Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Spooky,

The same as Conrad, we have been down the steroid path for DW pain, it worked very briefly once, the other times it was a waste of time and money.

Having been in engineering for much of my working life, the one thing that is always avoided is treating the symptoms and not the underlying problem, this to my mind is what the doctors are doing, get rid of the pain and all is good.

We are now going to give your exercise regime a try, it cannot make the pain any worse than it is so we are hoping for an improvement.

This is why we are all in the Grille, so much knowledge shared amongst us without anyone trying to one up each other. Report back will be given after trying the fix.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Congrats to Brooks on the back-to-back victories at the US Open. He certainly deserved it as he handled the pressure of the situation the best. :good:

Went out this afternoon with #1 son to the movies. In years past we would go golfing on Father's Day, but thought better of the idea this year, at least just yet. We saw the latest edition of Star Wars films: Solo. Pretty typical for the franchise and filled in a bit of the back-story to that character and how the seeds of the rebellion were sown. Afterwards we went to a local roadhouse patio for beer and wings. #2 son called from BC at that point and we ended up having a nice chat with him on speakerphone as we talked about the up coming trip out west. All in all a fine day spent with my sons even though one was at a distance. :) I hope that all the rest of you had a good day with your kids!

Thanks to Spooky for posting the exercise tip. I was doing it as I read his post. Pretty straight forward. I will incorporate it into my routine.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Pop quiz.

How do you pronounce Mizuno?

In Japan I learned how it is supposed to be pronounced, and I'm pretty sure we all say it wrong.

So how are we supposed to say it?

Here is a link for how most of us probably say it: http://accentperfect.com/pronunciation/mizuno/

Here is a link for how they say it in Japan (The second pronounciation is more clear): https://forvo.com/word/mizuno/

Pop quiz.

How do you pronounce Mizuno?

In Japan I learned how it is supposed to be pronounced, and I'm pretty sure we all say it wrong.

MIZU NO lol i think we have been pronouncing a lot of their words wrong ! They have a very strong inflection on the 2nd syllable?

here ya go, brought to you by Mizuno :)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxNzMZfnK8[/media]

lol i was in the same general area.....somewhat !

That is an awesome video!

The U.S. Open, Shinnecock Hills, and the greens. One person's observation.

The greens looked to be as dried out as the local muni in August. Did they loose it? For the afternoon round, yeah they did. In the quest to make the course and greens as difficult as possible, decisions were made that went beyond being prudent. They tried to walk the fine edge between difficult and unplayable and got burned (no pun intended). By all accounts the conditions changed dramatically from the morning rounds to what we saw in the afternoon. Saw a number of shots that were penalized by the conditions and they shape of the greens. If one hits an iron shot into the center of the green, the ball should not roll 30 yards off the backside.

The superintendent at a course like Shinnecock is in the top echelon of his profession. They have the best turf grass management knowledge, understand the dynamics and idiosyncrasies of the course they have been hired to take care of and manage, have all the best in technological tools to measure and monitor conditions. As well as other superintendents in the area that act as behind the scene consultants, helping the lead super in preparing and maintaining a Open venue. The GCSA is a pretty tight knit group. Have to believe he knew the risk the USGA was taking with mowing heights, withholding water, if the winds were to blow. And risky locations if the greens dry out. These guys know every square inch of their greens.

But after a point, all he could do was offer recommendations and step aside. The USGA greens committee (or whatever they're named) calls the shots. And Mike Davis admitted as much during the post round interview. Yeah, they lost the course in the afternoon.

I get it. The U.S. Open should be a stern test of golf. And if one enjoys watching bogey golf, you watched yesterday with enjoyment. But what I watched was ridiculous. How tricked up does the course need to be in order to protect par? Let's make the greens practically unplayable and watch them struggle. Somehow that's become the holy mantra by the USGA in determining conditions . Berger and Finau both shooting shooting -4 earlier in the day. Everyone else, the top players in the game, backpedaling towards the finish in plus figures later in the day. Tells you something.

IDK. Heading to the pool at my sister's today. Suppose to be in the 90's around here, planning on staying wet. Being glued to the TV watching the tournament is down the priority list. Probably DVR it, just in case something exciting happens. That I'll fast forward through in the evening. But more of what I watched late round yesterday? No thanks. Not interested.

I know it’s a major tournament, but surely local knowledge is far more important than some wannabe thinking he has it right. I know our green keeper is quite capable of setting a difficult course

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

My exposure to business cultures... no man can say he's seen it all but very safe to say I've seen a lot. SIC codes spanning products and services all across N. America. Have interacted deeply with the privately owned by Mom/Pop, Private Equity, and,publicly traded big business. Management and ownership has been American, Canadian, German, Dutch, British, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish... (spin the globe),

I suppose I've learned a couple of things in all those exposures. Hopefully worth sharing.

The very best business organizations have an openly shared and palpable buy-in at every level to prioritization of Quality, Cost, Schedule, Safety (in whatever order their business needs are.) Not so good companies fail to prioritize these things. The worst pay lip service to these priorities and in short-sighted manner change the priority list based on individual department and whim regardless of buy-in throughout the company fabric.

At a point a business needs a capital venture firm to survive, it's generally in deep trouble.

Human capital almost always (there are clear exceptions) represent the single most expensive item on the financial statements. As a consequence and general rule, the CFO is normally secure in his/her job by pointing out who shouldn't be secured in theirs.

Cynicism is a business cancer whether it exists around the break room or board room. Yet it's existence is prolific. Skepticism is a good thing. Its the search for truth and validation. Cynics are an absolute drain. You can give 10 people the simple task of sharpening pencils. Several are good with it and get it done well and work/play with others to get there. The cynics will do everything in their power to make sure the whole process and people doing it are dismantled and mocked with a commitment to making sure their cancer spreads.

Not all - but most businesses are more interested in short sighted gains and immediate gratification than long term investments.

Not all - but most businesses fail to differentiate themselves competitively while allowing themselves to become a commodity. (Very tethered to that whole prioritization (Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost) thing.

Real problems - be they labor laws, environmental issues, consumer safety, or whatever serves to make a business an absolute risk to the entire world... ever truly go away. These problems and risks just get transferred elsewhere. That way another country, outsourced contractor, or some other people and places get to absorb blame. It's an out of sight out of mind way of removing problems when all that truly happened was - the same issues were simple moved elsewhere.

Last - I've read (saw it on the internet so it must be true - lol)....that one in five people have a pathological personality disorder. The raft of "disorders" have a thousand names - to the extent no one can keep up with what they are, how to manage them, or even are what is/isn't a "disorder" So, the one-in-five thing will not get better anytime soon. .

The point being, these same one in five people are found in the break room, the board room, in the drive to/from work, and in the grocery store. They pilot commercial planes, drive cabs, practice medicine, play golf, and go to work.

That fact alone makes it nearly impossible for a motherhood and apple pie panacea in the workplace.

BUT...

4 out of people do exist on this planet who work and play well with others Rarely (always exceptions) do the cynics ultimately "win". They might spread their cancer but even when it takes the better part of their own career to do it - they almost always succeed in drowning in their own cynicism - eventually.

Rarely if ever does business leadership wake up in the morning, and actually look forward to ruining people's lives and crashing their own business. So many "unknown-unkowns" and unforeseeable black swans swoop in challenging business the leadership. Meaning the priorities are honorably going to need to shift at times to survive.

It just takes buy-in to those key priorities, constantly rooting out ways to turn cynicism into healthier skepticism. Incredible businesses are out there where the buy-in from the bottom up and top down is amazingly shared with enthusiasm and passion. They do exist and come as close to that panacea as possible. Some come close. Some are..."Meh, not so much". Some just miserably fail on a massive level.

So be it from Japan, the US, or any imaginable point on the map, what seems to make or break a business is it's own ability to set and maintain priorities that have true buy-in from the break room to the board room, where the cynic is totally aware he/she is ruining processes and people despite all self preservation tactics, and where the one-in-five are given a chance to get on board or invited to leave. The longer term returns on investment are always more important than short term gains. And when the black swan swoops in, its met with an entire business culture where from the top-down and bottom-up folks are allowed to have passion for something bigger than themselves.

