Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Took a look at the Callaway pre owned site yesterday. Didn't see anything I remotely wanted. Saw they had a left handed imix head in VG condition 50% off at $12.99. Don't know what shaft it would take, but sales must have been a dud when that model came out.

Can't say I want any new golf equipment.

I gotta agree with you on the new stuff-- I just changed my signature to reflect what I have been messing with the last few months or so. I hate the fact my ailing back will not let me play some of my beloved steel shafted sets a lot. Reluctantly the graphite is in along with the semi CBs but to be honest I have fell in love with those CBs and graphite shafts. Kinda a odd ball set up with the wedges but I love the combo and the versatility the wedge set up gives me. Main thing Is I am able to enjoy playing again without pain during the round and the fear afterwards of pain. I am even able to go at the ball a little more aggressively. But new stuff nothing sticks out at me. My buddy Bear being the club ho he is and somewhat disposable income has bought 2 new drivers in the last 2 weeks and he hits them good but no better than the previous generation stuff and my 3 year old Homna driver ( which he gave me) hangs right in there with the new ones.

BTW Bought the older Jones Classic non stand bag off of the Bay last week--- Has only 3 dividers and is small light and sturdy-- Main thing it is sturdy enough the bag drop guys do not choke the living crap out of it putting on a cart. Paid $13 for it cost me $19 to ship it but IMHO well worth it.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

So even though Iron Byron hits so consistently, I still think has some oily steroid shots occasionally.

I think I would like to design my own, maybe an Aluminum Sixty. The swing would kind of be different every time, sort of out of balance, get better as the round goes on. Pretty much go where it intends to, not so bad actually. Maybe even have some commentary, start with a nice cutesie story as I'm swinging in the beginning, Jim Nance saying an Augusta type thing, "Down the driveway, past the lush green grass, and into that everyday back yard, the average golfer stands in awe beside his Aluminum Sixty as it cranks out inconsistent drives that land in general on the make believe fairway, or thereabouts". Or it could be the new Azinger "That Aluminum Sixty is programmed to crank out his drives, they look as old as an unharvested cornfield in November"...

I saw this video on YT as I was looking for IB vids. This guy looks like a Grille candidate...

So even though Iron Byron hits so consistently, I still think has some oily steroid shots occasionally.

I think I would like to design my own, maybe an Aluminum Sixty. The swing would kind of be different every time, sort of out of balance, get better as the round goes on. Pretty much go where it intends to, not so bad actually. Maybe even have some commentary, start with a nice cutesie story as I'm swinging in the beginning, Jim Nance saying an Augusta type thing, "Down the driveway, past the lush green grass, and into that everyday back yard, the average golfer stands in awe beside his Aluminum Sixty as it cranks out inconsistent drives that land in general on the make believe fairway, or thereabouts". Or it could be the new Azinger "That Aluminum Sixty is programmed to crank out his drives, they look as old as an unharvested cornfield in November"...

I saw this video on YT as I was looking for IB vids. This guy looks like a Grille candidate...

[media=]

[/media]

This guy is my hero! I want to hire that coach! That's so easy that I'm sure I could play golf as much as I wanted to even with a wonky back!

Can you provide any background as to who the instructor is?

[Added] It just occurred to me that this guy is swinging the club just like OMP does...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm getting crazy from the winter, the cold has started addling my brain. Spending to much time perusing through the equipment section, reading old reviews. Perhaps, maybe it's become time to consider a different driver. Modernize. From an 8 year old model, to one only a couple of years old. Thoughts of recapturing a few lost yards without sacrificing control dancing through my head. Risky business. Requiring a "leap of faith" on the assessment, unlikely to find one to test anywhere.

Something in HL (12*) with a LW (~50) gram shaft, either in YTBD regular or senior flex. Maybe with a white head. Which can always be "stealthed" with a trip to the spa for a paint job.

Got a driver ho'ing itch that may need to be scratched. PayPal slush funds sitting idle is a dangerous situation, temptation arises. Need to be told, "Don't be stupid. It's not the implement, it's the implementer". To walk me back from the ledge. In the middle of winter.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I'm getting crazy from the winter, the cold has started addling my brain. Spending to much time perusing through the equipment section, reading old reviews. Perhaps, maybe it's become time to consider a different driver. Modernize. From an 8 year old model, to one only a couple of years old. Thoughts of recapturing a few lost yards without sacrificing control dancing through my head. Risky business. Requiring a "leap of faith" on the assessment, unlikely to find one to test anywhere.

Something in HL (12*) with a LW (~50) gram shaft, either in YTBD regular or senior flex. Maybe with a white head. Which can always be "stealthed" with a trip to the spa for a paint job.

Got a driver ho'ing itch that may need to be scratched. PayPal slush funds sitting idle is a dangerous situation, temptation arises. Need to be told, "Don't be stupid. It's not the implement, it's the implementer". To walk me back from the ledge. In the middle of winter.

