Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I get up around 5:00 am, have all my life. I usually don't make it to 9:00 pm; I'm in bed before that However, I really don't sleep well, haven't for years. 4 or more bathroom wake ups a night, and I'm ready for morning.

The multiple bathroom breaks have been in effect for many years. Some 14 years ago, Doc prescribed Flomax. In two days, I was dizzy on the verge of passing out. Doc said if I had no objection, he'd rather see me get up multiple times.

Been that way ever since.

It does make me wonder sometimes about modern medicine. The docs are so quick to prescribe a med to treat a condition right up until it doesn't work or there's a nasty side effect. Then it seems to be that the status quo is just fine...

FWIW I have had regular bathroom breaks through the night for years. The doc got concerned about it and wanted to prescribe a med when an ultrasound reveled that I wasn't able to completely empty my bladder. DW got talking to a co-worker who had immigrated from eastern Europe and she suggested saw palmetto tablets. I've been taking them for a couple of years and they seem to work pretty well. This was confirmed by talking to a couple of other fellows at the curling club who took it to deal with prostate issues.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

BUT... I WILL GET A HOLE-IN-ONE in 2019. You heard it on the internet so it must be true. Place your bets gentleman. Like Babe Ruth pointing to the fence, I'm calling this one. It's going to happen. No doubt whatsoever.

Grillster's patiently waiting to observe the "Event". And waiting. And waiting. Where the hell is Reason? What's one have to do around here to get a beverage replenished?

If that's you on the left Fella and me on the right, who the heck's in the middle; scotee? Oh and where has Sixty gotten to?

I'm sitting behind you guys... Since I would fall asleep in the chair,on the slanted ground,i'd roll out of the chair,roll down the hill and the Judge

would be rolling on the ground laughing at me and wouldn't be able to regain his focus !

THAT was slick Sixty !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

So what is an otherwise sound sleeper like myself doing up at 1:30 AM. It is desperation. I played yesterday morning and the conditions were poor. The 42 deg. was not so bad but the the East wind coming off of the snow on the surrounding hills and mountains made it feel much colder. I did not play well but not that bad either and scored my first two birds of the new year. I ran an errand to Costco and came home cold, stiff and tired. I laid down for a little nap and must have slouched just wrong and woke up with an upper back spasm under my shoulder blade. The first time I had this was in my younger and foolish days when hanging over-head sheet rock.

I went to bed early for me at 10 o’clock, but could not get comfortable. Every breath caused a spasm. I finally drifted off but woke at 12:30.

So as a desperate person will do, I rummaged through some old meds and found a muscle relaxant from the dark ages and yes, a narcotic pain pill from even older. I take this kind of thing very rarely. So I am leaning up against a Costco foot vibrator/ massager on the living room couch watching YouTube vids on how to treat Rhomboid and super scapular muscle pain. The old refrain is coming to mind about the doc who treats himself having a fool for a patient. Mrs. scotee the nurse just grilled me about what exactly I had taken. So far no slurred words or hallucinations.

The next question is WTH is Sixty and Stu doing up at this gawdforsaken hour?

But to defend you the Bible does state "Physician heal thyself" Do not know the exact verse but it is in there.

Good one Stu. The only problem is I don't have a 2th ache :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Ha, ha! Was thinking along the same lines after Sco's comment. That middle guy. The back of that noggin' looked like a Forty something. Not a Sixty something. Had a hard time trying to place whom it may me. Thought it may have been Pluto Man as no one knows how old he is. Now it can be anyone. (Tag. You're it, Sixty.) We're still "Waiting for Godot".

Yes, this ^^^^^ - same as waiting for Reasy's HI1, actually the same as waiting for my HI1. It's been a no show for 54 years now, no reason to believe it will happen this year.

Ha, ha! Was thinking along the same lines after Sco's comment. That middle guy. The back of that noggin' looked like a Forty something. Not a Sixty something. Had a hard time trying to place whom it may me. Thought it may have been Pluto Man as no one knows how old he is. Now it can be anyone. (Tag. You're it, Sixty.) We're still "Waiting for Godot".

