Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Stu and Reasy so good to hear from you again. You are missed when you are not here, especially during times like the hurricane brought. It's sad to think that because of a storm there were deaths and injuries, property damage and lives put in to such chaos and jeopardy. Glad you're OK and can get back to normal life soon. The whole area seems far from recovery for sure...

Stu and Reasy so good to hear from you again. You are missed when you are not here, especially during times like the hurricane brought. It's sad to think that because of a storm there were deaths and injuries, property damage and lives put in to such chaos and jeopardy. Glad you're OK and can get back to normal life soon. The whole area seems far from recovery for sure...

Thanks--- My end of the beach is ok but Myrtle is an island this Am with all the flooding from all the rivers in NC flowing down. May be months before some get back to normal

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

See you guys down the road somewhere if I can find some wifi. Leaving early and will try to get down to Provo tomorrow night. Then on to Zion and Bryce and Moab and Monument Valley and Page and Grand Canyon and Sun City to check on my folks. Mrs. scotee is getting a much deserved vacay. Road trip baby! We'll be pushing the "Hippie Van" down the hi way team driving style. Well maybe little wheels turning ;)

[media=]

[/media]

Eddie Rabbit remember his version in '75.' Ouch. And interesting name for a country singer.

Any word from Stu?

That is a 1990 Kenworth W-900B "James Bond" edition can't remember the exact name of the movie but the bad guy had several of those trucks hauling tankers with liquid dope in them.You could buy that paint option on those trucks from the KW dealers at the time. The truck itself was just like any other W-900 at the time. I think the paint option and trim option was 5K extra. And yes I remember the original Eddie Rabbit version of the song which back when that song was made was what trucking was like.LOL now days windshield wipers on trucks do not flap (first verse in the song) and with powerful computer engines trucks do not slow as much going up steep grades---- Reminds me of the old days driving those old GMC Brigadier trucks dropping 4 gears going up a hill and those darn things had NOISY flapping windshield wipers or a International 4070 series cab over trucks if you could get the air motor wipers to work at all!!! Yeah we Cadillac truck now compared to the old days

They pulled me from my Peterbilt yesterday as it was sold off. Now I'm back in a Volvo; this one with an automatic

transmission. My first time ever driving an auto trans in a big truck. Weird to say the least but the Volvos are still my

favorite truck to drive as they are so comfy and cushy............and quiet. All I gotta do with this one is just hold onto

the steering wheel, lol. Easy peasy. Trucks have come a long way indeed.......and this old body really appreciates

the smooth, quiet ride.

Sorry about all the troubles happening over your way. Looks like it may go on for awhile. Stay safe on those roads

my friend. I've just been running west coast runs and back since the spring, for the most part.

Rad never have drove a big truck with an automatic--- I know the owner of my company mentioned a year or so ago that he was going to buy me another new truck with a wet line kit and an automatic transmission--- I shot back at him firm "you better hire someone to drive the thing then" But then again sometimes I am too old school. I can remember a couple of years back when he put me in the 2015 "Cadillac Mack" with all the gizmos and computer controls> I took to it ok and resisted the "new" 2017 I am in now but grew to love it too. Which that 2017 is a hoss with a 600 HP engine and Maxidine 10 speed manual. LOL had to use the 07 yesterday because the wet line is set up different from mine for the step deck. Had to get used to the "Low Power" 355 HP and 10 speed Eaton again. Told the owner tongue in cheek that I did not know if I could drive a Eaton again. He shot back " BS I have never seen anything you could not drive" One of the other reasons he wanted me to drive it is because he is thinking about either selling it or doing some updates to it. He wanted my opinion as both a driver and mechanic.

Welcome back Stu, good to hear you have had no major problems, hopefully all the water recedes quickly so you can all get back to a normal life. No surprise from the Grillers that your boss values your opinion, having been self employed it makes you more willing to go the extra bit as you know what you wanted from anyone working for you.

Back to golf soon hopefully, did your courses go under? My home course went under some time ago and it took a month of restoration to bring it back to good condition. Stay safe,.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Welcome back, Stu.

Walked 14 yesterday, carrying only a driver and my adjustable iron. Don't think I'll be playing at 8:00 am much longer. Cooling off, and the course is wet and nasty that early. Lost a couple balls in the very deep rough, also one ball didn't fall out of a tree. I only use reclaimed balls, like $14 for 4 dozen from Ollies. Played with Penhy after golf, took her for a walk around the block.

