SuperSpeed Golf training system

Agree with the last two responses to my questions....it's hard to tell sometimes...but I can see the SSG helping the brain get used to higher speeds. And adding too much weight would probably create a hammer-throw response...so I get that too.

I just wonder if it's physically possible for someone....beyond the stretching aspect and brain-training aspect of SSG...to go from 92 mph to 125?

Agree with the last two responses to my questions....it's hard to tell sometimes...but I can see the SSG helping the brain get used to higher speeds. And adding too much weight would probably create a hammer-throw response...so I get that too.

I just wonder if it's physically possible for someone....beyond the stretching aspect and brain-training aspect of SSG...to go from 92 mph to 125?

I'd never want to go to 125 but I see no reason why it's not possible.

I was measured 85 on driver last year, then had a herniated disk. Two weeks into the beginner protocol and (I think) 109mph is my highest for green so far.

Just finished the protocol tonight (still sweating) and just hit 116 and then 117 with green. So I have (as proven in my TPI screening on Saturday) pathetically restricted arms and chest and yet I just unlocked another 8mph from my admittedly low baseline without any change to my physical strength or flexibility.

Pure kinematic sequence.

One of the many things I loved about my K-vest session was being able to see just how much power I'm losing through lousy sequencing, and why I'm losing it.

No deadlifts for me... It'll be simple wall ball workouts, prescribed stretches, and SuperSpeed golf for me. As much for longevity as anything else.

I was measured 85 on driver last year, then had a herniated disk. Two weeks into the beginner protocol and (I think) 109mph is my highest for green so far.

Just finished the protocol tonight (still sweating) and just hit 116 and then 117 with green. So I have (as proven in my TPI screening on Saturday) pathetically restricted arms and chest and yet I just unlocked another 8mph from my admittedly low baseline without any change to my physical strength or flexibility.

Pure kinematic sequence.

One of the many things I loved about my K-vest session was being able to see just how much power I'm losing through lousy sequencing, and why I'm losing it.

No deadlifts for me... It'll be simple wall ball workouts, prescribed stretches, and SuperSpeed golf for me. As much for longevity as anything else.

What's a K-Vest? Never heard of that. Does that keep your arms connected to your torso? Also, that increase in SS is pretty phenomenal.

Pure kinematic sequence.

What's a K-Vest? Never heard of that. Does that keep your arms connected to your torso? Also, that increase in SS is pretty phenomenal.

First result: https://www.google.com/search?q=k-vest

Pure kinematic sequence.

That looks interesting. How much for the system? I'm not ready for a 3rd mortgage so go easy!

Pure kinematic sequence.

That looks interesting. How much for the system? I'm not ready for a 3rd mortgage so go easy!

I believe it's something like 6 grand, and even if I could afford it I couldn't interpret and benefit from the data on its own.

But a decent screening with an expert might only be $200-$300 and might just help you get to the next stage. At a minimum it will greatly reduce my chances of injury, now that I know my trunk rotation was trying to put me back in the ER.

SuperSpeed and 3D analysis go hand-in-hand. I believe the SSG guys used it to develop the system (e.g. The specific weight differentials), and SSG itself improves the kinematic sequence without having to think about positions or timing.

Combine them both though? Huge for me...

For you guys getting older, how long do you think it takes to regain lost speed?

I'm 43 now and swing it about 105. At 35, I was at around 117.

Is getting those ~10 mph back in a month doable for someone that has only played 2 times per year over the last 8 years with no physical ailments other than getting fat? :)

For you guys getting older, how long do you think it takes to regain lost speed?

Is getting those ~10 mph back in a month doable for someone that has only played 2 times per year over the last 8 years with no physical ailments other than getting fat? :)

I'd guess you can get back 5 just doing the Introductory Protocol. The next 5 will take a little more work/dedication.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I think it is entirely possible. Likely? In general no. Usually even with a pretty terrible swing, someone will have a certain baseline speed. If your baseline speed with really crappy mechanics is 105-110, then 125 would be achievable with practice and essentially training what you have. Anything beyond that might take more extensive effort and training to hit reliably.

