SuperSpeed Golf training system

Just pony up the $35 and buy the ebay fan already. Sheesh... Yes Swing Fan is good. Helps with all around golf swing issues. Great warm up, cheap, no instruction required. I have a broom in my garage that cost more than my swing fan. More people will probably benefit from using a swing fan than using super speed sticks or other gadgets.

There's 1 shop near me that the "instructor's bay" always has a Swing Fan in it, I love when I get the chance to swing that... I was thinking of getting either that, or maybe the Speed Stick (Speed Bullet?) again just another thing to try and help create lag, get a better feel for releasing the club.

Are you using a radar with the SS workout?

No, unfortunately I don't have a radar... I was at a golf shop that had a radar over the weekend, and apparently my swing speed decreased a little bit.

I can see how you might not have gains without a radar, you need feedback on what’s actually fast. My buddy who does it with me made the comment that whenever he swings “harder” the radar tells him it’s not actually fast at all.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Using the Super Speed Trainers without using the radar is problematic. You need the radar as a gauge - it is the second part of the equation.

Yep. And to that I would add: the Swing Speed Radar, while good, is really kinda flaky, with lots of questionable reads for me.

So I've gone to using my Zepp (a small device attached to the back of your lead hand glove) for swing speed numbers. You can customize your clubs by length so it knows how fast the clubhead is going. I've found it *VERY* accurate and repeatable.

The only downside is that Zepp requires some kind of ball impact (I think) to trigger a read. It works with foam practice balls, which I hit into a blanket hanging several feet in front of me. Not sure if it would trigger a read with the SST sticks without a ball... maybe I'll try that next session. But I see great value in swinging my 7-iron and driver as fast as I can every day at the foam balls. Can keep an eye on ball contact, start line, and vertical launch angle that way, too, so you're not drilling a "bad" swing. (Not to mention all the other measurements Zepp makes of hand speed, hand and club plane, backswing length, tempo, etc.)

Maybe I'll build a super-light and a heavier driver just so I can use the whole SST routine when actually hitting balls and using the Zepp. It's easy to make a driver head and shaft heavier... does anyone know of a super-light driver head? Maybe get one with a couple of adjustable weights like the M1 and just remove the weights?

Zepp is $150 new, or you can find them on eBay in the $70-90 range.

The Swing Speed Radar - I have the blue one - can be flaky sure - however it is relatively consistent in its flakiness and so you can still get a good average - or baseline - for what your swings are doing speed wise. I would say that it is accurate about 85% of the time for me - meaning it picks up the speed with an accurate read most swings and gives me crazy or misses completely on a few during a session. I tested it against a few other speed radars - and it is close enough for me - probably not close enough for an AP physics dissertation. It is for whatever reason a bit faster reading from a typical trackman at Roger Dunn - but who knows if those things are even calibrated correctly with all the abuse they take. I'm usually 4-5 mph slower when I swing clubs at RD - but then again I am usually not warmed up - playing some bullxxxx club and out of my comfort element in the room with all the other bangers waiting to get on after me. The thing is you need SOMETHING to swing to that gives you your baseline speeds - and the swing speed radars are good enough and consistent enough for all intents and purposes.

Using the Super Speed Trainers without using the radar is problematic. You need the radar as a gauge - it is the second part of the equation.

Yep. And to that I would add: the Swing Speed Radar, while good, is really kinda flaky, with lots of questionable reads for me.

So I've gone to using my Zepp (a small device attached to the back of your lead hand glove) for swing speed numbers. You can customize your clubs by length so it knows how fast the clubhead is going. I've found it *VERY* accurate and repeatable.

The only downside is that Zepp requires some kind of ball impact (I think) to trigger a read. It works with foam practice balls, which I hit into a blanket hanging several feet in front of me. Not sure if it would trigger a read with the SST sticks without a ball... maybe I'll try that next session. But I see great value in swinging my 7-iron and driver as fast as I can every day at the foam balls. Can keep an eye on ball contact, start line, and vertical launch angle that way, too, so you're not drilling a "bad" swing. (Not to mention all the other measurements Zepp makes of hand speed, hand and club plane, backswing length, tempo, etc.)