THOSE businesses invariably attract customers, are easy to differentiate ahead of racing to be a commodity, and they stand in stark contrast to the worst of the worst in business. They exist - believe it or not.

WHAT A RANT!!!!!

Can sum it up for those compelled to skip the above. Maybe this one will play a little better.

Does anyone disagree that buy-in to basic priorities are a good thing, while cynicism is destructive? In business, life, golf, posting?

Just asking if we ourselves, let alone those around us in any endeavor are even aware how deadly cynicism and lack or priorities can be. We're going to face these things. The age-old being part of the problem versus part of the solution springs to mind. Lobbing cynicism at lack of priority doesn't solve anything, nor does lobbing priorities at the cynic. Does that concept even register? Do folks see that or are does their cynicism blind there ability to see it?

One in five... prolly can't see it and don't even care to.

There's either a goal to get there together and joy in that - or not... Yes? No?

There - much better! lol.

(Why do I just KNOW this morning's musings will most assuredly represent yet another punch-bowl turd???)

That 1 in 5 cynic that is so harmful to an organization is also someone you do not want in

your life circle. That person thrives on negativity, lives in negativity and delights in spreading

negativity.

Reasy, you have mentioned that in the golf swing it's often what we take out that helps us

rather than what we may add. I believe it is the same in life. Less CAN be more, depending

on WHAT we take out.

Just as we stand over a golf shot and decide to think and speak positive things, is it not good

to do the same in our everyday lives? How often do we, even accidentally, speak or think in

the negative each day and do we not realize what this does?

Our thoughts and our words are seeds and we can choose whether to sow good or bad seeds

and because we will reap what we sow, why not sow good seeds?

It's so simple really but we often don't realize the power our own words have in our own lives.

We are actually not in control over every thought that comes into our minds. Thoughts can come

to us from many places; but often from other people.

We need not worry that we cannot control ALL our thoughts but we CAN decide which to own

and which to dismiss...……...we often call this self control; the person exercising self control is

choosing which thoughts to own and which to dismiss, maybe even counting to 100 as they

do, lol, in some tense situations.

We all are good at doing this in various situations but we don't make it habit at all times. We will,

often without thinking, give voice to negative thoughts; not realizing that in doing so we take

some level of ownership of them; even when just tossing them out there in some off handed

manner.

We hear people say "I hope I don't xxxxxxx" or "With my luck...xxxxxxx" ….the list goes on. I'm

not much for psychobabble and much has been written about the power of positive thinking. I

like to keep things simple and not get deep in the weeds so what I decided to do was to just

not give a voice to any negative thoughts that popped into my head by simply not speaking

or verbalizing them out loud; 24/7.

It sounds simple and easy to do. I learned I was voicing a little more negativity than I thought, lol,

most often in a seemingly harmless offhanded way. Sometimes just voicing a concern but doing it

in a negative context as though it was inevitable that something would go wrong.

We have a lot of power in our lives but when we have to add something or conjure up something

the task of using that power becomes a mountain most of us don't want to climb. But if we can use

that power by simply choosing what we will not say; that sounds simple and easy....and it should be.

If negativity has no voice it will not be heard.

OK, that was my rant for the day, lol.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

That 1 in 5 cynic that is so harmful to an organization is also someone you do not want in

your life circle. That person thrives on negativity, lives in negativity and delights in spreading

negativity.

Reasy, you have mentioned that in the golf swing it's often what we take out that helps us

rather than what we may add. I believe it is the same in life. Less CAN be more, depending

on WHAT we take out.

Just as we stand over a golf shot and decide to think and speak positive things, is it not good

to do the same in our everyday lives? How often do we, even accidentally, speak or think in

the negative each day and do we not realize what this does?

Our thoughts and our words are seeds and we can choose whether to sow good or bad seeds

and because we will reap what we sow, why not sow good seeds?

