Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Thats Gods country Scotee ! Truly beautiful. I was fortunate to spend a couple years in Idaho. The whole western mountain areas are all

fantastic.

Guys ,I have never said much about my medical problem. It has been two years and 5 months now. I had a AAA ,which was supposed to have

been my swan song. I lived, Died twice,on the table,and they bought me back.Rehab was over 6 months. I am a changed man after that

episode. I now am simply obsessed with seeing every sunrise ,every day..

Jake, a few have mentioned about taking the time now,because they grow so fast,and you never know what is in store around the corner.

One Sunday morning,I was three years into retirement,and i would have bet you $100 that i was one of the most fit 70 year olds alive.

on saturday,i had unloaded 50 bags of mulch,weighting 45 pounds each.. didn't just throw them off the truck... Stacked them. Neatly.

i then played 18 holes late Saturday. On Sunday morning,at 7:30,I was enjoying a cool iced tea on the porch,watching the deer in the yard.

At 8:30,I was in an ambulance heading for the hospital,and my near death was begining. So...yes...take the time,and as Rad said,make it quality

time. . To all I say, I probably wont mention this again,but its just as an example to the young man with youngsters at home...take the time !

There are a few things I;m itching to bounce off of this eve. Had to start here first and foremost.

I very distinctly recall when Bill dropped out of contact. Then after a long spell he posted a pic of himself. Pale, oxygen tube under his nose. Laying in a hospital bed. For weeks we'd get a "like" from Bill but until that one day when he posted what had happened, we didn't know the whole story.

Not because he stayed on-board with us through that... which was way cool. Not because he's served his country AND delivered in law enforcement which again put his own life at risk... also way cool. Not because he experiments a little with his clubs when many his age would just go whack it around without being open to anything new. Not because he gives his own grand daughter more than her share of attention on and off the course - also way cool.

It's because of all of the above. And one more...

He sticks with us here through thick and thin. He tolerates all of our individuality. He sits with us when guys like me rant about things he'd probably not even care to suffer through. But he's loyal and he's such a good soul. Bill is the last one who will ever trash another poster - but the first one to appreciate it when others post. What we seek here - the whole spirit of it - Bill is giving it in spades. Even when he's laying in a bed and wired to the world, he's giving us the best a Grillester can hope to give... his fellowship.

God Bless you our friend.

Oh - and NOT sharing your health issues is entirely your call. We will respect it being voiced or not voiced however you want it handled. Just want to say it's good to hear you speak of it right out loud anytime and anyway you ever want to.

Well it's clearly not everyone's favorite topic and I get it as to why. In the spirit of tolerance and fail play, I'm respectfully about to risk talking to myself and a small handful of those who "might" care to converse about the golf swing. Ignore - or - comment at will.

These are things on my own personal list of things I work on when it comes to ball striking. (On and around the greens are another post for another day).

"CLEARING" THE LEAD SIDE:

This one serves up a little bit of a conflict for me. It teeters on being more of a concept than something very specifically actionable. Does it start at the initiation of the downswing? Do the knees (and thus the hips) start the downswing whilst the backswiing is still finishing - OR - is there a fractional little pause at the top? If the lead knee is at least a little bit bowed inward toward the trail side toes at the top, then how do we smoothly get it moving back and a little behind the arse through impact? There's supposed to be a "little" lateral motion of the hips as the lower body and belly rotates through the shot. How much is a "little"? (I know too well how much it too much - lol).

So I have my own little ways of working through the above during practice. I find I can NOT overload and obsess about it but at the same time I pay a price if I ignore it. (Nuff said for now on that one. It's a topic I've gone bat-crap crazy working on for years.I know I "can" get to the top well and ruin it if I don't "clear" well during the downswing.)

FINISH POSE:

When I've done other things leading up to it well...

* Arms, hands, shaft, shoulders all come to a stop at about the same time. (versus a slowly decaying and almost forced/manufactured pose).

* Trail shoulder is my "pointer" for where to look for the ball in flight. (not my clubhead or hands or shaft).

" Trail shoulder is a touch higher than the trail shoulder. (versus 100% level to the horizon).

* From down-the-line, I'd still have some forward tilt toward the ball with the arse behind the heels DEEP into the through swing.

* From face-on, the trail knee would be lined up with the lead knee for shorter clubs, but a little space is seen for longer sticks. (stance width).

