in the fairway and him ... somewhere else. :)

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)