Now there's a page turner! A play about nothing. I will stick to "Seinfeld" :) or even "Where's Waldo"

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Now there's a page turner! A play about nothing. I will stick to "Seinfeld" :) or even "Where's Waldo"

All plays (and sitcoms) are about nothing though, right? So maybe Godot never showing up was a hint that people should spend their time doing something more realistic, like playing golf, and making friends at the Grille :)

Never leave me in here alone. Just for that I'm going offline to compose a swing rant. The topic....

How to gain distance without really trying. No joke. Gimme an hour or two. Might even include pics if I can muster up some of Sixty's picture mod talent.

Insomnia (dot dot dot). I know it well and it knows me. It comes and goes. 9 times out of 10 I can't say why it happened. Stress and caffeine have been rare contributors but many times I simply couldn't turn it off for whatever reason. Little power naps now and then are no problem here at all. I can make one happen in a heartbeat. Especially when insomnia acts up. Guess I should take pills for it or something but for some goofy reason I gravitate to basic OTC Tylenol or sometimes Excedrin and that's it. Prolly should do the medical work up Fella speaks of.

Confess to having not had a physical in several years. Guess I dread the whole smash - colon checks, prescription pills, yadda. Miss the days of a family Doc. The referrals to another referral who can see me in six weeks is a road I opt travel less. As in never.

Hope Doc' Scotee's scapula turns super in a good way..

Back later with swing rant. Inspired by Fella's search for a way to fix his swing via USB port. Lol

I find myself peeking at my turds before I flush.....just to see what they look

like this time. Not sure why I do it but would imagine I'm not alone.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Never leave me in here alone. Just for that I'm going offline to compose a swing rant. The topic....

How to gain distance without really trying. No joke. Gimme an hour or two. Might even include pics if I can muster up some of Sixty's picture mod talent.

Insomnia (dot dot dot). I know it well and it knows me. It comes and goes. 9 times out of 10 I can't say why it happened. Stress and caffeine have been rare contributors but many times I simply couldn't turn it off for whatever reason. Little power naps now and then are no problem here at all. I can make one happen in a heartbeat. Especially when insomnia acts up. Guess I should take pills for it or something but for some goofy reason I gravitate to basic OTC Tylenol or sometimes Excedrin and that's it. Prolly should do the medical work up Fella speaks of.

Confess to having not had a physical in several years. Guess I dread the whole smash - colon checks, prescription pills, yadda. Miss the days of a family Doc. The referrals to another referral who can see me in six weeks is a road I opt travel less. As in never.

Hope Doc' Scotee's scapula turns super in a good way..

Back later with swing rant. Inspired by Fella's search for a way to fix his swing via USB port. Lol

I'm ready to read a good swing rant Judge.

SLED Gemini

I'll post a new swing video in April. That gives me 3 months to pull all 8 parts of my

magic move together.

SLED Gemini

HITTING IT FARTHER AND STRAIGHTER WITHOUT REALLY TRYING:

In the spirit of "Keep It Simple Stupid" this will NOT be about any of the following:

1. Ball flight laws

2. Shaft lean

3. Compressing the ball

4. Spin

5. Angle of Attack

6. Specific clubhead speed in terms of MPH

7. Shaft plane

8. Impact positions

9. P-this or that number

10. You-name-it techno-babble concepts.

The one technical point (and only one) will be about releasing the clubhead through the strike - PROPERLY. When this is done you'll easily be able to experience it and even better, you'll be able to tell inside your own swing it's right or wrong..

The usual quid pro quo applies. I don't have all the answers, see your local instructor ahead of listening to me, and your mileage may vary.

The "release" of the clubhead through the strike is usually made way too complicated. As in WAY too complicated. We're supposed to let that clubhead freely fly through some mysterious area before the ball, at the ball, and after the ball. But if we do too much of it we're accused of "flipping the clubhead rather than "releasing" it. Let's put an end to this mess and make it simple to hit it farther and straighter.

First step. Your grip needs to allow the wrists to hinge. Nice and oily WRISTS. Just work on getting a grip where both hands feel like a marriage. There's been posts (usually gym rats) who want to convince that because they can crush a tin can in there hands you should forget light grip pressure. Other posts say the club would fly out of our hands through impact without a nice firm grip and therefore we should get that handle firmly in the hands. Reason says something different. Let the fingers of your lead hand wrap around that handle more so than angling that handle through the palm. Grip it lightly, and maintain the lightest grip pressure you can. WHY? In the spirit of keeping it simple - cause that frees up your wrists. THEY control your release.