It's so simple really but we often don't realize the power our own words have in our own lives.

We are actually not in control over every thought that comes into our minds. Thoughts can come

to us from many places; but often from other people.

We need not worry that we cannot control ALL our thoughts but we CAN decide which to own

and which to dismiss...……...we often call this self control; the person exercising self control is

choosing which thoughts to own and which to dismiss, maybe even counting to 100 as they

do, lol, in some tense situations.

We all are good at doing this in various situations but we don't make it habit at all times. We will,

often without thinking, give voice to negative thoughts; not realizing that in doing so we take

some level of ownership of them; even when just tossing them out there in some off handed

manner.

We hear people say "I hope I don't xxxxxxx" or "With my luck...xxxxxxx" ….the list goes on. I'm

not much for psychobabble and much has been written about the power of positive thinking. I

like to keep things simple and not get deep in the weeds so what I decided to do was to just

not give a voice to any negative thoughts that popped into my head by simply not speaking

or verbalizing them out loud; 24/7.

It sounds simple and easy to do. I learned I was voicing a little more negativity than I thought, lol,

most often in a seemingly harmless offhanded way. Sometimes just voicing a concern but doing it

in a negative context as though it was inevitable that something would go wrong.

We have a lot of power in our lives but when we have to add something or conjure up something

the task of using that power becomes a mountain most of us don't want to climb. But if we can use

that power by simply choosing what we will not say; that sounds simple and easy....and it should be.

If negativity has no voice it will not be heard.

OK, that was my rant for the day, lol.

Liking that one beyond just the post button.

That one in five... there's often a bubble I just don't have the skills to pop. Have encountered some who deflect so much, rationalize, deny, maybe see things in a different light for ten minutes before settling back in.

Oh well... my own personal "perfection" is anything but, right? LMAO at some point we're just passengers on the big ride. Like you say we have our hands full managing our own thoughts much less holding up mirrors for others day/night.

Appreciate you saw fit to get in on this topic and your thoughts on it.

As for our places of learning, in both the UK and now Australia, the idiots are now running the mad house. Gender specific words will have a student fail, as Reasy quite correctly points out Four out of five are normal thinking people, unfortunately we are not vocal enough and the minority are now ruling the world. In order to include everyone they are excluding the majority. What about the mandolin a quite pleasant instrument, what will it now be called.

As with everything I hope this phase will be cyclical and eventually have us return to a more sane rationale. I have worked in organisations where the 20% dominate, it was after I moved on a new general manager took one week to sort it out and working there was a pleasure once again. This very topic was discussed by my DW myself and our son as he was about to start out on his first job, we were giving him the once over about negativity in the workplace. Fortunately he took notice and is now extremely successful at what he does but even now after many years he still finds it incomprehensible that some employees seem to want the organisation to fail.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

That is an awesome video!

You may experience the typical head nod during Japanese conversation. It may mean several things. I think it boils down to I'm listening to your side of the conversation so we are connected on this, or like our 'uh-huh' or 'yeah' or similar. It's an agreement thing.

There are several in this video, actually many many... I see this all day long. After 19 years at work I find myself doing this when speaking with them :)

[media=]

[/media]

Yes the head nod or even a slight bow. Especially after giving something to someone and after a thank you! Speaking of thank you, I've gotten into several Thank You battles as they are dubbed here lol. Locals love to say thank you and say thank you again after you say thank you, and it can keep on going and going lol. Even when you say You're Welcome (in Japanese it sounds a lot like don't touch my mustash), they will still say thank you.

At checkout I almost always get a slight bow when I hand money over and when I get change. Speaking of which, they don't exchange gifts and or money directly. At checkouts they use a plastic tray that you are expected to put your payment on and then they take the tray. They also return you change, or your card using the same method. Complete with a slight bow or head nod. One other note is their culture expects both hands to be used when exchanging gifts or money. So the typical American way is way off, and I've had to catch myself several times when they look at me strange or point at the tray lol.

I am SO doing this going forward. Quick question... you mentioned breathing through this. Will do. Why out of curiosity is that a "thing"????

