Mizuno JPX 900 drivers

KT35

Thanks for info. Anyone compared the 661 and the 757?

I've tried both, and for me, the 661 has just a touch more 'feel' in the mid section, but it's still stable. The 757 feels a touch tighter all the way down the shaft, with any 'feel' it's more up closer to the butt end than the 661. But it's very slight. And it's mostly the weight that makes the difference for me.

After reading ALL these posts and trying to find something that someone didn't like ... which I didn't .... I'll be buying one! Wishful thinking but anyone looking to sell? I'm going with the 661 now just need to decide if it's going to be a stiff or x stiff shaft. I'm hoping I can order both in and test each. With a ss of 107 I'm right in the middle I think. X stiff would launch lower right?

First round with the 661X shaft and I believe it is a winner. With my swing speed, around 100 mph), the X would not have been my choice but like Jay said, I believe am swinging better with it. I feel the head more and I definitely feel more control. It was 50 degrees and windy so I really can't comment on distance. I did hit several drives longer last Sunday with the 569 shaft and 80 degree weather. But I was close.

I can tell a difference in feel also. It does feel more solid.

So far the Tour ad-bb 6s didn't do so well on the range. It felt really loose. I will need to test further but I would say it was a less stable 569 evolution feel. I was also hitting a slice with this shaft for some reason.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

First round with the 661X shaft and I believe it is a winner. With my swing speed, around 100 mph), the X would not have been my choice but like Jay said, I believe am swinging better with it. I feel the head more and I definitely feel more control. It was 50 degrees and windy so I really can't comment on distance. I did hit several drives longer last Sunday with the 569 shaft and 80 degree weather. But I was close.

I can tell a difference in feel also. It does feel more solid.

So far the Tour ad-bb 6s didn't do so well on the range. It felt really loose. I will need to test further but I would say it was a less stable 569 evolution feel. I was also hitting a slice with this shaft for some reason.

I have a driver swing speed around 105-108 and prefer a stiffer feeling especially in the tip. How's the 661 X feel in the tip? How are you loading the 661 X, and what's your rhythm?

I purchased this shaft off eBay . The seller didn't say anything about tipping. It did look like it had a weight in it. It definitely is a stiffer tip than the 569. I would would say my swing is a mixture of Phil Mickelson and Jim Furyk. I have a long swing and tempo like Phil but can go up with a J at times. I do swing with a faster tempo.

What was happening with the 569 shaft was a left side or right side of the fairway. I felt like I could have put the ball wherever I wanted today. Keep in mind this was only one round. I have been fooled by many shafts in the past lol.

I am letting Wobgon test this shaft with several more. He will be a great source of information.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I wish it was warmer today because the cold weather throws a big factor in testing. I have hit several xflex shafts in numerous heads and have always felt like I was swinging way too hard just to hit the ball. For some reason, I didn't get this feeling with this shaft. Plus it was cold. I would like to test a stiff flex to see if there is a difference. I didn't get a whip feeling but I don't get one with the stiff flex.

I would say this shaft has to fall in between a stiff and xflex if I were to test it.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

I was going to LA early this month and wanted to get fit for a new driver, 3wood, hybrid and putter while there, as there are no such luxuries as a club fitter on this island.

From pictures I thought the JPX900 was the best looking of the new releases but bad experience with the JPX850 had me doubtful and thought it was just the usual WRX Mizuno hype. I was trading in my old Callaway XR's and hit them first on the launch monitor to have an apples to apples comparison. The JPX900, after being properly adjusted by the fitter, gave me an extra 20 yards just like that. My swing speed suggested I was borderline S to X but the fitter said unless I was fighting a hook I should stick with the S.

Having read Epic threads on here as well I asked to try that one as well. More or less same distance but no way near as straight as the JPX900.

No doubter....

D - TaylorMade Stealth2 HD 9°, Tensei AV blue 65, x-flex
F - TaylorMade SIM2 15° & 19°, Tensei AV blue 65fw & 60, s-flex
H - TaylorMade SIM2 22°, Tensei AV blue 80hy, s-flex
I - Mizuno MP-20hmb, 5-PW, Dynamic Gold 120, S300
W - Mizuno T22, 50° 56° 62°, Dynamic Gold 120, S300
P - Mizuno M-craft OMOI 3
B - Vice Pro

I finally put the SLDR on the back burner, and landed on a 900. First it was based off looks, saw it an immediately gravitated toward it and won't lie…bought it without hitting it. Ive now had it for a 2 rounds and a handful of range sessions and Im really enjoying it. I am finding it a lot more consistent and my misses are not nearly as bad, and are all still in play. Nothing will be longer I feel than that one in 10 drives with the SLDR but the 900 when properly fit, is just as long on a consistent basis than all the new models I tried in real life situations. IT looks great, and sounds solid and just knows the way to keep the ball in play.

