Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Playing my first round of golf in over a year tomorrow. I'm getting pumped as it's been far too long

since I've played with the old gang. Playing the Senator course; which is good as the ladies Symetra

Tour will be taking the course over on Monday for one of their tournaments later in the week; which

means the course will be in great shape for us tomorrow.

Have a great one ! Enjoy being out there !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Sco...............don't forget...................moving sucks.................

Here's hoping you find a great place that fits what you desire at this stage of life......and....

the move goes smoothly.............and doesn't suck.

Reasy and Stu...........here's hoping you're above the rising water levels and away from falling things.

Cobi and I were still in bed early this morning and we heard a loud bang and our power went out. It

turned out a squirrel decided to climb the power pole near us and electrocute himself; blowing the

fuse and knocking out our power.

The Alabama Power guy that came out out told us what happened. He had this newfangled big ole

telescoping stick with grabbers on it and from the ground he was able to reach up there and take

out the blown fuse and put a new one in.......easy peasy and our power restored.

Don't think it's gonna be so simple restoring power to the many who have lost it in the Carolinas.

Still have power. The generator is old and I failed on every front to drain the tank and carburetor bowl. So I've spent the last day or two cleaning it all up in hopes. The air filter is a total mess - doubt I'd find any new parts soon. Borrowing heavily from Stu's redneck engineering book. Lost my little pancake compressor used to blow off golf grips in the process. As they say in the movies, "BLOWED UP SIR!". Hope I get her going before the lights go out. If not - so be it.

Tonight/tomorrow the fun really begins. We get these "bands" signalling what's ahead. Interstates closing. This thing is moving at a whopping 2 mph. It's not going away soon. Somewhere around Monday nite they say it will finally pick up speed and head to the Ohio Valley.

Sixty, Bill - you guys will get to finish her off.

Playing my first round of golf in over a year tomorrow. I'm getting pumped as it's been far too long

since I've played with the old gang. Playing the Senator course; which is good as the ladies Symetra

Tour will be taking the course over on Monday for one of their tournaments later in the week; which

Many dittos! So good to know Rad gets to put sticks in hand.

That's the plan! It's still friggin' HOT down here. 95 today and around the same tomorrow. At least the

ball will go a little further.........not that it will matter much, lol.

I'll be happy to just be playin'. :)

Still have power. The generator is old and I failed on every front to drain the tank and carburetor bowl. So I've spent the last day or two cleaning it all up in hopes. The air filter is a total mess - doubt I'd find any new parts soon. Borrowing heavily from Stu's redneck engineering book. Lost my little pancake compressor used to blow off golf grips in the process. As they say in the movies, "BLOWED UP SIR!". Hope I get her going before the lights go out. If not - so be it.

Tonight/tomorrow the fun really begins. We get these "bands" signalling what's ahead. Interstates closing. This thing is moving at a whopping 2 mph. It's not going away soon. Somewhere around Monday nite they say it will finally pick up speed and head to the Ohio Valley.

Yeah I see the remnants will be coming our way, at 2 mph I figure that's 12 days non-stop as the drone flys (my up to date saying) (or 37 days if it's a non-trucker family driving a CRV SUV, that has to stop to pee, hourly, and can only eat at Chik-fil-a and stay, on the way, at Comfort Inn) even though they are saying we will see some rain Monday night. I don't expect to see the Weather Channel people here either.

wont be much left but some rain by the time it gets here,after crossing the mountains. You guys have had the worst of it !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Hope everyone in the storm path is and stays safe.

On a lighter note, I played another 9 today. Got to finish up the RTX4 review, final thoughts posted in the review thread. The Cliff’s notes version- full shots and pitches- outstanding. Tight delicate chips- not the forte of the model I tested with my swing.

As some of you know I’ve taken a couple of lessons recently. I got a vid with a few 5i and driver swings. Camera angle isn’t perfect, but I think the big things are visible. Just got face on today as I wanted to check that view particularly. Input and thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

There are some sick individuals, someone has over the past week been putting needles into strawberries, several people have almost swallowed them. As a result supermarkets across Australia are taking them off the shelves. This year has been one of the best seasons ever for growers, fortunately we are almost at the end of this years sales but the growers are still losing millions of dollars due to some sicko thinking this is an OK thing to do. Unfortunately when they eventually catch those responsible, a slap on the wrist is all they will get some bleeding heart lawyer will plead about their poor childhood and other problems, it was a joke and no harm intended

I cannot even think what goes through someone’s mind when they decide to do this. I hope they are caught quickly and made to pay the full financial cost to those involved as well as punishment for deliberately putting lives in danger.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

You guys stay safe down there...I'll tip one for ya tonight

Thank you Bill.

Jume, 2019.... Many babies will be born.

ROTFLMAO--- Hurricane babies wonder how many female ones will be named Florence??

EDIT See Rad beat me to that one

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Saturday PM units fitted, only doors to fit on the smaller one, went in perfectly, 2mm clearance. DW has oiled them so the look very good now. Will post a picture when it’s all done, hopefully it should be Sunday.

What is happening on the east coast Grillers, looks as if it is going to be a big wet, expecting tidal surge of gigantic proportions. One news item that got me mad was the looters back in as soon as the residents move out, the shoot to kill is really too good for them, they are the lowest scum imaginable. Hope any Grillers that have moved out dont get done by them. This is one time when the OGA rule book should be used,

Looters rule, when caught anything goes.

Actually in SC you do have what they basically call property defense rights------ Trust me we are heavily armed and looting in this neighborhood will not be tolerated. Right now with the governor enacting a state of emergency basically looters can be shot on sight here

Missed work with some kind of stomach bug the last 2 days, I'll see what today brings. I've seen a lot of the hurricane coverage, and have a lot of empathy toward all of you dear folks in that region. I hope recovery goes well and speedy. They keep saying 'patience', I'm sure with those who haven't returned yet and will come back to damaged property, limited fuel, unstocked grocery shelves, patience will be difficult. Southerners have a way of pulling through together though...

I had that stomach virus Monday and that is when they ordered the Evac--- Of course we were going to stick anyhow--

Mine is about 30 years old no joke--- Good old Briggs and Stratton 10 HP----- Had it from the good old racing days and it has a lot of hours on it. I keep it drained and use Stabilizer in the fuel. Ethanol in today's gas tends to corrode and draw water like honey draws flies. I had serviced and cranked it up about a month or so ago. Also down here you have to pull the cover off and clean the brushes and commuter. They make a soft stone to do it with. Most welders have to do that from time to time on portable welders which are just a bigger version of a generator. On the test run it ran and put out good. Ran a load on it for about an hour or so. It does use a little oil now which it was starting to do when we quit racing some 18 years ago. Thinking about it now that old thing probably has close to 3000 or more hours on it. But luckily I have not had to use it here in a storm yet.

On a lighter note, I played another 9 today. Got to finish up the RTX4 review, final thoughts posted in the review thread. The Cliff's notes version- full shots and pitches- outstanding. Tight delicate chips- not the forte of the model I tested with my swing.

As some of you know I've taken a couple of lessons recently. I got a vid with a few 5i and driver swings. Camera angle isn't perfect, but I think the big things are visible. Just got face on today as I wanted to check that view particularly. Input and thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Ok I am not the grille swing guru (that is Reasy's department) But I do like the pass you make through the ball and the follow through. Looks pretty darn good if you ask me

On a lighter note, I played another 9 today. Got to finish up the RTX4 review, final thoughts posted in the review thread. The Cliff's notes version- full shots and pitches- outstanding. Tight delicate chips- not the forte of the model I tested with my swing.

As some of you know I've taken a couple of lessons recently. I got a vid with a few 5i and driver swings. Camera angle isn't perfect, but I think the big things are visible. Just got face on today as I wanted to check that view particularly. Input and thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Looking great Spooks. If it were me personally - I'd set up with the hands and handle a touch more to your left of the belt buckle. Might get my knees a fraction less spread apart so as to get them just over the insteps of the feet.

The reason for the handle being a touch more forward is that your trail hand is lower on the handle at setup, right? So in order to get your feet AND shoulders aimed in the same direction, it helps to VERY SLIGHTLY bump the lead hip and handle just a tiny bit toward the target. Suddenly your shoulders will line right up with where your feet are pointing. Now your eye line, feet, knees, shoulders, and hands are all good to go.

The way you set up now isn't tragic by any means. It just introduces a little bit of conflict that doesn't need to be there.

Finished alteration in lounge, one small detail to go, a wire mesh in front of the controls in the center under the TV. Mesh made to size, only have to find a way to fix it in place, working on it.

New,

Lights above TV,

wallpaper back of TV, does not show true colour in picture, it is a dark bronze.

Units under TV and unit to the right side.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Nice work tol! :good:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Definitely feeling the effects of Florence even up here in the north, but not the way you might expect. The past couple of days have been pushing up into the high 80's with high humidity to boot! We were at the CFL game last night and it was a scorcher! I was actually surprised that more guys weren't coming down with cramps due to dehydration. All of the offensive linemen were getting towels soaked in ice water laid across the backs of their necks when they came off the field between series.

The Tim Horton's Field is situated north/south. We sit in the west stands so by 4:30 we were in the shade. Felt awfully sorry for the poor folks over in the east stands as they got fried all game long! They'll be smiling come November though as they will bask in the warmth of the sun while we sit huddled up fighting off the chill from the breeze that rolls off the top of the escarpment.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Finished alteration in lounge, one small detail to go, a wire mesh in front of the controls in the center under the TV. Mesh made to size, only have to find a way to fix it in place, working on it.

New,

Lights above TV,

wallpaper back of TV, does not show true colour in picture, it is a dark bronze.

Units under TV and unit to the right side.

Nice looking room. Never lived in a modern house. Always lived in the 1920's, from boyhood to current. Aunt Mildred and Uncle George bought a ranch house in 1962. I always thought they were rich.

My house is looking tired. Needs at least some paint and carpet. The missus is commandeering the project, and we haven't done anything since the Royal wedding, when we finished the quarter round floor molding in the dining and living room. A beat up area carpet resides in our living room temporarily. Bare wood adorns the dining room. OK by me, I can golf and loaf, instead of worrying about painting and such.

I golfed with the hickories yesterday. I substituted a Walter Hagen pyratone 1930's driver, though. Like a lot of guys did when steel shaft s came out. Off the first tee, hit the driver 210 paced off. Played almost as well with the actual hickories, Spoon, mid iron, mashie, mashie niblick niblick, and putter. About 175 with the Spoon. Surprised myself.

Will play the old clubs today, if I play.

PS: Sad about the strawberries and other acts of senselessness. The world is in a bad way.

Looking great Spooks. If it were me personally - I'd set up with the hands and handle a touch more to your left of the belt buckle. Might get my knees a fraction less spread apart so as to get them just over the insteps of the feet.

The reason for the handle being a touch more forward is that your trail hand is lower on the handle at setup, right? So in order to get your feet AND shoulders aimed in the same direction, it helps to VERY SLIGHTLY bump the lead hip and handle just a tiny bit toward the target. Suddenly your shoulders will line right up with where your feet are pointing. Now your eye line, feet, knees, shoulders, and hands are all good to go.

The way you set up now isn't tragic by any means. It just introduces a little bit of conflict that doesn't need to be there.

Thanks for the advice as always! I’ll try to work those tips in for sure.

Thanks for the advice as always! I’ll try to work those tips in for sure.

Cool - If/when you do, you'll notice your trail shoulder hangs a bit lower than the lead shoulder in future face-on vids. That would be a good thing so not to worry if you spot it.

Hundreds of local roads closed, Got 10.5" within the last 24 hours. Winds late last night were howling.

The worst is evidently over. Still raining but lightly, High winds have passed. Flash flood warnings in play. It's moving north and should be cleared out by tomorrow eve at the latest. (EDIT: Tornado or two still lingering between Stu and me but here the big threat is evidently over. North of here, things not so good.)

Don't ask me how. Clean living maybe. Lost two shingles and a backyard sapling. Never lost power. Hundreds of thousands lost power and won't have it for days - maybe even weeks. Lights here never even flickered.

Irony - When he was 11 months old, our first born son was here house hunting with us. Hurricane Hugo hits. It was 1989. The house we're in was chosen in part because the hurricane didn't seem to phase it.

This week his first born son (our grandson) rides out Florence. Like his dad when it was his turn - he's also 11 months old. The hurricane didn't blow this place up - again.

Somewhere.there's a numerologist saying, "Could have told you so." lol

Glad you're doing great Reasy!

On the lighter side...........this funny video of a weather channel guy faking drama while others

stroll by unfazed.

[media=]http://youtu.be/iKFI-eZPPfE[/media]

I'm so glad that vid exists. Saw that happen live on television and almost fell out my chair laughing. Saw two more that were crazy stunts by field reporters. In both, young ladies were standing by downed trees with power lines tangled up in them. In once case, the reporter is talking to a home owner who had a tree covering up his vehicle. The guy says, "I'm smelling smoke here."

Does anyone in management ever tell these reporters those power lines just might be charged? And you find out when the knee caps blow off???

On the lighter side...........this funny video of a weather channel guy faking drama while others

stroll by unfazed.

Saw that. Hilarious! Fake news :)

Glad you East guys are safe and well. I imagine my classmate in Asheville will get a lot of rain too. They say between the amount of rain, the storm surge and then the rain expected in the mountains, you could get water coming from all sides!

Mrs. scotee sold our rental house last week in Walla Walla. We bought it when daughter 4 was in college and nursing school. It always rented well but the last renters trashed the place. I was not happy with the property manager. He did not do his job and allowed lots of pet damage when there were supposed to be no pets and other damage. The nice new lawn we put in with sod died and went to weeds. Some of the trees died from lack of water. We had to take out all the carpet and pads. An unreported leak around a sky light did damage that required some re-framiing and sheet rock. All new interior paint. We decided it was not worth the trouble any more. We worked very hard to get it put back together and we decided to do sale by owner to save a bunch of commission. Well good news! The market is hot and we had four serious buyers within a week of planting the for sale sign in the yard. A bidding war broke out and we got a lot more than asking price. We thought our big farm house sold for too little when we moved here and paid top dollar for this place so it was nice to be on the better end of this deal. Mrs. scotee found an agent that is happy to work with sale by owners for a very reasonable fixed fee. Now we hope the appraisal and inspection go well and we can cross off one more headache from our lives. Rentals sux.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

stroll by unfazed.

Saw that. Hilarious! Fake news :)

Glad you East guys are safe and well. I imagine my classmate in Asheville will get a lot of rain too. They say between the amount of rain, the storm surge and then the rain expected in the mountains, you could get water coming from all sides!

Mrs. scotee sold our rental house last week in Walla Walla. We bought it when daughter 4 was in college and nursing school. It always rented well but the last renters trashed the place. I was not happy with the property manager. He did not do his job and allowed lots of pet damage when there were supposed to be no pets and other damage. The nice new lawn we put in with sod died and went to weeds. Some of the trees died from lack of water. We had to take out all the carpet and pads. An unreported leak around a sky light did damage that required some re-framiing and sheet rock. All new interior paint. We decided it was not worth the trouble any more. We worked very hard to get it put back together and we decided to do sale by owner to save a bunch of commission. Well good news! The market is hot and we had four serious buyers within a week of planting the for sale sign in the yard. A bidding war broke out and we got a lot more than asking price. We thought our big farm house sold for too little when we moved here and paid top dollar for this place so it was nice to be on the better end of this deal. Mrs. scotee found an agent that is happy to work with sale by owners for a very reasonable fixed fee. Now we hope the appraisal and inspection go well and we can cross off one more headache from our lives. Rentals sux.

I know most renters are good people but it only takes one to stuff it up. A friend in the UK had a holiday rental that he rented out to a workmate having problems. They did not like walking round to the dining room from the kitchen so they hammered a hole though the wall, did not find out till they left the job and moved out.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I saw that video too when it was live coverage when I was home sick. I thought, what the heck did I just see? The guy is bracing himself about to blow over and two kids are walking in the background playing pokemon go... Then later the Weather Channel defends him by saying how difficult it is to hold your footing on wet grass, and they were on pavement, well then pavement was like a foot away, duh, stand on that then. The guy will never live that down and neither will the Weather Channel, hahaha..

So get a load of this, cause it's time to panic in central Ohio.. we have rain starting here now, the effects of Florence. As you can see we will be getting a tropical rainstorm here today. I looked up the details, we will be getting a total of over 1/4 of an inch today. I don't think there's any mandatory evacuation orders yet, but we're gonna stick it out either way...

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)