Maybe I'll build a super-light and a heavier driver just so I can use the whole SST routine when actually hitting balls and using the Zepp. It's easy to make a driver head and shaft heavier... does anyone know of a super-light driver head? Maybe get one with a couple of adjustable weights like the M1 and just remove the weights?

Zepp is $150 new, or you can find them on eBay in the $70-90 range.

Gonna answer my own question on the lightest driver on the market: looks like the Cleveland XL270 weighs in at 270g, only 15 grams heavier than the green SST stick. So that might work, and can pick them up cheap. Will use my gamer for the medium, then build up a heavy to 335 to match the red stick. Welp I have a new project, sweet!

Sidenote: if I swing that Cleveland 121mph or so like I do the green stick, it's gonna be tempting to take it to the course.

Just pony up the $35 and buy the ebay fan already. Sheesh... Yes Swing Fan is good. Helps with all around golf swing issues. Great warm up, cheap, no instruction required. I have a broom in my garage that cost more than my swing fan. More people will probably benefit from using a swing fan than using super speed sticks or other gadgets.

Lol, I am cheap when it comes to golf teaching aids. Most I can build myself instead of paying a huge mark up, and I also don't have the room for them all. Less is more when there is something that will work in its stead. Tis why I only built one SSG club.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

tried the junior set which i think is in perfect length replicating long irons, what impressed me the most is how easily to have backswing, transition and downswing in the right sequence. without having to pay too much attention to the "club head", I, and all other 4-5 ppl incl. a pro who tried the junior set at the same time, found it extremely easy to swing back on plane, which in turn makes the transition and downswing effortless. I have a swing fan at home too and been using it on a regular basis, would definitely prefer the SS over the fan for the fact that the SS actually promotes a swing and sequential change.

im not sure whether the 45inch full adult set would be better than the shorter junior set, surely the full length simulates the driver setup but its easy to have the swing too flat.

After reading about the swing fan on this thread, I pulled mine out of storage (of course I already owned it!) and have been warming up with it. I forgot how awesome this thing is for sequence. To me, it works a lot like the orange whip (which I also own) but provides more of a big muscle feedback type sequence.

I think SSG, the orange whip and the swing fan all have their own place in speed and sequence training.

After reading about the swing fan on this thread, I pulled mine out of storage (of course I already owned it!) and have been warming up with it. I forgot how awesome this thing is for sequence. To me, it works a lot like the orange whip (which I also own) but provides more of a big muscle feedback type sequence.

I think SSG, the orange whip and the swing fan all have their own place in speed and sequence training.

I have to say I LOL'd at the fact that you forgot you had the fan! I did the same with the Orange Whip....almost bought a new one before my wife said "you've got one...it's behind the shovels in the garage". I'm using the fan I just got and it's great.

Break through tonight -

First 3 swings with the green were at 113, much higher than the norm of 106-108.

Then the last 5 with green were 123, 126, 122, 123 and 119.

So basically all north of 120 and I hadn't touched 126 ever before.

Was focused on biggest shoulder turn, dropping the hands and release, all while trying not to grip hard.

Real progress being made !!!! :)

Break through tonight -

First 3 swings with the green were at 113, much higher than the norm of 106-108.

Was focused on biggest shoulder turn, dropping the hands and release, all while trying not to grip hard.

You're focused on the things that got you to a 0 hcp!

Break through tonight -

You're focused on the things that got you to a 0 hcp!

Thanks yeah :)

For me the biggest benefit of this training (along with the weights/gym work) has been a smooth increase in speed under total control. My on course speed is not the 120 but the consistent 110.

There's 1 shop near me that the "instructor's bay" always has a Swing Fan in it, I love when I get the chance to swing that... I was thinking of getting either that, or maybe the Speed Stick (Speed Bullet?) again just another thing to try and help create lag, get a better feel for releasing the club.

No, unfortunately I don't have a radar... I was at a golf shop that had a radar over the weekend, and apparently my swing speed decreased a little bit.

I can see how you might not have gains without a radar, you need feedback on what's actually fast. My buddy who does it with me made the comment that whenever he swings "harder" the radar tells him it's not actually fast at all.

I found the same with my SSR. "Feel isn't real" proven again and again.

I've put in lots of work with the swing fan focusing on sequence. It's a bit crazy what's happened to my launch conditions measured by SkyTrak. First off, my contact is way better (with all clubs). Ball speed jumped a few MPH. But the weirdness is in my launch angle. I've gone from 14-16* to 10-12*. Must be really smashing down on it now or maybe more neutral.

I've put in lots of work with the swing fan focusing on sequence. It's a bit crazy what's happened to my launch conditions measured by SkyTrak. First off, my contact is way better (with all clubs). Ball speed jumped a few MPH. But the weirdness is in my launch angle. I've gone from 14-16* to 10-12*. Must be really smashing down on it now or maybe more neutral.

That’s a huge change in LA. What club? What is it about the swing fan training that helped?

That’s a huge change in LA. What club? What is it about the swing fan training that helped?

I would assume he is getting hands more ahead of the ball which I would think the swing fan helps teach feel of with its added drag.

That's a huge change in LA. What club? What is it about the swing fan training that helped?

I would assume he is getting hands more ahead of the ball which I would think the swing fan helps teach feel of with its added drag.

That's my driver. Yeah, along the lines of what clev said I think. I seriously think I'm onto something with the combination of swing fan and ssg. Seems like an awesome combination...

That's a huge change in LA. What club? What is it about the swing fan training that helped?

That's my driver. Yeah, along the lines of what clev said I think. I seriously think I'm onto something with the combination of swing fan and ssg. Seems like an awesome combination...

I might have to buy one of these fans, little harder to make my own lol.

I might have to buy one of these fans, little harder to make my own lol.

You mentioned the broom and meant to say that it's the exact same idea. The swing fan is more refined but you can definitely feel that proper sequence with a broom.

I can see how you might not have gains without a radar, you need feedback on what's actually fast. My buddy who does it with me made the comment that whenever he swings "harder" the radar tells him it's not actually fast at all.

I found the same with my SSR. "Feel isn't real" proven again and again.

Last night, I had a session at range playing with Blast Golf & SSR. Blast Golf recommends 1 to 3 ratio full swing tempo ratio. For example, 0.9 second backswing and 0.3 second follow-through. My tempo was 1:4 meaning slow backswing and fast follow-through. I slowed down my follow-through to the point it felt like slow-mo. I was amazed that swing speed only went down by 3 mph average.

FYI, the difference in SS between SSR and Blast golf was few mph.

I have a Tour Striker Pro but it's not in my regimen right now. SSR, SSG sticks, and swing fan make for quite the party.

This is my hotel setup. I do the protocols at the side of the hotel by the bike racks. Passers by have no idea what I'm doing. Was getting my best ever non-dominant and dominant numbers with the red tonight thanks to another K-vest session.

I have a Tour Striker Pro but it's not in my regimen right now. SSR, SSG sticks, and swing fan make for quite the party.

This is my hotel setup. I do the protocols at the side of the hotel by the bike racks. Passers by have no idea what I'm doing. Was getting my best ever non-dominant and dominant numbers with the red tonight thanks to another K-vest session.

That makes sense...no ONE training aid to not get stuck in one protocol. You must travel a LOT. LOL!.

That makes sense...no ONE training aid to not get stuck in one protocol. You must travel a LOT. LOL!.

4 days a week, 48 weeks a year. Right now I can drive interstate to my current client. When I have to hop on a plane again and leave my SSG sticks behind I'll be crushed!

Tour Striker is decent BTW. Martin Chuck has a knack of coming up with legit training aids.