Next - You need to "get it" as to where clubhead speed truly comes from. More importantly, it's important to know where it DOES NOT come from.

Take a look at the picture below.

I've shaded the golfer's shoulders and arms in yellow. Many golfers start with and/or introduce a ton of tension in this area anytime they want to add distance. The entire area around the shoulder sockets, down the upper arms and into the forearms, the triceps on the back of the arms, the back of the neck, even the armpits... These are areas golfers typically tense up when trying to send the ball farther.

Such tension may be present at address. It's often added when the club changes directions from the backswing to the the downswing, Whenever and where ever tension in these areas is introduced, there's are one-to-one and directly corresponding reduction in how well the wrists will freely unhinge through the striking of the ball.

To go right back to keeping it simple... ease WAY up on the tension in the grip, and all around the upper arms. Start relaxed and stay relaxed in these specific areas.

Now comes the good stuff. What the heck is the difference in "flipping" and "forcing" and "manipulating" the clubhead versus a full and free flowing release??? And how would we KNOW for ourselves which is which???

Stay tuned. That rant is in the next post.

Summary so far.

Light grip pressure, No Tension in the upper body. NONE. None at address and none when you change directions.

The "flip" may have it's place for certain specialty shots. But we're talking here about the "release", and how to get more distance without trying so hard to do so.

At least try this and let me know if you disagree...

Imagine a smoke bomb tied to your clubhead. You can picture how the clubhead itself makes a sort of "circle" as it orbits around you, right? OK then, just simply picture the trail of that smoke bomb for a moment.

When you change directions from backswing to downswng, DO NOT tense up those arms and DO NOT tighten up your grip. Start gentle flowing those tension-free arms back down gently at first - just to get that smoke bomb trail going around you.

At about waist high (hands) on the way down you will now let your wrist go. Really let them go. So much so that your trail hand will end up somewhere about waist-high on the other side of the ball (moving up your follow-through swing) in what amounts to a hand-shake position. That trail hand palm should not be facing skyward (holding-off) nor should it be turned down to the ground (the "flip"). Now we don't actually stop the the through swing at this point but you can FEEL it being right or wrong as it flies through that area after the strike.

And there is the KISS way of getting a full and free flowing release that isn't a flip. Your clubface would be square through the strike cause it has no choice.

IMPORTANT: Over and over again - revisit this business of arm tension. See how much you can relax your arms and put the wrist release from waist-high to waist-high to work. REALLY let them go! FEEL the trail hand being either in the hand-shake position or improperly held-off (or flipped). Strive to get more and more out of your wrists and less and less out of your arms.

IF you end up hitting them thin at first - then get your shoulders turning in a way they would trace a smaller smoke-bomb circle inside that clubhead's smoke-bomb circle. There's a chance that as you get your release working better, your shoulders will be turning too level with the horizon. Just envision two circles, one smaller one inside the other - both on the same general plane as those wrists let-her rip.

We're done!

Wrists do the hinging. You will stress and strain far less and yet generate way more distance when you relax the arms, ease up on grip pressure, and let those wrists FLY from waist-high to waist high - hand-shaking in the through swing.

It's only a "flip" when you snap the wrists way over rather than do the handshake thing -- OR when you get too hung-up and shaft lean and lag and such that you "force" the club to square up too harshly and too late.

Will offer this little challenge to my friends here who (like me) aren't getting any younger. Yes, our days of bombing the ball are long gone. But if you want to get all you can from your shots without straining and tensing up, give this a try.

More wrists, less arms. Shake hands. Let the only "plane" you think about be the smoke bombs.

And the people said, "Amen".

I get up around 5:00 am, have all my life. I usually don't make it to 9:00 pm; I'm in bed before that However, I really don't sleep well, haven't for years. 4 or more bathroom wake ups a night, and I'm ready for morning.

The multiple bathroom breaks have been in effect for many years. Some 14 years ago, Doc prescribed Flomax. In two days, I was dizzy on the verge of passing out. Doc said if I had no objection, he'd rather see me get up multiple times.