The missus still plans on putting our place up for sale. She worries about the toxic Shell plant being built just across the river, along with the neighborhood children situation. I've been through selling 2 houses before, my mother's and aunt's. The realtors work for the buyers, unless you have some choice real estate. The house inspections are designed to give the buyers a new house, at cut rate prices. My aunt's house was a very nicely kept 1950's ranch. The list of inspection flaws was endless, all my responsibility to repair for the prospective buyer, according to the realtor. The inspection really nitpicked, like some electrical outlets weren't grounded, and a 2 inch crack in a picture window. The lady realtor actually wanted me to replace the window, $$$$$. Prior, I did a lot of repairs to the house, thinking we would be living there, updating the electric, kitchen, bath, new furnace, garage door, painting the place (18 gallons of paint), etc. I put thousands in the place, to be told that I needed to spend more for the buyer. This was for a house that ended up selling for well under $100K, with me paying the closing costs. The guy that "bought" the place with no money down, even got an $8K federal tax credit as a first time buyer. A few years after the sale, the house was again listed for sale, nothing done to the house in the meantime. Going past the place a few times, the guy had black plastic as drapes covering the windows. End of rant.

My neighbor cleaned out his garage, and the Dodge is lodged in it. The guy really loves the car. It went to a good home. I heard a song on the radio the other day, "Driver's seat, by Snif n the Tears. Mentioned he might want to name the car Jenny, as in "Jenny was sweet" lyrics. We'll see, 42 years and I used to refer to the car as the "Mighty Dodge" (Al Bundy's car) I have a Polk High tee shirt that I wore once.

Neighbors are having a birthday party today for one of their kids. Not so worried about the kids, but last year the adults were very rowdy. They were playing basketball on their property, but hitting my garage in their frenzied play. I worry about my garage windows being broken, and put plywood sheets behind them, so in case of breakage, my ATS wouldn't be damaged by the broken glass. If we stay here, a nice fence is in order.

Read the comment a couple days ago, regarding grumpy old guys. Maybe I'm one, but with a playground a half a block away, the kids should be playing there, also the drunken adults.

Play well, gents.

Sooooo is wheat bread really worth the hype???

If you asked my wife she'd say wheat beer is definitely worth the hype! :lol:

More on topic, we always seem to buy multigrain types of bread here. You know, the seedy stuff as it has texture and is good for the bowels GUT.

Good evening Sco, it is evening I take it, house moving still going well? We have decided this is the one and will never move again.

Wheat beer is definitely worth it, better taste and not so much required to knock you off your feet.

Good morning tol! At least it's morning now. ;)

We're a long way from moving even if we decide to put an offer in on the house we looked at yesterday.

It occurred to me last night that the folks who are selling the house we looked at have already done all the hard work of going through the belongings and getting rid of anything they might not want as the house was fairly empty save for the furniture and everyday use items. Their move will be very smooth.

Conversely we are just beginning to deal with this and it will be hectic getting to that point as well as time consuming. I'm not sure it's a sensible thing to get ahead of ourselves and by another property when it could be several months before our current place sells. I guess we're just inexperienced in the world of real estate as I've only ever lived in one owned property; this one.

One thing is for certain, we will be much better prepared for the next move if there is to be one.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Wriggs

Funny how some people do not consider others, apart from our neighbours in Cornwall we have been very lucky. As I have said before, if it’s mine, it’s mine, not yours to use or abuse. Not being grumpy, just looking out for your stuff that cost you money time and effort to put together. Even if you move some sort of fence might be in order, it’s surprising how different buyers will react if they are assured of privacy, the open plan is good but I have seen many legal fights between neighbours over trespass.

Real estate agents look at your house as if they are buying it, what they should be doing is helping you set a realistic price for the condition it is in. It’s also surprising how many small things prospective buyers will miss if they are not pointed out, we missed dozens of small defects, but overall it was a good buy. The only caution is not telling the truth if asked a direct question about something specific. When we purchased our last house we asked if a pergola was legal, we were told yes but found out from the council later it was not, we ignored it and told the new buyers the correct information.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The missus still plans on putting our place up for sale. She worries about the toxic Shell plant being built just across the river, along with the neighborhood children situation. I've been through selling 2 houses before, my mother's and aunt's. The realtors work for the buyers, unless you have some choice real estate. The house inspections are designed to give the buyers a new house, at cut rate prices. My aunt's house was a very nicely kept 1950's ranch. The list of inspection flaws was endless, all my responsibility to repair for the prospective buyer, according to the realtor. The inspection really nitpicked, like some electrical outlets weren't grounded, and a 2 inch crack in a picture window. The lady realtor actually wanted me to replace the window, $$$$$. Prior, I did a lot of repairs to the house, thinking we would be living there, updating the electric, kitchen, bath, new furnace, garage door, painting the place (18 gallons of paint), etc. I put thousands in the place, to be told that I needed to spend more for the buyer. This was for a house that ended up selling for well under $100K, with me paying the closing costs. The guy that "bought" the place with no money down, even got an $8K federal tax credit as a first time buyer. A few years after the sale, the house was again listed for sale, nothing done to the house in the meantime. Going past the place a few times, the guy had black plastic as drapes covering the windows. End of rant.

The buyer definitely is in control. With condition of financing and a home inspection the purchaser has lots of outs. They can even bail on the day of possession.

When were looked at the property yesterday I wondered aloud to the realtor why it hadn't sold already and he said that it was dated. People are funny and they expect everything to be right up-to-date in order to give top dollar. Many aren't interested because they simply don't want to do renovations, hence the ease with which new construction sells even though the lots are minuscule and build quality can be suspect compared to even a 20 year old home like the one we viewed.

Your story, Wriggles, strikes a chord with me because we could well be faced with similar issues when it comes to selling this place. We've spent thousands on it with all the big stuff redone in the past 5 years and yet there could easily be small issues that surface or just the general decor that we have turning off potential buyers. Such is the case when selling a 150 year old house. While it has appeal to a certain crowd, it won't be an overwhelming market.

I think this is the very reason I have pause about purchasing another house ahead of selling this property even if it's affordable.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sooooo is wheat bread really worth the hype???

If you asked my wife she'd say wheat beer is definitely worth the hype! :lol:

More on topic, we always seem to buy multigrain types of bread here. You know, the seedy stuff as it has texture and is good for the bowels GUT.

Good evening Sco, it is evening I take it, house moving still going well? We have decided this is the one and will never move again.

Wheat beer is definitely worth it, better taste and not so much required to knock you off your feet.

Good morning tol! At least it's morning now. ;)

We're a long way from moving even if we decide to put an offer in on the house we looked at yesterday.

It occurred to me last night that the folks who are selling the house we looked at have already done all the hard work of going through the belongings and getting rid of anything they might not want as the house was fairly empty save for the furniture and everyday use items. Their move will be very smooth.

Conversely we are just beginning to deal with this and it will be hectic getting to that point as well as time consuming. I'm not sure it's a sensible thing to get ahead of ourselves and by another property when it could be several months before our current place sells. I guess we're just inexperienced in the world of real estate as I've only ever lived in one owned property; this one.

One thing is for certain, we will be much better prepared for the next move if there is to be one.

Good morning Sco, sitting in bed sending this 10.28pm. We have moved several times, the big one was from the UK to Australia, it’s never easy and does not get easier with practice, so many things to factor in to the move, timing and cost for us being the main ones. Been in Australia now since November 1981 we have owned five houses, two of those we had built and rented on four seperate ocaisions every one requiring a pack up to move, we are quite good at it now, however we have decided never again, don’t know where it all came from or where it has gone but we had well over 100 boxes of smaller items on our last move, took us three months to finish unpacking, good job we had a large shed to store them in. Everything will work out it’s a matter of trusting in your own judgment and not the real estate guy, we always remember they are only in it for the money, if they manage to satisfy you that’s a bonus, or am I being cynical.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The buyer definitely is in control. With condition of financing and a home inspection the purchaser has lots of outs. They can even bail on the day of possession.

When were looked at the property yesterday I wondered aloud to the realtor why it hadn't sold already and he said that it was dated. People are funny and they expect everything to be right up-to-date in order to give top dollar. Many aren't interested because they simply don't want to do renovations, hence the ease with which new construction sells even though the lots are minuscule and build quality can be suspect compared to even a 20 year old home like the one we viewed.

Your story, Wriggles, strikes a chord with me because we could well be faced with similar issues when it comes to selling this place. We've spent thousands on it with all the big stuff redone in the past 5 years and yet there could easily be small issues that surface or just the general decor that we have turning off potential buyers. Such is the case when selling a 150 year old house. While it has appeal to a certain crowd, it won't be an overwhelming market.

