2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Well we spent the better part of yesterday in the ER with our son. He's 36, single so he only has us. He lives about an hour away-called us and said he had several bouts this week with a problem of his heart pounding uncontrollably strong and fast typically, when he was not active at all, and yesterday it was really bad (and he's a runner). So he went to urgent care, they did a quick blood check and said 'go to ER now', so he called us back on the way to ER. We headed out right away. When all was said and done, turns out he has something called Supraventricular Tachycardia. It's not as serious as it seemed at first yesterday, but it was quite an ordeal in the beginning for all of us, especially when you are facing the unknown.

I told my DW after we were able to relax later, that this was the first time we have ever been there for any of our kids as adults in an emergency room health type situation. It was a strange feeling, as our oldest daughter is 42, and our youngest is 33, I guess you begin to think about their lives in a different way, not kids anymore of course. He just completed his first marathon last year, and takes excellent care of himself, so now he will be going to a cardiologist- I thought I was the only one supposed to be going to the cardiologist.... :crazy:

https://www.mayoclin...es/syc-20355243

Well we spent the better part of yesterday in the ER with our son. He's 36, single so he only has us. He lives about an hour away-called us and said he had several bouts this week with a problem of his heart pounding uncontrollably strong and fast typically, when he was not active at all, and yesterday it was really bad (and he's a runner). So he went to urgent care, they did a quick blood check and said 'go to ER now', so he called us back on the way to ER. We headed out right away. When all was said and done, turns out he has something called Supraventricular Tachycardia. It's not as serious as it seemed at first yesterday, but it was quite an ordeal in the beginning for all of us, especially when you are facing the unknown.

I told my DW after we were able to relax later, that this was the first time we have ever been there for any of our kids as adults in an emergency room health type situation. It was a strange feeling, as our oldest daughter is 42, and our youngest is 33, I guess you begin to think about their lives in a different way, not kids anymore of course. He just completed his first marathon last year, and takes excellent care of himself, so now he will be going to a cardiologist- I thought I was the only one supposed to be going to the cardiologist.... :crazy:

https://www.mayoclin...es/syc-20355243

Sorry Sixty that your son is having SVT. The good news is that it has nothing to do with heart disease or fitness. Lots of athletes and runners get this. I had my first episode in my 30's. Suddenly my heart just took off very fast and really scared me. The docs did not seem to be too concerned about it but I ended up in the ER and had a chemical re-start of my heart to break the cycle. Over time it started to happen more and more often and for longer duration, They gave me three options. 1. Live with it. 2. Take drugs to control it. or 3. Have an ablation procedure to kill the extra pacemaker tissue that caused the loop. I finally had that done about 10 years ago and have been fine since. I am confident that he will be fine and that they can fix this for him. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am somewhat of an expert now :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Today was anniversary Sunday at our church; 163 years young! There were over 80 people in the pews, that's the most I've seen in our small rural church in many a year.

So many of the small rural churches are closing due to a lack of support, it's nice to see one that is thriving as the leader of our musical guest performers put it. There's a real warmth that you feel when you walk in the doors and that is because of you the parishioners!

This afternoon, following the potluck lunch at church, we headed south to the neighboring town for a funeral for the matriarch of one of the larger farm families. The chapel was filled to overflowing with friends, family and neighbours from across the decades. A huge outpouring of memories involving the experiences gained from the association with a well respected community figure. Fittingly a wake was held at the local Legion where many old acquaintances were renewed on a glorious fall day. As my DIL put it: Grandma decided to leave us this week because she knew that we would all get together as a result. She loved a good party and she's smiling down on us now! :heart:

Gracie was 92 years young and she would say: Don't worry, it's okay. I've had a good life!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

No mention of win #80 for Tiger................so I'll mention it........Phil 24 shots back in last place? What up Phil......Ryder Cup

next week!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

No mention of win #80 for Tiger................so I'll mention it........Phil 24 shots back in last place? What up Phil......Ryder Cup

next week!

Bench warmer? Cheerleader?

You'd almost think that he should be reduced to that roll, but I suspect he will play at least once in the team matches as well as the singles matches.

As for Tiger's victory, I guess you can put me in Johnie Miller's camp of Who'da thunk it? Perhaps the greatest career comeback of all time in the field of sport considering what the man has been through. That was the most emotion I've ever seen Tiger display over all the years!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I linked up with my 85 year old pal on the course yesterday. He rides, and we played 6 holes together. After #9, he said he felt terrible, his leg was hurting. I asked him if he was OK to drive, he said he was. I told him to call me if he needed anything.

I kept on playing another 10 holes, then quit. My buddy is a accident or ER incident waiting to happen. One daughter lives a couple blocks away, and it seems she does very little for her Dad. Another daughter lives in New Jersey, and a single son in Harrisburg. Seeing how my pal really does not have help, makes me never regret being childless. The norm is the parents fend for themselves and help the children, more than the other way around. Everyone is too busy to take care of anybody.

It's like the neighborhood children. The parents just allow their children to go wild. The parents on both sides are never seen, don't seem to make any effort to know what their kids are doing. The kids just do what they want, no supervision whatsoever.

The kids were riding Big Wheels on the missus's new concrete walk and patio. Real nice for the kids. Mrs. Wriggles had enough, and told the kids that our place wasn't the playground. The children left, didn't say anything. Then the football playing started. I told her to forget it.

A fence or move, either is OK by me.

Whatever makes the missus happy is my motto, Wriggles. Happy wife; happy life sort of thing. (I think that exhausts all those sorts of sayings! ;))

No guarantee that the neighbours will be any better at the next location should you decide to move, but maybe a fence could be a requirement and your missus will feel better about being away from the chemical plant. Makes me vote move, but that's probably just because that's what I'm working towards myself. I can understand your reluctance though with so many connections to your current community. It will be very strange for us when we eventually leave; yesterday being a prime example of what shall be missed.

--------------------------------

#2 son and DIL flew in Saturday night for the funeral and are staying with us now until they return home to Penticton on Wednesday. I don't expect to see much of them as they have people to see and things to attend to while they are back in the east.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Absolutely stunning pics from Sixty and Doc Scotee.

Dad had the fast heart thing, too. As I recall some med called "quintiglute" (sp?) kept his ticker working well.

Home inspections - funny how in a seller's market, they don't end up changing the price tag much, barring any major issues. But in a buyer's market the onus to fix it or reduce the price becomes a real thing. In my days gone by, I never let silly things like dripping faucet and such get in the way. All I ever wanted to know as a buyer or seller was if any major foundation issues or major mechanical problems were in play.

Anywho - best to you guys on your buy/sell projects.

Played Saturday. Was surprised having not touched a club since before the storm. Hit the ball solidly. Some things were just that little bit off in terms of direction and club selection. Little things like chipping were struck according to plan but rolled out a good bit more or less than planned. Putting was better than expected even though a few brain-dead strokes happened. Was in two bunkers and got out of them but nowhere near where I was looking - lol. So all in all... it was golf on the heels of some brutal crap going on with mother nature. Had a good time and was just happy to be out there. It was among the more peaceful and relaxing rounds I've had in a good while. Left with that warm feeling in the soul.

Wriggs - You're NOT a grumpy old man. Far from it.

What becomes of Penny if you move???

Spooky - I agree. Once a person gets a lesson (or three or five or ten) from someone good at instruction - you sort of wish it for others. Hate hearing the horror stories of lousy student/instructor relationships. A good experience is SO worth it. It awakens things - very good things. :stop:

I think we may be in for a nice fall in terms of beautiful tree colors here this year. Reason being (no relation to our Reason) is that everything is very green still here due to the abundance of and the timing of rain that we've had, plus the lack of a hot summer. The trees are still very green and full, so are the lawns. Usually by now they are a bit brown and withered. So perhaps it will be a stellar year here in central Ohio for fall colors. I can see it now, the terrain painted with beautiful leaves of red, orange, yellow, gold, and lime, as far as the eye can see... either that or it will look scuzzy :taunt:

more...

Stunning pictures Sixty, never have those views in Australia, gum trees which are our majority are evergreens and the others do not colour as nice as those.