Been that way ever since.

It does make me wonder sometimes about modern medicine. The docs are so quick to prescribe a med to treat a condition right up until it doesn't work or there's a nasty side effect. Then it seems to be that the status quo is just fine...

FWIW I have had regular bathroom breaks through the night for years. The doc got concerned about it and wanted to prescribe a med when an ultrasound reveled that I wasn't able to completely empty my bladder. DW got talking to a co-worker who had immigrated from eastern Europe and she suggested saw palmetto tablets. I've been taking them for a couple of years and they seem to work pretty well. This was confirmed by talking to a couple of other fellows at the curling club who took it to deal with prostate issues.

I've been taking the Saw Palmetto tablets for the last couple years. The cheap stuff from Walmart, 200 tablets for around $10. Two 450 mg capsules a day, with meals.

Don't know whether it's helping or not. Can't hurt to take. Urologist I went to back in 2006 (Flomax guy) said saw palmetto is worthless.

I think a lot of my problem deals with just insomnia. When I wake up, I naturally just get up and go to the bathroom.

I take Goody's pm powders, occasionally, when I really can't sleep. Works well. I worry about taking sleeping aids, Reminds me of a Three Stooges episode, where the girl in the show is telling her male cronies, that she is going to give the Stooges sleeping pills, the permanent kind.

The villains laugh and the Stooges are in for mayhem.

Haven't been to a regular doctor since 2009, when I got my cataract surgery.

Tylenol PM works for me, 500 mg, 8 years now, my neurologist said it won't hurt a thing. I take it about 1/2 hr. before bed, zzzzzzz

Yes Rad, as long as you don't go fishing it's ok, however in Alabama keep in mind there are slightly different rules for freshwater fish than saltwater fish. So if you just observe it's ok. In Pennsylvania you're clear Wrigs, unless of course you had tacos the day before (this can all get complicated) (not that I've looked), as you two are the only ones on the planet who have (admittedly) done so.

Good stuff Reasy, for me long ball flights, ease up on the tension of the grip, slow turn, relax, full follow through. Don't let age tell you, you can't still hit your drives long. :)

Gus, Tammy and Cyndy were wearing these hats yesterday at the Grille...

If Gus and the girls come up with a few more of those hats that are for sale, I'd be happy to buy a couple! How does that lyric go; letting my freak flag fly! :pimp:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The "flip" may have it's place for certain specialty shots. But we're talking here about the "release", and how to get more distance without trying so hard to do so.

Imagine a smoke bomb tied to your clubhead. You can picture how the clubhead itself makes a sort of "circle" as it orbits around you, right? OK then, just simply picture the trail of that smoke bomb for a moment.

When you change directions from backswing to downswng, DO NOT tense up those arms and DO NOT tighten up your grip. Start gentle flowing those tension-free arms back down gently at first - just to get that smoke bomb trail going around you.

At about waist high (hands) on the way down you will now let your wrist go. Really let them go. So much so that your trail hand will end up somewhere about waist-high on the other side of the ball (moving up your follow-through swing) in what amounts to a hand-shake position. That trail hand palm should not be facing skyward (holding-off) nor should it be turned down to the ground (the "flip"). Now we don't actually stop the the through swing at this point but you can FEEL it being right or wrong as it flies through that area after the strike.

And there is the KISS way of getting a full and free flowing release that isn't a flip. Your clubface would be square through the strike cause it has no choice.

IMPORTANT: Over and over again - revisit this business of arm tension. See how much you can relax your arms and put the wrist release from waist-high to waist-high to work. REALLY let them go! FEEL the trail hand being either in the hand-shake position or improperly held-off (or flipped). Strive to get more and more out of your wrists and less and less out of your arms.

IF you end up hitting them thin at first - then get your shoulders turning in a way they would trace a smaller smoke-bomb circle inside that clubhead's smoke-bomb circle. There's a chance that as you get your release working better, your shoulders will be turning too level with the horizon. Just envision two circles, one smaller one inside the other - both on the same general plane as those wrists let-her rip.

We're done!

