Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

alright Mizuno men......

if anyone here knows me you will know that playing a Mizuno driver wouldnt be what you would guess i would do right off......

I luckily have access to a wonderful shop which includes outdoor bay with trackman... I have to schedule time when he isnt busy , but its worth it... so i went in forst light this morning with an open mind, a 917D2 to trade and $200 tournament winning credit..... so essentially could get anything in the shop free of actual cash outlay... I had previously had a chance to demo a epic SZ for a week before they came out.. and i knew it would be the likely choice.. but i wanted to hit the new M2 and M1 440 ....also have liked the cobra stuff before.....

1st I hit Epic SZ with the rogue re-max 75X set at neutral.... and right off i saw what i saw on course.... fade that went 270-282 in the air and a consistant 1.49 1.50 smash.... 1900-2300 spin... swing speed 108-109 ( 42 degrees out 1st thing in the morning) ... i hit 10 or so with it and said to myself ( this thing will win, bit lets hit the rest and then come back to this when im warmed up) ......

Then went to the cobra rack.... F6+ and LTD with their black tie X game me OK numbers.... flying as long as 278.... but spin at 2800 and a low of 2400 ... i blame the shaft.,, i just hated it honestly... the fitting cart didnt have any other Xs on it ...not sure why so they were checked off...

On to M1-M2... hated previous model.. still hate them... the club feels so light .... and the sound.. ugh... just not a fan... didnt hit it well either... long of 282 carry and never got M2 below 2400 spin... I know people love them.. they just arent for me...

ping.. Gl s tec .... suprisingly it did really well ... but that sound... just didnt hit many as i couldnt stand the sound...

about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

Its then that i decide i need to hit this mizuno head with something that fits me more... so i go inside and ask... and sure enough from the back caver here he comes with a 757x.... its on now!

man does this club feel good with the heavy shaft... nice heavy head weight ... tee one up and bam... 286 carry ... 114 mph swing speed.... to this point im teeeing the ball low... ball peeking above the crown slightly .... at this point as well im 70 balls in total and starting to feel it ..... i decided to sit down a minute and drank some water.... got back up....and teed one up high ... and put a good move on it... 293 carry ! 116 mph swing! and it couldnt be straighter.... so i go back to the epic... tee it up high... and hit another good one! but to my shock 110 mph swing and 284 carry..... i hit 5 more all very similar with the epic.. never getting over 110mph..... take a breath and go back to the mizuno.... tee it up , take my time get loose and really unwind on one.... 118mph 297 carry.... and its dead striaght .... my shot pattern with the mizuno head looks like a solid 2 inch red line.... and its longer... I put everything away and just called it done.... blue head..pink head who gives a crap ?! this thing is the real deal... im shocked it isnt getting press for being this good ......

My 2 longest of the day came at the 90 and 92 ball mark ... and i felt tired... cant wait to see it when im fresh ... anyone have any clue why i am able to swing it faster ? could it be the weight ? i know i prefer the look and feel of the deep faced mizuno head vs the shallow epic head.. is that it ?

The question of swinging it faster isn't correct. Really I've been swinging larger heads around 110. My vapor speed TW or Yonex 380 cc head I've regularly clocked 115. Just wanted to clarify. The mizuno head isn't adding speed. It's just not as slow as other large heads.

not down on the epic at all.. its a great head.. hands down better than M2... much better feel and sound... But i cannot turn the epic or the m2 over.. its fade only ... the mizuno head i can hit either way at will ... It just seems to be the total package...

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Mine came in today. I don't understand the complaints about the sound. I think it sounds fantastic. I went with the 757 X flex. I am curious to see how it compares to my 915 with the rouge silver. I am probably the only person in the state that hit balls today outside but when a package comes in the mail you HAVE to try it out.

It's not in my nature to be
mysterious, but I cant talk about it
and I can't talk about why.

alright Mizuno men......

if anyone here knows me you will know that playing a Mizuno driver wouldnt be what you would guess i would do right off......

I luckily have access to a wonderful shop which includes outdoor bay with trackman... I have to schedule time when he isnt busy , but its worth it... so i went in forst light this morning with an open mind, a 917D2 to trade and $200 tournament winning credit..... so essentially could get anything in the shop free of actual cash outlay... I had previously had a chance to demo a epic SZ for a week before they came out.. and i knew it would be the likely choice.. but i wanted to hit the new M2 and M1 440 ....also have liked the cobra stuff before.....

1st I hit Epic SZ with the rogue re-max 75X set at neutral.... and right off i saw what i saw on course.... fade that went 270-282 in the air and a consistant 1.49 1.50 smash.... 1900-2300 spin... swing speed 108-109 ( 42 degrees out 1st thing in the morning) ... i hit 10 or so with it and said to myself ( this thing will win, bit lets hit the rest and then come back to this when im warmed up) ......

Then went to the cobra rack.... F6+ and LTD with their black tie X game me OK numbers.... flying as long as 278.... but spin at 2800 and a low of 2400 ... i blame the shaft.,, i just hated it honestly... the fitting cart didnt have any other Xs on it ...not sure why so they were checked off...

On to M1-M2... hated previous model.. still hate them... the club feels so light .... and the sound.. ugh... just not a fan... didnt hit it well either... long of 282 carry and never got M2 below 2400 spin... I know people love them.. they just arent for me...

ping.. Gl s tec .... suprisingly it did really well ... but that sound... just didnt hit many as i couldnt stand the sound...

about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

Its then that i decide i need to hit this mizuno head with something that fits me more... so i go inside and ask... and sure enough from the back caver here he comes with a 757x.... its on now!

man does this club feel good with the heavy shaft... nice heavy head weight ... tee one up and bam... 286 carry ... 114 mph swing speed.... to this point im teeeing the ball low... ball peeking above the crown slightly .... at this point as well im 70 balls in total and starting to feel it ..... i decided to sit down a minute and drank some water.... got back up....and teed one up high ... and put a good move on it... 293 carry ! 116 mph swing! and it couldnt be straighter.... so i go back to the epic... tee it up high... and hit another good one! but to my shock 110 mph swing and 284 carry..... i hit 5 more all very similar with the epic.. never getting over 110mph..... take a breath and go back to the mizuno.... tee it up , take my time get loose and really unwind on one.... 118mph 297 carry.... and its dead striaght .... my shot pattern with the mizuno head looks like a solid 2 inch red line.... and its longer... I put everything away and just called it done.... blue head..pink head who gives a crap ?! this thing is the real deal... im shocked it isnt getting press for being this good ......

My 2 longest of the day came at the 90 and 92 ball mark ... and i felt tired... cant wait to see it when im fresh ... anyone have any clue why i am able to swing it faster ? could it be the weight ? i know i prefer the look and feel of the deep faced mizuno head vs the shallow epic head.. is that it ?

The question of swinging it faster isn't correct. Really I've been swinging larger heads around 110. My vapor speed TW or Yonex 380 cc head I've regularly clocked 115. Just wanted to clarify. The mizuno head isn't adding speed. It's just not as slow as other large heads.

not down on the epic at all.. its a great head.. hands down better than M2... much better feel and sound... But i cannot turn the epic or the m2 over.. its fade only ... the mizuno head i can hit either way at will ... It just seems to be the total package...

So you preferred the Mizuno then eh? Lol.

alright Mizuno men......

nice review and thanks!

can't wait to give them all a shot.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

alright Mizuno men......

Did you get a chance to hit the regular Epic? If so, just wondering if you were able to turn that over and control your shots as easy as you could with the JPX900.

Cool to see Mizuno finally getting some love. I am going to be heart broken if this Tour Issue M1 440 continues to out preform my Mizzy though, bc I truly do love it. I think the 900 is the all around best driver this year, think it will suit more players and a wider range than any driver this year.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

alright Mizuno men......

...about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

How did you have the weights set up in the head?

alright Mizuno men......

...about to stop and just wrap up the epic i see the blue head standing in the corner... had the speeder 661 S in it ... which felt pretty stiff .... right off the bat ...pow! 282 in the air , 1.49 smash.. but notice my swing speed is up.... 113mph.... i think... must be the stiff lighter shaft .. i look for another shaft but the cart didnt have driver shafts on it ... it was the iron cart..lol so i go back out and continue to hit it as is.... in afew swings i see a 287 carry 115 mph... im amazed.... so i swap back to the epic... i hit what feels like a bomb and its 109 mph with 1.50 smash but flew 282.....and was a fade..... JPX is putting straight balls down the sprinkler line....and i can turn it over if i want to ....

On the longest balls the two small sliders were centered behind the sweet spot. The rear weight was to full draw. And was hitting it at 10.5 standard lie with the 757x. With the 661s I was hitting weighs same but had it turned down to 7.5. Achieved more carry with the 10.5. I like to see a flat penetrating flight. If the 10.5 is too high for my eye on the course I'll go back down.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

alright Mizuno men......

On the longest balls the two small sliders were centered behind the sweet spot. The rear weight was to full draw. And was hitting it at 10.5 standard lie with the 757x. With the 661s I was hitting weighs same but had it turned down to 7.5. Achieved more carry with the 10.5. I like to see a flat penetrating flight. If the 10.5 is too high for my eye on the course I'll go back down.

I found the same thing not on trackman but on the course. The wind was rated at 25 mph wind. A well struck 900 was ahead of the competitors. What was really amazing was on miss hits it lost so little distance from a center face hit.

"Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.dougferreri.com

yep.. thats what first made me take pause... a couple real stinkers out on the high toe only lost 10 yards ..... i mean garbage swings.. same swing with M1 produced a low hook that went nowhere

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Was anxious to try my late season discovery last year (that outperformed my 917D3 and my G LS Tec) the odd color combination Mizuno JPX 900 driver against the Epic Drivers and New M1 and M2 drivers. For me hands down better than both Callaway Epic drivers. Also better than the new M1. The M2 was closer but the JPX was more forgiving on off center strikes. Only used trackman to get the correct settings and shafts for each club. After that was just hitting balls on range and playing with each club. Much better for me to actually play with the clubs rather than stare at numbers and then be annoyed they didn't transfer to the course. Only a couple of drives were better with the M2. Saved a lot of money already this season..

I bought my 900 when they first came out and love it more today. This is the first driver that I haven't changed the shaft (Speeder Evolution 569) for fear of getting bad karma. Lol I hit this driver so well, I don't want to jinx myself. This is the only driver I have owned that I can reach down and double tie my shoelaces because I am going to swing out of my shoes on a particular hole. I usually don't get any distance gains when I do this but the ball is still in the fairway..

I have been on this site too long. Well according to my wife. But I read all sorts of statements where a member will get a new driver and immediately come on here saying how this is the greatest driver they have ever had. Then a month later,they say the same thing about another driver. I have been guilty of this also in the beginning. I will say that I have tried to replace this driver with the M1, M2, 915, every Bridgestone driver, and every Ping drivers. Those two are my favorite companies. And ithe the 900 wins out every time. And this is not based on 10-20 swings.

I like the 900 3 wood. I don't know if it is the shaft or head but when I swing with the 3 wood, I really have to make sure I put a smooth swing or it will spin way too much. More than the driver. My Bridgestone 3 wood had a different shaft but it was longer and more consistent for me.

The hybrids just go high and fade right. Everytime. If you like this,you will love the hybrid. I am going to sell my 19 and 23 hybrid because I am one of the few that don't like a high, fading hybrid. If anyone is interested,hit me up.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Man i wish our golf shop would bring one of these in, only said they would order them, might have too.

Ping G410 LST - Tensi CK Series 60 X-Stiff
Ping G400 3W - PING Tour 65 X Stiff 62G
Srixon ZX 2i - UST Recoil 95 X Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW Project X Catalyst 100CW 6.5 100g
Mizuno MP-T7 - 50,54 - Project X LZ 6.5 125g

Taylormade Hi-Toe 58, KBS HI-REV Flex
Odyssey Ten 2-Ball Tour Line
1.2 HC

It's a sad sad day for me and my Mizuno driver today - Took it out on the course to go head to head with the M1 440, and quite frankly it wasn't even close. Had it been I think I would have an easier time holding on to her, but as much as I freaking love this driver I seem to be getting stalwart performance out of the 440. I'll probably have the 900 head listed on BST in the next couple days if anyone is interested. Still stand by my comments that the 900 is the best all around driver of 2017, and that it will benefit/suit more people than anything else on the market.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

It's a sad sad day for me and my Mizuno driver today - Took it out on the course to go head to head with the M1 440, and quite frankly it wasn't even close. Had it been I think I would have an easier time holding on to her, but as much as I freaking love this driver I seem to be getting stalwart performance out of the 440. I'll probably have the 900 head listed on BST in the next couple days if anyone is interested. Still stand by my comments that the 900 is the best all around driver of 2017, and that it will benefit/suit more people than anything else on the market.

No worries. The main thing is you found a driver you like.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I really need to stop clicking on this thread. Does anybody use the stock 569? obviously it's the real deal, just wondering about the weight.

I have a 569 S flex. It's 59gr and feels just right with the head. To me it does not feel very stiff. SS 98-100.

I agree with this. The stiff holds up with my 100 mph swing speed.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I really need to stop clicking on this thread. Does anybody use the stock 569? obviously it's the real deal, just wondering about the weight.

I have a 569 S flex. It's 59gr and feels just right with the head. To me it does not feel very stiff. SS 98-100.

Do you guys think I can get away with a 569 S-Flex? My SS is 107-111.

I only ask because I found one slightly used for a good price with this shaft in it. I'd rather not need to buy a shaft on top of purchasing the driver.

I only ask because I found one slightly used for a good price with this shaft in it. I'd rather not need to buy a shaft on top of purchasing the driver.

My SS is right with yours 108-112 with a smoother transition. The 569 in a stiff works with my swing. I can't speak for an aggressive transition. Actually I really feel the shaft unload with this shaft

My SS is right with yours 108-112 with a smoother transition. The 569 in a stiff works with my swing. I can't speak for an aggressive transition. Actually I really feel the shaft unload with this shaft

Very nice. I don't have very aggressive transition either so I'm thinking it should work out fine. Thank you.

I dropped the M2 for this club and couldn't be more happy with it. Wow, it's a winner.

WITB:

Driver - Titleist TSR3

3 Wood - PING G425 LST 

Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons (4-PW): Mizuno Pro 223

Wedges: Mizuno T24 - 50*, 56*

Putter: Cameron '23 Phantom X 5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Because i work in a golf shop i make myself try everything that comes out (i know, poor me right? Lol) anyways, i gave the 2017 m1 and m2 a chance but wasn't impressed. Messed around with the epic sz and was actually getting 3-4 mph more ballspeed with it over my Mizuno 900 and it was pretty straight to boot. Decided to wait a few days and hit the SZ again. Sooooo glad it was not as impressive the 2nd time around. Lol still one if Callaway's best drivers in years imo, but the Mizuno is top dog for me.

I opened a simulator business inside the golf shop almost 2 years ago with a Foresight gc2. So since it is mine, i know it isn't tweaked at all. Decided to mess around and play a round myself today on La Jolla South which is Torrey Pines South. Was consistently hitting the Mizuno 300+ and even got one 360! I know a lot of people love the Evo II shaft and i am happy to hear it works for so many people. Woulda been nice not to spend more money after buying the driver but my game is happy i swapped it out for the Evo III 661x. Just holds up better to my hard transition/aggressive swing. And i am very happy to read so many people discovering this driver and it working so well for them. Not many places carry Mizuno woods so it is refreshing to see so many finding their way into players bags.

I really should try the 661 shaft. I love the 569 evolution but feel that my flight is high and spins a little more than I like. When the fairway is dry, hard, and cut, I get minimum rollout. Great carry yards though. My swing speed is around 105. Can anyone tell me their experience if they hit both of these shafts? Thanks

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I really should try the 661 shaft. I love the 569 evolution but feel that my flight is high and spins a little more than I like. When the fairway is dry, hard, and cut, I get minimum rollout. Great carry yards though. My swing speed is around 105. Can anyone tell me their experience if they hit both of these shafts? Thanks

You'll be fine with the 661 with that SS

PXG One & Done | Armlock

So, for me, the Epic is just a bit longer and I feel like I can control the shot I am trying to hit a bit better. The JPX 900 is straighter, distance is good, but it's difficult for me to turn over even when I am trying. If I didn't need every yard, might well bag it, and there may be better shafts out there for the 900 for me, realizing that the non-made-for Speeder is a great shaft offering.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I went to GG to enjoy hitting some balls since it's 30° out today. I quickly hit the 2017 M1 also both of the epic drivers the ping G LS and the cobra F7+ Dispersion wise the top two finishers were the F7+ and 900. I think I've stated before all the other drivers are averaging right at 158-160 mph ball speed. The 900 combo avg. 163.8 today. I just enjoy confirming my purchase!

I will add that I've seen some people comment that they feel the 900 is draw biased. I find it hard to work either way it just wants to go straight.