Enjoy your trip scotee, DW did all those areas in her world trip and has fond memories of the mountains, awesome sight standing there looking at nature.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I linked up with my 85 year old pal on the course yesterday. He rides, and we played 6 holes together. After #9, he said he felt terrible, his leg was hurting. I asked him if he was OK to drive, he said he was. I told him to call me if he needed anything.

I kept on playing another 10 holes, then quit. My buddy is a accident or ER incident waiting to happen. One daughter lives a couple blocks away, and it seems she does very little for her Dad. Another daughter lives in New Jersey, and a single son in Harrisburg. Seeing how my pal really does not have help, makes me never regret being childless. The norm is the parents fend for themselves and help the children, more than the other way around. Everyone is too busy to take care of anybody.

It's like the neighborhood children. The parents just allow their children to go wild. The parents on both sides are never seen, don't seem to make any effort to know what their kids are doing. The kids just do what they want, no supervision whatsoever.

The kids were riding Big Wheels on the missus's new concrete walk and patio. Real nice for the kids. Mrs. Wriggles had enough, and told the kids that our place wasn't the playground. The children left, didn't say anything. Then the football playing started. I told her to forget it.

No real choice Wriggs, a fence it has to be as you do not seem to be sold on moving. Without parental supervision they will only be more entitled as they grow older and then you will have major problems, they obviously have no respect for anyone’s belongings. If it was me the words would be much stronger than you apear to use, have no tolerance for disrespect.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Whatever makes the missus happy is my motto, Wriggles. Happy wife; happy life sort of thing. (I think that exhausts all those sorts of sayings! ;))

No guarantee that the neighbours will be any better at the next location should you decide to move, but maybe a fence could be a requirement and your missus will feel better about being away from the chemical plant. Makes me vote move, but that's probably just because that's what I'm working towards myself. I can understand your reluctance though with so many connections to your current community. It will be very strange for us when we eventually leave; yesterday being a prime example of what shall be missed.

--------------------------------

#2 son and DIL flew in Saturday night for the funeral and are staying with us now until they return home to Penticton on Wednesday. I don't expect to see much of them as they have people to see and things to attend to while they are back in the east.

I can understand the reluctance to move, it never impacted us as we have not lived in a community orientated area, where we are now is the closest we have been to it. It must be difficult to discard all the friends and community spirit you have where you are now, and it would never be the same in a new house because of the time it takes to get involved, nowerdays people seem to be reluctant to involve themselves with newcomers. It must be extreemly difficulty breaking up a life when you have been there so long, I know how difficult it is for us and we have only been 10 years at our longest stay.

When we moved from the rural area to a city area 10 years ago we had difficulty selling, we were on five acres, a newly built house in pristine condition and it took 12 months to sell, mainly because a agent could not bother himself to bring people out. When we changed to a different agent in the same office she had a sale in less than 4 weeks, I don’t know why we were so reluctant to change agents but it worked when we did. The old agent even apologised to us after the sale, he said he could have worked harder, we blame him in part for my wife’s heart condition as it was extreemly stressful.

The main thing we found with moving is let it happen as it will, obsessing over the sale was our mistake, at least you have somewhere to stay when it does sell so you are not under too much stress to find a new home quickly.

Keep safe and try to enjoy the experiance, I know easier said than done.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Today was anniversary Sunday at our church; 163 years young! There were over 80 people in the pews, that's the most I've seen in our small rural church in many a year.

So many of the small rural churches are closing due to a lack of support, it's nice to see one that is thriving as the leader of our musical guest performers put it. There's a real warmth that you feel when you walk in the doors and that is because of you the parishioners!

This afternoon, following the potluck lunch at church, we headed south to the neighboring town for a funeral for the matriarch of one of the larger farm families. The chapel was filled to overflowing with friends, family and neighbours from across the decades. A huge outpouring of memories involving the experiences gained from the association with a well respected community figure. Fittingly a wake was held at the local Legion where many old acquaintances were renewed on a glorious fall day. As my DIL put it: Grandma decided to leave us this week because she knew that we would all get together as a result. She loved a good party and she's smiling down on us now! :heart:

Gracie was 92 years young and she would say: Don't worry, it's okay. I've had a good life!