Wrists do the hinging. You will stress and strain far less and yet generate way more distance when you relax the arms, ease up on grip pressure, and let those wrists FLY from waist-high to waist high - hand-shaking in the through swing.

It's only a "flip" when you snap the wrists way over rather than do the handshake thing -- OR when you get too hung-up and shaft lean and lag and such that you "force" the club to square up too harshly and too late.

Will offer this little challenge to my friends here who (like me) aren't getting any younger. Yes, our days of bombing the ball are long gone. But if you want to get all you can from your shots without straining and tensing up, give this a try.

More wrists, less arms. Shake hands. Let the only "plane" you think about be the smoke bombs.

Hey Reasy, guess what? A swing rant that makes perfect sense to me and I think that I can actually confirm this working or at the least knowing what it feels like and what you're talking about from having tried it myself (minus all the descriptive imagery).

I remember from a lesson long ago that the instructor talked about completing the back swing and then letting the weight of the club allow it to fall into the slot as you initiate the downswing rather than attempting to pull the club into the slot.

I also distinctly remember him talking about the release and the positions of the trail hand with it being like a waiter holding a platter with palm skyward at the top of the backswing moving to perpendicular to the ground like you're about to slap a post at impact and then following through to the handshake position.

One of the few times I tried to play last summer I remember starting out hitting my hybrid off the tee and trying to be loose about the hands and arms just trying to swing smooth while rotating the trunk in unison and hooking the daylights out of the club the first few hits. I do recall thinking that the ball traveled a lot further than I expected under the circumstances. It was all about the footwork and using the wrists as you say.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We're done!

Nice swing rant write up right on target! I stumbled on to that feeling as a young golfer in my teens. My first real set of irons included a 2 iron. It was probably about a 5 iron length in todays clubs and had a tiny head. One day I oiled up my wrists and hit a high straight long magical shot. After that I always hit that club that way with good results. I could hit it off the tee on short par 4’s and from the fairway when needed. My friends were amazed at how high and straight I hit that club.I don’t know why I never thought to hit all my clubs like that. It was my magic 2 iron swing.

Today I have reverted to the very bad habit of setting up with too much pre set forward shaft lean which is giving me all kinds of trouble with less than full wedges especially from tight lies. Do you feel that same free wrist swing on those little shots from say 50 yards? I have a hard time gauging the distance of those shots and hit lots of decelerated fats and thins and the occasional hosel rocket. When I catch it well it often flies too far.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Tylenol PM works for me, 500 mg, 8 years now, my neurologist said it won't hurt a thing. I take it about 1/2 hr. before bed, zzzzzzz

Yes Rad, as long as you don't go fishing it's ok, however in Alabama keep in mind there are slightly different rules for freshwater fish than saltwater fish. So if you just observe it's ok. In Pennsylvania you're clear Wrigs, unless of course you had tacos the day before (this can all get complicated) (not that I've looked), as you two are the only ones on the planet who have (admittedly) done so.

Good stuff Reasy, for me long ball flights, ease up on the tension of the grip, slow turn, relax, full follow through. Don't let age tell you, you can't still hit your drives long. :)

I'll take two :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Nice swing rant write up right on target! I stumbled on to that feeling as a young golfer in my teens. My first real set of irons included a 2 iron. It was probably about a 5 iron length in todays clubs and had a tiny head. One day I oiled up my wrists and hit a high straight long magical shot. After that I always hit that club that way with good results. I could hit it off the tee on short par 4’s and from the fairway when needed. My friends were amazed at how high and straight I hit that club.I don’t know why I never thought to hit all my clubs like that. It was my magic 2 iron swing.

Today I have reverted to the very bad habit of setting up with too much pre set forward shaft lean which is giving me all kinds of trouble with less than full wedges especially from tight lies. Do you feel that same free wrist swing on those little shots from say 50 yards? I have a hard time gauging the distance of those shots and hit lots of decelerated fats and thins and the occasional hosel rocket. When I catch it well it often flies too far.

Love the long iron backstory, Doc. Validating!

So wedges... Lets say somewhere in that 60-90 yard range - give or take.

Here's what my instructor is working with me on as we speak. (Very recent lesson).

A) you still release it - really fling that clubhead with the wrists - send that club head right down the target line. BUT...