Im really looking forward to this season and actually being able to count on hitting driver and keeping it in play. Really don't sleep on this club, and be open to trying it….its really really really good and can compete easily with all the more known clubs.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Hey all, what shaft (weight) and flex would y'all recommend for a 100mph swing with an easy transition and super late release? I've been able to hit a R, S, and X and all performed well.

Driver: Ping G425 Max

FW: Ping G425

Hybrid: Callaway Epic Super 

Irons: Srixon ZX-5

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 (58*)

Putter: LAB Mezz

I picked up the 900 with the 661x.

Went to the range and hit it right out of the packaging.

Although the feel is good with this club, it is no where bear the feel or sound of the LTD. It's not obnoxious like the G or M2 2017, but not what I was expecting.

It will be in the bag and has kicked out the LTD due to the consistency and distance. The 900 is one great driver and the head colour is stunning.

My contact marks were all dead Center of the face and it was so easy to swing. Loft is set at 9.5°(same as the LTD) and weights in heal toe tracks. I also got an extra weight from the golf town Fitter when I bought the club, so if I decide to shorten it to 44.5, I'll drop it in the Center back for extra head weight.

The biggest surprise though was that the swing weight was D7 at 45.5" to the end of the grip cap(E2 with the 3rd weight in the head).

My normal for years has been D4.

Regardless, just a great club that will now go head to head with the F7+ when it arrives in a couple weeks.

Gonna be a great year for colour blue!

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates to your purchases. I for one in Indiana are playing a lot of saturated golf courses but I can say that the 900 on the course. Is consistent distance hit all over the face a little heal hit appears to be the only penalized shot. And for me the dispersion with the 900 is a huge improvement in dispersion. I have heard the term used before but I have not experienced it I now know what point-and-shoot means with the driver. I will also that is probably directly tied to how stable the head feels through impact this head does not want to twist at least for me it doesn't.

Although the feel is good with this club, it is no where bear the feel or sound of the LTD. It's not obnoxious like the G or M2 2017, but not what I was expecting.

It will be in the bag and has kicked out the LTD due to the consistency and distance. The 900 is one great driver and the head colour is stunning.

My contact marks were all dead Center of the face and it was so easy to swing. Loft is set at 9.5°(same as the LTD) and weights in heal toe tracks. I also got an extra weight from the golf town Fitter when I bought the club, so if I decide to shorten it to 44.5, I'll drop it in the Center back for extra head weight.

The biggest surprise though was that the swing weight was D7 at 45.5" to the end of the grip cap(E2 with the 3rd weight in the head).

Regardless, just a great club that will now go head to head with the F7+ when it arrives in a couple weeks.

Rox

In pretty sure Thai is a major reason I love it. The swing weight. I loved the heavier sldr before this. Drive s today are much too light in my opinion.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Rox

In pretty sure Thai is a major reason I love it. The swing weight. I loved the heavier sldr before this. Drive s today are much too light in my opinion.

Agreed-interesting how a heavier swing weight is more comfortable.

I have't ventured over D4 and 45" except for my 47" Long Drive club years ago.

I'm gonna try D7 in my F7+ and M2, as well and see.

My tempo seems more in check with the 900.

My irons/ wedges are D2.5-D6, so I may try more weight in the Fairways and hybrids as well.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I just picked up the 900 with 661 S. I would like as much feedback as possible on your favorite weight, loft setup combos and maybe some info on your swing. I appreciate your feedback.

I spent an entire session dialing in the weights. Rule was that I had to have 10 good swings with each setting before moving on. It was a total blast imo - watching how it affected the ball flight was really fun. One strange theme for me was that I fly this driver very high for whatever reason and no matter which weight configuration I tried, 8.5U was the max loft I could use to achieve my desired ball flight. There were two settings that I found to suit my needs, depending on the Texas weather (wind) conditions.

The first was at 8.5U with one weight at the top and one at the bottom, pushed all the way forward, with the silver weight in the draw setting. This is my fairway finder setting, with the spin around 2700-2800 RPM consistently. It is a forgiving setting and the sound is a little weak (not sure if that makes sense). When I pure shots here, it doesn't sound like a stripe but it performs like one. Not as long as the next setting, but easier to keep straight if the wind isn't humming. Great winter/cold weather setting, too.