I think this is the very reason I have pause about purchasing another house ahead of selling this property even if it's affordable.

It seems as if your contracts are fairly loose, in Queensland when you sign a contract to buy, you have I think five days after that if you back out it will cost you as contracts are final and binding, not very often you can get away with changing your mind, it has to be something major that has been covered up, or something that shows up as a major problem on inspection. Just changing your mind does not work and as I said before from initial signing of the contract to moving in day is only four weeks.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It seems as if your contracts are fairly loose, in Queensland when you sign a contract to buy, you have I think five days after that if you back out it will cost you as contracts are final and binding, not very often you can get away with changing your mind, it has to be something major that has been covered up, or something that shows up as a major problem on inspection. Just changing your mind does not work and as I said before from initial signing of the contract to moving in day is only four weeks.

As I said before, I'm not experienced in real estate deals, but I do know that deals have fallen through on the day of closing.

If there's any defect upon house inspection you can simply say no.

If you're financing doesn't come through you can walk without cost too. Terms and conditions of financing are getting much more strict as every borrower must now pass a stress test at 2% above current variable rate locked in.

Closing dates are negotiable, but typically run from 30 to 90 days depending upon the situation. The property we are looking at is flexible with end of Oct. being first availability. We would prefer longer than that because we simply aren't ready yet.

For us it's not as simple as moving a house. There's so much more to do and I fear that will ultimately prove to be the roadblock to purchasing this property.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Selling a house is a tough situation, unless a person is selling a very desirable high end place. Eliminates me, and probably 99 percent of the people out there. I told the missus, I would not consider buying another place until ours is sold. Having the two houses only sweetens the pot for a potential buyer, and the realtor knows it. Two houses to watch over and the additional expense is a strong incentive to take a "ridiculous" offer.

In our case, the missus's widowed sister agreed that we could move in for a while, which is nice. Even mentioned that the ATS could reside in her garage for a while. If it comes to selling, this is the route.

Personally, I'd rather put up a nice fence, and see what that brings. BUT, the missus really worries about the toxic plant across the river. I tell her that whatever is going to kill her, is already working to do that.

Not a tomorrow decision, whatever.

Welcome back Stu, good to hear you have had no major problems, hopefully all the water recedes quickly so you can all get back to a normal life. No surprise from the Grillers that your boss values your opinion, having been self employed it makes you more willing to go the extra bit as you know what you wanted from anyone working for you.

Back to golf soon hopefully, did your courses go under? My home course went under some time ago and it took a month of restoration to bring it back to good condition. Stay safe,.

Thanks my home course is not under water--- I may practice some later

Welcome back, Stu.

Walked 14 yesterday, carrying only a driver and my adjustable iron. Don't think I'll be playing at 8:00 am much longer. Cooling off, and the course is wet and nasty that early. Lost a couple balls in the very deep rough, also one ball didn't fall out of a tree. I only use reclaimed balls, like $14 for 4 dozen from Ollies. Played with Penhy after golf, took her for a walk around the block.

My neighbor cleaned out his garage, and the Dodge is lodged in it. The guy really loves the car. It went to a good home. I heard a song on the radio the other day, "Driver's seat, by Snif n the Tears. Mentioned he might want to name the car Jenny, as in "Jenny was sweet" lyrics. We'll see, 42 years and I used to refer to the car as the "Mighty Dodge" (Al Bundy's car) I have a Polk High tee shirt that I wore once.

Neighbors are having a birthday party today for one of their kids. Not so worried about the kids, but last year the adults were very rowdy. They were playing basketball on their property, but hitting my garage in their frenzied play. I worry about my garage windows being broken, and put plywood sheets behind them, so in case of breakage, my ATS wouldn't be damaged by the broken glass. If we stay here, a nice fence is in order.

Read the comment a couple days ago, regarding grumpy old guys. Maybe I'm one, but with a playground a half a block away, the kids should be playing there, also the drunken adults.

Play well, gents.

Driver's Seat great song--- One of the songs I used to blast running the road. For me a good trucking song---- I have always referred to myself as The Original Rock and Roll Trucker.