General Setup:

No clue why I own these not-so-good tendencies but I work on them religiously:

* Ball position too far back

* Trail foot not quite wide enoung

* Ball lined up on the hosel - or at least toward it - especially with longer clubs

* Clubface pointed to the push side.

* Too far from the ball with the hands too high.

* Too much tension - as in way too much - as in everywhere imaginable. No clue why when I know better and "can" fully relax.

Finishing the backswing:

* Trail knee stays inside (never over) the trail foot

* Lead shoulder moves more DOWN and behind the ball

* Trail elbow more UNDER the hands.

* Slowing into the finish of the backswing - with a mini "pause"

* Upper spine a little farther from target than the hip girdle

* Grip pressure from set up unchanging all the way up and back down. Wrists feeling "oily" and free to hinge and unhinge. (versus forced hand flip).

* Feeling of getting ready to move that lead hip BACK behind me more and stay in-posture until the ball is long gone.

LAG

One of my own personal swing mysteries. I like it - I need it - I get WAY more swing speed from it. I hit ball first and THEN mother earth as a result. The problem for me is.... for all the world and having tried endlessly... I don't see it in videos the way I see it when watching a really great ball striker do it live and in-person. I therefore can't easily unpack exactly what it is, how to do it, what constitutes too much or too little of it.

/////////////////

There - I put it out there.

My name is Reason and I'm a swing-a-holic. It's been 20 minutes since I thought about swings. I've stolen candy from children and beat up old people to get a look a swing video. :jester:

Good stuff as always Judge. I am back in civilization and trying to catch up again. Your thoughts resonated and reminded me of this vid my lil bro just sent me. This overhead view explains a lot and gives me some ideas on how to pivot correctly going back and coming down.

[media=]

[/media]

There only a small handful of vids I religiously view. I'm too picky - lol. So often - when you focus on or alter only one thing going on inside of a swing there should be at least of couple of cautions that go with it. Stuff has this way of pulling of parts and pieces into a little different state. So long as those very few but critical bases are covered, I'm good with a video.

This is one of those outstanding keepers.

Can't tell you guys how many countless times I've failed in trying to convey the idea of good versus not so good hip action. Have tried everything - called the hip girdle a revolving doors that turns around it's own "center" which would in this case be the tail bone. Have referred to the hips as the "lower wheel" with the spine being the "axle". Have touted the good that comes from getting the trail side hip moving back behind the golfer getting to the top versus flying that lead hip WAY out and in front of us during the backswing. Have compared it to being a revolving door that rotates rather than being a door that swings only from one hinged side.

For all my silly analogies and attempts to say it words - that video absolutely and 100% NAILS it.

SUPERB post there Doc. Dead on the money!

Got to plop this one more moment of truth out there....

The hips are not so easy to "train" in one sense. To dissociate their movement consciously and purposefully - AND - do it the right amount in the right sequence is real messy thing for so many golfers to work on. Most unfortunately give up trying very early in the attempt to even try it.

While I very much like a "zipper-away" move, and I appreciate very much the mention in the video that a good way is to work on it without the club then with club SLOWLY, then at full speed.... I have to offer a way of shorten the learning curve a good bit if/'when the golfer is willing to at least try it. Not saying it's miracle salve - just saying there's a way I believe will absolutely turn months worth of work into days or weeks.... It's still going to take work but what I'm offering is a way to practice "smarter" rather than "harder".

Real simple concept...

As go the knees and belly... so goes the hips

I can make my knees do just about anything. I can get my belly to swing through the shot very easily. My hips will most assuredly do what they're supposed to do when the knees and belly are cooperating. I don't "get" my hips to do anything that way. They just do it. They have to. So when the trail knee moves a bit back and behind us (rather than laterally) during the backswing,,, we are automatically gaining depth of trail side hip turn going back. THEN - we have to do the same in the through swing. That lead side knee (and butt cheek as a result) need to also move BACK and behind us. The hips would therefore being doing what they should do.

LOL - I talk to my hips but they don't listen. My belly and knees seem to pay attention rather well.

Thats Gods country Scotee ! Truly beautiful. I was fortunate to spend a couple years in Idaho. The whole western mountain areas are all

fantastic.

Guys ,I have never said much about my medical problem. It has been two years and 5 months now. I had a AAA ,which was supposed to have

been my swan song. I lived, Died twice,on the table,and they bought me back.Rehab was over 6 months. I am a changed man after that

Jake, a few have mentioned about taking the time now,because they grow so fast,and you never know what is in store around the corner.

One Sunday morning,I was three years into retirement,and i would have bet you $100 that i was one of the most fit 70 year olds alive.

on saturday,i had unloaded 50 bags of mulch,weighting 45 pounds each.. didn't just throw them off the truck... Stacked them. Neatly.

i then played 18 holes late Saturday. On Sunday morning,at 7:30,I was enjoying a cool iced tea on the porch,watching the deer in the yard.

At 8:30,I was in an ambulance heading for the hospital,and my near death was begining. So...yes...take the time,and as Rad said,make it quality

time. . To all I say, I probably wont mention this again,but its just as an example to the young man with youngsters at home...take the time !

I suppose this could be a cautionary tale for me. I do think I am invincible, refuse to slow down. We have around 5 ton possibly more fire wood out front, I am moving it, cutting it with the chain saw, stacking it in the back yard in preparation for splitting, this along with the house projects makes it a busy life, the garden is on the back burner again as another house project came up this morning.

I feel if I slow down I am giving up, I know some nights I go to bed and feel my aches and pains, muscles not quite as agile. One problem I do have is the restriction placed on me by DW, we have work required on the roof and there is no way she will agree to me going up there.

Over all I feel blessed being able to still involve myself in the day to day hard work, I have always kept myself fit and only slowed for a while twice, first time I broke my elbow and the second when my finger and I seperated.

We are lucky with our doctor as he is really on the ball, never rushes when you see him and discusses even the smallest concern untill he is satisfied.

Back to work, finished lunch, spring clean day, painting tomorrow after the car service.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Scotee the pics are mesmerizing. Again. Having traveled so much for so many years, I realize through you how I've been semi-cheated. A huge part of me is a little burned out on travel. And more importantly I didn't REALLY see it. Just flew over it. I have better recall of the rental car counters and areas within driving distance of airports... mostly cities.

Yes, I've seen the wonders - but from 3500' up on a clear day through the peep-hole if a window seat. You're putting boots on the ground and showing things I/we otherwise would never see. Great stuff. Glad you're back btw. Was counting on you to comment on the swing stuff and you sure enough delivered on that front as well. :ok:

Serving up - respectfully - appreciation to those who would rather NOT go there in terms of swing crapola. Your tolerance is not unnoticed.

No man should post a video of his swing - or be compelled by others to change his swing - or even think or talk about swing changes until or unless he personally wants to. He who would just assume leave his game alone - or give golf a nice long break - are all just as important to our fellowship as those eyeing the world differently.

That says any/all who prefer less or even zero swing convo are displaying tremendous tolerance when it does come up.

Thank you for at least letting the pent-up animals roam a little now and then. To not deny the occasional spins through it... It's very much appreciated to say the least.

////////////////////////

Off to slumber. Temps chasing 90 around here. We went from a long winter almost straight into summer. Spring was a brief flash in time. Wonder if fall will be the same. We normally see the four seasons here in a fairly balanced and quarterly way. This year.... not too many days and nights when the AC or furnace haven't had their work cut out for them.

hashtag - Whats a light jacket??? (must be something that requires batteries)

Serving up - respectfully - appreciation to those who would rather NOT go there in terms of swing crapola. Your tolerance is not unnoticed.

No man should post a video of his swing - or be compelled by others to change his swing - or even think or talk about swing changes until or unless he personally wants to. He who would just assume leave his game alone - or give golf a nice long break - are all just as important to our fellowship as those eyeing the world differently.

That says any/all who prefer less or even zero swing convo are displaying tremendous tolerance when it does come up.

Thank you for at least letting the pent-up animals roam a little now and then. To not deny the occasional spins through it... It's very much appreciated to say the least.

////////////////////////

Off to slumber. Temps chasing 90 around here. We went from a long winter almost straight into summer. Spring was a brief flash in time. Wonder if fall will be the same. We normally see the four seasons here in a fairly balanced and quarterly way. This year.... not too many days and nights when the AC or furnace haven't had their work cut out for them.

hashtag - Whats a light jacket??? (must be something that requires batteries)

I am not a swing guru, don’t analise my swing, hide my eyes when others are swinging because of some silly conversations.

BUT.

I find your swing analysis books, yes they do seem as long as books, fascinating. How you can see so much in such a short time always amazes me, I can understand mainly what you are saying, as I had similar conversations with my Judo pupils, sometimes hip movement a slight upturn of the wrist to aid off balancing the opponent all sounds very familiar. Keep it up Reason and eventually I will drop in. ?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

fantastic.

