2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Florida
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, for consistency and distance control
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Some sole relief, such as Vokey M grind, for versatility (I play a number of different courses) and to aid opening the clubface
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Chrome, to match other irons
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? SLC, UT
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I prefer the work-ability of the smaller head.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG & V-LG
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw, I like the unique look that you dont see in many wedges in the market.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, and 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely, I have resources to provide those.

• Where are you located Alabama
  • Preferred Model blade, no need for a cavity with the wedge. better feel
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? I like a little bounce so the ball will release but not too much
  • Prefered Finish? Raw, love the rust look
  • Preferred Lofts? 52,56,60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? yes, will be well documented

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - Maryland
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Blade, prefer the look and feel of the blade over cavity back. Willing to try a cavity for variety and not played one in over ten years
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - Any similar to the Vokey F-Grind is fine for me
  • Prefered Finish? Why? - Tour satin, please. Other finishes wear off easily and bug me
  • Preferred Lofts? - 60, 58, 52
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Agree; it's the least I can do for Team WRX.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? I prefer a Blade because it fits the rest of my set, I like the versatility of being able to deaded a shot by hitting it high on the face or on the toe.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I like a mid to high bounce on my sand wedge due to the high kykuya rough and versatility of the club. I like significant heel and toe relief as well. For the gap wedge I like a mid-low bounce to give a contrast to the sand wedge and for better play on tight lies and the fairway.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? I like the honey color or raw to deaden the glare and give a slightly softer feel.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes I'd love to

• Where are you located: South Carolina

• Preferred Model: Blade provides better feel. I used to have cavity backed wedges and they were forgiving.

• Preferred Sole Grind? Mid to Low bounce

• Preferred Finish? Satin or Chrome

• Preferred Lofts? 52,56,60

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes - Hi-Res photos and detailed reviews would be the least I can do.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Oregon City, OR
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - I already have some RTX CBs and would love to do a comparison as well.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) MG on the GW/SW, and LG on the LW. I like to open up the lob wedge a lot and prefer the low bounce/grind for that one. Mid grind seems like it should work well in the Pacific NW with the softer conditions
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black - I was really torn between the satin and black when I bought my last set, and every time I see one of the black wedges, I regret going with the satin.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely, I would enjoy doing reviews and comparison and answering any questions that arise.

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Tennessee
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Same as I currently use (callawy md2)
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) VFG. I prefer more bounce as I play soft courses.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour raw. I have played a raw wedge for 10+ years
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-54-58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes. I am a very good wedge player and practice 130y all the time. Can provide detailed write up.

[*]Where are you located?

Arkansas

[*]Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade, to match the look that I am used to in my wedges.

[*]Preferred Sole Grind?

V-FG. Steep swing and softer conditions make high bounce wedges fit best in my game. I also use my gap wedge on longer free side bunker shots. Would love to see if this would perform better than my SM6 58* K grind.

[*]Prefered Finish? Why?

Black Satin. I like using black wedges for a year and them stripping then raw for the 2nd year. Replace wedges every 2 years.

[*]Preferred Lofts?

50/54/58

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread?

Yes, I look forward to the opportunity.

SIM 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
TS2 15, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
818 H2 19, Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
718 AP3 4-5, PZ LZ 6.5
718 AP2 6-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 
Odyssey 2 Ball 10S

• Where are you located? Tennessee
  • Preferred Model? Blade Why? Better feel
  • Preferred Sole Grind? LG 60, FG 56/52 Why? Prefer versatility with the lob and full bounce on the others. (although for this reason I don't play the 60 in damp conditions)
  • Prefered Finish? Satin Black Why? Prefer the satin, and black is less reflective/looks cool
  • Preferred Lofts? 52-56-60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yup We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Can do.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)
  • Prefered Finish? Why?
  • Preferred Lofts?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Washington
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I've always had blade wedges so it's personal preference.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-FG. The fairways are softer here especially since the rain is coming...
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. Just sexy.
  • Preferred Lofts? 46, 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?
    • Just outside Boston (I guess you only wanted MA)

[*]Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

• Blade - better feel on shots inside 100

[*]Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

• MG - I don't get to play many nice courses so that grind gives me the best chance of handling all the different lies I get playing the local muni's

[*]Prefered Finish? Why?

