2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Morgan Hill, California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade fore sure. I have grown up on blades and just prefer them more.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG
  • Prefered Finish? I like the Tour raw the best. I absolutely love the finish.
  • Preferred Lofts 52, 56, & 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Heck Yes! Absolutely, without a doubt. Just got a new Cannon Eos 5d waiting to take pictures!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Morgan Hill, California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade. I grew up on blades and prefer the look.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Raw. Absolutely love the look of the raw on these wedges.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, & 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Heck yes! Absolutely, without a doubt. I just got a new Cannon Eos 5d waiting to take pictures!

• Where are you located: North Carolina
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade, Consistent with my current set up (SM6)
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? VMG/ VLG Again matched my current setup which makes for a better review against my current set up.
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Satin - I think this looks sharp and has a dulled look at address.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50.56.60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of Course, my selections above are designed to go head to head with my current set up on SM6 wedges and offer a great review.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Fort Myers, FL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade- versatility, feel and control
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 2-dot
  • Prefered Finish? Black- because there is no raw in left hand :(
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 54 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. You betcha!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Ohio
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I feel it offers the most flexibility in terms of opening the face.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? MG grind. Its a compromise, the best of both worlds between LG/FG grinds.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin because it looks sexy and clean. Shows less were over time than satin/raw.
  • Preferred Lofts? 47/51/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Ohio
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, always have played this style of wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Two dot. Really need versatility in each season of play, I do open the face with the higher lofts.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. Love the look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50,54,58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. OF COURSE!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Kentucky

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade Why? because it's what I currently play and I like the compact shape, feel, and feedback.

Preferred Sole Grind? Low bounce grind Why? I prefer the low bounce grind because I prefer low bounce wedges it's what I'm used to and I don't make much of a divot I tend to hit high bounce wedges thin.

Prefered Finish? Satin Why? Just like the way it looks.

Preferred Lofts? 50 and 54 please!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Oregon

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade

Why? Is there any other wedge to play besides a blade style wedge? The feel and touch with this style are so much better than cavity back wedges.

Preferred Sole Grind? High bounce with some kind of heel relief.

Why? I play in the PACNW and the ground is usually soft and I also have a steep angle of attack with my wedges and take beaver pelt divots most of the time.

Prefered Finish? Tour Raw

Why? Who doesn't love the look of a rusty wedge?! I am current on my tetanus shots as well!haha!

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, & 58

WITB - 4/2/24

Driver: TSR3 - 9* HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

4W: TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS Black G4 6.5

7W: TSR2 21* - Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX-4 4-5 $-Taper 130X - SSX1

Srixon ZX-7 6-PW $-taper 130X

Ping S159 - 50S/54H/58H - DG X100TI
TaylorMade TP Collection Juno
Testing: Odyssey AI One Rossie S

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Florida
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, because I love the feel and the greater variety of shots that the Cleveland blade wedges allow.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG because I like the versatility of the mid bounce. I play both in the USA and in Europe in a variety of different conditions, so I like a wedge that performs well on different types of turf.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Definitely Raw! I have loved the raw look on the Cleveland wedges since my original 588s in High school.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely yes! :golfer:

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1

Where are you located? Southern California

Preferred Model ? Why? Cavity Back. Same as irons I play.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? MG grind. Works best for me, tried other two grinds, did not work for me.

Prefered Finish? Why? does not matter, not much of a "looks" person, as ex-military I prefer functionality over looks.

Preferred Lofts? 47/51/58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes, plus have the equipment to take photos.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Illinois

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade based on visual appeal.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) vmg

Prefered Finish? Why? Black for reduced glare

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes

We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Massachusetts
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity Back. I prefer the look of it over the blade.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). V-MG. I play under a variety of conditions.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin. I have always found a satin finish to be the most appealing kind.
  • Preferred Lofts? 54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Without question.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Pennsylvania
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I prefer the precision and workability that comes along with it. Plus it looks better :taunt:
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 2 dot. I play in pretty average turf conditions (not too hard or soft). Also, it allows the most versatility.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour raw. Who doesn't love raw wedges?
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? San Diego,CA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade. Prefer the look and feel of a blade.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). V-MG. I like the wide range of options in this grind.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. Played an RTG years ago and loved the look of it once the finish changes.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-54-58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

**WITB** **Driver**: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Elite Orange S **3 Wood**: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S **Utility**: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8 **5-PW**: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites **WEDGES**: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56* **PUTTER**: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Washington

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, because I prefer the thinner look and softer feel

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG I prefer a versatile wedge for our summer and wet winter conditions

Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. I like the look it gets over time

Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES!!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? South Carolina
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity Back -- I hit the ball all over the face and my misses result in wedge distance control issues.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 2-dot because we have highly variable conditions on my home track which is Bermuda turf.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin because it's beautiful and I don't like rust!
  • Preferred Lofts? 46-, 50-, and 56-degree. I do not get along with my 46-degree Bridgestone wedge, please help.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Sure, I'll do a good job. Thanks!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Virginia
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - the thinner top line fits my eye much better than any cavity back does.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG. Plays better to the 4 season climate in VA and surrounding areas I play.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Raw. Doesn't get any prettier!
  • Preferred Lofts? 52-56-60.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

• Where are you located? Portland, Or
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I have always played this style of wedge and am most comfortable with it.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG. The Northwest is wet and conditions are generally pretty soft around here. I have a pretty shallow swing and am more of a picker of the ball. I need some bounce for the conditions but I have a swing that works well with a little bit less bounce.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? I like it Raw. There is just something about a rusty wedge that is attractive.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52 / 56 / 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Oh yes (think Pieters). The Canon Rebel is ready and waiting.

1. Nevada

2. Blade, so I can have more versatility to do different shots with the same wedge.

3. V-FG with a 58 wedge to help with short pitch shots and bunker shots, V-LG in a 50 and 54 wedge for better turf interaction on full shots because I occasionally catch full wedge shots heavy.

4. Black satin because it has a sleek look to it

5. 50, 54, 58

6. I am more than happy to provide pictures and do a review

• Where are you located? Virginia
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, because I love the RTX2.0 I currently play.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? 1 dot in the 58* 2 dot in the 50 and 54.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin, because I like the look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-54-58.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Michigan
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blades , because i really like the feed back i get
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? something similar to the F grind from Vokey, a full sole, i am most comfortable with this grind... i am not a big divot taker but for the courses i play it seems to work very well from anything when its dry to wet...
  • Prefered Finish? Why? satin , i like the chrome type of look
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 / 8bounce 54/ 10 - 12 bounce 58 / 8 bounce
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. heck ya!!!!!!! lol

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? I live and play golf mainly in North Carolina
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? I prefer the blade model. I have the blade model RTX 2.0 and absolutely love the look and feel.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I prefer the V-LG in the lob wedge and the V-MG in the sand wedge and gap wedge.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? I love the look of the Tour Raw finish. I also love how they rust over time.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50* 54* 58*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. I would love to give a honest and in depth review on the wedges and I will provide very high quality photos.

-THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas (DFW)
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Prefer the look of bladed wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) MG in the gap wedge and LG in sand and lob wedge. This would be close to my current setup and would be easy to compare the two.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. I have never had raw wedges and would love to try them out. They are eye catching and really stick out.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60. Same as my current setup
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes. I would love to review these wedges and give my opinion on how they compare to my Taylormade EF wedges.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? San Diego, CA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. looks and tend to dig chunkier clubs (I like the smaller head)

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG

Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin. Looks alone

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. YES for sure!