The second and my regular setting is 8.5U with both weights in the center channel, pushed all the way forward, with the silver weight in the draw setting. It's not quite as forgiving as setup option 1, but the spin drops to around 2100-2200. In this setup, I keep pace with any other longer hitter at my club, even with their Epics and M2s. I have also hit my longest drive ever using this setup. But the best part about this setting is the sound - when it is striped, there is no question. Because we don't get many breaks from the wind in this great state, I ride this configuration the most. It is still more forgiving than any driver I have used before but not as forgiving as the first setting option.

Hope this helped...

I just picked up the 900 with 661 S. I would like as much feedback as possible on your favorite weight, loft setup combos and maybe some info on your swing. I appreciate your feedback.

I spent an entire session dialing in the weights. Rule was that I had to have 10 good swings with each setting before moving on. It was a total blast imo - watching how it affected the ball flight was really fun. One strange theme for me was that I fly this driver very high for whatever reason and no matter which weight configuration I tried, 8.5U was the max loft I could use to achieve my desired ball flight. There were two settings that I found to suit my needs, depending on the Texas weather (wind) conditions.

The first was at 8.5U with one weight at the top and one at the bottom, pushed all the way forward, with the silver weight in the draw setting. This is my fairway finder setting, with the spin around 2700-2800 RPM consistently. It is a forgiving setting and the sound is a little weak (not sure if that makes sense). When I pure shots here, it doesn't sound like a stripe but it performs like one. Not as long as the next setting, but easier to keep straight if the wind isn't humming. Great winter/cold weather setting, too.

The second and my regular setting is 8.5U with both weights in the center channel, pushed all the way forward, with the silver weight in the draw setting. It's not quite as forgiving as setup option 1, but the spin drops to around 2100-2200. In this setup, I keep pace with any other longer hitter at my club, even with their Epics and M2s. I have also hit my longest drive ever using this setup. But the best part about this setting is the sound - when it is striped, there is no question. Because we don't get many breaks from the wind in this great state, I ride this configuration the most. It is still more forgiving than any driver I have used before but not as forgiving as the first setting option.

Hope this helped...

Thanks this is great feedback. To tell you the truth I don't think a non-mizuno fitter/demo day would bother with all the adjustment that the JPX 900 has to offer. I had a fitting before at a Club Champion. I could be wrong but I just don't see a fitter spending that much time dialing in the JPX 900 to the player, unless it's their "go to" head or they are very familiar.

So we are left to our own tinkering and if we have the option to get on launch monitors. I have tried your setting #1 and agree it pipes the ball straight. I was kind of taken aback by how straight I hit this driver. I will try your setting #2 (in different lofts) as I sometimes get steep with my driver. One setting I liked was the weights in the Draw and Fade ports at 9.5 (saw Rick Sheils liked that I will mess with the lofts as well.

first round today with new 900 w 569 S (44.5"). Fantastic. The distance was great but I was most impressed with its forgiveness while still having some working ability. Extremely happy. Ping G is still around but will be in the corner during tournament season.

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S

Ping 4Hybrid
Ping BPS Pro Modus 105s 4-PW

SM9 black 50, 56. Wedgeworks 60 T 

SC Kombi S 

I am having some great results with the Tour ad-bb 6s shaft and surprisingly a Steelfiber shaft. That's right, Steelfiber. They make shafts for woods AND for a great price.

Where the 569 shaft produces great results, I always feel that I am pushing it's limits. I feel this way but the shaft hasn't let me down. In fact, when I go after it, the shaft holds up great. But I still get the feeling I am pushing it's limits.

My 661 X gives you the feeling of in control. I hit this shaft great. But the stiffness can make me tend to over swing which will throw my tempo off with my irons.

The Steelfiber shaft feels exactly like the love child of the 569 and 661X shaft. The 661S should have been this but for some reason it wasn't.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP A303 putter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a used 900 from my local shop (got a smoking' deal!) and even though I know you shouldn't trust 100% what the launch monitor says (they use GC2) I could not believe what I was seeing. My bad, heely shots were going 270ish and when I got the center a couple rolled out to 335! I forgot to take note as to which speeder it had in it but it's an X flex and I haven't played X in my driver in some time. Tomorrow I'm playing and it will be the real test to see if I can replicate those results!

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

If it's the stock shaft then its a Speeder Evolution 2.

Yeah I was more inferring to the weight. It's the 757 Speeder 2.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS