Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Locally we have over 40 large strawberry farms, they cover thousands of acres, employ thousands of workers. The largest farm has a daily wage bill during the season of $25,000 a day. The goodness of people has now come to the fore, the past three days there has been a constant queue of cars leading up to the farms, at least a three hour wait to purchase strawberries.

On the negative in Sydney someone has found a needle in a mango, we are just starting the mango season and it is worth almost a billion dollars a year. Let’s hope they sort it before that industry is stuffed.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

tol I'm sure you will remember this one :)

Now that’s going back a while, he was a good fun performer, Lonnie Donegan and his skiffle group. Listened to him heaps in his hey day and as they always say, don’t make them like that anymore.

Edit.

Just educated my son, he is 35 and never heard of Lonnie, played it for him to show what real music is like, LOL moment.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Glad you're doing great Reasy!

On the lighter side...........this funny video of a weather channel guy faking drama while others

stroll by unfazed.

[media=]http://youtu.be/iKFI-eZPPfE[/media]

Saw that. Hilarious! Fake news :)

Glad you East guys are safe and well. I imagine my classmate in Asheville will get a lot of rain too. They say between the amount of rain, the storm surge and then the rain expected in the mountains, you could get water coming from all sides!

Mrs. scotee sold our rental house last week in Walla Walla. We bought it when daughter 4 was in college and nursing school. It always rented well but the last renters trashed the place. I was not happy with the property manager. He did not do his job and allowed lots of pet damage when there were supposed to be no pets and other damage. The nice new lawn we put in with sod died and went to weeds. Some of the trees died from lack of water. We had to take out all the carpet and pads. An unreported leak around a sky light did damage that required some re-framiing and sheet rock. All new interior paint. We decided it was not worth the trouble any more. We worked very hard to get it put back together and we decided to do sale by owner to save a bunch of commission. Well good news! The market is hot and we had four serious buyers within a week of planting the for sale sign in the yard. A bidding war broke out and we got a lot more than asking price. We thought our big farm house sold for too little when we moved here and paid top dollar for this place so it was nice to be on the better end of this deal. Mrs. scotee found an agent that is happy to work with sale by owners for a very reasonable fixed fee. Now we hope the appraisal and inspection go well and we can cross off one more headache from our lives. Rentals sux.

I know most renters are good people but it only takes one to stuff it up. A friend in the UK had a holiday rental that he rented out to a workmate having problems. They did not like walking round to the dining room from the kitchen so they hammered a hole though the wall, did not find out till they left the job and moved out.

Sounds like they rented the place out to Mr. Bean. I know a guy who is the living Mr. Bean, just blind to everything. His Scottish great grandfather was an American Civil war veteran, and a prominent attorney. The family mansion was torn down a decade or so ago, needed something like a million in repairs. Had been out of the family for decades and subdivided into apartments. There was some historic society stink about saving it. A new house sits on the site of the old place.

Anyhow, the family's fortunes took a downward spiral, after great granddad passed. "Mr. Bean" still looks at himself as an aristocrat. He lives in a small rundown cottage, retired from a state clerical job, and directs his attention to passing the entire day at the local pubs. He's fortunate; people seem to accept him, where others would be having visits from "offices on aging" or other agencies to determine mental competence.

What I never can understand, is that the bar owners allow this guy to spend all day in their establishments, reading, chatting and nursing beers. He spends a great deal of money and probably tips well, but most of us have gotten the bums rush in restaurants and bars, for being there too long. I don't think I'd want a patron spending all day at my bar.

Anyhow, I just saw "Mr. Bean" the other day. In his own world, just like his TV counterpart.

Started another painting today, our art day. Three on the go at present, stuck a little on my last one, the colours are difficult to mix. Searching the web for ideas.

Like Mr bean, absolutely stupid but so funny.

Was going to golf tomorrow but recently having problems with both shoulders, cannot take any pressure and they hurt constantly. I know I should slow down a little but when you have worked hard all your adult life, it’s difficult to back off, especially when you can see stuff that requires attention.

Hope Stu and the rest are safe, must be bad for them as the water has been rising rapidly. Difficult to do anything with your head under water.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Come to think of it; Stu and Reasy have been quiet. I hope they are OK. Sometimes in the aftermath

of these events it can be difficult to get around because so many areas are closed off by flood waters,

downed trees and wires and general debris. It can take weeks and months for life to return to anything

resembling "normal".

I'm still getting text messages from Love's Travel Stops advising me to check ahead of time if going into

that area to see which of their locations are open or closed.

After the storm moves on the publicity dies down and the national attention goes away but often the

problems for those living in the affected areas are just beginning.

See you guys down the road somewhere if I can find some wifi. Leaving early and will try to get down to Provo tomorrow night. Then on to Zion and Bryce and Moab and Monument Valley and Page and Grand Canyon and Sun City to check on my folks. Mrs. scotee is getting a much deserved vacay. Road trip baby! We'll be pushing the "Hippie Van" down the hi way team driving style. Well maybe little wheels turning ;)

[media=]

[/media]

Eddie Rabbit remember his version in '75.' Ouch. And interesting name for a country singer.

Any word from Stu?

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[media=]

[/media]

Now that's going back a while, he was a good fun performer, Lonnie Donegan and his skiffle group. Listened to him heaps in his hey day and as they always say, don't make them like that anymore.

Edit.

Just educated my son, he is 35 and never heard of Lonnie, played it for him to show what real music is like, LOL moment.

Then you'll know this one too :) ....

[media=]

[/media]

Now that's going back a while, he was a good fun performer, Lonnie Donegan and his skiffle group. Listened to him heaps in his hey day and as they always say, don't make them like that anymore.

Edit.

Then you'll know this one too :) ....

Another classic, good entertainer fun and funny.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Crazy week here as we get really serious about this real estate sale with so many balls up in the air at once. Photographer was here Monday, Tuesday spent on the phone attempting to arrange countless things. Today was bank day and the clean-up contractor began taking loads out. Tomorrow we're going to look at a house. It's just nuts!

Apparently there has been interest already so things could move fairly quickly. We took a house from fully occupied to emptied, cleaned and made saleable in 12 weeks with no outside help so I guess a project like this using contractors is possible in a similar timeline. There will be no time for golf or curling or any other activities for that matter, but perhaps that's just as well. It has been less than a week and I'm exhausted already! Definitely looking forward to the various getaways that we have planned throughout the fall and winter. We will have earned it regardless of where we call home.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Crazy week here as we get really serious about this real estate sale with so many balls up in the air at once. Photographer was here Monday, Tuesday spent on the phone attempting to arrange countless things. Today was bank day and the clean-up contractor began taking loads out. Tomorrow we're going to look at a house. It's just nuts!

Apparently there has been interest already so things could move fairly quickly. We took a house from fully occupied to emptied, cleaned and made saleable in 12 weeks with no outside help so I guess a project like this using contractors is possible in a similar timeline. There will be no time for golf or curling or any other activities for that matter, but perhaps that's just as well. It has been less than a week and I'm exhausted already! Definitely looking forward to the various getaways that we have planned throughout the fall and winter. We will have earned it regardless of where we call home.

All the best Sco, this is definitely the worst time hoping for a quick sale and trying to find somewhere suitable. We did not sell our last house untill we had moved into this one, the time before we were caught in no mans land, house gone only 4 weeks to move out and all we were looking at suddenly dissapeared off the market, the real estate companies left them on line when they were sold so when we wanted to view them they were gone, the only one still for sale in our price range was not what we wanted. Don’t know what real Eastate sales people are like in Canada, but in Australia they are not very good and that is being kind. Lesson learned so the last one went extreemly smooth.

It will all be over soon and you can settle back into a smooth routine, don’t do too much, use the men you have hired, if you are anything like me you cannot help getting involved and trying to take over. Always getting into trouble for it. Be cool Sco a bright future ahead.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Come to think of it; Stu and Reasy have been quiet. I hope they are OK. Sometimes in the aftermath

of these events it can be difficult to get around because so many areas are closed off by flood waters,

downed trees and wires and general debris. It can take weeks and months for life to return to anything

resembling "normal".

I'm still getting text messages from Love's Travel Stops advising me to check ahead of time if going into

that area to see which of their locations are open or closed.

After the storm moves on the publicity dies down and the national attention goes away but often the

problems for those living in the affected areas are just beginning.

Thank you very kindly Radro. The mess in terms of general debris and cleanups has been more than a little consuming. As said, our own property took far less of a hit than others. Some gents on the block needed more help for tasks requiring at least two people. A handful of us are lending a hand to one another as these things have a way of leading to injury and death in the aftermath and we're determined to avoid that one.

As for Stu, let me know if anyone has already sent a PM and gotten response. If not I'll send him a quick note. His dose of it has to be far more concerning than mine. It wobbled around pretty much over his head for quite a while. You guys can check for yourselves but you'll find random golf courses in his area are just now opening for nine holes only as they clean up. A hurricane or tornado is an oddly selective critter. It will literally level one property while two doors down there's not much damage at all. No telling which way the coin flipped for him. Keeping good thoughts for our bud Stu. He's a survivor.

Thanks Reasy. We were impressed with the house we looked at. Ticked all of the boxes. DW is pretty good at sleuthing out these finds before we even bother to go take a look. The big question becomes do we want to carry two properties simultaneously and perhaps for a while. While doable, it would be very tight and I imagine quite stressful. We decided to sleep on it for a day or so as there is an open house scheduled for Sunday. It will be independent thought though as DW is away overnight to a conference with a co-worker.

An unexpected pleasant surprise is coming our way in that #2 son and DIL will be coming home tomorrow until Wednesday due to a death in the family (DIL's grandmother). We didn't even know about it, but will attend visitation tomorrow evening.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hope all of you have been doing well.

Played 18 today. Shot 97 with an 8 and two 7s on the card. I’ve had a couple lessons over the last 6 weeks or so and have been working on my swing. Didn’t really score much better but it sure felt like I was playing better.? Had some nice shots and some nice holes.

It was fun and as always it’s a work in progress. I would encourage everyone to go out and get a lesson or two with an instructor that they feel comfortable with. I wish I had done it sooner.

Played 18 today. Shot 97 with an 8 and two 7s on the card. I've had a couple lessons over the last 6 weeks or so and have been working on my swing. Didn't really score much better but it sure felt like I was playing better.? Had some nice shots and some nice holes.

It was fun and as always it's a work in progress. I would encourage everyone to go out and get a lesson or two with an instructor that they fee comfortable with. I wish I had done it sooner.

Glad you had a great time Spooky. Played my first round in over a year last Sunday. It felt really good to

be back out there. I've really missed it.

Played 18 today. Shot 97 with an 8 and two 7s on the card. I've had a couple lessons over the last 6 weeks or so and have been working on my swing. Didn't really score much better but it sure felt like I was playing better.? Had some nice shots and some nice holes.

It was fun and as always it's a work in progress. I would encourage everyone to go out and get a lesson or two with an instructor that they fee comfortable with. I wish I had done it sooner.

Glad you had a great time Spooky. Played my first round in over a year last Sunday. It felt really good to

be back out there. I've really missed it.

Heard they had a parade for you afterwards :read: :D . Hopefully more rounds than miles coming up.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Sooooo is wheat bread really worth the hype???

If you asked my wife she'd say wheat beer is definitely worth the hype! :lol:

More on topic, we always seem to buy multigrain types of bread here. You know, the seedy stuff as it has texture and is good for the bowels GIT.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You have to be careful which type you use. Some are mixed with enriched flour which can give you a sugar spike then a crash. Always use the one made from 100% whole wheat. More nutritious and makes you feel full more quickly.

Really tasty and well worth the small extra cost.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If you asked my wife she'd say wheat beer is definitely worth the hype! :lol:

More on topic, we always seem to buy multigrain types of bread here. You know, the seedy stuff as it has texture and is good for the bowels GUT.

Good evening Sco, it is evening I take it, house moving still going well? We have decided this is the one and will never move again.

Wheat beer is definitely worth it, better taste and not so much required to knock you off your feet.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thanks guys we are ok. Been a hectic week. Several folks at work have had to bug out this week due to flooding. The flooding is not going to affect us at the house. I have been trucking some this week and basically looking after the trucks since the GM had to bug out of his house. Did manage to get 4 loads done this week until road closures did us in yesterday. Ended up doing some step deck work taking some old fuel tanks to our sister company in Georgetown yesterday. Myrtle has became an island. As of last night there is only one way in and out and that is the Southern route from US 17 from Charleston up. I fact US Foods and PFG are running all their food trucks up 17 from Columbia SC to Charleston SC and then to us. 17 North into the beach was a nightmare yesterday afternoon coming back from Georgetown to the beach. Normally there is a lot of traffic on Friday afternoon but yesterday was horrible. Normally it is a 1 hr run 1 way, yesterday afternoon it took me 2 1/4 hrs to get back. May have to work at the yard later on today if they open up due to the fact some of they yard guys may not be able to get out of their homes. They had to pull 2 guys from our yard to the Little River yard because the Little River guys were stranded on the other side of the Waccamaw river

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

See you guys down the road somewhere if I can find some wifi. Leaving early and will try to get down to Provo tomorrow night. Then on to Zion and Bryce and Moab and Monument Valley and Page and Grand Canyon and Sun City to check on my folks. Mrs. scotee is getting a much deserved vacay. Road trip baby! We'll be pushing the "Hippie Van" down the hi way team driving style. Well maybe little wheels turning ;)

[media=]

[/media]

Eddie Rabbit remember his version in '75.' Ouch. And interesting name for a country singer.

Any word from Stu?

That is a 1990 Kenworth W-900B "James Bond" edition can't remember the exact name of the movie but the bad guy had several of those trucks hauling tankers with liquid dope in them.You could buy that paint option on those trucks from the KW dealers at the time. The truck itself was just like any other W-900 at the time. I think the paint option and trim option was 5K extra. And yes I remember the original Eddie Rabbit version of the song which back when that song was made was what trucking was like.LOL now days windshield wipers on trucks do not flap (first verse in the song) and with powerful computer engines trucks do not slow as much going up steep grades---- Reminds me of the old days driving those old GMC Brigadier trucks dropping 4 gears going up a hill and those darn things had NOISY flapping windshield wipers or a International 4070 series cab over trucks if you could get the air motor wipers to work at all!!! Yeah we Cadillac truck now compared to the old days

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)