MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Salt Lake City, Utah

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Love the look of a classic blade wedge.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG in 52 and 62 (only option), V-FG in the 56 for fluffed up lies in the rough

Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin. I have raw wedges currently, and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 62

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. - Of course!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? -- Rochester, MI

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? -- Preferably blades, I currently use blades for my wedges but if you need a tester for cavity backs I'd be willing to see how to compare to my current blade wedges.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)--

52 VMG - this would be my 10 iron essentially, the V sole goes with my Srixon irons that I love and the mid grind would work well for a wide variety on l of shots and conditions.

56 VFG - sand wedge here, V sole in the sand would probably be incredibly forgiving and all that bounce would give me the best chance of not leaving it in the bunker.

60 VLG - for me the lob has to be low bounce, get that leading edge nice and tight, LG has the heel relief needed to open it up and throw it way up high.

Prefered Finish? Why?

Tour raw would be ideal, all my current wedges are raw and that's my preference but satin would also match my Srixon z745 irons, and the black is sleek so I'm not picky!

Preferred Lofts? 52-56-60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely, I participate in testing Titleist balls annually and thoroughly enjoy writing reviews. They're not golf related but I'm a small business owner who deals with answering reviews left for my business as well as being a level 3 Google guide which you earn with reviewing places and businesses with photos so I'm familiar with the process. I'd love to take these out for a spin! Thanks for the opportunity

Garrett Metcalf

Callaway XR16 Pro 9* Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 65 S
TaylorMade M1 17* Fujikura Pro 70 S
Srixon Z45h 19* Aldila Rouge Black 85S
Srixon 745 4-P Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Stinger Raw 51*-55*-59* KBS HiRev Tour
Bettinardi Soft Carbon Half Moon Raw 33.5"
Srixon Z Star

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Pittsburgh, PA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I have always used blade type in gap, sand, lob like the raw option

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I really like alot of bounce, gives me more confidence in the soft, wet conditions. The courses are soft for all but about one month. V-FG

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, love the look tend to and easy to clean up

Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Sure

Where are you located? PA

Preferred Model? Why? CB for a 50 and 54, blade for 58

Preferred sole grind? Why? 2 dot for 50 and 3 dot for 54/58 because I dig trenches

Prefered Finish? Why? Satin

Preferred Lofts? 50cb, 54cb, 58 blade

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, yes, yes!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

West Virginia

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade, prefer a smaller and more compact head shape

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

V-LG, prefer low bounce for the conditions I play in (firm)

Prefered Finish? Why?

Raw, love the rust/patina look and reduced glare

Preferred Lofts?

52 and 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Yes!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Arizona
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - I like the feel of the blades, helps me figure out how and where I am hitting the ball.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I like and need low bounce wedges, because I play in firm and (generally) dry conditions, as well as hit out of the desert.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? I really like the black - keeps the sun from shining too brightly off the club.
  • Preferred Lofts? 51, 56, 62*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. I can do that, no problem.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Illinois
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I feel they give me more options around the green
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-FG I have found if I play low bounce wedges I tend to hit it fat. The course I belong to likes to keep it soft
  • Prefered Finish? Satin, nothing else fits my eye these rest looks funny
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 V-FG, 54 V-FG, 58 V-FG
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes
  • We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Not a problem

Thanks for your consideration

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Sarasota, FL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I like the look and it just feels more versatile
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG for 50*, V-FG for 56*, and V-MG for 60*
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Raw, I like the look the best.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely I will do that

New Jersey

Blade because I prefer a heavier club and tighter dispersion on well struck shots.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

This depends on the club. For me, on a 50 or 54 wedge I'd prefer mid to high bounce. (V-mg or fg). I rarely open those clubs up and let the club do the work. On a 58 degree I prefer very little bounce as I'll manipulate that club most. (V-lg). I don't play grinds that I'll think will suit the turf or course, I pick the ones I know suit my game.

Prefered Finish? Why?

I have long been a user of black wedges so I prefer the black satin. I find it usually makes the top line look thinner and suits my eye better. That said, the tour raw is also quite eye catching.

Preferred Lofts?

50 mg, 54 mg, 58 lg

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Absolutely

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Only thing I've ever played

50 - fg, 54/55 - Mg, 60 - lg, most conditions I play in are firm in west texas

Preferred Finish? Why? tour raw, always liked the old rtg finish

Preferred Lofts? 50, 55, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Yes

California

Blade - matches my Srixon Z945s

V-MG - steep attack playing a variety of course conditions. Maybe V-LG on the lob wedge per love of the flop shot

Prefered Finish? Why?

Satin - closest to Z945

Preferred Lofts?

52/58 (or 59 if it's an option)

Will do

Thanks

Utah

Blade. I prefer maximum feedback/feel to to play precise shots and to dial in distances.

V-MG. the grind associated with you medium bounce options allows for versitility in annassortment of playing conditions.

Prefered Finish? Why?

Tour raw. I have played these in the past I love the look and feel if these wedges.

Preferred Lofts?

52/56/60

Yes I would love to contribute my thoughts.

Michigan

Blade. Always played blade wedges, love how they look at address

MG. I play in Michigan and sometimes the fairways are soft and some days they are hard. The medium grind would work great on Michigan turf

Prefered Finish? Why?

Raw. I've always wanted raw wedges

Preferred Lofts?

50/54/60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges

Yes, of course

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5 Fubuki ZT X
Titleist 906f4 15.5 UST Tour Black X
Titleist 906f4 18.5 UST Tour Black X
Callaway Apex Pro 4-P Modus 130
Vokey SM5 50/54/58 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Golo S5
WITB Link

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? NY State
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity - I believe in a little more forgiveness and it would match my Z545's
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG - I've experienced better overall results with a mid bounce.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin - I have played all three finishes and prefer the look of Satin
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Absolutely!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Dublin, OH
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? 50* Cavity 56* and 60* Blade, my gap wedges have always been apart of my set
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 56* and 60* VLG, I'm a sweeper 50* VMG
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges Yes

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - MA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Blade, always played a blade wedge and would be able to compare it more easily to all the wedges I've played over the years

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-FG as I tend to play soft courses and have a steep angle of attack

Prefered Finish? Why? - Raw, love a good rusted wedge

Preferred Lofts? - 50/54/58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - of course

915D3
Adams Pro Mini
Cobra S3 Pro
SM6
Byron Morgan DH89

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Lenoir North Carolina
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade, I like the look of a blade at address and feel as if I have more control of the ball.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG. I think this grind would be the most versatile for where I live. During the season it can rain every day or be dry as a bone for weeks at a time. North Carolina weather in unpredictable so I need a wedge that can handle a little bit of everything.
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Raw. Its a classy finish and I like the fact that it will rust over time. Little extra spin never hurt anyone.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50,54,58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, my brother is a professional photography so getting high quality images and a honest write up will happen.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Blaine, Minnesota
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I prefer the look and the feel of a blade. Besides, CB wedges would just look out of place in a bag of 1957s.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, best all around grind for the shots that I like to play and the conditions that I generally play in. Would prefer a V-LG in the 62 but that's not a current offering.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Black Satin, I prefer the look of a black iron/wedge.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 62
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Absolutely

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

Location? Houston, TX

Preferred Model? Blade. I like the versatility of bladed wedges and the look. I rarely take full swings with my wedges so the versatility of a bladed wedge allows me to hit partial touch shots.

Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG. I am lucky enough to play year round in Houston and encounter a wide variety of course conditions. I need wedges that perform well on hard pan in the summer/fall and soggy swampy conditions in the winter/spring.

Preferred Finish? The finish would be my preference. I don't really like how darker/black wedges wear and the satin/chrome colored wedges can glare pretty badly in the Texas afternoon sun.

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58. My set pitching wedge is 45 degrees so this setup is ideal for fitting in my bag.

I would love to contribute and participate in an ongoing review thread covering these wedges. As I stated above, I am able to play year round under a variety of conditions and would happily include high res pictures with detailed, opinionated commentary.

Thanks for the opportunity Cleveland and GolfWRX!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? IL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - I like the smaller size
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) mg - conditions are all over the map and I frequently use them from the fairway
  • Prefered Finish? Why? tour satin - they just look right to me
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 - 56 - 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, I would be pleased to have the opportunity.

Minnesota

Blade, the best looking wedges!

V-MG, most versatile grind for me and my course.

Prefered Finish? Why?

Raw, it's the only way to go.

Preferred Lofts?

50-54-58

I would love to!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Oklahoma
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Looks.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Moved to higher bounce recently, to reduce digging on 30-60 yard shots
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin, gunmetal, raw, bronze, doesn't matter, just not bright chrome. To reduce glare.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

Never been selected for testing, and as a former golf professional and scratch player, I would really like the opportunity. Thanks!</p>

Dr: Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
4W Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
3i Srixon U45 Modus 105x 
4i Srixon 745 Modus 130x 
5-PW Srixon 945 Modus 130x 
50-56-60 Mizuno T7

Piretti Matera
Scotty TeI 3 Newport 2 Long Neck
B-Stone Tour BX

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Indiana
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I prefer the feel and look of a blade wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 50* V-MG, 54* & 58* V-LG I'm a sweeper off the turf and also play in mostly firm sand conditions
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. They look great and I love the way they wear and rust over time.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 MG, 54 LG, 58 LG
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely!

Thank you to GolfWRX and Cleveland for the opportunity!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Huntsville, Al
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) two dot except for the lob wedge, which would be one dot.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin. I prefer no glare at all.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Florida
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, scratch player looking for control, feel.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). V-MG, prefer a versatile grind that offers a bit of forgives in wet/soft conditions but still offers ability to create shots from different lies.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw, always preferred the non-glare finish.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely!

Orlando, Florida

Blade, like the look, size and feel better

Black finish, something about Cleveland black wedges that really frame the ball and highlight the grooves where you want to strike it.

50 V-MG, 54 V-FG, 60 V-MG

Love the VT soles on my Srixons, can't wait to see how they are on wedges.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Arizona-Phoenix

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I like the profile better, and it comes in a raw finish.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Vmg in all three as I feel this grind travels the best. I play all over the country, and versatility is huge.

Preferred Finish? Why? Raw, to me it just feels better and there is no glare from the Phoenix sun.

Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60 with s400 shafts if possible.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Absolutely, you'll get reviews from multiple conditions and different types of turf.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - michigan

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - blade, like the look

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - v-mg as I play courses in a variety of conditions and prefer neutral bounce as I like to play different types of shots with every wedge

Prefered Finish? Why? - satin, like the traditional look

Preferred Lofts? - 50 56 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - for sure

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Illinois
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I've been playing with blades all my life and feel more confident with the aesthetics
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG, I have a shallow angle of attack and the lower bounce is something that I have grown accustomed to.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin - Have never tried black golf clubs, would love to game them
  • Preferred Lofts? 48, 54 and 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes of course, and thank you!

Crossing my fingers!