Thank you bill. Thank you for being here and telling your story. We are all truly friends in this place, I can't imagine it without you. An experience like that can give you many results. The immediate one being in the ambulance wondering if each breath is your last and how unprepared you were for the moment. The second being in the hospital emergency room, and how patience is a virtue waiting for someone besides yourself to confirm whether or not you are truly alive as you are lying there hooked up to stuff (they don't always tell you often enough). The next few are being sent home from an allegedly safe haven sure as heck that your newly corrupt body is imminently going to explode into smithereens because of what happened but you eventually educate yourself and get back to normal. And finally, you can help someone else with your story to get themself checked or to at least think about not being invincible and get some kind of check up.

As far as my heart goes, I pretty much waltzed to my doc nonchalantly, but if I hadn't gotten 3 stents put in my widowmaker valve 7 years ago I would be dead now- no heart attack, no pain, just very light- very light pressure when walking around the block and increase in breathing when going up a large staircase- that's it- 95% blockage in 3 places. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for being our friend :good:

Welcome, Farmer Jake. A nice bunch of guys out here.

Talked to Penny's "Dad" for a few minutes last night. They just got a parrot, Kiwi, for the 14 year old daughter. The girl is getting discouraged with it; the parrot hangs on to Dad, and bites the girl.

My neighbor says he's going to stay away from the parrot, so it might bond with the girl.

Sounds a bit like Penny, not wanting to go home, and preferring our company.

fantastic.

Everybody marvels how I can zip around the golf course like I do. Even the chiropractor seems to think I'm in great shape. Leads to a false sense of security that I have begun to doubt. I am a die hard, "Stay away from doctors" guy. Just like my parents and Aunt Mildred. It crosses my mind what maladies may be lurking in the future. Not smart on my part, but the way I am.

My advice to a young man. As you say, take the time. I've had pretty much a mundane, unexciting, uneventful life. BUT, I don't know where my life went. It seems like I fast forwarded since getting out the US Army in 1972. Like Dorothy in the tornado, landing in OZ in a blink of an eye.

Many years ago, I told my Mom I didn't know what I'd do without them. She coolly replied, "Don't worry, you'll soon follow."

Now I know what she meant.

So it was my intention to bring you along and share our road trip. The cell and internet connection was poor and I lost touch much of the way. We saw some amazing sights and crossed some things off of my bucket list. After Zion we went up to Bryce Canyon which we learned is not a canyon at all. I'll try not to bore you with my hundreds of pics of red rocks but everywhere I looked I saw another picture :)

These are beautiful pics scotee, not boring at all as you persiflagingly suggest :happy: I could look at all the hundreds as something tells me this is just not Ohio... ha

Beautiful photos scotee! We took the family down to red rock country for a vacation during spring break 2005. We spent 5 days in Sedona Arizona which was one of the most naturally beautiful spots in this world that I've been able to gaze upon. As I recall, they had the only Macdonalds restaurant with green arches so that it would pass the town by-law of blending in with the surrounding landscape.

From Sedona we were able to venture off to see the Grand Canyon and the Meteor Crater near Winslow. We enjoyed the rustic beauty aboard a Pink Jeep Tour. One of the more interesting things we discovered was Oak Creek Canyon to the north of Sedona on the way to Flagstaff. It was so cool being in Sedona in the morning watching guys playing golf with the temperature in the upper 70's then to rise 1700' on the switch-backs out of Oak Creek Canyon into the Ponderosa Pine forests surrounding Flagstaff and finding snow still on the ground and the ski hill still open for business!

I remember that the local Indian tribes had set-up a market in one the the parks that overlooked Oak Creek Canyon selling their hand crafts. I bought a beautiful hand made hammered silver belt buckle inlaid with topaz and agate in the form of a bear paw that I put on a tooled leather belt. As you might expect, I have the full kit complete with a Larry Martin cowboy hat and Boulet boots. Rarely wear it though; last time was to a Hallowe'en party a number of years ago. Don't feel much like a cowboy anymore...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

fantastic.

Everybody marvels how I can zip around the golf course like I do. Even the chiropractor seems to think I'm in great shape. Leads to a false sense of security that I have begun to doubt. I am a die hard, "Stay away from doctors" guy. Just like my parents and Aunt Mildred. It crosses my mind what maladies may be lurking in the future. Not smart on my part, but the way I am.