Just my opinion of course, but I'm wondering why you might want a white driver after having good success with the current implement. There are a plethora of NOS or lightly used 917 D2's in 12° with Diamana M+ 50 Red in A flex to choose from. You could probably even swing a trade of the 910 to the newer model at Golfavenue... ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

[media=]

[/media]

This guy is my hero! I want to hire that coach! That's so easy that I'm sure I could play golf as much as I wanted to even with a wonky back!

[Added] It just occurred to me that this guy is swinging the club just like OMP does...

Well, I found this stuff... This page on You Tube has a bunch of his stuff: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dalton+McCreary+how+to+Hit+a+golf+ball+straight

Looks like he goes a ways back. I was trying to find his videos for sale, some on Amazon if you have a VHS player cause they are quite old. ;)

He probably is too.

[media=]

[/media]

Bit of snooping around. Dalton McCrary, "Dalton Straight Shootin' Golf". Richardson, TX. Few more YT vids out there. I like him, if for no other reason than he's got that smooth Texas drawl goin on. Plus a bit of "Tip Cup" in the night time shoot.

https://lessons.com/...ht-shootin-golf

Alternatively, you could take DW on a last minute surprise cruise. Worth it's weight in gold in terms of brownie points garnered...

Won't do much for the club lusting, but it would put a dint in the PayPal slush fund and remove the temptation. For the greater good sorta thing...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Alternatively, you could take DW on a last minute surprise cruise. Worth it's weight in gold in terms of brownie points garnered...

Won't do much for the club lusting, but it would put a dint in the PayPal slush fund and remove the temptation. For the greater good sorta thing...

Used driver level excess funds in the account. Not cruise level. The slush fund wouldn't even pay for the requisite "all inclusive" daily bar bill. Let alone get us onboard. If one can hit golf balls off the back of the ship (with Mai Tai in hand), could be persuaded to entertain the possibility.

Used driver level excess funds in the account. Not cruise level. The slush fund wouldn't even pay for the requisite "all inclusive" daily bar bill. Let alone get us onboard. If one can hit golf balls off the back of the ship (with Mai Tai in hand), could be persuaded to entertain the possibility.

LOL Actually, my brother and his wife take a cruise often. And I do believe he has mentioned that you could hit golf balls off the top dect

into the ocean ! Course.....thats a pretty good drive...those ships are huge !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Happy to have stirred the pot, lol. I agree with swing your swing. I don't see the golf swing

as a natural thing. If you have to do something 1,000 or 10,000 times to make it repeatable

then whatever you are trying to do is not natural for you. Golf is hard.

100% agree.

Seems like somewhere along the line we shared what constitutes "habit" - good ones and/or not so good ones.

Can sum up what this means for me personally. I realize I'll never play inside the ropes. It's clear at this point I have built-in tendencies. Some of those tendencies are helpful while others launch the unguided missiles. But better habits (IMO and as it applies to me) are a simple choice to have fun striving for. It's really not so complicated at the end of the day to at least try. I can opt to seek the ways that serve up the most efficient, least manipulated/forced, simplest pathways where physical, mental, and emotional stress are muted.

In golf, unlike so many of life's endeavors - failure is an option. Purity is not perfection, it's trying to narrow the dispersion of misses down to something a smidge more manageable. Therein (for moi) lies the never ending journey. With luck, the arthritis, aging bones, loss of general abilities will serve to extend that journey rather than end it. So far so good on that front.

We all do it. Stu harkens up that low cut with sticks he's put his own two hands on in the shop. It's one of his go-to things he looks forward to that is his and his alone. Sixty finds that peace in beating back dropped foot and such through balance, patience in his backswing. Scomacer sees the potential inside a simple and repeatable swing key seen in a Texas video. Bill knows how to (and how not to) aggravate his back while doing a little club testing that supports that plan.

It's all the same journey for us all. Lol. We might not go at it exactly the same way but we're all on the same train. We just happen to see different things as we look out through the window from our individual seats on that train. But we nonetheless are all on the journey. The tie that binds.

Hey Guys,

Adam had a good Saturday at pebble, (-5) and moved up to T22. He and Ray Romano, are in 3rd in the team part of the competition, so hopefully he gets some TV time today. He has a 11:33 tee time today, Hopefully he can play as well or better, and get inside the top 10.

Easy guy to like. Such a calm 'tude'. Has more than played ball with changes to rules changes involving his putter.

My opine and a quarter might get you a half cup of coffee. But to my eye he plays best when he's not too out and over the balls of his feet at address. But what do I know? Lol.

Heavy weather at Pebble. Hope they get to play today.

We have had the worst rain in northern Queensland in recorded history, the cattle industry there is massive, hundreds of families have generations on the land. As of today the industry is all but wiped out, some farmers have lost everything, all the cattle al fences, all they have left is a debt to the banks. Feed is being flown into surviving cattle but it is too late, those that could help have hung back hoping it would get better. At least 500,000 cattle are dead, most of them breading stock and the bill to date is 2.5 billion dollars.

We are now being swamped with another stars awards night, these are not stars, the stars are the farmers.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Read some reporting about the flooding on the Telegraph.uk website. Also viewing some pics and videos. What a catastrophic mess. Estimated the flooding to encompass a land mass the size of Germany and France combined. Could be months before the situation normalizes. (Not even mentioning the snakes and crocs swimming around in the floodwaters.) Criminy!! God's grace to those being impacted by this natural disaster.

Tol. You had mentioned prior that this is not the area where you reside. Hoping that you and yours continue to remain safe.

Sixty and Fella; thanks for providing the links. :good:

----------------------------

tol; thankful that you and yours are safe. Hard to envision the sort of devastation that has occurred by nature's hand. :(

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

tol; thankful that you and yours are safe. Hard to envision the sort of devastation that has occurred by nature's hand. :(

It is devastating to give an idea, one river which is normally around half a mile wide at the widest, is now sixty miles wide.

The weather does not make sense at present, we have just come out of a ten week drought in what is usually our rainy season, literally at the other end of our state the rain has been going for weeks, they had 12 months rain in a week. Stopped now so hopefully the clean up can begin.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It is devastating to give an idea, one river which is normally around half a mile wide at the widest, is now sixty miles wide.

The weather does not make sense at present, we have just come out of a ten week drought in what is usually our rainy season, literally at the other end of our state the rain has been going for weeks, they had 12 months rain in a week. Stopped now so hopefully the clean up can begin.

:shok:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey Guys,

Adam had a good Saturday at pebble, (-5) and moved up to T22. He and Ray Romano, are in 3rd in the team part of the competition, so hopefully he gets some TV time today. He has a 11:33 tee time today, Hopefully he can play as well or better, and get inside the top 10.

So the programme is correct, he can play golf. That’s always as long as it’s the same person.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Watching some of the golf at Pebble Beach, and seeing all the estates bordering the place, it reminds me, when I was a boy, I used to cherish the very little I had. I was overjoyed the one Christmas, receiving a Duncan Imperial yo yo. I doubt kids play with such things today. Anyhow, we kids played with yo yos and tops in springtime. One or two boys had more than one Duncan.

I asked my Mom how some boys had so much more. She didn't miss a beat, and said, "People steal."

When I see stuff like the mansions, and such, I feel Mom was right. No one "earns" that kind of stuff. They "steal", whether legally or not.

Snowed a good 2-3 inches last night. It was so nice having no snow on the ground last week.

We got a covering of ice in southern ohio over night. Just thick enough that it will take some warmer temps to melt it. Just hope

it melts before the rain starts ,otherwise it could get ugly.

Toj,were exactly are you located? I want to find it global positioning. The flooding over there is terrible. Stay safe guy !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

We got a covering of ice in southern ohio over night. Just thick enough that it will take some warmer temps to melt it. Just hope

Toj,were exactly are you located? I want to find it global positioning. The flooding over there is terrible. Stay safe guy !

Yeah, I bragged again too early about the weather and year round golf. Woke to 2 inches of snow yesterday and it snowed to 4 or 5 all day. No golf for a while. I thought I might not have to shovel any snow this winter. Cannot complain with what some folks are enduring. A little snow is such a small inconvenience. Take care if any of you or your loved ones are in real peril.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

We're getting primed for another doozie. The trifecta of winter weather with snow, ice pellets and freezing rain all mixed in together throughout the next couple of days. Hoh hum, just another mid winter's day in the land around the lakes... :rolleyes:

--------------------------------

Had coffee this morning with my old golfing buddy, Dave. I may have mentioned before that he's now driving three shifts a week for Skip-the-Dishes; an online food ordering and delivery service. At any rate, he is starting to get a few stories to tell about some of the folks he meets while on the job.

On one delivery he was met at the door by a woman wearing nothing more than a towel and this was in the middle of the afternoon, in winter! The strange part was that she wasn't even wet. He thinks she was hoping for a younger fellow to be delivering and perhaps had a different idea of a tip in mind...

I've got another friend who owns 5 taxi medallions. He used to drive on occasion when one of his regular guys wanted time off. He told me on many occasion that I wouldn't believe some of the folks that would be fares. You get to see the dark underbelly of a city when you drive a taxi especially at night. The hookers and drug addicts were reasonably reliable in that they would have the cash to pay their fares. It was always the little old ladies living in subsidized housing that thought they should get a free ride and expected him to carry their groceries for them to their apartments for them...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We live in Tinney rd, Upper Caboolture, nice rural area but only 3 miles from main shopping.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We live in Tinney rd, Upper Caboolture, nice rural area but only 3 miles from main shopping.

Found Tinney road...thats a lot more populated than I expected ! Looks like a nice rural area...close enough to needed stores,but a lot of trees !

I could handle that !

How close to the Bush Garden Nursery are you ?

Forget this old dummy ever asked that stupid question..... I know better...just getting lax i guess. !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Interesting my son and DIL lived not too far away from you in 2013 as they were about 40 minutes south of Brisbane as I recall. Google maps are a wonderful thing!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)