If you take a deep breath while drawing in your abdominal wall, your diaphragm will likely be producing the movement. If we breathe normally in and out during then the transverse abdominus should be working to perform the movement.

Spooky,

The same as Conrad, we have been down the steroid path for DW pain, it worked very briefly once, the other times it was a waste of time and money.

Having been in engineering for much of my working life, the one thing that is always avoided is treating the symptoms and not the underlying problem, this to my mind is what the doctors are doing, get rid of the pain and all is good.

We are now going to give your exercise regime a try, it cannot make the pain any worse than it is so we are hoping for an improvement.

This is why we are all in the Grille, so much knowledge shared amongst us without anyone trying to one up each other. Report back will be given after trying the fix.

PM sent.

Thanks to Spooky for posting the exercise tip. I was doing it as I read his post. Pretty straight forward. I will incorporate it into my routine.

Thank you very much. I'll post other movements that may help and at the very least won't exacerbate any current issues. If you have any questions please LMK.

I am SO doing this going forward. Quick question... you mentioned breathing through this. Will do. Why out of curiosity is that a "thing"????

If you take a deep breath while drawing in your abdominal wall, your diaphragm will likely be producing the movement. If we breathe normally in and out during then the transverse abdominus should be working to perform the movement.

Spooky,

PM sent.

Thank you very much. I'll post other movements that may help and at the very least won't exacerbate any current issues. If you have any questions please LMK.

Looked at biotensegrity, not easy to fully understand but the principle seems solid. Looking into it further. Interesting take on pain management.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Doing a set of Spooky's belly button tucks as I compose this post while I have an on-going text exchange with DW... And they say guys can't multitask! ;)

Yesterday it was like a sauna around here with high humidity and temperatures in the mid 30's -- low 90's for our American friends -- followed up by bands of severe thunderstorms. We had at least two gutter washers! Fortunately they weren't accompanied by high winds despite the potential warning for such. Everything is looking decidedly fresher today including the temperature which is only in the upper teens.

Apparently there was a golf tournament at my old course on the weekend with a guest of honour in one Dougie Gilmour the ex-NHLer of Calgary, Toronto and New Jersey fame back in the 80's and 90's. Lots of pictures plastered on Facebook and my ex(boss) was in her glory.

With each passing day, I'm getting further removed from the place. It's kind of weird in that there are similarities to quitting smoking in that after a period of time you don't miss it anymore. Looking forward to playing golf, but probably not there. Too far to drive. No incentive anymore...

It looks as though our bridge group has dwindled to an unsustainable size with only two tables last night. We'll go one more week and then call it a wrap by the sounds of it. Hopefully it will get going again in the fall. The one young couple that is amongst the group invited me to join them for a weekly game over the summer if I can come up with a partner. We'll exchange numbers next week and go from there.

So far, I seem to be progressing quite well with my recovery from my back trouble. AS I have slowly reintroduced some of my activities I'm finding that the core exercises are becoming easier to do on a regular basis and while I may still be stiff and sore at times there isn't the debilitating pain that accompanied overuse earlier in the process. Things are looking up! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Now this one does rely on more than one guy.

If you've never played trumpet - I want to let you in on a little something. The upper registers are so hard your body has three basic choices.

a) Your brains squirt out of your ears

b) Yesterday's pudding fills your pants

c) Sound actually comes out of the end of the horn and it's music.

"C" is the hard one to master. I was able to do "A" and "B" at the same time which was a little unique but what the hey.

What is this? Some kind of lull or something?

Grillesters - pick'm up and put'm down. Get on the stick Gents!

Having to work a full time week for the new guy. Drillin, fillin and billin :) After this 2 day/week stuff it's killing me. I may be ready for real retirement in a year.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

What is this? Some kind of lull or something?

Grillesters - pick'm up and put'm down. Get on the stick Gents!

Having to work a full time week for the new guy. Drillin, fillin and billin :) After this 2 day/week stuff it's killing me. I may be ready for real retirement in a year.

Whatever you buds - DON'T FALL IN!!!

