SuperSpeed Golf training system

Has this messed up anyone's tempo and golf swing sync?

I highly recommend hitting balls at the range, or playing frequently while doing SSG.

I started in the winter offseason and developed a past-parallel / accross the line backswing.

But, now that I've dusted the winter rust off I'm benefiting from the gains.

I have a Skytrak at home for the off season, which is only 2-3 months here in TX. We still play in the cold.

I would have thought the opposite but over speed training has only helped me in regards to balls striking.

Welp you got me sold.

For me, my swing got so smoother. I think my body, core to be more specific is rotating in slow motion but the result tells me otherwise.

when it comes to SSG, I realize it is all about rotation, rotation and rotation.

I highly recommend hitting balls at the range, or playing frequently while doing SSG.

I started in the winter offseason and developed a past-parallel / accross the line backswing.

I have a Skytrak at home for the off season, which is only 2-3 months here in TX. We still play in the cold.

Yes. We do.

I'm probably about 5-10 miles from you.

I do my SSG workouts at the range, and I work in hitting balls between sets with a 7 iron.

If anything, SSG has improved my tempo because the ball is going the distances I expect it to without feeling like I have to really stomp on it.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

I am going to put this into play starting this week. I used to have a max speed of 100. Now i am lucky to hit 95, and its really starting to show.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

My concern is ending up swinging wrong...faster. IMO one has to get rid of what's slowing down their swing first....then work on speed.

The SSG guys have apparently found the opposite... The way your swing gets faster is by improving the poor mechanics that slow it down. Your body just works out how to do that over time, it improves the mechanics without thinking about positions.

I think the exception could be face-to-path, since this isn't required to swing efficiently or fast.

My concern is ending up swinging wrong...faster. IMO one has to get rid of what's slowing down their swing first....then work on speed.

The SSG guys have apparently found the opposite... The way your swing gets faster is by improving the poor mechanics that slow it down. Your body just works out how to do that over time, it improves the mechanics without thinking about positions.

I think the exception could be face-to-path, since this isn't required to swing efficiently or fast.

Someone did a study that shows swinging fast improves mechanics? Link?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

I am a 100% believer in SSG! My swing speed was roughly 105-108, but I started SSG about 2 months ago and recently did a fitting for some irons and at the end hit a few

drives to see swing speed and I was in the 115-118 range.

As far as technique goes I feel it has improved my technique because I believe my tempo is better im hitting much farther and straighter than ever before.

Only problem I see with SSG is that because my swing speed has increased I have had to make a few equipment changes, but let’s me honest is that ever a bad thing?

If it promotes maintaining spine angle and proper rotation...and forces one to do so....then that's by far the biggest benefit. i may even buy a set now.

Not so fast. The guys that invented the SSG clubs claim in multiple interviews that slow swingers increase their speed through the SSG protocols by improving their kinematic sequence. They've apparently seen this through 3D swing analysis and pressure mats.

I believe they used to have pressure mat/force plate study on their website illustrating how pressure transfer was cleaned up through the use of SSG. I imagine they probably still do.

Not so fast. The guys that invented the SSG clubs claim in multiple interviews that slow swingers increase their speed through the SSG protocols by improving their kinematic sequence. They've apparently seen this through 3D swing analysis and pressure mats.

I believe they used to have pressure mat/force plate study on their website illustrating how pressure transfer was cleaned up through the use of SSG. I imagine they probably still do.

Well think of it this way...if you swung a sledgehammer around your body...I guarantee your weight will transfer to your left side...or you'll call the Coroner.

If it promotes maintaining spine angle and proper rotation...and forces one to do so....then that's by far the biggest benefit. i may even buy a set now.

I have bounced in and out of SSG because of a back injury (no reoccurrence... just an abundance of caution), but I've been doing the intro protocol for the last 2 weeks.

Everybody's different, but it definitely helps me with rotation and sequencing, however I don't believe it has helped me with maintaining spine angle to this point. It's hard to say definitively as I'm an early extender and I've been working on that in parallel, but to this point I wouldn't put any improvement in maintaining spine angle down to SSG. Rotation (appropriate rotation) and sequencing, definitely.

Probably good to get more feedback on that from those who are deep into the SSG protocols.

Going for some K-vest analysis tomorrow, and will be interested to see what parts of my mechanics suck the most. I'll baseline this and evaluate again in 8 weeks to see if there are any definitive improvements (and if so, where specifically).

Went to their site. From the article on what research says on overspeed training :

However as of yet, there has been no scientific evidence of long-term retention using overspeed-training devices in golfers, other than the case studies and testimonials of various golfers who are advertising for companies such as SuperSpeed Golf. Additionally no research exist to support it’s use to improve swing mechanics.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

I have bounced in and out of SSG because of a back injury (no reoccurrence... just an abundance of caution), but I've been doing the intro protocol for the last 2 weeks.

Everybody's different, but it definitely helps me with rotation and sequencing, however I don't believe it has helped me with maintaining spine angle to this point. It's hard to say definitively as I'm an early extender and I've been working on that in parallel, but to this point I wouldn't put any improvement in maintaining spine angle down to SSG. Rotation (appropriate rotation) and sequencing, definitely.

Probably good to get more feedback on that from those who are deep into the SSG protocols.

Going for some K-vest analysis tomorrow, and will be interested to see what parts of my mechanics suck the most. I'll baseline this and evaluate again in 8 weeks to see if there are any definitive improvements (and if so, where specifically).

Question: Are you a Porsche collector or enthusiast?

Went to their site. From the article on what research says on overspeed training :

However as of yet, there has been no scientific evidence of long-term retention using overspeed-training devices in golfers, other than the case studies and testimonials of various golfers who are advertising for companies such as SuperSpeed Golf. Additionally no research exist to support it’s use to improve swing mechanics.

Completely. The only analysis that's been done to-date is what they've done.

They're the ones who basically took a principle from sprinting and baseball pitching and applied it to a lever sport. It's literally less than two years old as a concept using their refinements (e.g. Heavier club only about 5% heavier vs. 20 (if I remember correctly) in baseball).

Having said that, I'm not waiting for someone to do a double-blind study.

I'm hitting irons crisper than I ever have since I got back into golf last year, and my distance is improving (though erratically to-date).

My driver swing speed was measured on SSR last year as 85. My coach thought I was 95 by eye, but 85 is what I remember measuring on SSR.

Just walked down to my basement to look at my little SSG whiteboard (I so the protocols in the wood shop area of my basement). I swing a Nike driver after every SSG session, and the last 4 look like this:

104 (from about 2 hours ago)

These are not easy gains for me. Especially with injury prevention being top of mind. They are tough, and erratic, and not without discomfort. They are, however, real for me. And not at the expense of the parallel work on my swing mechanics.

Way too poor to be a collector. Never liked the brand until I drove one on track about 5 years ago and got what they're all about.

Went from a 997.2 to a Cayman GT4, and now have a GT3 on the way. In truth I could have a base model Boxster with 80K miles on it and be perfectly happy. Just great cars.

Way too poor to be a collector. Never liked the brand until I drove one on track about 5 years ago and got what they're all about.

Went from a 997.2 to a Cayman GT4, and now have a GT3 on the way. In truth I could have a base model Boxster with 80K miles on it and be perfectly happy. Just great cars.

Not meaning to hijack the thread...but I have a line on a 1974 911 and was wondering about cost to restore.

Not meaning to hijack the thread...but I have a line on a 1974 911 and was wondering about cost to restore.

PM me. I may know a guy who would know.

I am totally uncoordinated swinging left handed, to the point that it hurts my pretty much everything if I try to swing at speed. Has anyone else found that, and is it even necessary to swing at full speed on the opposite side. I stopped using the system last time because I hurt my back trying to swing left opposite.

Do you folks think SSG actually serves to "stretch out" otherwise tight muscles / ligaments...with the folks who don't stretch much seeing the biggest gains? It seems to me that it's not possible to actually build "stronger" muscles using a set of very light weights.

I can't comment on your other question, but regarding the one in bold I can. I feel like swinging something very light, very fast trains you to fire the muscle you have as fast as possible, swinging something heavier will help build muscle but then you still need to train it to fire fast by swinging something lighter. That is just my take on what happens.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Do you folks think SSG actually serves to "stretch out" otherwise tight muscles / ligaments...with the folks who don't stretch much seeing the biggest gains? It seems to me that it's not possible to actually build "stronger" muscles using a set of very light weights.

I can't comment on your other question, but regarding the one in bold I can. I feel like swinging something very light, very fast trains you to fire the muscle you have as fast as possible, swinging something heavier will help build muscle but then you still need to train it to fire fast by swinging something lighter. That is just my take on what happens.

Agreed. My non-professional take on it is that swinging with the lightest club teaches your brain that it can perform the golf swing motor pattern faster than it currently does.

Gradually ramping up the weights then teaches your brain that it can still perform that same motor pattern faster if resistance is increased.

The reason the light club isn't that much lighter and the heavier club isn't that much heavier is that going outside of those ranges would lead to a different 'non golf' motor pattern. Example is swinging a headless golf shaft... it's so light that you can simply whip it with the twitch muscles in your shoulder, arms, and hands and never fully engage the core.