MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you located - Tennessee

Preferred Model? - blade, it's what I play now

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? - V-FG and V-MG, I like the versatility of these grinds.

Prefered Finish? Why? - Raw - the satin is wearing off the my older RTX, so I would like to try raw for way it ages...

Preferred Lofts? - 52, 56, 60

Yes and Yes...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Located in Rocky Mount, NC.

Blade model would be my preference due to positive experiences with various iterations of Cleveland 588.

Preference for sole grind in 48*,54* wedges would be the VMG due to versatility in various conditions faced. Choice in 60* would be the VLG due to preference to use same in firmer conditions.

Tour Raw since greatly enjoyed my 588 tzg raw that used to great success and have used raw wedges for a great number of years across various brands.

Preferred lofts would be 48*,54*, and 60* since this gapping has worked well for me across various models and manufacturers for years and would easily allow a baseline of comparison for my game.

Would participate in ongoing thread, providing high resolution photos, and full, detailed review of my impressions/testing. I would consider selection an honor to provide straightforward review and would gladly answer any questions asked.

Thanks for the opportunity and consideration.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

- Arizona

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

-blade please, I'll add custom stamping and lead tape more than likely and the blade gives me lots of room!

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

-actually all three, low bounce V-lg for my 60 as we have firm turf here and I like low bounce for the tightly mown areas or dead grass/hard pan lies we get a lot. V-fg for my 56 as its my bunker club/low skipper that I tend to dig on currently. V-mg for my 52, mostly used for full swings and longer bunker shots.

Prefered Finish? Why?

- tour raw. Because of Arizona sun.

Preferred Lofts?

-51(52), 55(56), 60.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

-absolutely! I've been playing he same set of tmag xft wedges for years now and I am running out of replacement faces, and wedges are like the one area of my bag that I am willing to change!

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Where are you located? IOWA

Preferred Model? BLADE. Why? I like the feel and look better. Currently playing z945's and these would blend perfectly.

Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG 50*, V-FG 56*, V-LG 60*. Why? I would use the 50 on full shots and pitches around the green so I need that club to be the most versatile. I would use the 56 almost exclusively in the sand but also in deep rough and other gnarly lies so the full bounce would be needed there. The 60 would be my flop shot and tight lie go-to club. Would like the low bounce option for this one.

Prefered Finish? RAW. Why? Because the tour raw finish is unbeatable, especially in the sun.

Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. WITHOUT QUESTION, YES!! Tell me to jump, I'll ask how high.

• Where are you located? WA State
  • Preferred Model? Blade Why? I prefer the feel and look of blade wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? M grind Why? Because I play on softer courses in the wetter months and firmer courses in the dryer months and if I travel. Also, I'm excited to try the V-Sole in my conditions to see if it helps with digging in the winter months. I also suffer from some wrist pain and hope that the V-Sole helps to cut through the turf more effortlessly.
  • Prefered Finish? Raw Why? I love the look of a raw wedge head in the bag and down by the ball.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52M, 56M, 60M
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes, of course! We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Can do!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - New Jersey/Penn.

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Blade. I prefer the look

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - v-mg I like a versatile grind with neutral bounce

Prefered Finish? Why? - Raw because I wish every iron/wedge in my bag was raw

Preferred Lofts? - 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. -Absolutely without a doubt

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s 
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, the only type I've ever played.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG in the 60 like to open the face up, and V-LG in 52 and 56, more versatility.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour satin, love the look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course, I play about 3-4 times a week.

Taylormade M1 10.5* Aldila Rogue Max 65x
Taylormade M2 Tour 3W Aldila Rogue 110 MSI 70x
Mizuno MP18 (3-PW) X100-TI
Taylormade Milled Grind 52, 56, 60
Taylormade Spider Tour 

Nike Fans: Get Cash Back on Online Purchases
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=794894"]http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=794894

