2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Drewtaylor21's Golf Journey (Swing Changes, WITB, Results)

drewtaylor21

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting a brand new 2016 M2 with a White Tie shaft, custom ordered for $250.

you could be scratch if it was a black tie tipped 2 inches

Can it also be hard stepped x 2?

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I am getting a brand new 2016 M2 with a White Tie shaft, custom ordered for $250.

Yesss. That's a good deal.

Which one of you nerds is gonna get the Dechambeau Cobra set of iron's first? :) I kind of wanna play around with em. Get me a vert driver and some Jim beam...It all over.

What if we crafted a Directed Force putter that was built to be used side saddle?

*brain explodes*

(I'd love to hit a 4 iron and PW in those one-lengths just for the novelty!)

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

FYI.....................looking through several of the WITBs from the Career Builders, several guys are playing the 2016 M2 that are not TMAG players, Vegas, Points, and Castro.

Rahm playing 17 M2 but he is also playing a full TMAG bag.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Pretty sure DF is rollin the unicorn sidesaddle option out at the PGA show. ? Think I saw it mentioned in their booth write up.

I also saw a guy who owned a repair shop jeryrig one. Took a couple rolls with it and it felt super stable but couldn't get used to the side saddle alignment.

It is a known fact if you side saddle a Ksig with a DF you are guaranteed to average 18 putts per round forever.

FYI.....................looking through several of the WITBs from the Career Builders, several guys are playing the 2016 M2 that are not TMAG players, Vegas, Points, and Castro.

Any idea behind the rationale for most tour guys having 10.5 loft? Even guys like DJ with the 10.5 head. Is it because they are gaming such tipped out low spin shafts that they need the extra loft or want some additional accuracy? Anything in your testing to figure this out?

I hope you stocked up on those KSigs...

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Any idea behind the rationale for most tour guys having 10.5 loft? Even guys like DJ with the 10.5 head. Is it because they are gaming such tipped out low spin shafts that they need the extra loft or want some additional accuracy? Anything in your testing to figure this out?

Because it's what fits them. With the modern ball and drivers and good impact alignments very few need low lofted drivers. Launching it higher with reasonable spin goes the longest.

I noticed a lot of guys hitting 10.5 too. I know I was surprised that I wasn't spinning the 10.5 as much as I thought I would and I hit a lot of drives into a strong head wind. It is more accurate for me. I want to launch it as high as I can too.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

I hope you stocked up on those KSigs...

Haha right?! I've got 35 brand new ones left....I'm thinking I might just sell a dozen on ebay and pay for that new driver :cheesy:

What a crazy story that ball was.

Rob and I were talking about that today and agreed that we need to go back and get a larger sample size with the Snell and B330, as we really like both of them. Still just can't get over the clicky feel of those Srixons, sorry man lol. I'm stocked up on premium balls for my garage range though! :)

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

I am not convinced yet Costco is done with them. I don't trust MGS. They originally also reported that the ball was a TM patent, now all of the sudden it is a Quattro over run?

Add Smylie Kaufman and Charlie Beljan to the 2016 M2 list. Both guys have a whole bag full of Srixon clubs but driver. Charlie has a 10.5 and Smylie the 9.5 I have yet to see a guy on the Career Builders WITB have the M1 yet. All M2s and all have been 2016 except for Rahm.

Tbd- if the KSig is done, I will go back to the Snell most likely or try the Callaway Chrome Soft. Never tried that ball.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

I am not convinced yet Costco is done with them. I don't trust MGS. They originally also reported that the ball was a TM patent, now all of the sudden it is a Quattro over run?

Add Smylie Kaufman and Charlie Beljan to the 2016 M2 list. Both guys have a whole bag full of Srixon clubs but driver. Charlie has a 10.5 and Smylie the 9.5 I have yet to see a guy on the Career Builders WITB have the M1 yet. All M2s and all have been 2016 except for Rahm.

Tbd- if the KSig is done, I will go back to the Snell most likely or try the Callaway Chrome Soft. Never tried that ball.

Yeah they kind of did a half-arsed job of covering their tracks by leaving the possibility of a KSig comeback on the table in that article. Who knows though, I get the feeling Costco isn't too concerned with whether it does or doesn't come back. I'm not terribly invested either way, but it'd be nice if Costco could at least keep it in stock for a while! I'd keep playing it in casual rounds for sure.

That's interesting that so many guys are playing the M2 over M1. Makes me a little disappointed that I haven't even hit it yet!

Cool Clubs got back to me today and offered to let me come back and do a free head to head of my SLDR vs Epic/Accra combo that I was fit into. It'll be a while before I can make it back to Irvine though, so I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I think I'm going to do a fitting at the TaylorMade Experience so that I can at least scratch that itch with last year's and this year's M1 and M2. If the fitting there confirms what the numbers showed in Irvine and the M series just isn't any better for me, then back to Irvine later this spring to see if the Epic is still the one. At that point, assuming it holds up, I'll just wait another couple years until it's $200 and voila! New driver :cheesy:

In all the thinking I've done over this driver issue, I realized I've been playing golf for 20 years now and I've used 3 drivers. The first was an awful Spalding from a Big-5 set of clubs lol, then used the Titleist 975 for about 11 years, and now the SLDR for the last 4 years.

Between that admission and my use of the KSig/DF combo, I'm terribly confused right now about my WRX identity.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

In all the thinking I've done over this driver issue, I realized I've been playing golf for 20 years now and I've used 3 drivers. The first was an awful Spalding from a Big-5 set of clubs lol, then used the Titleist 975 for about 11 years, and now the SLDR for the last 4 years.