• Black Satin - it looks cool

[*]Preferred Lofts?

• I like 52 & 58, allows me to put an extra long club in the bag and doesn't let me think too much around the green

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

• Are you kidding me??!! That'd be freakin awesome...count me in

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Oklahoma
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade, I like the look and feel of the blade. Have always played blade wedges
  • Preferred Sole Grind: V-MG because it would give the most versatility in all shots. It would work when the course gets firm or after rain.
  • Prefered Finish: Raw, always have had satin. It would be cool to see the cosmetic change over time.
  • Preferred Lofts 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes I would be able to do this.
  • PS: My football team is not having a great season so far, this would help!!

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra RadSpeed[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra SZ 3 Wood[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 Hybrid[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra King Forged Tec[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra King 50/54/58[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Cameron Del Mar[/size][/font][/color]

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Illinois

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade Why? Currently play blades, love the feel, also inspires confidence knowing I'm hitting something similar to what I already play

Preferred Sole Grind? Vmg Why? Firm conditions at many of the local courses in my area

Prefered Finish? Tour Raw Why? Love the look after they been played a bit gives the club character also no glare

Preferred Lofts? 46, 50, 56,

I can provide detailed reviews and high res photos.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Pennsylvania

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade for workability, lower flight, feedback and look at address.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

50* V-MG, 54* V-MG, 58* V-FG. I have a steep angle of attack and like a wider effective sole on clubs I am taking a full swing with to prevent any digging. The 58* V-FG would be necessary because the bunkers are my club have very deep sand and I need a very wide sole to prevent the club from getting too deep into the sand. I currently have a Vokey TVD K 58* in the bag for this reason.

Prefered Finish? Why?

Tour raw. I've always loved this finish no matter who was putting it out, and I'd love to check out Clevelands take on it.

Preferred Lofts?

50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Absolutely.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Great Falls, Montana (Malmstrom AFB)

Blade, I like to flight my wedges and work them a little.

Sole grind would be V-MG, as this looks similar to the grind I play with on my Scor wedges and being left handed could use new wedges. 52° V-MG 10 degree D5 35.25 length and degrees and lie angle 63

56° V-MG 11 degree D5 35.125 length and degrees and lie angle of 63

60° V-MG 09 degree D6 35.0 length and degrees and lie angle of 63

I have a shallow angle of attack and would prefer wedges with a Black satin finish. I use my wedges from full swing to 30 yard pitch shots with the 52 degree.

I like the black finish and hope it stands up to many hours of practice of trying to wear out the center of the face of wedges.

I will definitely participate and show picture's, video's and discussion of wear patterns over the month of practice I plan on using them.

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

• Where are you located: Utah
  • Preferred Model: Blade - I like the feel and predictability of a blade-style wedge and my short game is largely about feel.
  • Preferred Sole Grind: 50° Mid Bounce, 56° Full Bounce. 62° Mid Bounce Grind: But I'd love a low bounce in the 62° if possible, but it doesn't appear to be available.
  • Preferred Finish: Tour Raw - Always. Why do they make other finishes?
  • Preferred Lofts: 50° 56° 62°
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely. Photography and golf are my passions.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? GEORGIA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade...because it is a pure look.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? Lg on 52* and 56* and fg on 60* It's usually hard in the fairways and soft in the bunkers...so I like more bounce for the bunker shots.

Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin....because they just look cool.

Preferred Lofts? 52*, 56* and 60*

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes.

• Where are you located: Maine
  • Preferred Model: Blade as that is what I am used to playing.
  • Preferred Sole Grind: V MG as I play many different courses and conditions
  • Preferred Finish: Tour satin as it is what I am used to playing.
  • Preferred Lofts: 50/54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.Yes

Rogue ST Max Graphite Design MAD
Rogue 3HL and 7 wood
Sub 70 4/5/6 949x Hybrid
Sub 70 699 Pro Black 7-GW Recoil 680 F4
Sub 70 JB Forged Wedges 54/58

Odyssey EXO Seven Slant

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?Bradenton, FL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade because I like the weight distribution and feel that a blade wedge gives me.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG because here in SW Florida course conditions can range from very wet and soft to hard pan.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin because that's what I've always played. It's dull enough so the sun doesn't glare off of the club.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course I would!

Callaway 2017 GBB Epic Sub-Zero 10.5* - [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]Project X HZRDUS T800 55 Graphite 5.5 Flex[/background][/font][/color]
Callaway 2017 GBB Epic 3 Wood 15* [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Graphite[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 249, 249)] 5.5 Flex[/background][/font][/color]
Callaway 2015 Big Bertha 5 Wood 18* [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65 Fairway Graphite [/font][/color]Stiff Flex
Callaway 2015 Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid, 20* [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fujikura Speeder 865 HYB Graphite [/font][/color]Stiff Flex
Callaway 2015 Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid, 23* [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fujikura Speeder 865 HYB Graphite [/font][/color]Stiff Flex
Callaway 2017 GBB Epic Hybrid 26* [color=#333333][font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 HYB Graphite Reg Flex[/font][/color]
KZG XCB Custom fit 6-AW - Aerotech SteelFiber I80, R Flex 1* Flat
Cleveland CBX 56*
Odyssey Toe Up #1
Vice Pro Golf Ball

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Lincoln, NE

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. It is the only thing I use.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG. I tracditionally have a Driver-Sweeper swing and having a mid-bounce would be ideal for opening up the club. Also would be preferred for harder bunkers that tend to happen in the midwest.

Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Raw to get the best feel

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge: Absolutly without a problem.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Maryland
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - I just like the look and feel of a blade wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) See below under preferred lofts: I like the V-MG for gap wedge shots from the fairway - doesn't dig too much and doesn't bounce too much. I like the V-FG from greenside bunkers where I need more bounce. I like the V-LG for higher (lob) shots - I can open it up as much as necessary giving it more effective bounce. I can also use it in firm greenside bunkers.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw - I like the look of the raw finish.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 V-MG, 54 V-FG, 58 V-LG
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. I agree to participate in the ongoing review thread if selected.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? NC, USA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blades - I really like the feel of the blades and I've always been a very good wedge player.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I'm very much a digger so more bounce is great.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Honestly, any finish is fine. I do like the look of the tour satin, though.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-54-58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely. I will do pretty much anything you want me to. I was looking at these wedges recently and really wanted to try them.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Edmond, Oklahoma
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Best looks and will compare closely with current wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG - Will suit best range of courses that I play and my AOA.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Black Satin- Matches current wedges and preferred look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58 (All 35 1/4")
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Gladly

[*]Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Georgia

[*]Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I don't see how a cavity back can provide any meaningful amount of forgiveness across the distances that wedges are used (~100 yd and less in my case). At these distances, a slight mishit can't go far enough offline to matter. So, if there is no forgives benefit, then I might as well maximize feel and control by using a blade. Also, the blades look better to me.

[*]Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). No preference except that I want a grind that will let me lay the club face open for flop shots and bunker shots.

[*]Prefered Finish? Why? A satin, black nickel, or similar. I like the looks and I've never had an issue with rust.

[*]Preferred Lofts? In general, I want one club in the 50*-54* range for chipping and distance wedges; and one club in the 58*-64* range for pitching and trouble situations. A third should split the difference.

A three wedge set up should be a low-mid-high combo. For example, 50-56-62. I don't worry about the exact lofts so much as I do the gapping.

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes, I do.

• NC
  • Blade, like the looks of smaller wedges
  • V-MG - suits the local conditions of my home course and my swing
  • Tour Raw, love the looks
  • 52, 56, 60
  • I agree to continue to participate in reviews, ongoing discussions, and provide pictures, etc....

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1