2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

How's everyone still enjoying the driver/fairways? Debating on what flex to get. My max ss is about 110mph but I drop down to 104mph after about 10 driver swings in the simulator.

Thinking either 661 S or X, not the 757.

I really like the driver. SS is about 103-105, went with the 569 S shaft and it feels good. Holds up fine. Love the flight with this driver. Really carries. Like the more compact-looking head. High-quality stick and real-deal shafts make it even better.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I bought one of these when they where first released last fall. For some stupid reason I sold it. I found a deal last week on eBay to good to pass up. A brand new 900 driver with the 757x shaft for $209! I'm hoping this shaft isn't to much for my 108 mph ss. I have a neg aoa so I'm always looking to knock off some spin and I bet this combo will do it.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I bought one of these when they where first released last fall. For some stupid reason I sold it. I found a deal last week on eBay to good to pass up. A brand new 900 driver with the 757x shaft for $209! I'm hoping this shaft isn't to much for my 108 mph ss. I have a neg aoa so I'm always looking to knock off some spin and I bet this combo will do it.

Nah man. No worries. You'll be fine with that shaft. Nice pick up!

Mizuno STG 440 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Nah man. No worries. You'll be fine with that shaft. Nice pick up!

I'm hoping so! Worst case I sell it for like $200 and I keep the head. It would be sweet to say I got the head new for $9! Haha!

For those that may not know, it has been confirmed that the next generation of Mizuno drivers will have non-pro versions of three different sensei shafts as well as Kuro Kage and one other lightweight option. Point being, getting a real deal Evo II as a stock offering was incredible. If you want one of these you better move quick.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

For those that may not know, it has been confirmed that the next generation of Mizuno drivers will have non-pro versions of three different sensei shafts as well as Kuro Kage and one other lightweight option. Point being, getting a real deal Evo II as a stock offering was incredible. If you want one of these you better move quick.

+1 Another reason why I may just shelve the one I have in still in the wrapper for now and not use it. Might be worth keeping just for the shaft.

Anyone know where or how to get an extra weight for this driver?!

Call Mizuno, they will send you one free of charge!

Best driver I've ever hit. I was told it was a dud by a few people so I didn't even test it and went with an Epic. I know a lot of people like the Epic and I wanted the distance gains but they never materialized so I traded it on a JPX 900 after all the positive stuff I read here and haven't looked back. In fact I bought a 2nd one so I'd have one in my home club bag and my away bag. I just like how it feels and it out hits any other driver I've tested to date and I've tested just about all of them.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Best driver I've ever hit. I was told it was a dud by a few people so I didn't even test it and went with an Epic. I know a lot of people like the Epic and I wanted the distance gains but they never materialized so I traded it on a JPX 900 after all the positive stuff I read here and haven't looked back. In fact I bought a 2nd one so I'd have one in my home club bag and my away bag. I just like how it feels and it out hits any other driver I've tested to date and I've tested just about all of them.

Love hearing these reviews

I purchased mine when they first came out. It's been in the bag ever since. It holds the honors of staying in my bag the longest.......ever. I did install some yarn in the head for some reason. It sounds basically the same though. Still a good sounding driver.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I work part time in a local golf shop just because i love fitting people into the right equipment for them. So of course i demo everything when it comes in. Lol

Nothing has come close to beating the JPX 900 for me. Did get some faster ball speeds with the Epic and Epic SZ but mishits were much more severely punished with them. I did change the shaft out to an EVO III not long after i bought it but this driver has it all. Sound, feel, forgiveness, distance, etc.

Anyone know where or how to get an extra weight for this driver?!

Call Mizuno, they will send you one free of charge!

Nice!! Will do

Mizuno USA was awesome to work with. Took about 2 minutes and I have a weight on the way free of charge!

Nice! That's a big reason I have a full mizuno bag. They are the best in the business. I've called Taylormade titleist and callaway and none of them compare to Mizunos customer service!

Nice! That's a big reason I have a full mizuno bag. They are the best in the business. I've called Taylormade titleist and callaway and none of them compare to Mizunos customer service!

I am close enough to their HQ in Atlanta to visit, does anyone know if they will do a custom fitting of clubs I already own? Would love to have them dial in the loft and weights on my driver and 3w (just arrived today). While I'm there I would also have them take a look at the lie angle on my irons.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I am not sure whether to get the 661 or 565 shaft? Any thoughts? Been playing a diamana 60 right now. Been debating heavier shaft. Not sure if it's needed though.

I think you mean 661 or 569.

I went with the lighter one and it has held up just fine. Swing about 105 and the Evo 569 stiff performs well.

Did not find it loose in any way. It feels a little lighter, not much. I am sure I could have gone 661 and hit that fine too. I tend to like a shaft in the 65-72g range, but this one is high 50s and dispersion is fine so I'm happy. Helps me feel the clubhead a little more which I like. The JPX900 driver is excellent. I even like the matte blue. Not as much as I like the Ping G400 copper look (my favorite) but the modern-looking blue is kind of sharp, like the W Hotel of driver looks.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I am not sure whether to get the 661 or 565 shaft? Any thoughts? Been playing a diamana 60 right now. Been debating heavier shaft. Not sure if it's needed though.

You should give the lighter shaft a try. It's not flimsy by any means.

I've hit the 900 with the 569, along with the G400, Fusion, and Epic (all with "60 weight class" shafts and get very similar results. Haven't tried the 661 though.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Finally hit the JPX 900 driver (and one 3 wood off the tee) today. No practice, smaller grip that's I'm used, not even set up for me.

Put the weights in toe and heel set at 10.5 degrees. 661X flex speeder shaft.

I have no words for what that beautiful club was doing to that poor ball. My toe hits were getting out there at 295 (which is where my current driver was going on a good hit). My best center strikes were getting 310-315. My bad lower flight cut became a nice higher draw. This driver wouldn't even let me hit 3 woods into long par 5's..

I don't know what else to say. Honest to god, the best driver I've ever hit. I was hitting controlled drives, I was hitting all out go for it drives, I was hitting a few bad drives that all either found the fairway or went through the bend into the rough because I didn't think I could drive it that danged long to begin with!

Finally hit the JPX 900 driver (and one 3 wood off the tee) today. No practice, smaller grip that's I'm used, not even set up for me.

I have no words for what that beautiful club was doing to that poor ball. My toe hits were getting out there at 295 (which is where my current driver was going on a good hit). My best center strikes were getting 310-315. My bad lower flight cut became a nice higher draw. This driver wouldn't even let me hit 3 woods into long par 5's..

I don't know what else to say. Honest to god, the best driver I've ever hit. I was hitting controlled drives, I was hitting all out go for it drives, I was hitting a few bad drives that all either found the fairway or went through the bend into the rough because I didn't think I could drive it that danged long to begin with!

Welcome to the family! It's just too good and I feel your sentiment since I bought this blue beauty early on...surprised we don't see it at all on tour but the reality is it's up there in terms of distance but beats the tops on the forgiveness side. Really enjoyed reading your post!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I was getting some great hits on it. Hole 13 is where it truly shined, toed the heck out of it. Felt it turn over. I was set up to cut the dog leg right and it was a beautiful draw that overshot through the fairway into the rough leaving me 115 out for my approach from 5 feet into the rough.

I know for a fact, when I hit that shot with my old gamer, it's a duck hook about 220 out and 40 yards left...

I was getting some great hits on it. Hole 13 is where it truly shined, toed the heck out of it. Felt it turn over. I was set up to cut the dog leg right and it was a beautiful draw that overshot through the fairway into the rough leaving me 115 out for my approach from 5 feet into the rough.

I know for a fact, when I hit that shot with my old gamer, it's a duck hook about 220 out and 40 yards left...

super nice and I have been there brotha. Just a uber smooth stable shaft and the head just helps in every way...going to be hard to look away from her anytime soon!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

You are hitting it 310-315 and toe hits 295 with a max swing speed of 110? Low flight cuts are becoming nice higher draws? Must have been something wrong with the 900 jpx driver that i had......Mine was just another good quality driver that hit normal golf shots.