MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Auburn, AL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade-been playing raw blade for years...still have my chrome 588 though!
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG variable conditions sometimes soft around greens but overall medium conditions
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw for personal aesthetics
  • Preferred Lofts? 52/56/60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, practice 100 yards and in 75% of time...thanks for the chance!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Utah
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? CB, I like the added forgiveness in cb wedges and feel it adds to my confidence in being a feel player and manipulating the club with various shots. I play glides now and feel that the forgiveness level has upped my wedge game this year. Was eyeing the rtx3 for next year.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I prefer the vmg grind. Course conditions vary from firm to soft and I found that mid-high bounce works best for me.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? the CB only comes in satin so I would expect that finish. If I could choose, it would be black/raw
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 bent to 51, 56 and 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Mandeville, LA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, looks mainly I guess. Have always used a blade wedge and just feel like I can do more with it. More confidence = better shots!
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, I play many different courses in many different conditions. Sometimes the bunkers have about a 1/4 inch of sand, sometimes they are fluffy, sometimes the fairways are like rocks and sometimes mushy. I like to be able to open and close the face when needed and I feel this grind is the most versatile.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, love the look! As I said above, the greater my confidence, the better I hit the ball.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course! I'd love the opportunity.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? CA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, my preferred look and feel

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, I play many different course conditions

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, used to play the old 588 RTG and loved the finish

Preferred Lofts? 50; 56; 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, of course

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Bend, Or
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Both Why? I play cavity back in my 50* & 54* and Blade in my 58*/60*. If I had to pick just one model I'd go with the Blade, because I'd like to see how the new sole turf interaction would preform.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? 52* V-MG Why? It’s the only choice, but it’s what I would have picked anyway. 56* V-MG Why? The most versatile grind. 60* V-LG Why? I like the low bounce for when I short side myself.
  • Prefered Finish? 52* & 56* Satin Why? Again, it’s the only choice. 60* Tour Raw Why? I like the rusted look and feel.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52*, 56* (cavity back) & 60* (blade)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? Yes
  • We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Williamsburg VA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Blade, because I do not think forgiving wedge makes sense.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

I am using Callaway's PM grind becuase just it works best for me.

Prefered Finish? Why? raw finish, looks cool over time

Preferred Lofts? 50, 55,60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

I do.

Thank you.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

* Where are you located (State - US Only Please) West Tennessee

* Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)?  Blade. Currently playing blades with irons and wedges

* Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) high bounce. Normal conditions are firm and thin lies

* Prefered Finish? Why? Dark or raw

Prefer the dark finish to reduce glare

* Preferred Lofts? 50,54,58-59

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Maryland
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity Back- I need all the help I could get. I currently have the 588 rtx cb and love it in my gap wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG I think would work best for the fickle Maryland weather and the different styles of courses I play on in the area I am a bit of a sweeper but need some bounce.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Raw looks beautiful and would be my preference, black satin would be my second choice
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58 :)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? California (Orange County)

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. That's all I've ever played

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Vmg and VFG (58)

Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin. Appearance

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Yes

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - like it for its versatility and looks
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG; looks to match the grind on my Z545 irons which works very well.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin, or black satin as alternate - want reduced glare plus durability of finish
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 - 54 - 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely and looking forward to its

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Las Vegas, NV
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, the feel and performance for me exceeds what I get from Cavity Back.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, that's what I currently use because to me it's the best of both worlds. It allows me to create bounce when I need it and no bounce when I want it.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin. My current wedges are RTX 2.0 and I have Black Satin and am ready for a change.
  • Preferred Lofts? 54 and 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, I do.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Pinehurst-area, NC
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? CB...need all the help I can get!
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Mid for the Gap and Sand...Full for the Lob. Lush grass in the area and confidence out of the bunkers.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin...the only option for the CB
  • Preferred Lofts? 50° - 54° - 58°
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely! Would participate in the Launch Squad testings when I lived in So Cal.

ST190 9.5°-->10.5° Kiyoshi BLK Proto 65X | Tour '17 M2 16° Kiyoshi BLK 75 X  | Tour Cobra Baffler T Rail 17.5° OBAN 100 | Cobra Forged Tour CB 4-Pw KBS Tour FLT 120 | RTX-4 50°- 54°- 58°  T.I. S400 | Spider X Ghost

Thanks for the opportunity Cleveland and GWRX! I'm pumped to get my hands on this new generation of wedges. These RTX look pretty sweet.

Preferred Model: Cavity. I need the most help on my wedge game from the 70-110 range. I like the stability the cavity provides from that range, and I don't notice a performance drop-off from around the green.

Preferred Grind: Mid bounce. I like the versatility.

Preferred Finish: Whatever works! I don't mind finishes on wedges, as long as they aren't too shiny.

Preferred Lofts: I currently play 50, 54, 58 — but I would be willing to test anything. If I had a choice on what to test, it would be 48, 56, 60.

Photos: I do photography as part of my job, and would be able to produce professional quality pictures for the review.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

[*]Where are you located: Georgia

[*]Preferred Model: Blade for more feel and workability.

[*]Preferred Sole Grind? Why? v-mg for a wide range of conditions.

[*]Prefered Finish? Why? Raw, as I love the rusty look and feel.

[*]Preferred Lofts?46,52,58 or just 52,58

[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Most definitely.

*Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

-CA

*Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

-Blade, it's all I've ever used, I'm just accustomed to it. HOWEVER, I would like to try the 50 degree V-MG in a cavity back, just to try it out, and could then compare cavity back to blade.

*Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

-V-MG in the 50 and 54, for versatility, and V-LG in the 58 for the tight, dry lies, and the rock hard "sand" bunkers we have out here in southern Cali

*Prefered Finish? Why?

-Tour Satin, I love the classic look. (The black satin looks great when new, but not after the finish wears off of the face)

*Preferred Lofts?

-50, 54, 58

*If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

-ABSOLUTELY, and DONE!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? St Louis Missouri
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade..I have the most confidence in a blade wedge, especially on the open face shots around the greens or over bunkers!!
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V MG please. Most course conditions in my area are soft to mid-firm and rarely firm enough to use a lowish bounce.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. I have hit all the new RTX wedges and the Raw was definitely the softest feeling to me...loved it.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely!!! Would enjoy the process and answering questions after my review was posted!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• Denver, Colorado
  • I prefer the blade model. For me, wedges must be precision clubs. They are the one club where you intentionally change the location of impact on the face depending on the type of shot you want to hit. And I will use all my wedges around the green depending on the shot that is called for. In that setting, I want as much feedback as I can get so if I'm not hitting it exactly where and how I intend to, I know. In my experience, playing with cavity back wedges deprives you of some level of feedback and maneuverability.
  • After reviewing the available grinds, I'd prefer the V-MG bounce. We have hard packed sand traps, yet lush rough and areas of very soft turf around some of the greens. I need a wedge that won't bounce into the ball in the bunkers, but won't dig too much in the softer conditions.
  • I prefer the Tour Raw finish. I like when the wedges begin to rust a little and when I've had raw finished heads, they have tended to feel softer than plated heads.
  • Right now I carry four wedges at 44, 49, 54 and 59. The gap between my 44 and my 9 iron is a little smaller than I'd like, and with five degree gaps I often find myself in between distances on approach shots. At our course, I hit a lot of wedges into greens. I think I'd move the lofts to 48, 52, 56, 60 to give me more options in wedge range.
  • I agree to participate in an ongoing review thread and provide high-res, high quality photos and a review of the wedges (including follow up as I work with them over a period of time).

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, just prefer the control and look
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions 54° in V-MG and 60° V-LG
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, like them rusty
  • Preferred Lofts?54° & 60°
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges Yes and Yes. I am in the market for new wedges and had my eye on these, so I will give them a good workout

TM M3 - Diamana D+
TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Boston, MA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. Max. workability, slimmer look at address
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Raw- never had a raw wedge before
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge.

Thanks for the opportunity. Would love to have these to test to play with my 945's.....

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Michigan
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. aesthetics simply
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 50/54 V-MG, 58 V-FG versatility overall with a variety of shot selections. would enjoy the trailing edge relief on the V-FG
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin. Classic chrome, can never go wrong
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. of course!

Anti Canadian racism :( We play golf too.

Been playing Cleveland wedges all my life since my first set of 588's.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Southern Arizona
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Both, in lower loft I like cavity back since I use it much like an ordinary iron, higher lofts a blade.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) I like to play a neutral sole grind as it can be very wet like it will be for the next week or so due to the heavy rain we got, and in another 60 days the ground will be hard as a rock after over-seeding and cooler weather.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Satin Chrome, its just a classic look!
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58 a good 58 can be so versatile.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. It would be an honor to do this, as well as playing a wedge that was a fixture in my bag up to a few years ago.

Thanks for the chance at doing this.

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located : Tennessee
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) : blade, love the smaller look
  • Preferred Sole Grind? : V-LG shallow angle of attack, that would match my CG10 wedges that are about worn out, I am on my last set.
  • Prefered Finish? : I have always loved the satin look, match my Z745 irons
  • Preferred Lofts? : 60, 56, 52
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. NO PROBLEM
  • Thanks for the chance

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Richmond Va
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade for the workabilithy and familiarity of what I use.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG to deal with my steep angle of attack and the soft bermuda grass conditions around Virginia.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, because I love the weathered look of rusted wedges with clean grooves.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50,54,58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. yes

WITB 2015:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Fairfax, VA

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, since the 588s I had in the mid 1990s, I've always played blade wedges for the feedback and precise look to them

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) FG in the 50 because of typically soft conditions (see picture below) and steeper angle of attack, but MG in the 54 and 60 for a little added versatility around the greens and varying sand texture from course to course

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Black, because honestly even though I typically like satin wedges, the black finish on these just looks really good

Preferred Lofts? 50* FG, 54* MG (bent to 55* if possible), and 60* MG

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes!

Thanks for the testing opportunity.

Btw, the picture below I think is representative of how divot prone many of this region's courses are and how soft the ground is (as evidenced by the depth of some of the divots).

29532090345_fd4d01ce1a_b.jpg

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Columbus, Ohio
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade- I like to work the ball in both directions and change trajectories. I also like to rely on the feedback I get on mishits with a blade.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG Sole Grind. In Ohio we can go from 2-3 weeks without rain and rock hard fairways to a week full of rain and very soft conditions. I like the versatility the V-MG provides. (Picture of Home course below- Ohio State Scarlet- Deep Soft bunkers and firm fairways and greens)
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin. Have used black wedges for about 5 years now and they really suit my eye. I also do my own wedge stamping and the black really helps for it to pop out.
  • Preferred Lofts? 48, 54, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes, i will provide terrific photos and will thoroughly review the wedges on course and provide an unbiased, detailed review

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? I am located in Roseville, CA (Northern CA)
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity Back because I prefer a larger, more forgiving head shape.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Prefer V-MG Sole Grind as it is the most versatile. Conditions in local area are Hard/dry in the summer months due to the heat and soft/wet in the winter months with cooler temperatures and rain.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Satin as that is the only finish available in cavity back.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50 degrees, 56 degree bent to 55 degrees, 60 degrees
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. I do agree to participate in an on going review thread.

Thank you in advance for the potential opportunity to test and provide feedback.

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

- NJ

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

- Blade. Cavity back wedges fly too high usually for me.

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

- V-MG in all, unless you have a wide sole V-MG then that in lob. I take almost only full or 3/4 swings with the gap and sand wedge so I like to have a closer feel to my irons. My lob wedge is my finesse and bunker club so having extra sole width without extra bounce angle allows me to play a larger variety of shots easier.

Prefered Finish? Why?

- raw. I like the dull look better and it doesn't get scuffed and scratched like the slate

Preferred Lofts?

- 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

- yes, absolutely

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Alabama

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, prefer the smaller head in a wedge

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-lg or v-mg. the ground can get pretty hard around here

Prefered Finish? Why? Tour raw. Just like the way it looks

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely!

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5