On the grumpy old guys thing I guess I am a little different. Kids do not bother me too much as long as they act respectful. Drunks acting stupid and brain dead and we have them in abundance here I have absolutely no tolerance for. What is funny is that I used to get drunk but everyone who knows me says I am quite funny when drunk and no problem. My wife says i was the happiest drunk she ever saw. Regular older folks I have nothing but compassion for the old farts that get me are the ones riding around in snazzy new sports cars that drive and think like they own the road. They act arrogant and childish especially if they do not get their way. They try to put the make on cart girls and waitresses young enough to be their great grand daughters. I told one one day in a Restaurant that if he could see how stupid he looked he would go stick his head in the sand. He was putting a serious make on a friend of mine's grand daughter who was all of 20 or so just married with a little baby. She did not miss a beat though she told him " You ought to act like a gentleman like Stu does"

Welcome back, Stu.

Play well, gents.

Good rant Wriggs. I bragged too early about our rental sale. Last year in anticipation of selling it we paid for an inspection snd did a bunch of things sot we would not be blindsided when it came time. Well....... The buyer had his inspection and there go the profits! I just had the roof repaired and now they want more done to it and they found some rot in the crawl space on some of the joists and some bare dirt that needs covered and a long list of little stuff. I think each inspector has to find things to justify his job. It's an old house that has been that way as long as I have owned it but no like you say the buyer needs a new house. Can't wait to get rid of this thing!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Let me add my voice to the chorus of welcome back to STU and Reasy!

Love the fall. It's my favourite season of the year. Really appreciate the photos that Sixty shared. :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

This road trip has me thinking how cool it is that in the US and other countries we are connected by an amazing network of interstate highways and roads. I could drive to your place and you mine. Even cooler is the way we are connected here. Through the magic of the internet highway we can travel at light speed all the way to Tols place down under :)

Anyway we made it down to Provo in a day. Parked in a Walmart lot. Made it to Zion on Fri. noon and had time to take the shuttle to a couple of nice short hikes. More of the same today. This is my first visit here and I have a stiff neck from looking up. This canyon is deep and the peaks steep and very high. Amazing views. Off to Bryce tomorrow.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

This road trip has me thinking how cool it is that in the US and other countries we are connected by an amazing network of interstate highways and roads. I could drive to your place and you mine. Even cooler is the way we are connected here. Through the magic of the internet highway we can travel at light speed all the way to Tols place down under :)

Anyway we made it down to Provo in a day. Parked in a Walmart lot. Made it to Zion on Fri. noon and had time to take the shuttle to a couple of nice short hikes. More of the same today. This is my first visit here and I have a stiff neck from looking up. This canyon is deep and the peaks steep and very high. Amazing views. Off to Bryce tomorrow.

Great stuff. What was for dinner?

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

WE have decided to forgo the property that we looked at on Friday. We're just too early in the process of selling our property to commit to another. Very little interest has been shown in ours thus far. This does not surprise because it typically takes a year or two to sell a farm. The property next to us has been up for sale over the past two years albeit at a much higher price and hasn't budged, in fact the new listing agent increased the asking price! :huh:

I feel a sense of relief that we came to this decision due to the amount of work we are facing to get everything in order and my limited capacity to do work. This suits me much better even if it means that we end up with an inferior property when the time to buy comes. Houses come up for sale everyday and I'm quite confident that we will be able to find something that suits when the time comes.

Our clean-up/debulking continues as my BIL & SIL showed up yesterday with a borrowed trailer so that we could move a few items to my nephew's place who purchased my riding lawn mower (I've been using a lawn service this year) and a few heavy shop tools that I have no further need for. Took advantage of having the trailer to haul away the hazardous chemicals to the local collection facility as well as a handful of propane cylinders that were stale dated. We are very fortunate to have a handy facility that take household hazardous waste at no charge and even though there are limits, they seem to be very accommodating with reasonable volumes.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Great stuff. What was for dinner?

Nothing too special yet. We are traveling with two other couples in larger RV's We are on our own for breakfast and lunch. The ladies have suppers divided up each night so the work gets spread around. Taco salad last night and prolly burgers or dogs for us tonight. Lunch in a backpack with lots of water for the trails.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Love the pics Scotee. Sounds like you're having a blast!

Thanks Rad. Yes we are! We planned this 6mo ago which you have to do to get into these busy National Parks. Some friends heard about it and asked to come and then some mutual friends that we had not seen for 2 years joined too. They are all very easy to travel with and we agree to do things on our own if we want.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)