Played nine this past Sunday, was playing alone and had made sure to find a gap in the day so I wouldn't get caught between several groups. I'm a high-capper, trending down but not there yet...I'm also very aware that my game stinks, so I do get nervous playing with strangers or even worse the dreaded- "Play through." The week before I had shot 46 on the same nine- actually played better than that as I gave a few strokes away trying to force a wedge around the green when a putter would have been a smarter option but I digress.

So I'm not striking my irons well this particular day not having the same type of nine I had the week before, when I run into a foursome on #6. I was playing pretty quick so I decided to slow up a bit- no one behind me- and let these guys have some room. They were teeing off on 7 as I was approaching the green on 6 so I figured they'd be gone by the time I got to the tee. Wrong. So I take my time getting into the tee box and they wave me down. To make matters worse they get in their carts and pull way over to the right....little do they know that even though my driver miss is left, I am VERY adept at hitting into groups of people on accident. My ball literally turn into a heat seeking missile and heads straight into groups of people. So now Im thinking "don't hit them, don't hit them..." And I yank it dead left.

The guys are having a bit of a chuckle...I was too...but they were kind enough to point out where my errant shot came to rest. Not a good spot, dead left other side of the cart path right at the edge of the woods slightly under a bush, but I can get a club on it, I think.? One guy has walked over to make sure I see the ball- very nice of him. I make the joke that I went left so i didn't hit them..lol...he laughs and the two carts drive over.

Now I have just hit a bad tee shot, things aren't looking good for my second shot and i have four people in semi-close proximity waiting to see what happens next. The hole was a dogleg left par 5. So my plan is to draw my second shot around the trees at the corner, I take a 6 iron and do just that. I hear a couple of "nice shot dude"....I thank them and drive off just happy that I got clean ball contact with a crowd watching..lol.

Next shot 9i onto the green, 6-8' putt left for birdie....struck the putt..tweet-tweet. And I drive to the next hole feeling like I actually can play golf- except for that tee shot..lol. And then promptly double bogey a par 3. Sigh.

My game, or lack thereof can be summed up with the phrase "consistently inconsistent".

Well, I went for a ride this morning; around 20 km over a combination of rail trail and quiet country roads. I think three cars went by me the whole time. That's it!

Thoroughly enjoyed it despite still being humid and a stiff wind out of the north that made me earn my way home as I headed south from where I live to get out of the commuter corridor. I'm gradually ramping up the riding. May not be quite ready to go a great distance, but i think that I'll be tempted to rent a bike for a day to ride a stretch of the Kettle Valley Railway trail system around Penticton. I'm embracing the unracer world of Grant Petersen.

---------------------

Read an interesting article about the Titleist Sure-Fit hosel system and how a fitter uses it versus the way in which it's explained at retail. Essentially you adjust two parameters: Face angle and lie angle, that's it. If you sole the club when you address the ball the loft of the club never changes despite the claim otherwise. The only way the loft changes is if you square the face at address.

The neutral setting of the club provides for a face angle of -0.5° open. Each adjustment from the bottom to the top of the chart adds 1° of face closure. Neutral provides for a lie angle of 58.5°. Each adjustment to the left on the chart will make the club 0.75° more upright. That will affect the amount of draw spin you put on the ball. Get the two settings correct for the path you want and the amount of draw that you want and you're away to the races and always sole the club at address to be consistent. If the launch and spin numbers aren't quite right then you've got an issue with the head and shaft combination; either too much or not enough loft and the bend profile of the shaft. That's how it works in a nut shell and why some folks are/were having a lot of frustrations getting these things properly adjusted. I feel like there's going to be a bit more fine tuning in my future. ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Now we're roll'n again here. Good deal.

Spooky the folks in here are all capable of all things. We can go through nice little stretches and we do things we hate to admit. Some (like me) will enjoy breaking down a swing and looking at vids and such - some not so much. And incredibly - despite our various states of game and approaches to it... no one here has a problem with sharing it from our own individual perspectives.

What I'm taking too long to say is.... You're in good company. We don't judge, and all are fine with our smoking hot little stretches and all are absolutely and most assuredly going to fire one right at the carts filled with others letting us play through.