I don't think I would have posted that. You may get banned.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Yeah they kind of did a half-arsed job of covering their tracks by leaving the possibility of a KSig comeback on the table in that article. Who knows though, I get the feeling Costco isn't too concerned with whether it does or doesn't come back. I'm not terribly invested either way, but it'd be nice if Costco could at least keep it in stock for a while! I'd keep playing it in casual rounds for sure.

That's interesting that so many guys are playing the M2 over M1. Makes me a little disappointed that I haven't even hit it yet!

Cool Clubs got back to me today and offered to let me come back and do a free head to head of my SLDR vs Epic/Accra combo that I was fit into. It'll be a while before I can make it back to Irvine though, so I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I think I'm going to do a fitting at the TaylorMade Experience so that I can at least scratch that itch with last year's and this year's M1 and M2. If the fitting there confirms what the numbers showed in Irvine and the M series just isn't any better for me, then back to Irvine later this spring to see if the Epic is still the one. At that point, assuming it holds up, I'll just wait another couple years until it's $200 and voila! New driver :cheesy:

Between that admission and my use of the KSig/DF combo, I'm terribly confused right now about my WRX identity.

Don't even pretend like you're not a ho! We all know the truth. Hahah.

Great to hear that CC decided to offer something, that's better than nothing. Also,I think with 3 drivers in 20 years, you owe it to yourself to just drop some money on a new driver and call it a day. :taunt:

And on a side note, you should see if TM can just do a shaft fitting for the SLDR for now until you decide to actually buy a new driver man! $100 on shaft versus $800 on a new driver sounds like a good deal. Obviously, that's buying on The Bay and not direct from TM though.

They might not offer to hit last years m1 or m2 anymore, stopped taking orders for them like a couple days ago so most fitters just pulled them from fittings. I hit all of them 16 m2, 17 m1, 17 m2 and epic last night. Not that much of a difference between the m series drivers, address might look slightly better with the black and white on the 17 m's but its personal preference, the top black carbon is slightly darker on the new m1 and obviously theres more black carbon on 17's. Other difference I noticed the 16m2 had a really dead sound to it, the new 17's have a bit more pop but not much. Ballflights were about identical. Regarding epic, seemed like a great driver but callaway just can't make a good looking driver like the m series. Just my opinions from last night

Killer price.

Chinese price.

No my pro hooks me up. Ordered through our pro shop. He still makes money on it at that price.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Chrome soft rules!

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

your sldr isn't a sldr c though so thats also working against you

I remember there being a difference for the better with the C, but what was the difference again?

it's a higher spin version, I don't think it's for the better. so sldr was very low spinning in general, sldr c was like a dicks sporting goods version.

I was just joking because theres a guy on this board that swears its best driver ever, when it's like a cheapo mass produced, made for dicks sporting goods and walmart type deal

I remember there being a difference for the better with the C, but what was the difference again?

it's a higher spin version, I don't think it's for the better. so sldr was very low spinning in general, sldr c was like a dicks sporting goods version.

I was just joking because theres a guy on this board that swears its best driver ever, when it's like a cheapo mass produced, made for dicks sporting goods and walmart type deal

Lol! Don't you dare send out the bat signal for Bobcat!

Rob, I am going to call TM today and see if they're still fitting 2016 M1/M2, and if so get that set up. Would definitely try some different shaft options in the SLDR while I'm there, thanks for the reminder!

Redjeep, the 440 is interesting to me as well. I LOVE the look of the TMAG 430 options, but they've always been too low-launching for me. If I could find an option to get launch up a bit, that would be solid!

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Lol! Don't you dare send out the bat signal for Bobcat!

Rob, I am going to call TM today and see if they're still fitting 2016 M1/M2, and if so get that set up. Would definitely try some different shaft options in the SLDR while I'm there, thanks for the reminder!

Redjeep, the 440 is interesting to me as well. I LOVE the look of the TMAG 430 options, but they've always been too low-launching for me. If I could find an option to get launch up a bit, that would be solid!

TM (at least @ Reynolds Plantation) is not fitting for the 2016s anymore, but you could always buy a 2016 head and they'll fit you for a shaft for a $100 fitting fee. Problem would be choosing between 9.5 & 10.5. If don't like it ... would be a quick sale on the BST.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

[TM (at least @ Reynolds Plantation) is not fitting for the 2016s anymore, but you could always buy a 2016 head and they'll fit you for a shaft for a $100 fitting fee. Problem would be choosing between 9.5 & 10.5. If don't like it ... would be a quick sale on the BST.

Guess I got lucky. My pro ordered a custom 16 M2 last Friday and it already shipped. He texted me today that it will be in this Friday. Not bad, one week turn around. Can't wait to hit it.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

[TM (at least @ Reynolds Plantation) is not fitting for the 2016s anymore, but you could always buy a 2016 head and they'll fit you for a shaft for a $100 fitting fee. Problem would be choosing between 9.5 & 10.5. If don't like it ... would be a quick sale on the BST.

Guess I got lucky. My pro ordered a custom 16 M2 last Friday and it already shipped. He texted me today that it will be in this Friday. Not bad, one week turn around. Can't wait to hit it.

Just got my M2 this week - ordered from the TM website - took about a week as well. 2016 M2 with a Tensei CK Blue 70. With that and my backwards DF, I'm ready for action.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini