2016 US Open Discussion Thread

PZero

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DJ could putt he would be at least minus 7 right now.

Guy looks all business. Love to see him open a lead up.

Dude just may be the best weekday golfer on the planet.

Paulina should tell him tomorrow is Thursday. They say hes not the smartest.

He does look more focused/less lackadaisical than usual, though. Just needs to stay mean.

Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd like to see more US Opens in the South (besides Pinehurst). In the last 30 years, there has only been 3 US Opens in the South. All 3 were at Pinehurst. I find it hard to believe that we can't host more of them in the south.

The heat and the fact that there is one in Augusta every year is probably what keeps US Open's out of the south for the most part.

I don't buy the "heat" argument for keeping the US Open out of the south. The PGA has played in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, and South Carolina 10 times in 35 years......in August. It doesn't get any more hot and humid in this country.

He answer is $$$$. Sponsors hover around northeastern cities and in California. Pine hurst is the farthest south they will let it go ... And no Kiawah doesn't count in my book. That's south. But it's south " exclusive " might as well be a tropical island 1000 miles off coast.

Wisconsin? Middle of nowhere Washington state? Not exactly big time sponsor areas. There's an assload of money in Texas. Any majors there any time soon?

I don't see it as a sponsor bias but more guaranteeing viewership and attendance by placating to the northeast media markets.

It does appear in recent years, with the addition of Chamber Bay and Erin Hills to the mix, the USGA is branching out to other areas of the country.

Wisconsin? Middle of nowhere Washington state? Not exactly big time sponsor areas. There's an assload of money in Texas. Any majors there any time soon?

The last one was 64 years ago and only one since WWII. There are three cities ranked in the top 12 (population), so I'm sure the support would be solid.

Interesting stat; Since WWII CA has 12, NY has 12 and Penn has 10. No other state has more than 3 and 32 states have zero.

They did announce yesterday that there are mic's in the holes. Not sure if it's all of them or selected holes.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

The last one was 64 years ago and only one since WWII. There are three cities ranked in the top 12 (population), so I'm sure the support would be solid.

Interesting stat; Since WWII CA has 12, NY has 12 and Penn has 10. No other state has more than 3 and 32 states have zero.

I think a US Open at Colonial would be incredible.

Matsu Seppuku :(

Oregon should get at least a PGA sometime......Pumpkin Ridge? Washington St. as well even, Sahalee was fine for the ladies last week, the could make it nastier for the dudes. If they decide to let Chambers Bay get watered (it's already nice and green again) they should at least get a PGA as well. The tour is in the Southeast for months every year already these other places never get regular tour stops anymore.

Even somewhere else in Norcal that's not Pebble Beach or Olympic Club would be cool.

If DJ could putt he would be at least minus 7 right now.

Guy looks all business. Love to see him open a lead up.

Dude just may be the best weekday golfer on the planet.

Paulina should tell him tomorrow is Thursday. They say hes not the smartest.

He does look more focused/less lackadaisical than usual, though. Just needs to stay mean.

That's ok, come Sunday, oh, bout 3:45-4ish, he'll be invisible-

Everything before that is irrelevant-

A Doc said this morning that it was too bad that the majors weren't 54 holes, cuz if so DBag would have a few-

I said no, because regardless of the length of the major, he will find a way to goatf*** himself the last nine, whether it be holes # 45-54, 63-72 or 81-90....

I was sorta surprised at this doc's thinking cuz he's a former solid college athlete(hooper).

I accused him of stealing and takin my dilaudid, lmao

Yea, I'm winning friends and influencing peeps around here, lol

How you guys doin :)

Stay well My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Hideki is up early out of every swing today. Swinging too quick for him. DJ tee to green display show today. Superb.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Why do they call Adam Scott, "Scotty"

I'm goin totally out on the end of a very thin limb here but I believe that it's because his last is "Scott,"

Scott...Scotty

Woods...Woodsy

Jacobs..Jakey

Yea, that's it :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd like to see more US Opens in the South (besides Pinehurst). In the last 30 years, there has only been 3 US Opens in the South. All 3 were at Pinehurst. I find it hard to believe that we can't host more of them in the south.

The heat and the fact that there is one in Augusta every year is probably what keeps US Open's out of the south for the most part.

I don't buy the "heat" argument for keeping the US Open out of the south. The PGA has played in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, and South Carolina 10 times in 35 years......in August. It doesn't get any more hot and humid in this country.

He answer is $$$$. Sponsors hover around northeastern cities and in California. Pine hurst is the farthest south they will let it go ... And no Kiawah doesn't count in my book. That's south. But it's south " exclusive " might as well be a tropical island 1000 miles off coast.