Nice bird. And just like all of us - the curse of the next hole just to humble a man back into reality.

Said the guy with his navel sucked in. Ya know this reminds me a lot of that high school reunion thing where you walk around with your belly sucked in to give that appearance of still owning a flat belly. LMAO.

There are swing guru's who suggest swinging with the belt buckle up and the core "engaged". I dunno - maybe a great idea if you swing with that back-ruining "S" posture in the lower spine... maybe if the abs have gotten out of shape. I suppose as long as it's not done to the point of adding a crazy amount of tension and restriction in the motion, it probably can't hurt.

Scomacer I only wish I knew what to say about sticks for you. I know two things. A) Whatever I might serve up is probably backwards for you. B) You know your stuff about equipment and your own swing to know what passes the sniff test and what doesn't.

All that says I can be a good listener on this one... but will be short on much of anything useful to share. Best to you on this leg of your journey.

Was reading about iron lie angles here at WRX earlier. I think I fuss too much over lie angles

with irons. I have played fine with lie angles from 1 up to 1 flat from Ping standard. I'm going

to stop being concerned about it and just hit the dam ball.

Really really really...……..I have all my equipment tuned in for me.....all of it. This is what happens

when you don't play; you obsess over equipment for something to do......or buy hundreds of pairs

of golf shorts, etc.

SLED Gemini

Here's proof I've stopped my golf clothes hoing……………..this listing is still a listing and these were not

bought by me...…….and won't be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-70-Nike-Flat-Front-Stretch-Woven-GOLF-Shorts-Men-s-33-833224-852/153059461309?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

SLED Gemini

Well guys, we had the most beautiful rainbow this morning that I've ever seen in my life. Wish I was a nature photographer, and I was off work today, I would have captured it if I could from some great country setting instead of riding down to the last turn before work with my friend who was driving. The conditions were perfect, rainstorm brewing from the west, bright sun from the east rising, us in the middle. The pot in the middle was eventually the parking lot at work, so there was no gold anywhere, except a good job... This was an entire arc, completely across, and as you can see it was a double rainbow as well.. enjoy

Beautiful pic Sixty! I hope you were looking back and not riding in a car going

the wrong way.

SLED Gemini

Played nine this past Sunday, was playing alone and had made sure to find a gap in the day so I wouldn't get caught between several groups. I'm a high-capper, trending down but not there yet...I'm also very aware that my game stinks, so I do get nervous playing with strangers or even worse the dreaded- "Play through." The week before I had shot 46 on the same nine- actually played better than that as I gave a few strokes away trying to force a wedge around the green when a putter would have been a smarter option but I digress.

So I'm not striking my irons well this particular day not having the same type of nine I had the week before, when I run into a foursome on #6. I was playing pretty quick so I decided to slow up a bit- no one behind me- and let these guys have some room. They were teeing off on 7 as I was approaching the green on 6 so I figured they'd be gone by the time I got to the tee. Wrong. So I take my time getting into the tee box and they wave me down. To make matters worse they get in their carts and pull way over to the right....little do they know that even though my driver miss is left, I am VERY adept at hitting into groups of people on accident. My ball literally turn into a heat seeking missile and heads straight into groups of people. So now Im thinking "don't hit them, don't hit them..." And I yank it dead left.

The guys are having a bit of a chuckle...I was too...but they were kind enough to point out where my errant shot came to rest. Not a good spot, dead left other side of the cart path right at the edge of the woods slightly under a bush, but I can get a club on it, I think.? One guy has walked over to make sure I see the ball- very nice of him. I make the joke that I went left so i didn't hit them..lol...he laughs and the two carts drive over.

Now I have just hit a bad tee shot, things aren't looking good for my second shot and i have four people in semi-close proximity waiting to see what happens next. The hole was a dogleg left par 5. So my plan is to draw my second shot around the trees at the corner, I take a 6 iron and do just that. I hear a couple of "nice shot dude"....I thank them and drive off just happy that I got clean ball contact with a crowd watching..lol.