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? CALIFORNIA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? BLADE. I have always played a blade wedge as I really like to work the ball and be able to open up the face as needed. I feel like I get through it cleaner and it comes into play a lot at my home course.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions):For my 50 -VMG (I play a true gap wedge out of medium firm conditions at my club); 56-VMG (Our bunkers are pretty soft and sandy, but I again use my 56* wedge a ton around 100 and in on medium firm conditions) and of course, a 60-VMG (as my home course can get tighter during the winter months, but not tight enough to go to a lower bounce given my swing characteristic).
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Give me the RAW finish! Saw these the other day at my course's fitting day. LOVE that they are bringing back the raw look. It reduced glare, looks amazing when rusted up, and there is no concerns with using them as you should...as a FUNCTIONAL TOOL!
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/56/60 (if the 56 can be bent to a 55 even better!).
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges? I am happy to provide a detailed review along with pictures and feedback from not only my home club/course, but all of the other courses I will play nationwide in the next 6-8 months! I love participating in these threads and continuing to update with information as requested. I think it is imperative to give impartial reviews for the rest of the GWRX community so people can make informed decisions without having actually seen or held the club before!

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? SC
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Match my Vokeys so I can give a good comparison
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)V-MG in 50, only one offered. V-LG 54,58, fits my swing.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin. Love the look
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES

Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver w/Fujikura 757 XStiff
Taylormade 2017 HL 3W 16.5
Ping I20 Hybrids 17 & 20 Stock Stiff
Ping IE 1 5-PW White Dot w/Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 CB
Titleist Vokey SM6 54.10S & 58.12K

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Tennessee

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity back, better for me on full shots

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, the courses around here have a wide range of conditions

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin, I would prefer a black satin but tour satin is what the cavity back comes in

Preferred Lofts? 52*, 56*, 60*

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes absolutely

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Grantham, NH
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? 50* CB, 54,58 Blade. Prefer the blade for around the greens but like a little extra perimeter weighting for the gap wedge. (if all have to be the same, it would be blades).
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? 50 V-LG; 54 V-FG; 58- V-MG. Low bounce for shallow swing for the gap wedge, high bounce for soft sand w/ 54, and mid bounce for versatility in the 58. (If all 3 have to be the same, I'd go with V-MG).
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin for the blades. Just personal preference.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Edmond, OK
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Lean toward the blade, but might consider the cavity on at least one of the clubs…maybe the 50
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG as I play on a myriad of turf conditions and would prefer a more middle of the road approach to the bounces
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour raw, have loved the raw finish since picking up my old RTG Cleveland wedge many years ago
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Certainly

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Iowa
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, play blade irons
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)-VMG - Play early, early, usually damp, some thick greenside rough, medium is most versatile I would guess.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin - just looks right
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES!!!

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? KS
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - prefer the looks and it will match the rest of my irons better. also smaller heads tend to get through some of the "gunch" i have to hit out of better.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). MG. our conditions can be soft or firm, and I play at a variety of places and want the versatility.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin - I feel like it will age the best
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 / 54 / 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Sure.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Milwaukee, WI
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, looks boost confidence, better versatility, need to be able to work the ball as much as possible
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG in the 52, V-FG in the 56 and 60.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black satin, just like the look
  • Preferred Lofts? 52,56,60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course

Thanks for the opportunity.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - Texas
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Blade. I believe in wedges you should have more focus on feel and executing shots over max forgiveness. I have also found that most cavity back wedges are larger than I'd prefer, so the blade seems like a better fit in this situation.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - I do play a good amount of hard pan, but I've found that low grinds tend to dig too much for me in any conditions other than hard pan, which is more than 50% of the time. Full grinds however seem to make it difficult on hard plans, and also make opening the wedge more difficult for me personally.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? - Black satin. I'm currently playing black irons, and black Cleveland CG 14 wedges. I prefer that look and I prefer the consistency in my set.
  • Preferred Lofts? - 46, 52, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Absolutely!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. It is what I am used to.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions). Not sure. Normal bounce with SW, minimal with LW
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin. What I am used to.
  • Preferred Lofts? 54, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YEs

• Where are you located: Colorado
  • Preferred Model: Blade,
  • Preferred Sole Grind? all three to have many options around the greens, My short game is the best part of my game.
  • Preferred Finish: Tour Raw, Because i hate glare and prefer my wedges to rust, but they do not rust here in Colorado, very low humidity. But when i visit my bro in Texas, My wedges look fantastic!
  • Preferred Lofts:50* v-mg, 54* v-fg, 58* v-lg, my current set up, went stronger lofts a few years ago to increase my distance with the wedges, because of injury, but keep the configuration due to the distances i'm getting with these lofts are fine with me.

• Where are you located - New York
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, have been playing blade irons and wedges since 90's and I use the toe to deaden certain chips.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Two dot on all 3 wedges to allow for versatility around greens. I use all 3 wedges around the greens.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, soft feel and good looking
  • Preferred Lofts? 51, 55, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. yes

How to apply:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? SALINA, KANSAS
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? CAVITY BACK (I am a mid handicap player and need all the help I can get)
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) two dot please
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin (I think that is all the cavity backs come in)
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely, YES!!!!!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? New Jersey

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - love the look and feeling of a blade.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Not totally sure.

Prefered Finish? Why? Raw, nothing better than a nice patina.

Preferred Lofts? 50, 55, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Minnesota

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, for feel and craftmanship

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG in all three. I like the versatility of low bounce as I play many different shot types based on the situation.

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour satin its what I'm use to and love the traditional look.

Preferred Lofts? 48, 52, 56

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes absolutely - I'm very detailed and will give it full effort!

• Where are you located? Chicago, IL
  • Preferred Model? Blade. Similar with current set up.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG. Typical course conditions includes lush rough and softer green surrounds combined with sweeper swing would lead to mid-bounce grind working best.
  • Prefered Finish? Black satin. To minimize glare
  • Preferred Lofts? LH 50* V-MG, 54* V-MG, 60* V-MG
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Indiana
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Currently playing Scratch 1018's with DS and SS grinds. Looking for a forged replacement for these great wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V- MG in 50 and 56 grinds and V-LG in the 60 degree
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw finish, I like the rust! No glare during sunny days
  • Preferred Lofts? 50,55,60 or 50,56,60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Totally agree!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Orange County, California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade, I had blades in CG10 and cavity in CG16. I tried my friends RTX 2.0 blades and they just feel more comfortable in my shots.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, I have always used 2 dot as most of my shots vary and the middle range suits my game the best.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw would be my first choice, black is second.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. YES. I will participate in any requirements. Thank you for the opportunity

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Bend, OREGON

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - I like the workability of a blade and the control it brings
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG on all three. I use mid bounce because I can adapt to more conditions. I play on a different course every time.
  • Prefered Finish? Why?RAW - Never used it before and I currently use a tour chrome finish
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, of course! - Side note: I'm a lefty and I'm looking at a new set of wedges so this would be perfect

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Southern California

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade, for control purposes, but would be open to CB in the gap wedge if you need someone to review it

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

2 dot in GW, 3 dot in SW, 2 dot in LW. GW and SW are mostly square faced, full shots, and I tend to get steep, so I like to keep a good amount of bounce. I use the GW for toe down chips, so testing the toe relief would be cool. SW also is used for long bunker shots, so a full sole is needed. The LW I like to be versatile with moderate bounce for greenside bunkers, pitches, and flops. I like a nice heel relief on the LW. Local conditions range from very soft to hard pan, so versatility is the most important thing.

Preferred Finish? Why?

One of each would be preferable, I like to be able to quickly tell which wedge is which. They all look good though and I don’t have a favorite color.

Preferred Lofts?

50, 54, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Yes of course, making everyone jealous is the best part.

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

• Where are you located? Connecticut
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade Why? Have played blades all my life going back to mid-70's, mostly Cleveland (including an '86 588 Black Melonite and a "currently gaming" Form Forged 900 48' PW...yes, it's time!). Comparing a cavity to all the wedges I've played over the years wouldn't be prudent.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG in 52 and 56, V-FG in 60. Pretty soft New England turf with sketchy bunker conditioning (calling it "sand" is too kind). Bounce is my friend around the greens.
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Satin Why? Cause Tour Raw doesn't come in LH. Did I mention I need LH?
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Absolutely. I am a dedicated "practice green rat" and spend most of my time working on building a creative short game. Appreciate the offer.

All clubs left-handed, baby:
Titleist TS3 8.5* Ventus Blue 6-S w/Velocore
PING G410 #3W, Mitsu C6 70S
Titleist 818H1 hybrid 21*, Evenflow 85HY 6.0
Srixon Z785 4-W, KBS Tour C-Taper 120S
Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54* DG Tour Issue S400, SM6 S Grind 60* DG wedge flex
TaylorMade SpiderX copper
Mizuno RB Tour balls
Jumbomax Ultralight size M