B) by just a fraction, shake hands in the through-swing with the trail palm a touch more skyward. In other words there's a tiny bit of the hold-off even though it's still a completely purposeful release.

C) A little quieter from the waist down just to shorten up the swing a bit.

I too like the butt end of the handle a bit to the target side of the belt buckle at address With the ball in center of the stance - or maybe one ball diameter forward of center, the combo of ball and handle position seems to give me that trajectory and spin I'm craving. So there's a a little built-in forward press I.suppose but I try to avoid "snatching" the club head away during the takeaway.

I TOTALLY agree that when done well, what we're talking about here opens the potential to fly it farther. With you all the way on that. Guess I'd generally prefer to risk it since the alternative is to entrain a poor release. Since my lesson I find myself choking down more a just letting it go more.

Thats a good one Judge ! I played baseball from age 6 to 19....the last four years at a fairly high level,so I know a little bit

about that swing. But, to be honest, I have no clue if i even release in the golf swing. Have played all these years,and never

quite had the money to spend on a lesson,and I honestly dont know if I release the wrists. Now,you have given me something

to think about and to pay attention to next time i get the clubs in hand. Good job !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Love the long iron backstory, Doc. Validating!

So wedges... Lets say somewhere in that 60-90 yard range - give or take.

Here's what my instructor is working with me on as we speak. (Very recent lesson).

A) you still release it - really fling that clubhead with the wrists - send that club head right down the target line. BUT...

B) by just a fraction, shake hands in the through-swing with the trail palm a touch more skyward. In other words there's a tiny bit of the hold-off even though it's still a completely purposeful release.

C) A little quieter from the waist down just to shorten up the swing a bit.

I too like the butt end of the handle a bit to the target side of the belt buckle at address With the ball in center of the stance - or maybe one ball diameter forward of center, the combo of ball and handle position seems to give me that trajectory and spin I'm craving. So there's a a little built-in forward press I.suppose but I try to avoid "snatching" the club head away during the takeaway.

I TOTALLY agree that when done well, what we're talking about here opens the potential to fly it farther. With you all the way on that. Guess I'd generally prefer to risk it since the alternative is to entrain a poor release. Since my lesson I find myself choking down more a just letting it go more.

I like the choking down part too, just started doing that a few years ago, it really made a difference for me. I was hesitant at first, like this~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (me being hesitant)~~~~~~~~~~~~ then i went ahead and did it all the time, why was I hesitant you ask? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [why were you hesitant?] ~~~~~~~~~~~~'because I thought I'd lose yardage'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [ok--------- so did you?]------~~~~~~~'did I what?, oh, lose yardage? nope, and I gained accuracy, cuz at the same time I turned more too'~~~~~[do we have to keep doing this with these stupid blocks and stuff, besides, we never said these things?]~~~~~~~'no, I guess not' :blush:

Hey I'm tickled pink you guys were so positive about a swing rant. COOL!

Now if you notice I artfully skated around Scotee's question about a 50 yard shot. I spoke of shots a bit longer. (60 - 90).

Truth told the 50-yard shot is in my personal "through up zone". Do I fly a higher flop shot at it with the 56*??? Use the technique talked about here with the 52*? Needless to say the uncertainty isn't helping. They tend to fly a bit long and left. Why the 60 yard shot doesn't lead to nearly as much doubt is a mystery. 40 yards and less I ok with. But that "5"-"0" number leaves me peaking at my poopie! Lol

And yes Radro. Pre-flush surveying happens. The occasional sub that leaves port on the surface but mysteriously sinks after a bit brings a whole new meaning to "flood the bow planes".

You shoulda just flipped that pic around to a lefty Reasy, i would have just figured it was you :)

Sixty work days until retirement as of today, not sixty something, but sixty on the dot... Getting close now. 107 days until the golf league starts, hey, 2019 is shaping up to be a pretty good year. Gus has a new Grille coming to cook on, looks like the other one, only a little bigger. He's very excited about it.

This product might be helpful for those with lavatory exploratory needs, batteries included: https://www.uline.co...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reasy?