Next shot 9i onto the green, 6-8' putt left for birdie....struck the putt..tweet-tweet. And I drive to the next hole feeling like I actually can play golf- except for that tee shot..lol. And then promptly double bogey a par 3. Sigh.

My game, or lack thereof can be summed up with the phrase "consistently inconsistent".

MY golf buds here in Bama call that a PBFU. You can guess what that is, lol. Nice birdie Spooky!

You know, Justin Thomas said something last year that hit home with me...…...paraphrasing.....

"I thought I had to play my best or near perfect golf to win out here and I kept trying to be perfect

and it wasn't working. Then it dawned on me it ain't about that or how it looks, it's just getting

around in less strokes than everyone else...….and when I stopped worrying about having my A+

game I learned I can win without my best stuff if I manage myself well enough."

A birdie is a birdie...……...

SLED Gemini

Reasy: You don't need to say anything to me about sticks. I feel like I've got this covered for the most part. The old stuff that I used to favour just isn't going to work for me anymore. It's too damned heavy and that leads to overswinging which is a place I don't want to go. So graphite it is and I've got that covered.

It hasn't been an instant love affair with that Titleist driver, but dammit all I kinda like the thing. It's light, yet fairly stiff which gives a sense of control and a very good feel upon contact. I haven't been getting the greatest results with it, but that might have a lot to do with not quite having it set just right. A different shaft may also be in order, but I'm not going there until I give the settings a thorough workout first. If I get the consistency dialed in then all I have to worry about is the launch numbers and they might be just fine for my pedestrian 80 mph SS. If it's 180 off the tee, then so be it. I'm fine with that if it's always in the fairway.

Back to the hosel adjustments, I decided to match it up to my old R7 425 as best I could, so I ended up closing the face down 2° -- it was actually set -1.5° open and then flattening the lie angle by 1.5°. More than a bit counter intuitive for the ball flight I was experiencing, but the old club just works for me the way it is. Don't ask me why, but I'm going to run with this for a bit and see what happens. Actually pretty happy with where things are sitting at this time equipment wise. A little fine tuning maybe required, but it really is the least of my worries when it comes to playing golf with my bastardized swing most likely being a major one.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well guys, we had the most beautiful rainbow this morning that I've ever seen in my life. Wish I was a nature photographer, and I was off work today, I would have captured it if I could from some great country setting instead of riding down to the last turn before work with my friend who was driving. The conditions were perfect, rainstorm brewing from the west, bright sun from the east rising, us in the middle. The pot in the middle was eventually the parking lot at work, so there was no gold anywhere, except a good job... This was an entire arc, completely across, and as you can see it was a double rainbow as well.. enjoy

Beautiful pic Sixty! I hope you were looking back and not riding in a car going

the wrong way.

? no, we were in the right lane going forward... see the 18 wheeler on the other side coming the other way?

My bad. I thought that car had headlights on...………..

SLED Gemini

MY golf buds here in Bama call that a PBFU. You can guess what that is, lol. Nice birdie Spooky!

You know, Justin Thomas said something last year that hit home with me...…...paraphrasing.....

"I thought I had to play my best or near perfect golf to win out here and I kept trying to be perfect

and it wasn't working. Then it dawned on me it ain't about that or how it looks, it's just getting

around in less strokes than everyone else...….and when I stopped worrying about having my A+

game I learned I can win without my best stuff if I manage myself well enough."

A birdie is a birdie...……...

Have a vague memory of him saying that, too. Interesting to hear someone boil it down to just hitting the ball.

Have just recently heard this one. "You can't perform when you put extreme pressure on yourself. So you end up wanting it badly enough to not care." That one came from Sean Foley.

Jason Gore. He was describing the mechanics of his swing. Also paraphrasing..."Once I get it to the top of the backswing I don't think at all. And I try not overthinking the backswing as well. But from the start of the downswing to the finish I just flush the toilet and whatever happens, happens."

Man - we play one goofy game, don't we?

Great pic there Sixty - You're giving Scotee a run for his money.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)