My advice to a young man. As you say, take the time. I've had pretty much a mundane, unexciting, uneventful life. BUT, I don't know where my life went. It seems like I fast forwarded since getting out the US Army in 1972. Like Dorothy in the tornado, landing in OZ in a blink of an eye.

Many years ago, I told my Mom I didn't know what I'd do without them. She coolly replied, "Don't worry, you'll soon follow."

Now I know what she meant.

I remember those feelings Wriggs. I had never had surgery....the last time i was in the hospital was in 69,in Nam...for three days...

like Sixty,never a hint...yeah a little short of breath at times..but what 70 year old isn't? No pain..no major losses of breath ...nothing.

Now ,i am a twice a year guy at the doctors,lab work,heart monitor work once a year.. . I am no longer a believer in immortality . lol

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Beautiful photos scotee! We took the family down to red rock country for a vacation during spring break 2005. We spent 5 days in Sedona Arizona which was one of the most naturally beautiful spots in this world that I've been able to gaze upon. As I recall, they had the only Macdonalds restaurant with green arches so that it would pass the town by-law of blending in with the surrounding landscape.

From Sedona we were able to venture off to see the Grand Canyon and the Meteor Crater near Winslow. We enjoyed the rustic beauty aboard a Pink Jeep Tour. One of the more interesting things we discovered was Oak Creek Canyon to the north of Sedona on the way to Flagstaff. It was so cool being in Sedona in the morning watching guys playing golf with the temperature in the upper 70's then to rise 1700' on the switch-backs out of Oak Creek Canyon into the Ponderosa Pine forests surrounding Flagstaff and finding snow still on the ground and the ski hill still open for business!

I remember that the local Indian tribes had set-up a market in one the the parks that overlooked Oak Creek Canyon selling their hand crafts. I bought a beautiful hand made hammered silver belt buckle inlaid with topaz and agate in the form of a bear paw that I put on a tooled leather belt. As you might expect, I have the full kit complete with a Larry Martin cowboy hat and Boulet boots. Rarely wear it though; last time was to a Hallowe'en party a number of years ago. Don't feel much like a cowboy anymore...

Yes Sedona is a great place too. We saw that some years ago so did not do it this time as we packed in so much for this trip. To answer Rad's question we are pretty much making a bee line home. Planning to go home through Las Vegas and up through Nevada and not Salt Lake like we did coming down.

Here are a couple more pics of Arches:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Yes Sedona is a great place too. We saw that some years ago so did not do it this time as we packed in so much for this trip. To answer Rad's question we are pretty much making a bee line home. Planning to go home through Las Vegas and up through Nevada and not Salt Lake like we did coming down.

Here are a couple more pics of Arches:

Las Vegas, hope you have your lucky shorts on. Work hard at it then you can sponsor a Grille golf outing. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Time for a little wake me up in the Grille. This one goes out to tol, inspired by his signature...

[media=]

[/media]

And with all this talk of Vegas...

[media=]

[/media]

Not bad for five guys from Kingston that met at Queens University and the rest as they say is history...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just make sure that you drill pilot holes for the nails before you try and put it together, Wriggles. When it's that hard to cut it will be a bear to nail or screw into. Sure makes one appreciate having access to sharp tools when faced with those sorts of projects.

We used to have a few old apple trees left from what was once the orchard. I never understood exactly why my father left the ones in the fence row standing as they were basically dead anyway. I had purchased a new chain saw to deal with the clean-up after an ice storm and decided to put it to work cutting down the last three apple trees. Man was that wood tough! I had to have a freshly sharpened chain to do each tree and those trees weren't very big, maybe 12"-15" trunks.

A long time ago we had a lot of Elm trees on the property. Sometime in the early 70's these trees were infected with Dutch Elm disease and a gov't program was initiated to help pay for having the infected trees cut down. I believe there was over 100 on this property that were cut down! Huge majestic trees over 50 feet tall with over 50 feet of spread. They were along all the fence rows and lined the laneway front to back. They provided lots of shade for grazing cattle in the summer months. It seemed like such a crime to this young fella that all these wonderful trees had to go, but they were dying anyway. A couple of the biggest had trunks that were in excess of 4 foot in diameter. The Massey loader we had back then could barely lift a 4 foot section of those trees. WE spent the next several year burning out stumps with any kind of junk lying around that was flammable. Times sure have changed because we couldn't do that today!

We remove fence rows from fields to open up driveways or combine fields for larger equipment. The government will allow you to remove the trees if it's not a wetland or highly erodible lands and you can prove that they were at one time clear cut. They have very old aerial photos at USDA you can look them up and find if the trees were always there. In most cases the fence rows were not always there. They grew in over the years. We cut most of the wood to heat the farm houses, and our farm buildings. We do burn up all the brush in the field.

Your chain shouldn't go dull that fast unless there was metal in the tree like a fence or something. It's very common to have old fence grow into the trees in fence rows. The other thing is if the oiler isn't working on your saw. If the chain is not being oiled it will not last long. It gets hot and gets dull very fast. Might be worth looking into.

Welcome indeed. I don't drop by here like I used to mainly cause I was staying way to late having way to much fun.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Just make sure that you drill pilot holes for the nails before you try and put it together, Wriggles. When it's that hard to cut it will be a bear to nail or screw into. Sure makes one appreciate having access to sharp tools when faced with those sorts of projects.

We used to have a few old apple trees left from what was once the orchard. I never understood exactly why my father left the ones in the fence row standing as they were basically dead anyway. I had purchased a new chain saw to deal with the clean-up after an ice storm and decided to put it to work cutting down the last three apple trees. Man was that wood tough! I had to have a freshly sharpened chain to do each tree and those trees weren't very big, maybe 12"-15" trunks.

A long time ago we had a lot of Elm trees on the property. Sometime in the early 70's these trees were infected with Dutch Elm disease and a gov't program was initiated to help pay for having the infected trees cut down. I believe there was over 100 on this property that were cut down! Huge majestic trees over 50 feet tall with over 50 feet of spread. They were along all the fence rows and lined the laneway front to back. They provided lots of shade for grazing cattle in the summer months. It seemed like such a crime to this young fella that all these wonderful trees had to go, but they were dying anyway. A couple of the biggest had trunks that were in excess of 4 foot in diameter. The Massey loader we had back then could barely lift a 4 foot section of those trees. WE spent the next several year burning out stumps with any kind of junk lying around that was flammable. Times sure have changed because we couldn't do that today!

We remove fence rows from fields to open up driveways or combine fields for larger equipment. The government will allow you to remove the trees if it's not a wetland or highly erodible lands and you can prove that they were at one time clear cut. They have very old aerial photos at USDA you can look them up and find if the trees were always there. In most cases the fence rows were not always there. They grew in over the years. We cut most of the wood to heat the farm houses, and our farm buildings. We do burn up all the brush in the field.

Your chain shouldn't go dull that fast unless there was metal in the tree like a fence or something. It's very common to have old fence grow into the trees in fence rows. The other thing is if the oiler isn't working on your saw. If the chain is not being oiled it will not last long. It gets hot and gets dull very fast. Might be worth looking into.

Welcome indeed. I don't drop by here like I used to mainly cause I was staying way to late having way to much fun.

Sounds like you need a GED...................Geritol, Ensure and.......... Depends............to contain that ham and cheese

bagel you ate this morning.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

You could hear a golf bag fall in here tonight.

SLED Gemini

You often hear "if the shoe fits....................." but you never hear "that shoe don't fit" ......... or "that dog hunts" or

"he's smarter than a box of semiconductors" or "faster than box of minute rice"

What are the other sayings we are missing out on?

SLED Gemini

The good news for all retirees...The medical science department at Ohio State University has, after ten years research and study,published

in the American journal of Medicine their discovery....If you have not grown up by age 65,you don't have to

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

" if you aren't living on the edge,you're taking up too much room"

" Whoever said money cant buy happiness was shopping in the wrong places"

" two wrongs are just the beginning"

Awesome!

"Yesterday was the last day of the first of your life"

"A day early and a dollar over"

"Fast water runs shallow"

SLED Gemini

Looked in and could not see anyone, have yet to look at the vids Sco posted, bit later will do so. Been in shed all day making the latest house project, only needs paint tomorrow and then screw it to the wall.

Sleep tight Grillers.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You could hear a golf bag fall in here tonight.

Could not hear anything drop at home this afternoon. We were predicted a little rain it was absolutely torrential, the sort that drenches you through to the skin in 5 seconds and that is no exaggeration, I was sitting thinking of all the golfers out at my home club today, monthly medal competition, the course would be full.

