#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

I had played Torrey a few times before so I didnt get myself anything, but I did pick up a shirt for my dad.

I lost my GolfWRX poker chip last weekend..... I went back and looked for it for an unreasonable amount of time when i realized it was gone. No luck though, I'm pretty bummed about it.

Sorry to hear that!

That was nice of you to pick up a polo for your father. I hope you and he get to play some golf together from time to time. :-)

Ya he and I play a good amount of golf together. He came with my friends and I to Bandon Dunes in June. Trip of a lifetime. 36+ a day for 3 days.

Only shame on the trip was the Epic driver abandoned me and I drove the ball about as bad as possible.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Amanda B seems to be getting bigger and bigger eh? She's on CBS all the time now, and i was on "The Ringer" before which is a great sports site run by Bill Simmons, and she was a guest on a podcast that Geoff Shackleford and Joe House do, which is a fairly big deal. Joe House is one of Simmons's closest friends

She was really nice to us when we were there, at least i felt. Nice to see her moving up in the world

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So, Amanda B seems to be getting bigger and bigger eh? She's on CBS all the time now, and i was on "The Ringer" before which is a great sports site run by Bill Simmons, and she was a guest on a podcast that Geoff Shackleford and Joe House do, which is a fairly big deal. Joe House is one of Simmons's closest friends

She was really nice to us when we were there, at least i felt. Nice to see her moving up in the world

She was really cool and seemed to be genuine. I wish her the best.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

It is really cool to see her moving on up. It is just a shame she has to slum it with Rory, DJ, etc. after interviewing me at Torrey. All downhill from there!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

It is really cool to see her moving on up. It is just a shame she has to slum it with Rory, DJ, etc. after interviewing me at Torrey. All downhill from there!

Well you shot a better round there than most of those dudes!

I still made her laugh though with my "i wish they had fit me for a lawn mower" line. I'll always have that.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I had played Torrey a few times before so I didnt get myself anything, but I did pick up a shirt for my dad.

I lost my GolfWRX poker chip last weekend..... I went back and looked for it for an unreasonable amount of time when i realized it was gone. No luck though, I'm pretty bummed about it.

Sorry to hear that!

That was nice of you to pick up a polo for your father. I hope you and he get to play some golf together from time to time. :-)

Ya he and I play a good amount of golf together. He came with my friends and I to Bandon Dunes in June. Trip of a lifetime. 36+ a day for 3 days.

Only shame on the trip was the Epic driver abandoned me and I drove the ball about as bad as possible.

Bandon Dunes! Very nice! I hope to get there some day.

Hopefully your driver is now cooperating. :-)

I sat next to her during our lunch at Callaway HQ. Had no idea who she was. We talked Boston, NESN, etc. Seemed like a genuinely nice individual.

I sat next to her during our lunch at Callaway HQ. Had no idea who she was. We talked Boston, NESN, etc. Seemed like a genuinely nice individual.

Sean where is she from? The new girl on Golf Channel, Chantel McCabe, is a local NH girl. She was best friends in high school with a girl I know. She also used to work for NESN.

Sean where is she from? The new girl on Golf Channel, Chantel McCabe, is a local NH girl. She was best friends in high school with a girl I know. She also used to work for NESN.

She is originally from Pittsburgh. My son was born there so we talked about how underrated Pittsburgh is as a place to live. I think she went to Hofstra and did some local work. Also, but I don't recall precisely, that she was offered a position at NESN, but went national instead.

Again, I didn't know who she was, only that she was kind enough to spend some time with an old guy and make him feel welcome.

Nice lady. I wish her well.

Gentlemen, I wonder if you have any advice for me:

Tomorrow is our Senior Club Championship. I played a practice round today and shot a 71 (par 70). To be honest I am a bit nervous. How do I follow-up that round with a good tournament round? I know the course will be set up to play more difficult, but I am afraid I will judge myself tomorrow on how I played today, and simply add more pressure on myself, which I don't need. lol

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. :-)

For me it is now different than if I had a terrible round prior to a tournament, it is not in my thoughts. As cliche as it sounds, you have to take it one shot at a time. Full focus on the shot at hand. Go through your process (disciplined shot selection & pre-shot routine), and don't worry about the results. "Trust your process, don't think about results." Tally them up at the end and have fun!

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

For me it is now different than if I had a terrible round prior to a tournament, it is not in my thoughts. As cliche as it sounds, you have to take it one shot at a time. Full focus on the shot at hand. Go through your process (disciplined shot selection & pre-shot routine), and don't worry about the results. "Trust your process, don't think about results." Tally them up at the end and have fun!

