MEMBER TESTING: Cleveland Golf RTX-3 Wedges. 8 Testers wanted!! Enter Here

aaron

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? MO

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - CB only comes in satin...

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - VMG - similar to my CG16s

Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin - no raw in LH...

Preferred Lofts? 52/58/64

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Hamel, Illinois

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Cavity back, I prefer the slightly larger head

Preferred Sole Grind? Why?

V-MG. I like the all around versatility for all playing conditions

Prefered Finish? Why?

I prefer the black satin or tour satin purely for the looks

Preferred Lofts?

50, 56, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread?

Yes I will participate in the review thread and post hi-res pictures

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Tennessee

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade

Why? Look better, if I wanted a cavity back wedge I'd use the ones that came with my iron set.

Preferred Sole Grind? V-LG for the 50*, V-MG for higher lofts.

Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) That's what I play in my RTX 2.0s now.

Prefered Finish? Tour Satin

Why? Just prefer a classic color for irons/wedges.

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Illinois
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, for the looks and finish
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, the ground can be pretty wet during summer but can firm up in the fall and than go back to wet in the winter if there is no snow so I like a mid bounce wedge
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour RAW, who doesn't love the look of a raw wedge?
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. ​Absolutely!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? - Harrisburg, PA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? - Cavity Back. I have always played blade wedges and want to see if the cavity back wedges will be easier to play than the blades.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) - MG and FG. I have a steep angle of attack with wedges and these grinds shold help ease turf interaction.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? - Tour Satin, cavity backs only finish.
  • Preferred Lofts? - 52* MG, 56* FG, 60* FG.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Absolutely. Grass range, green, and on course testing will be provided.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Like the feeling of blades in wedges over chunkiness of cavity backs for finesse shots
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V_MG, Conditions during the summer are usually dry and humid. Ground on courses I normally play is mostly clay based so dries up quickly but gets soggy with tons of rain.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, Have had the raw/oil can finishes before and just like the way they perform and feel compared to plated wedges
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes I will do it to my best ability as a non professional photographer (no one is as good as Greg)

* Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? SANTA BARBARA,CA

* Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? BLADE, LOVE THE THIN TOP LINE AND THE FEEL

* Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, MY LOCAL COURSES ARE REALLY FIRM BECAUSE OF THE CALIFORNIA DROUGHT BUT I'VE BEEN TRAVELING AND PLAYING ALL TYPES OF CONDITIONS AND WANT THE VERSATILITY. (Picture below)

* Preferred Finish? Why? TOUR SATIN; THEY'll LOOK AMAZING WITH MY NEW PING IBLADES

* Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 58

* If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. ABSOLUTELY, IT WOULD BE FUN TO REVIEW WEDGES FOR CLEVELAND AND GOLFWRX. I'D UPLOAD A LOT OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS. SEE MY INSTAGRAM FOR REFERENCE @TOUGHASNAILZ.

• Where are you located Tempe AZ
  • Preferred Model Blade, nice clean look
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG for the gap and sand....V-FG in the lob
  • Prefered Finish? Raw, because that's how I roll
  • Preferred Lofts? 50......56.....60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Arizona

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

Can I mix? I'd like one cavity back (46) and two blades (52,56) I swing harder with the 46 and use the others differently around the greens.

If not all blades would be fine.

• Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

V-MG should work for all. It seems the most versatile

• Prefered Finish? Why?

Raw, because I still have 588 RTG wedges in my bag now and have never found any that I like better

• Preferred Lofts?

46, 52, 56

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Of course! Testing threads on GolfWRX are some of best threads ever. Thanks!

• Where are you located Fort Collins, Colorado
  • Preferred Model Blade,
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG for the gap and sand....V-FG in the lob, tend to hit the lob out of the rough more
  • Prefered Finish? Black Satin
  • Preferred Lofts? 50......54.....58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Yes

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? CA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade...I prefer knowing where my mishits are and don't need any help getting the ball in the air.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG...I play firm conditions, but have a relatively steep AOA
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour sating...prefer a classic look.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course!

* Ohio

* I've enjoyed the look and feel of blade wedges for as long as I've played competitive golf

* Preferred Sole Grind? FG in the 54* (current 54 has 10* bounce but I'd benefit from more) and MG in the 46, 50, and 60 (more bounce than current 60)

* Raw - I've been waiting for this finish to be offered again since I bought the 588 forged RTG years ago

* 46, 50, 54, and 60, to align with the gaps in my current set

* I'd provide the highest quality pics that I possibly can.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? New Hampshire
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Cavity Back, like the extra forgiveness, I find when I hit the ball on the toe I tend to lose less distance with a cavity back then a blade. But I can certainly play a blade wedge, so I can survive either way
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG. I tend to to fall in between a steep and shallow swing, so the mid grind works well. Plus my home course tends to have areas that are very wet, and others that are quite dried out, so I find the 2 dot has always worked best for me.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? I would like to try the raw finish. I have always gone with black and like it, but would be interested to try something new. But I'm not picky, I'll take any of the 3
  • Preferred Lofts? 50-54-58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. ABSOLUTELY! I will do a phenomenal job as well. I just joined a club so I have been playing 3-6 times per week, as well as doing plenty of short game practice. I will give the clubs plenty of use, and chronicle my experiences, I can add to the thread at least every other day if not daily. I will give a complete and thorough review of the clubs, as well as take some useful (and hopefully aesthetically pleasing) photo's of them

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? San Diego, CA
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, more compact and better workability. Like the smaller frame around the ball.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) Low bounce on 50 and 54 and Medium on 58
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw! I love a nice patina on my wedges. I have been missing a patina since I switched to Edel.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50/54/58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. - Always do!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Valencia, California
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I appreciate the look and crisp feel of a bladed wedge as well as the improved workability.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions V-MG in the gap wedge (48*) because it is the lowest bounce offered, V-LG in the 54* and 60* because I need to be able to feel confident opening the blade on shots around the green and turf in California is a bit dried out and firm. The precision of a sharper leading edge and my shallower AOA leads me to the lower bounce offerings.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. Its a finish I have always wanted to try but the inability to afford new wedges as my old ones have worn out has lead me to side with durability over aesthetic.
  • Preferred Lofts? 48*, 54*, and 60* are what I play now so I think it would be a good comparison especially with regard to dispersion.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absolutely

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please) Genoa City, Wisconsin
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade, because I like the heaviness and the option to really work and change ball flight.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) on the 50 and 54, I would go with the M grind. I play a variety of courses, from super soft and expensive to harden out cow pastures. Need the flexibility. on the 58 I would go with the F Grind because I tend to love to play low spinners into greens and tend to get steep on my soft pitches because of it.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw, because I live in the Midwest. Rust isn't just a cute color at Sherwin Williams, or a chemical process that oxidizes metal, it is a fricking way of life.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50*, 54*, 58*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Well Hell Yes, I would be happy to share my experience with fellow GolfWrxers and provide beautiful pictures and video.

• Where are you located? Maryland
  • Preferred Model? Cavity Back Why? Currently play RTX 2.0 Cavity Back, so it's what I am used to and prefer. Need max forgiveness and confidence for my game.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG Why? I play in a variety of conditions from soggy to hardpan and am looking for the most versatility.
  • Prefered Finish? Tour Satin Why? I like the look of the tour satin. Simple and clean looking.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50*, 54*, 58*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? I'm willing to do anything asked of me in order to participate, even can compare to the RTX 2.0 wedges.

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Alpena, MI
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, I want the tour raw grind finish
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-LG on 60* and V-MG on 54* - the course I play is firm but I also have a shallow angle of attack and have always used the low bounce option on 60*. I prefer the V-MG on my 54* because its mostly used for low running shots around the green and full swings.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw - I like wedges that rust
  • Preferred Lofts? 54* and 60*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? absolutely! I have a great camera for the pictures!

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

Thanks for the opportunity Cleveland Golf and GolfWrx!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Maryland
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade
  • Why? Mainly I prefer the cleaner more compact look of the head, but I also feel more confident with a blade-model wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? I would prefer V-MG grinds in all 3 wedges
  • Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) The courses and ranges I frequent locally run the whole spectrum from soft ground, to sandy soil, to hard packed dirt and I think the V-MG would offer the versatility to play well in any of those conditions.
  • Preferred Finish? Tour Raw definitely.
  • Why? I love the look of a raw wedge, it just screams "work horse", like it doesn't care about having a nice shine, it wants to be the club that gets dirty and makes the shots.
  • Preferred Lofts? 52, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. I am definitely willing to provide quality photos initially and as requested by other members as the wedge wears/rusts. I am also willing to try and answer any questions that other members may have in the thread.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

• Where are you located Pa.
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back) Blade, like a smaller profile with wedges.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? VM-G My course is bone dry right now but wet a good part of the season. This seems a better fit for both.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Raw. Glare.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of course. Love to.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?

Fort Worth, TX

• Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why?

50 CB, joins up with my MP53's for full shots (Matches my current Cleveland Rotex 2.0 50* CB)

54 CB, joins up with my MP53's for full shots (I have a Cleveland RTG 54* MB and would like to transition to CB)

58/60 MB, Want MB for more feel around green and delicate shots (and matches my current Cleveland RTG 60* MB)

• Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions)

50 and 54, 2 dot (V-MG)

58/60 1 dot for lobs and hard packed green side bunkers (V-LG)

• Prefered Finish? Why?

Satin is only option for 50* and 54*. Raw for the 60*. I like the raw for the anti-glare but it's not available for the 50* and 54* CB.

• Preferred Lofts?

50, 54, 58/60.

• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges.

Oh heck yes. I have reviewed SCOR wedges on here before.

The current ones could use replacing...

20160912_190009_001_zpsnnk2plvq.jpg

20160912_190029_zpswwr3fxiw.jpg

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)?North Carolina
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Looks better to my eye, gives me more confidence, and looks amazing in the bag.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? V-MG, I play a lot of different courses and need to be able to hit on fast and firm and soft and mushy. Also in NC, it can be dry for a long time, get massive rains for 2 or 3 days and really soften up. I need to be able to adapt to that.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Black Satin, I'm able to square the ball up easier with the black, and even when the black starts to wear where I hit the ball the most it makes it even easier to square it up. Also, looks great in the bag.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. 100% and would be excited to!

• Rhode Island
  • Blade - just appearance - a Wedge should be a blade and comfortable with them
  • Preferred Sole Grind - 2 Dot - Mid Grind
  • RAW - Love the look of dirty rusty wedges
  • 48 - 54 - 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Of Course!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• Where are you located? TX
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Blade. Why? Feel is much better imo on those finesse touch shots.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? V-MG Why? My home muni's are heavily watered and nicely seeded for a plush fairway...however in the heat of TX, the fairways sometimes have a tendency to bake out so the versatility is welcomed.
  • Prefered Finish? Tour raw. Why? Who doesn't love a little rust?? Adds character.
  • Preferred Lofts? 50,54,58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. You bet!

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Katy, TX
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG. I play in Houston a lot but also play in California, Louisiana, etc so versatility is key rather than just one type of course.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. I have been playing a raw wedge for as long as I can remember. Just looks right to me when you are looking down at that raw finish.
  • Preferred Lofts? 54 and 58. Been moving my bag this way and has helped the consistency for me tremendously.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges Of course!

Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Helena, Alabama

Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I like the look of the Blade

Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG, Conditions change depending on time of year and need a wedge grind that can handle wet and dry conditions

Preferred Finish? Why? Black Satin, Love the Dark finish on wedges

Preferred Lofts? 50, 54, 60

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Yes absolutly

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Niceville, FL
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, never used a CB wedge.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) 3 dots, sandy soil and soft conditions even when relatively dry.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour satin, closest in appearance to my irons and like the uniformity
  • Preferred Lofts? 50, 56, 60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges Yes, have done for WRX previously and will do again.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Detroit, MI
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade, Love the look and it matches what I have always played.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-FG Gap, MG 54, LG 58
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Satin because it looks so clean!
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedge. Definitely!

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Texas
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade. I play blade irons and prefer to keep that slimmer look through the wedges. I also hit the ball high and prefer a wedge that will hit it lower naturally.
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) V-MG. I play in fairly firm conditions but my miss is to get too steep and I've found that a mid-bounce wedge gives me the versatility that I need to hit the shots I want to hit and also provides me enough bounce to give me the forgiveness that I need.
  • Prefered Finish? Why? Tour Raw. I've always preferred the rusty, slightly work look on a wedge. Also, I'm just not a fan of the black finishes except on putters and the plated silver finishes always seem to present problems with glare. The bronze look of the Tour Raw looks very classy and as it begins to rust and wear, it will look even better!
  • Preferred Lofts? 48, 54 (bent to 53), 58
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Absoluetely! I always enjoy reading through the review threads and would love to be able to make a contribution like that to the community here.

Taylormade M2 9.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade M1 15 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade M1 19 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - PX 6.5
Taylormade P750 3-PW - DG X100
Titleist SM6 54.10S, 60.08M - DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89

The Grint Username: kreddell

• Where are you located (State - US Only Please)? Connecticut
  • Preferred Model (Blade or Cavity Back)? Why? Blade - it's closer to the greatest wedge created of all-time, the 588 RTG .
  • Preferred Sole Grind? Why? (feel free to post pictures of your local conditions) VF-G I prefer a lot of bounce. The condition in the NE generally lend themselves to higher lofts. Conditions tend to be soft in the spring and fall. We don't usually have a lot of tight lies in CT.
  • Preferred Finish? Why? Tour Raw - raw wedges are fantastic. They have a slightly softer feel and great feedback. No wedge should be chromed.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread? We require you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the wedges. Definitely