Our two Siamese cats were out in the catrun, they were screaming at the top of their voices, I had to go out take them in one at a time as they were trying to get away, I was very wet but the good side is they never bit me or attacked me which would be normal the state they were in.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You often hear "if the shoe fits....................." but you never hear "that shoe don't fit" ......... or "that dog hunts" or

"he's smarter than a box of semiconductors" or "faster than box of minute rice"

What are the other sayings we are missing out on?

Let lying dogs sleep... haha

Can't get an edge in wordwise...

A thought for your pennies

Treeing up the wrong bark

Chewing up more than you can bite

Every lining has a silver cloud

Best sliced thing since bread

Kill two stones with one bird

A thousand pictures paint one word

The left has Elvis bullding

Recall the old cigarette ad, "Winstons taste good, like a cigarette should." The ad featured someone asking, if you want good grammar or good taste.

Just saw a question on Jeopardy earlier this week. It seems Kent cigarettes had a Micronite filter. Had asbestos in it. If the cigarettes didn't kill you, the asbestos would. I recall the brand.

"Call for Phillip Morris."

LSMFT Lucky Strike means fine tobacco.

Watching some of the old commercials on youtube is quite entertaining. One sponsor of the Beverly Hillbillies was Winston. I don't recall that, only Kelloggs corn flakes. The commercial shows Jed and Granny extoling the virtues of Winstons. Granny has the cig sticking out of her corncob pipe. Another has Jethro telling Miss Jane that he wishes he was old enough to smoke Winstons.

Today's ads are just telling people how to kill themselves in a different fashion.

Golfed nine yesterday. Never saw the course wetter. Feet soaked, haven't sprung for the Dryjoys yet. Looked at a lot of reviews, though, on different shoes. Every one I saw gives rave reviews to different brands and models. Then one or two guys comment about their feet getting wet on the first hole, the only walkers, I guess. 0% chance of rain yesterday, and it still poured for a few minutes around 4:00 pm.

A mild, dry winter is what I'm hoping for.

Keep dry, guys.

Recall the old cigarette ad, "Winstons taste good, like a cigarette should." The ad featured someone asking, if you want good grammar or good taste.

Just saw a question on Jeopardy earlier this week. It seems Kent cigarettes had a Micronite filter. Had asbestos in it. If the cigarettes didn't kill you, the asbestos would. I recall the brand.

Watching some of the old commercials on youtube is quite entertaining. One sponsor of the Beverly Hillbillies was Winston. I don't recall that, only Kelloggs corn flakes. The commercial shows Jed and Granny extoling the virtues of Winstons. Granny has the cig sticking out of her corncob pipe. Another has Jethro telling Miss Jane that he wishes he was old enough to smoke Winstons.

Today's ads are just telling people how to kill themselves in a different fashion.

Golfed nine yesterday. Never saw the course wetter. Feet soaked, haven't sprung for the Dryjoys yet. Looked at a lot of reviews, though, on different shoes. Every one I saw gives rave reviews to different brands and models. Then one or two guys comment about their feet getting wet on the first hole, the only walkers, I guess. 0% chance of rain yesterday, and it still poured for a few minutes around 4:00 pm.

Keep dry, guys.

I agree on the cigarette commercials Wriggs, here's an ironic one, check this out, looking back on it now, makes you wonder what we may be doing wrong nowadays that they make wonder about 60 years from now?

Never understood the fascination with Siamese cats. Everyone I ever ran across was mental, not to mention the sour and vicious disposition as well!

Being a farmer, I've always preferred the barn cat. Lots of variety in colouring and generally a pretty solid constitution due to the nature of their feral background. Our current cat, while growing testy with age, is really just a big affectionate suck who always wants to be the centre of attention. But, like tol's cats, she absolutely hates getting caught in the rain! She is currently sitting on top of the filing cabinet watching me type this message out with that look on her face of why aren't you paying attention to me? There's definitely a bit of Garfield in her!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Keep dry, guys.

I agree on the cigarette commercials Wriggs, here's an ironic one, check this out, looking back on it now, makes you wonder what we may be doing wrong nowadays that they make wonder about 60 years from now?

[media=]

[/media]

Oh I'm sure there will be commentary about all manner of our current habits from consumption of processed foods, to fizzy drinks, to sitting in front of screens all day, to a complete and total lack of basic exercise as we flit about from place to place in our cars as a result of our commuter lifestyle.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)