About this "oily" wrists thing. Fight the "death grip" on the handle all the time. Know I shouldn't be doing it, try and lighten up, but it keeps returning whenever I'm not paying attention. And the resultant tension up through the arms and into the back of the shoulders. Trying to keep the arms and elbows into my notion of what "perfect" position should be. An attempt to keep that flying right elbow tucked closer to my chest. When in reality (thinking about this, not having touched a golf club in a couple of months), all it creates is rigidity. Heretofore, I've been reluctant to add to much wrist action, as it has all to often resulted in ugly snap hooks occurring.

Obviously, not doing it right. Some trial on the timing of the set and release is in order. I've copied the entirety of the two postings for revisiting when I can get to the golf dome for hitting some balls. I've got a new set of irons finally assembled, and anxious to give them a swat. One thing that struck me in the discourse was this business of shaft lean at setup. Want to get to a point where I do not have to exaggerate forward lean. Simply wish to sole the club, in a comfortable pre-shot position and go. Have a bit of a forward press that starts the entire process, sort of helps sets my wrists. (When I'm doing it right.) But have a preference for not placing the handle to far in front of the ball. Part of this issue is why I need to move beyond playing the Pings. What they demand out of my preferences is not what I'm entirely comfortable in doing.

A work in progress. To be continued.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Walked nine holes yesterday, was a little done in. Woke up 4:00 am, sore throat. I think a cold or flu, morning temp, 99 degrees, a slight fever. Took Tylenol Cold + Flu Severe when I got up. Will go on the recommended regimen, every 4 hours.

Will also take it easy, no golf.

Take care, guys.

Yeah, same thing occurred over the weekend. Felt fine on Friday. About 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, was slammed. Felt like crap, went back to bed. Didn't get out of it until yesterday. Felt a little better after a hot shower, but the stomach was still touchy all day. By then, the Mrs. wasn't feeling so good. Needed to go to the grocery store for supplies. Seem to be back to normal this morning. Don't know what foreign spore caused the brief disturbance.

Laid around during the afternoon watching the playoff FB games. (Other than the quick trip to the store). Most I've watched in some time. Followed by catching the golf tourney. That was enjoyable. They should broadcast all golf tournaments for viewing in the evening hours. One of the reasons I like watching these early season ones' from Hawaii, they're televised in a sensible time for watching them. Not to mention the locale. Compared to the outside environs and climatic conditions locally.

Albeit, been a piece of cake winter so far around here. Haven't had to get the snowblower out once so far. And nothing of significance in the 10 day forecast either. Almost the middle of January. Which means the middle of March is only a scant 8 weeks away. Usually play at golf at least once during March, in most years. Spring is right around the corner. (Dreamer.) Getting pumped to hit some dome range balls at the earliest possible opportunity. Got swing things to work on.

Xander Shaufflelufal (Sp?) got some game. Don't care if it's on a resort course, firing a closing 62, from back in the pack for a win is quality golf. That second shot on 18, when he had to have it, was a thing of beauty. The sound of a perfectly struck golf ball, 275 or whatever it was to the center of the green.......Oh my. Hits the ball a long ways and he doesn't appear to be a big guy. From these unskilled eyes about such matters, I'd say he may be the next real deal. Keep seeing his name showing up on leaderboards. He's even got that cross-cultural, mystical genetic makeup, father as swing coach thing going on like that other guy.

Edit add: Out of curiosity, cruised by Tour Talk to see what sort of chatter there was about the X-man. And it's about him "stepping through". WTF is that even about. I be step'n to if I could hit a golf ball like he does.

Every time I watch DeChambeau play, his style looks so.........Uncomfortable. But who am I to say.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Every time I watch DeChambeau play, his style looks so.........Uncomfortable. But who am I to say.

You're no the only one. He plays golf like an engineer who got carried away trying to bring his Meccano man to life! Iron Byron has more rhythm and fluidity than DeChambeau. I have to cover my eyes when he has a putter in his hands. It just goes to show that if you put enough effort into something you can get results no matter how awkward and unnatural to appears to be. It all leaves me wondering just what he may have been able to accomplish if he had applied his talents to another endeavour that would have a greater benefit to the masses.

Apologies to bill and any others who have been dallying with the single length iron experiment and find this method of swinging the golf club inspiring.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)