I know death is part of living, however I want to put mine off as long as possible, too much to do. A friend of DW was over for lunch yesterday and at one point she said, so you are near 80, struck home just how little time there is left.

Having said that it’s good that the community came together to celebrate her life.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

OK, back to practicalities, today, sorting wood in front yard, tidying shed after renovation, planning and producing a cutting list for the next cupboard I have to make, then it’s time for breakfast :) the rest of the day I will be busy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, anyone who has doubted the importance of shafts...............Tiger's wild driving.........dumped the shaft and

replaced...............hit many more fairways.................and won.

GET OFF MY LAWN!! I fully sympathize Wriggs. We had those hurricane refugees in the house next door last

year........I posted about it in here........Cobi told them.........GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Thankfully, it was a temporary

situation. We have new neighbors now that bought that house. They are awesome; a very nice young couple

with 2 little girls.........and they play in their own yard.........which is plenty big enough...........and the husband/

father plays golf! We plan to tee it up later this fall when I'm home. He's friends with a course super at a course

not far away and said we can play for FREE whenever we want to. I like it.

SLED Gemini

Well, anyone who has doubted the importance of shafts...............Tiger's wild driving.........dumped the shaft and

replaced...............hit many more fairways.................and won.

GET OFF MY LAWN!! I fully sympathize Wriggs. We had those hurricane refugees in the house next door last

year........I posted about it in here........Cobi told them.........GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Thankfully, it was a temporary

situation. We have new neighbors now that bought that house. They are awesome; a very nice young couple

with 2 little girls.........and they play in their own yard.........which is plenty big enough...........and the husband/

father plays golf! We plan to tee it up later this fall when I'm home. He's friends with a course super at a course

not far away and said we can play for FREE whenever we want to. I like it.

The coolest thing is the way shafts today bring forth options. Despite there being no real industry standards for stiffness, today you can pick the weight, flex point, yadda. Back in the day, a stiff shaft was a heavy, dead, lifeless, "thing". Heck you HAD to swing hard and fast - lol - just to get it over with!!

As a relative lightweight in shaft know-how, all I find challenging is getting through the process of elimination. LMAO - Let's face it, I've snagged a few eBay clubs - like the odd six iron here and there to try different shafts and clubs. But I feel like I've only touched 3% of the options out there.

But I'm a believer Radro. The shaft is a really big deal. I was surprised to learn that stiffness isn't NECESSARILY a function of swing speed. Time was you had to be really fast through the ball to be considered for a firmer shaft. Today - that's partly but not 100% true.

Wriggs, something to ponder about your neighbours children. The fact you are allowing them to play on your property and do not move them on implies permission. If you give someone permission to be on your property and they are hurt no matter what the reason you are liable for any medical expenses. Be careful move them on, make sure the parents know you do not want them there, children getting hurt on your property is a legal nightmare, especially in such a litigiousness society as America, move them on, do not allow them on, make sure they stay OFF.

Please in your own interest let us know you have taken action.

P S. A good sprinkler system sometimes works as does a cricket bat, baseball bat or a five iron.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

All the comments regarding the neighborhood children are valid and appreciated. Between possible lawsuits from implied permission and the other factors, decisions are difficult. I recall as a boy, we kids used to gravitate to one kid's yard, for baseball, army, and other games. I'll bet the neighbors feel as we do now. One lady (late 70's.) down the street commented how the children might retaliate at some point for any stern action. She said some of the kids use her driveway as a bike route. She fears saying anything, too. Wants also to move, husband won't.

The neighborhood went from predominately older people in very modest homes, to younger family people in older, now cheaper homes. It certainly a different world than it was 50-60 years ago. Parents just don't supervise and discipline their children. I'm sure, even in the more affluent areas of town, parents would consider anyone complaining about their little angels, would cause more trouble than good.

A fence would potentially solve the problem, without any sort of confrontation. Confrontations are ugly, people are unreasonable. A new fence was put up across the alley. The owner told me, to keep his dogs in. Yeah, same problem. His neighbor, directly across my property, is over 90, and new neighbors are on the horizon. Doesn't take a genius to figure out the mentality.