Not sure I understand the inference of "south exclusive". Kiawah may be socioeconomically separated from the rest of South Carolina but so is Harbour Town. The same can be said for Shoal Creek in Alabama and Southern Hills in Oklahoma.

I agree money is key. The USGA has closer ties to the media corporations than any other entity in golf. There is no greater bias in this country than the northeast media bias.

thats my point entirely on kiawah and harbor town.. both are inhabited by over 90% non native folks ( northern and international retirees etc) I know very well a member at harbor town and have been his guest many times on course and at the Harbor town Yacht club... and trust me my southern accent was/is out of place... People are nice , so im not at all saying that they are "snooty" or un inviting , But i do not think they represent the regions demographic at all.. what im trying to say is that folks from the south do not feel as if the US open is ever a "home game" except pinehurst.. and its really old knowing thats the only place they will give an open to

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What the eff is holdup on DJ making a decision on 17 tee? Ridiculous!

He's starting early this year, lol

All the Best,

Richard

"I don't see it as a sponsor bias but more guaranteeing viewership and attendance by placating to the northeast media markets.

It does appear in recent years, with the addition of Chamber Bay and Erin Hills to the mix, the USGA is branching out to other areas of the country."

you dont think folks will show up to a major in the south ? what possible evidence is there to support that ? the truth is the sponsors want it close to home base to cut travel time etc down ....they cant come hob knob in the big tents and boxes if they have to fly 3000 miles ...... I personally think its a shame some states have never hosted one....

edit... forgot to add.....with all that being said i love to watch at oakmont and courses like Bethpage...

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sergio from 70 yards in with wedges/chipping is so good. Pure clipped contacts all the time. Complete confidence in his own ability. All about clubface ball contact. Great to watch.

Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
Mizuno Skintite Glove

What is "whinging out"?

The English word 'whinge', you know, complain, grumble etc. It's spelt 'whingeing' actually.

Oh. I thought it was a new golf term.

LMAO, I've got a couple of surgical residents and a surgical fellow watchin the tourney in my room cuz Dave and my Bro brought my 60" flat screen in cuz the little wall mounted hospital tv's are garbage and the fellow is from London and has $$ on DJ and he just flipped and called him an "effin wanker," lmao

Then he comes back in, thanks me for "your hospitality" and apologized for swearing, HaHa

I love you Brits!!

You're the best!!

An "effin wanker," lmao

All the Best,

RP

"I don't see it as a sponsor bias but more guaranteeing viewership and attendance by placating to the northeast media markets.

It does appear in recent years, with the addition of Chamber Bay and Erin Hills to the mix, the USGA is branching out to other areas of the country."

you dont think folks will show up to a major in the south ? what possible evidence is there to support that ? the truth is the sponsors want it close to home base to cut travel time etc down ....they cant come hob knob in the big tents and boxes if they have to fly 3000 miles ...... I personally think its a shame some states have never hosted one....

I think there is a big difference between a major in the South and a US Open in the south. PGA's have been held in the south 10 times in 35 years.

I live in the south and have my entire life. From Virginia and lived in Texas, Louisiana and South Carolina. I know people will show up. I just don't see the USGA ever giving it a real chance.

I think there is a big difference between a major in the South and a US Open in the south. PGA's have been held in the south 10 times in 35 years.

I live in the south and have my entire life. From Virginia and lived in Texas, Louisiana and South Carolina. I know people will show up. I just don't see the USGA ever giving it a real chance.

oh i agree.... they wont....

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Integrity? WTF is Curtis Strange talking about? lol

The word is compression sir.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Loving the speed Sergio, DJ and Hideki are playing at. No drama or chat just setting up and pulling the trigger all 3 of them every shot. Bang bang bang. Love it. That's proper golf entertainment for us fans.

Mizuno Skintite Glove

Could it be because only steers and queers come from Texas? (FMJ reference before Texans start taking out contracts).

Can someone tell me how I can apply integrity to my golf shots?

If you have to talk all day about golf you will, sooner or later, create some new adjectives that sound really good. The golf term they invented a few years back is "athleticism" and began over using it.

So now it's "integrity". Maybe they will discover how to describe a golf shot as having "character" soon.

Can someone tell me how I can apply integrity to my golf shots?

If you have to talk all day about golf you will, sooner or later, create some new adjectives that sound really good. The golf term they invented a few years back is "athleticism" and began over using it.

So now it's "integrity". Maybe they will discover how to describe a golf shot as having "character" soon.

McCord use to refer to putting some hurt on the ball after a striped tee shot. One of my favorites.

Interesting. Phil is blowing the field away with FIRs (80%) but is five over par. So much for the tee ball being most important.

I see this as a full examination of thier game driving, irons, putting and short game. Phil doesn't seems to be hitting the irons too well this week.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly