2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Tennessee
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Looks and control
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG(52, 56) V-LG (60) i Play varied lies, howver I always chip with my 60 and I believe the V-LG is closest to what I play now the "CG15 Dynamic Sole"
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, Love the rust look, cuts glare, promotes confidence
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.Yes however and whenever you want.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Scottsdale, AZ
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Purely looks
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG, most versatile sole for open faced shots
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Raw for feel, increased spin, and less glare.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. YES I agree

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Tucson AZ
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Looks and feel.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Raw
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge.YES!

Ping G30 stock stiff shaft
Ping I25 Aerotech Steelfiber 95G
Cleveland 588 - 48, 54, 60
Ping Anser 3

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Brentwood, TN
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I prefer the Blade look and characteristics of the Blade. Easier to manipulate and use around the green
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG in 50*, V-MG in 55*, V-FG in 60*; I like to have a wide variety of bounce and grind options around the green to adapt to changing conditions and courses
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw, would like to see how your Raw finish works. I typically play your Black Satin finish in my RTX wedges
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-55-60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, I have multiple hi-res cameras and can provide a very detailed analysis of how these wedges preform on different courses with various conditions

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? NJ
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, like the appearance of a smaller head
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG, shallow swing, like the versatility and play generally firm conditions
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin, looks the best to me
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Absolutely!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Nebraska
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blades - I have CBs now and can't really shape anything well
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG - Never know what you're going to find on the course out here!
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw - Keep them natural, I'm a fan of the rusted look
  • Preferred Lofts? 46*, 52*, 58*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Nevada

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, fits my eye.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) low voice in lob for chipping on firm conditions. Mid bounce on other wedges, for sand play

Preferred Finish? Why? Satin chrome? Matches my current set of irons. Easier to line up in dawn and dusk conditions

Preferred Lofts? 60-56-52 and/or 47

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. No problemo, will take pics.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? South Carolina—city of Rock Hill
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I play blades in my irons and appreciate the extra control I get out of blades. I also like the way they feel/sound.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). V-MG. I normally play a medium bounce, etc.
  • Prefer[r]ed Finish? Why? I like the tour raw look for finish. I like the way it looks. It's classic looking but stands out from the chrome irons in my set.
  • Preferred Lofts? 53, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

Where are you located - Delaware

Preferred Model: Blade - the cavity backs have never fit my eye and I have always preferred the Cleveland blade shape

Preferred Sole Grind: V-MG for 50 degree & 54 degree, V-LG for 58 degree. I like the low bounce 58 as I normally use it inside 30 yards

Preferred Finish: Black Satin - I would rather have the Raw finish, but as a lefty it is not an option

Preferred Lofts: 50 & 54 (V-MG), 58 (V-LG)

I would certainly participate in any continuing evaluation - either during or after the testing period. Supplying pictures and reviews would not be an issue

I have been a Cleveland wedge guy since 1992. I still have my first 588 from that year..................dc

•Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade as I wanted added precision and I like the sleek look better

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG for 54 on longer full shots V-LG for 58 and 64 allowing me to have more forgiveness on the dry courses I play

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw gives me a confident boost and it looks great at adress.

Preferred Lofts? 54 58 64

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes If given the chance to review these wedges I will review them unbiased to the best of my ability.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Oregon

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

I like both........my irons have strong lofts, so off of a 44 deg PW I have wedges at 48, 52, 58. I like Cavity Back in the 48 and 52 since I use them primarily on full shots and long pitches and like the forgiveness. Plus, they blend in with my cavity back irons (Srixon Z-Stars). For the 58, I prefer a blade. Generally better feel both visually (at address) and in performance around the greens. I'm hitting a wider variety of shots with the 58, so the feel aspect is more important.

• Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

V-MG sole grind --- In Oregon you get soft and firm turf conditions throughout the year, so having the most versatile grind is best. I guess if money were no object, I'd have a low bounce set of wedges and a high bounce set of wedges, but that's a difficult cost to justify. Over the years I've tried to shallow my attack angle on shots around the green to help avoid "digging" in soft turf and "bouncing the wedge into the ball" in firm conditions.

• Prefered Finish? Why?

Black Satin finish. Have always preferred a dark finish to my wedges. Fights off glare and they just look cooler. Plus, as the dark finish wears over time/use, it's a good reminder to replace my wedges every year or two.

• Preferred Lofts?

As mentioned above after 44 deg PW -- 48, 52, 58

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

I would be happy to share my on-going experiences (in writing and picture) with the new RTX 3.0 wedges. A small price to pay to game some of the best wedges around (I've played CG10s, CG14s, RTX 2.0) and a privilege to provide honest feedback to the Golfwrx community.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Helena, MT
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade for better control and visuals
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG. Best all-around performance
  • Prefer[r]ed Finish? Why? Tour raw. Classic look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 47, 52, 56
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

• WASHINGTON
  • CB - I've never played the Cavity Back Clevelands. This is a test right... Let me give them a try. Currently gaming Ping Glide wedges so this will be a good test.
  • I would like the MG in a 50 and 56, the LG in the 60. My course typically has tight lies around the green and firm wet bunkers, also thick wet rough. The 60 low bounce is great from firm wet sand. Wet rough needs some bounce and I like the 56 from around there. Maybe even the FG in the 56...
  • CB only comes in satin, thats fine.
  • 50, 56, 60, 1.5 degrees upright. Maybe tweak the 56 down to a 55 for an even gap.

THANKS!!!!! I've participated in tests before and will provide a thoughtful response having gamed Mizuni, Cleveland, Ping and Vokey wedges in the past few years. I can also provide great pics.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Florida
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity backed. The extra forgiveness is more important to a mid-handicap player like me.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? VMG. It gives a mid to upper level bounce which works better with my swing and the type of light, somewhat fluffier sand on my course and most courses in Florida. Our course is 100% paspalum grass and I find VMG more effective in those conditions. (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour satin. I like the look better.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Absolutely agree! We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Where are you located? Oshkosh, WI

Preferred Model? Blade Why) Aesthetics

Preferred Sole Grind? V-LG Why? Bounce (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

Prefered Finish? Black Why? Aesthetics

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Absolutely! We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? KANSAS
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I prefer blade wedges. My handicap is 2.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 50-10 and 54-11 V-MG and 60-06 V-LG. Need a variety of bounce for my game and versatility of shots. I play a variety of conditions. I really like a low bounce for tight lies and flop shots.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin. My irons are Satin. I prefer to match
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-10, 54-11 and 60-06
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES!!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? CA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity backed because it gives increased forgiveness

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Heel to toe for tight lies and firm turf.

Prefererd Finish? Why? Black Oxide simply because it catches my eye

Preferred Lofts? Gap Wedge 50, Sand Wedge 55, Lob Wedge 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes indeed I'd love to participate in the ongoing review thread providing hi-res quality photos and wedge reviews.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Atlanta, Georgia
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. While a cavity back is preferred by some, with the priority on feel for strong wedge play, I believe blades are ideal for many people.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Prefer theV-LG as, for me, it would be the optimal combination of feel, spin and dispersion. It suits my shallower swing and would be excellent for tight grass conditions, the condition most challenging with wedge play.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? The traditional silver -- a "classic Cleveland" look and reduces glare.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge.I would be delighted to participate in the threads.
  • I'm considered a good writer, have short pieces I wrote on golf appearing in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal this year and last, use links here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/10/sports/letters-to-the-editor.html?_r=0

http://www.wsj.com/articles/golf-needs-a-longer-commitment-than-modern-treats-letters-to-the-editor-1406746940

• Thank you very much for the consideration. Lawson Glenn

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?- Rhode Island
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Blade, prefer the feel and look. It's what I've always played.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - VFG - because bounce is my friend.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? - Tour Raw - for less glare and because it brings me back to my glory days of playing with rusted out cleveland wedges in the early 2000s
  • Preferred Lofts? - 52, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Yes and no problem at all. I love pictures.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Greenville, South Carolina - The Upstate!

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I've always played blades and love the feedback, touch, and ball control I have with blades.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 50: V-MG, 56: V-FG, 60: V-MG
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. I just don't like plating on my wedges. Not 100% sure, but I've always felt plating takes away some of the feel. That's why the tour guys use Raw right?
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 55 (56 bent to 55...but could leave at 56 for the test), 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES

[u][b]Old Fart[/b][/u]
[b]Driver [/b]- Epic Sub Zero 9.0
[b]3W [/b]- Epic GBB 15.0
[b]Hybrid [/b]- Titleist 915 17.5
[b]Irons [/b]- Titleist 914 AP2 4-PW
[b]Wedges [/b]- Vokey SM6 50F, 56S (bent to 55), 60L
[b]Putter [/b](ever changing) - Taylormade Spider Tour Black

• Where are you located - Knoxville, TN
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I prefer the feel of a blade
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-LG I like to play different shots with a wedge so I like to be able to open op the face or close it down based on the type of shot I'm trying to hit
  • Preferred Finish? Why? I like the look of the Tour Satin
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/60 degree
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. I agree to your terms

• I live/play in the sunny, Antelope Valley/High Desert of Southern California
  • Preferred Model (Blade/Cavity Back)? Blade. Why? FEEL; Both good and bad. I FEEL it when I pure it & especially when I don't. That's the kind of immediate feedback that helps me get Better.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? Low & Mid...V-LG for 52* and 56* and 60* V-MG.
    I play in dry, desert conditions with lots of tight lies tee-green, and need Options.
  • Preferred Finish? Satin/Black; Minimal glare, clean optics at address.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52*, 56*, 60* I carry/prefer a 3x wedge set-up, with 4* gaps.

Would be an amazing opportunity to be a Participant. I would Absolutely provide usable, in-depth feedback, pics, and playability reviews for each wedge.

Clubhouse

Looking down #1 FW Leaving #10 Tee

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Missouri

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I like to play with lofts by opening and closing the face on various shots, and the blade style makes that easier to do without getting too creative.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions I'm a digger so I would prefer a mid to high bounce.

Prefered Finish? Why? I like black and or nickel finish, they just look great at address and in the bag.

Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely I have a friend who is a very well known car photographer that said he would love to help me do this if selected! I played Rotex before I played my SM5's

Thanks for the chance, look forward to hearing from you guys!

• I live/play in the sunny, Antelope Valley/High Desert of Southern California
  • Preferred Model (Blade/Cavity Back)? Blade. Why? FEEL; Both good and bad. I FEEL it when I pure it & especially when I don't. That's the kind of immediate feedback that helps me get Better.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? Low & Mid...V-LG for 52* and V-MG for the 56* and 60*. I play in dry, desert conditions with lots of tight lies tee-green, and need Options.
  • Preferred Finish? Satin/Black; Minimal glare, clean optics at address.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52*, 56*, 60* I carry/prefer a 3x wedge set-up, with 4* gaps.

It would be an Amazing opportunity to be a Participant. I would Absolutely provide usable, in-depth feedback, pics, and playability reviews for each wedge.

Clubhouse

Looking down #1 FW Leaving #10 Tee

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Logansport, Indiana

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade suits my "look" preference and I like the trajectory control available from the higher center of gravity.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG Why? I am a PGA Member club professional and play in a variety of conditions and prefer the versatility available from the V-MG
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Satin Why? It is a finish I am very comfortable with.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes, that is something I would greatly enjoy.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Pennsylvania

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade... I'm generally looking for versatility in my wedges, not forgiveness.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

Preferred Lofts?

Preferred Finish? Why?

46* (bent to 47*) V-MG Tour Satin

54* (bent to 53*) V-FG Black Satin

58* V-MG Tour Raw

I play in a wide variety of conditions and have found that a medium bounce set up gives me the versatility that I need. For the 54* I prefer to have a higher bounce since I like to play chip shots with that club and use a decent amount of shaft lean, so the extra bounce is helpful. Also, having a higher bounce 54* with a lower bounce 58* gives me options for a variety of sand conditions. The chosen lofts are what I currently use now.

As for why I want my wedges in three different finishes... years ago I was playing on a cart path only day. I walked to my ball with my SW and LW, which were both Cleveland 588 gunmetal wedges. I decided to hit a full LW, laid the other wedge on the ground, then hit the shot and watched the ball fly the green by a lot because I laid down the wrong club and accidentally hit the SW. Ever since then I've been playing wedges that are different colors so that I can more easily tell them apart.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Yes

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

• Long Beach, CA

[*]Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

• Blade, because I need that all-around type wedge. Full shots, opening the face, feels great in the bunkers.

[*]Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

• V-LG 1 Dot Low Bounce because I need a wedge for those tight lies around the green.

[*]Prefered Finish? Why?

• Black Satin, I just like to distinguish my irons from my wedges. Being that my irons are chrome, I like knowing my wedges are black.

[*]Preferred Lofts?

• 52,56,60 respectively.

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

• YES

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Florida
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, because I have always played blade wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, I play a variety of different courses in Florida and the mid-bounce grind would be the most universal for me.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. I have played the satin finish for years now and would like to compared these against my current CG15.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60 (my current gaps, I would like to compare the wedges one for one against my current setup)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course, I have a Nikon D700 and I know how to use it.