So, whether we move or not, I think a fence is the answer next Spring. I dread moving, 80% of our stuff will literally have to be given away. Even my golf stuff, a couple sets, and the rest must go. The stuff isn't worth anything, UNTIL someone ( a dummy like me) wants to buy it.

Life is too short to worry about anything, except health. I'm trying to not let this situation get to me.

Thanks for the concern, gentlemen.

PS: I'd really miss Penny. I'm sure my Penny privileges would be terminated, if her "brother/master" wasn't allowed to play on our yard.

Well I finally bit the dust and got a really nice cane for when my DW and I go places and I know we will be waiting in line, or some kind of event like the upcoming Pumpkin Show when it will be stop/go walking and I must do a lot of standing with nothing to hold on to. I've gotten too wobbly to stand in one spot too long. Even though I've gotten good at finding a place to lean against, you can't always find one. This foot drop thing on both sides hasn't been the easiest thing, but it's not game ending... So I got this cane yesterday to use for situations like this. I had my DW take me to the range recently, and still no problem there, as I use my club to lean against until I hit my shot, then I'm good to go, and it still goes amazingly well. I'm gonna stay positive about this :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2KV9HZ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?pd_rd_i=B07C2KV9HZ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=GRY71V5JEWNDXKG9RTHT&pd_rd_wg=bfYxU&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=4dFVr&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=275d013d-c0aa-11e8-9456-45d4909ef258&th=1

Another showing today only this time it will be someone looking at our property. I told the kids we'll do the once over this morning and then go out for breakfast. Run a couple errands and the prospect should be done. I wanted to do some more clean-up today with help available, but I'm thinking #2 son should go see his brother and I will play cards this afternoon. It's raining, so that would just gum up the work plans anyway.

Yesterday the kids were busy cleaning out Gracie's belongings from her room at the lodge. That's probably enough work for one abbreviated trip home as that was all they did the week they were here for the wedding. We'll sort through things one way or another. As it stands, I'm not feeling much like work anyway!

------------------------------

Got caught up last night following dinner with all that has gone on with the kids since the wedding.

The house they purchased while a reasonable starter in a great location has plenty of issues as they are discovering. Asbestos insulation around piping will have to be wrapped. Fortunately he has access to suitable safety gear at work, so he's going to tape it all rather than spending a fortune to have it remediated.

They are also going to install a new front door and repair some duct-work to help with heating efficiency/cost.

My DIL will be changing jobs starting Nov. 1 and begin commuting to Kelowna -- one and a quarter hours each way -- to work at a start-up.

The main reason my son went out west in the first place is moving on to a rival winery where he will eventually become a regional consulting winemaker and viticultural specialist. I wonder how long it will be before my son's mentor recruits him again? My son says that although he doesn't enjoy the work he's doing presently due to the corporate structure, working under Ross wasn't working for him either any longer so he is ready for a change. He is going to begin looking around for new positions in the off-season at a smaller winery with a more collegial atmosphere. In this parent's eyes it's beginning to look like the great west coast adventure isn't working out nearly as rosy as first imagined. They do enjoy the environment and the lifestyle, it's just getting the right work situation which seems to elude both of them, especially my son. The heck of it is that I think he could get work back here rather easily if they ever did decide to return.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

That’s the difficult part, clearing out their belongings. I know when my MIL passed away I left DW on her own for a few hours so she could say goodbye in her own way. Not easy but it was closure for her.

Moved home for a job once and it resulted in me meeting the love of my life, so for whatever reason they should give it a go it can work out. It’s difficult though trying to give your grown children career advice, we are careful to not put our spin on our sons work. What you have to do is be subtle about it, I am sure you can drop enough hints for it to start the brain cells thinking in the correct direction :) if you are not completely happy with your work it will impact every facet of your life.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Things aren't right with the world. Need the gang's support in solutions to the following:

1. The Spork. I think the knife got cheated in the deal. Thoughts on the "knorsp"?

2. Heard the original bulldozer was an actual narcoleptic bull that gave it hell when he was awake. Fact or fiction?

3. Why am I told by people who eat snails that if knew what went into a hotdog I wouldn't eat it?

4. Working on a patent for wax removal of backyard bushes if anyone wants in on it. Just say'n.

5. Why is there a "c" in Tucson and while we're at it, who took the "z" sound out of Boise?

Things aren't right with the world. Need the gang's support in solutions to the following:

1. The Spork. I think the knife got cheated in the deal. Thoughts on the "knorsp"?

2. Heard the original bulldozer was an actual narcoleptic bull that gave it hell when he was awake. Fact or fiction?

3. Why am I told by people who eat snails that if knew what went into a hotdog I wouldn't eat it?

4. Working on a patent for wax removal of backyard bushes if anyone wants in on it. Just say'n.

5. Why is there a "c" in Tucson and while we're at it, who took the "z" sound out of Boise?

1. I think with a 'knork' (sans spoon) you could cut the cheese, so there may be other combinations to consider

2. I heard it was a rookie rodeo clown named Ronnie, thus Ronnie the Rookie Rodeo Clown. He had sleep apnea at the worst possible times, therefore he was only a rookie on his debut night, then Ronnie got rampaged by Rugged Rompin' Red, a bull from River City...

3. Hot dogs love to cool off by riding in the car, when you tell them to jump in, they sit on their little dog Word not allowed, thus Word not allowed-car-go.... some call it escargot.

4. Just don't mess with the bushes in front

5. The same people who put the z in Larrazabel and then they told the golf announcers "you know, in Spain, z is pronounced 'th', but a good way to confuse and piss everybody off is to pronounce the z 'th'... you of course will be inteligente, and they will instantly be idiotas"...

1. I think with a 'knork' (sans spoon) you could cut the cheese, so there may be other combinations to consider

2. I heard it was a rookie rodeo clown named Ronnie, thus Ronnie the Rookie Rodeo Clown. He had sleep apnea at the worst possible times, therefore he was only a rookie on his debut night, then Ronnie got rampaged by Rugged Rompin' Red, a bull from River City...

3. Hot dogs love to cool off by riding in the car, when you tell them to jump in, they sit on their little dog Word not allowed, thus Word not allowed-car-go.... some call it escargot.

4. Just don't mess with the bushes in front

5. The same people who put the z in Larrazabel and then they told the golf announcers "you know, in Spain, z is pronounced 'th', but a good way to confuse and piss everybody off is to pronounce the z 'th'... you of course will be inteligente, and they will instantly be idiotas"...

I had what i thought was a clever reply to Reasy's musings and then I see what Sixty wrote...

My attempts at humour thusly blunted, they will remain in the privacy of my own mind. Just can't follow Sixty's mike drop! (And here, I was going to blame the English for odd combinations of spelling and pronunciation... Turns out it has been the Spanish all along!)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I had what i thought was a clever reply to Reasy's musings and then I see what Sixty wrote...

My attempts at humour thusly blunted, they will remain in the privacy of my own mind. Just can't follow Sixty's mike drop! (And here, I was going to blame the English for odd combinations of spelling and pronunciation... Turns out it has been the Spanish all along!)

Yeah, they can't say the Z in Larazzabel, but they put a Z in Jose... what's up with that?

Reasy you do know that the "spork" was invented by one of the guys that started Bojangles in Charlotte? The first Bojangles was up at NC-16 and I -85 which has been closed up for a long time now

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

As fate would have it a co-worker of my son's out in BC is looking for a set of golf clubs. I think I have his attention with my front line bag with the Ping i25's and Titleist driver/wedges. I asked my son what he was looking for; a beginner set or a kick a** set? He told me he'd probably like the kick a** set even though he isn't very good, so that's what I offered him.

I have no idea how often or even if I will play in the future. I've got plenty of clubs to throw something together to scuffle around a golf course on occasion, so I figured I may as well move what someone wants rather than old vintage sticks that most couldn't give two hoots about. Truth be told, if I ever do get back to playing regularly it's likely to be some soft graphite shafted SGI hybrid things that I don't yet own anyway.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

How come Camillo is pronounced Ca Meal Low and Villegas is pronounced Vee Jay Gus???

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)