Thanks Matt, that is sound advice. :-)

First off Phenomenal round!

Unless that's your norm than you know it was a great round. Not all rounds will be that way.

So, you know your potential but don't let it creep in your head. That was yesterday not today, so to say.

If you start thinking about scoring then your head/thoughts will not be in a good place.

Focus on each shot, putt, etc. great shots are awesome but good misses keep a good round going.

This ain't your first rodeo and you know the competition have fun and twirl those beautiful Callaway clubs ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Typically i play terribly in competitive rounds, so maybe take my advice and do the exact opposite. LOL

There's a good book on doing things under pressure called "choke". And while some of it gets into the science of the brain and etc, one of the lasting impressions i had of it was the passage that simply said "You are in this position because you belong in this position based on the work you have put in" (paraphrase). You shot a 71 today, that isn't fake, you hit the shots and they added up to 71, and that is a great round! So you are capable of playing well, that's why you are in the tournament in the first place.

My fear in all competitive rounds is that my swing will desert me and i'll hit it OB 5 times or something and shoot a 95. But i tell myself that i've played a lot of rounds and that hasn't happened, and there's no reason it will that day. After all i'm an A player because i hit the ball well, not because i shoot 95's.

I think it's a good way to think

I still suck for the most part under pressure in golf, which was never the case in football or basketball....but whatever.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

First off Phenomenal round!

Unless that's your norm than you know it was a great round. Not all rounds will be that way.

So, you know your potential but don't let it creep in your head. That was yesterday not today, so to say.

If you start thinking about scoring then your head/thoughts will not be in a good place.

Focus on each shot, putt, etc. great shots are awesome but good misses keep a good round going.

This ain't your first rodeo and you know the competition have fun and twirl those beautiful Callaway clubs ;)

Thanks Tex! A few months ago I was an 11.3, now a 7.8 and trending downwards. And I agree. I need to stay focused in the present...and accept what the shot gives me and move on. :-)

Typically i play terribly in competitive rounds, so maybe take my advice and do the exact opposite. LOL

There's a good book on doing things under pressure called "choke". And while some of it gets into the science of the brain and etc, one of the lasting impressions i had of it was the passage that simply said "You are in this position because you belong in this position based on the work you have put in" (paraphrase). You shot a 71 today, that isn't fake, you hit the shots and they added up to 71, and that is a great round! So you are capable of playing well, that's why you are in the tournament in the first place.

My fear in all competitive rounds is that my swing will desert me and i'll hit it OB 5 times or something and shoot a 95. But i tell myself that i've played a lot of rounds and that hasn't happened, and there's no reason it will that day. After all i'm an A player because i hit the ball well, not because i shoot 95's.

I think it's a good way to think

I still suck for the most part under pressure in golf, which was never the case in football or basketball....but whatever.

The first bolded part is a real eyeopener. I do work very hard on my game. I never looked at it that way.

The second bolded part: Yes! That is my primary fear.

And yes! 8 of my last 10 rounds have been in the 70s, with two 72s, and today's 71. So I am capable of playing well. :-)

My thought was to go out tomorrow, have a good time, do my best, and regardless of which way it goes, be happy with that. Either way, it's not like it's going to radically change my life. lol

So i had another 72 today on our course that rates like 73.5 / 137 from the tips. I have 4 "+" rounds now going to my handicap and am down to 0.6. Won't last though most likely as i have 3 of them coming out in my next 5 games. Unless i shoot new ones of course

I went back to the full bag i was fit for again. I had a few bad rounds and just said the heck with it i'm going to use what i want to use. And the full Cally bag brings back good memories of all of you jabronis and sunny SD!

I drained back-to-back 20 footers for par on 17 and 18 for the 72......so i guess the Versa will be sticking around for a bit

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

So i had another 72 today on our course that rates like 73.5 / 137 from the tips. I have 4 "+" rounds now going to my handicap and am down to 0.6. Won't last though most likely as i have 3 of them coming out in my next 5 games. Unless i shoot new ones of course

I went back to the full bag i was fit for again. I had a few bad rounds and just said the heck with it i'm going to use what i want to use. And the full Cally bag brings back good memories of all of you jabronis and sunny SD!

I drained back-to-back 20 footers for par on 17 and 18 for the 72......so i guess the Versa will be sticking around for a bit

Nicely done Jeff! Your HI is impressive, especially given your golf season is shorter than Mugsy Bogues.