2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

ARROW straight but workable if needed.... smooth.... almost plush feeling.... delicious sound....this all after one round!

Great look to my eye....sad that people won't give this a chance.

Going to take a lot to get out of my bag.

Sounds like you write romantic novels :-) Mind if I ask what shaft you have in it?

ARROW straight but workable if needed.... smooth.... almost plush feeling.... delicious sound....this all after one round!

Great look to my eye....sad that people won't give this a chance.

Going to take a lot to get out of my bag.

Sounds like you write romantic novels :-) Mind if I ask what shaft you have in it?

I'm old and broken ......so stock 569 in regular fits!

Played today, hit all but two fairways and those were about 1 yard into the rough. Driver was just awesome. Shot 86 with about 40 putts... certainly wasn't the driver's fault ;)

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I am of the opinion this driver, which can now be had for $299 new, is currently the best deal out there for the money.

You get a real Fujikura shaft made in Japan (569 or 661) and it's a great head. So much stuff on the market made in China and so much inconsistency in quality. Some good, some suspect, some just lacking quality control.

The JPX 900 competes on distance with anything out there (not the highest priority category to score well) and it is not built with too long a stock shaft. Accuracy can truly be dialed in. It also does not have a giant 460cc head, which I have never liked because it doesn't really help. Not talked about as much but really strong club.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I am of the opinion this driver, which can now be had for $299 new, is currently the best deal out there for the money.

You get a real Fujikura shaft made in Japan (569 or 661) and it's a great head. So much stuff on the market made in China and so much inconsistency in quality. Some good, some suspect, some just lacking quality control.

The JPX 900 competes on distance with anything out there (not the highest priority category to score well) and it is not built with too long a stock shaft. Accuracy can truly be dialed in. It also does not have a giant 460cc head, which I have never liked because it doesn't really help. Not talked about as much but really strong club.

Where can you buy it for $299? The lowest I've seen is $349. Thanks!

Where can you buy it for $299? The lowest I've seen is $349. Thanks!

Do a search on eBay. Dealer in Pa has them. I grabbed one and he has one left. Good luck!

Just picked one up new for $200 on Ebay. Have hit some bombs with it, so the promise is there, but not yet able to take it to the course as I need to find some consistency with it. I need to figure out the weight configurations and see what works best for a better dispersion. One fun feature--when I swing, this baby whooshes much more than anything I've ever used. I'm a hacker, 14 hi, 90-95 swing speed, old coot at 65. Love to hear the sounds when I swing this thing. Hope I can dial it in to beat out the Ping G, which doesn't get out there quite as far but is more consistently in or near the fairway.

Just picked one up new for $200 on Ebay. Have hit some bombs with it, so the promise is there, but not yet able to take it to the course as I need to find some consistency with it. I need to figure out the weight configurations and see what works best for a better dispersion. One fun feature--when I swing, this baby whooshes much more than anything I've ever used. I'm a hacker, 14 hi, 90-95 swing speed, old coot at 65. Love to hear the sounds when I swing this thing. Hope I can dial it in to beat out the Ping G, which doesn't get out there quite as far but is more consistently in or near the fairway.

I also was definitely hitting the JPX past my Ping G. I think the extra adjustability is a factor there and the shorter shaft because I was centering it more often.

From my demo and testing you can dial it in to be stupid straight... for me it was with the two weights in the center slot with both situated near the middle.

Didn't go back though the whole thread, very tempted to add 3 wood but haven't been able to hit it yet. I am in love with the 661 shaft, is it just as good in 3w? Seems like a steal at current prices.

Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

Just ordered a clone to my gamer 661s playing 44.75". When any thing golf soft or hard goods go on sale everywhere it scares me into getting the clone custom ordered so can sleep at night. My Dr. said I have golfhoeitis and I agreed. Love the JPX900 with the Speeder Evo II offerings as stock!! Love!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Hit all the new stuff today including G400. While thw g400 looks and feels great nothing can still come close to the JPX900 driver. Will stay in bag.

The 3w is silly straight. Just adjusted it down to 14degree but havent hit it like that yet. Thinking of adding 661 to 3w. Currently have the 700 series

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S

Ping 4Hybrid
Ping BPS Pro Modus 105s 4-PW

SM9 black 50, 56. Wedgeworks 60 T 

SC Kombi S 

I have a new 900 sitting in the closet which I thought I would just sell as I have a G400 SFT already on order... but after going out this past weekend and hitting a 900 demo and once I played with the weights it was definitely very forgiving....what to do, what to do...lol! Keeping both until next year and letting them battle it out a bit on the course is what I am thinking right now.

Awaiting delivery of my 900.

Where is everyone playing the weights? When I demo'ed it I had to in the center channel positions 1 & 2.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Where is everyone playing the weights? When I demo'ed it I had to in the center channel positions 1 & 2.

Curious about this as well. Picked up a used one to test against my epic SZ and not sure what a good setup will be to start off. I read that the 900 is fairly draw biased which won't be great for my already draw tendencies so was think one weight in the face position and the other front center to help with my high spin issues

For me it was all about course play and ball flight/distance. Diver Swing Speed is 107-108mph with 661 S playing at 44.75" (-1/4")

Weights in center channel in the 1-2 positions and the sole plate in the neutral position playing at loft 10.5. Sits a little closed but launches bone straight with my slight cut swing type and runs out nicely.

I should add when I demo'ed it sole plate was neutral and was at 9.5.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I play a baby cut and have a very open face at top.....9.5* with center slot weight towards rear and one in the heel draw slot.....oh and these guys LOVED the matte blue color! Really straight hitting club and as long as I'm not over thinking things, I'm in the fairway.

I might try 10.5* to see launch window but I'm used to my low cuts for as long as I can remember.....

Just had my longest drive ever on the course today 310. I was getting a couple pokes over 300 here and there with the 661 Evo II but I just swapped it out for a Kuro Kage DC 80 X. Very stable an much better center contact.

Well played sir and big bomb right there! It's a beast head and coupled with the right shaft spec to the player just too good! Nice job

Anyone have any more info on whether the 900 is being replaced? I hit one at a demo day a few weeks ago and I seem to have finally found a driver that can knock my 910D2 out of the bag.

Most definitely being replaced. Mizuno USA is all but out of stock on all JPX 900 woods, and the replacement is starting to be shown to Mizuno accounts already. I should see it in the next few weeks, at which time I'll have more info.

Finally had a chance to hit the 3 wood at PGATSS today, movable weight was way up front in the low setting and I still managed to hit it well off the deck, way better than any of the M2 combos I tried and just like with the driver, just felt waaaaaay faster through hit the air. Easily the best on the "woosh test". Going to scrounge for the best possible deal but I fully expect to have one in the bag soon.

Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

Finally had a chance to hit the 3 wood at PGATSS today, movable weight was way up front in the low setting and I still managed to hit it well off the deck, way better than any of the M2 combos I tried and just like with the driver, just felt waaaaaay faster through hit the air. Easily the best on the "woosh test". Going to scrounge for the best possible deal but I fully expect to have one in the bag soon.

What shaft did you try it with?

Anyone have any more info on whether the 900 is being replaced? I hit one at a demo day a few weeks ago and I seem to have finally found a driver that can knock my 910D2 out of the bag.

Most definitely being replaced. Mizuno USA is all but out of stock on all JPX 900 woods, and the replacement is starting to be shown to Mizuno accounts already. I should see it in the next few weeks, at which time I'll have more info.

I can't wait to hear more about the new Mizuno offerings! They did a great job with JPX900 series and any improvement will be tremendous!

What shaft did you try it with?

Same as driver, 661 S. Loved it, not sure if it's psychological or not but I just swing these clubs better and faster than anything else I tried.

Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0