I do firmly believe that around 110-115 is obtainable by most all average males given what they have naturally. This excludes those with injury, and advanced age. I am talking probably someone between 20-55 years old that plays golf regularily. That is just a guess due to flexiblity and muscle mass loss as we age.

If you didn't see my earlier posts about my own experience, I have legitimately gone from 105 to 125 (45.5 inch driver) over the past 3 or so years. This was just from improving my swing mechanics (they were terrible) and hitting tons of balls hard as I can. So I am proof that ~20 mph improvement is possible witihout even hitting the gym. I am 36 years old fyi, and I swing faster now than I ever did in my 20s.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

You would benefit from maintaining a swing if you don't try to already. What I mean is, swing in your garage or something a couple times a week as hard as you can, or do this SSG workout year round. Ever since I built a sim bay in my garage, I have maintained speed year round. When you don't use it, you lose it and that includes your ability to fire muscles fast. I feel like you have to keep them activated or else they go dormant if that makes sense? Also, getting fat I think does lower your swing speed. You have more rotating mass that will hinder your acceleration to some degree. It can be significant. I have lost ~3 mph after gaining about 25 lbs in the last 2 years as I find it tougher to hit the numbers I once could just 2 years ago and I have no injuries or noticeable strength loss.

I'm 49 and I swing in the mid-upper teens. I'd say that in about a 1-2 month span of using the 3x week basic protocol and maybe some cardio and weights you can get back up there. Your muscles will remember over time. A lot of it depends on your current mobility and your general health. People my age who have not really been athletic in several years that start grinding out this swing speed training all gung ho are 90% going to wreck themselves into painful back issues. So use common sense and go slow - get back into actual over all physical fitness and do no test your limits until you are absolutely sure that you can make decent incremental gains without injury. This is good advice for ALL workout protocols. Go slow -warm up properly - follow the instructional videos for this - listen to your body, and realize your're not 25 anymore. If you have rhomboid, upper mid back or neck strain - STOP. Go into stretching. Do light cardio and some light weights and then start again when you feel no pain but start slower. Not swinging slower - just taking precaution with more warm ups. I can swing the greens into the 130's after I am warmed up. My playing driver speed is probably topped out in the 115's until I can gain more mobility in my coil - which is all about being mobile and loose. The training protocol does nothing for this however. One tip that I have already posted is to do your swing speed training AFTER a gym or cardio workout when you are already fully loose and warmed up (sweating). Starting off cold will definitely give you worse results. I do these 2x week after the gym.

Thanks guys.

I have a Waterrower that I bought after Christmas that I basically use for stretching out and loosening up the back a couple times a week.

Although I haven't played much, I have always had a weighed club around and the swing still feels sound and I make solid contact.

I'm guessing the loss of speed is 50% flexibility which I should get back in a month and the 50% is due to just sort of holding back mentally so I don't loose technique. I'm starting to ramp up playing this year and don't like it when guys hit it past me. It never really happened before :stop:

I'm 49 and I swing in the mid-upper teens. I'd say that in about a 1-2 month span of using the 3x week basic protocol and maybe some cardio and weights you can get back up there. Your muscles will remember over time. A lot of it depends on your current mobility and your general health. People my age who have not really been athletic in several years that start grinding out this swing speed training all gung ho are 90% going to wreck themselves into painful back issues. So use common sense and go slow - get back into actual over all physical fitness and do no test your limits until you are absolutely sure that you can make decent incremental gains without injury. This is good advice for ALL workout protocols. Go slow -warm up properly - follow the instructional videos for this - listen to your body, and realize your're not 25 anymore. If you have rhomboid, upper mid back or neck strain - STOP. Go into stretching. Do light cardio and some light weights and then start again when you feel no pain but start slower. Not swinging slower - just taking precaution with more warm ups. I can swing the greens into the 130's after I am warmed up. My playing driver speed is probably topped out in the 115's until I can gain more mobility in my coil - which is all about being mobile and loose. The training protocol does nothing for this however. One tip that I have already posted is to do your swing speed training AFTER a gym or cardio workout when you are already fully loose and warmed up (sweating). Starting off cold will definitely give you worse results. I do these 2x week after the gym.

That's by FAR the most sensible post about SS training. Makes me wonder about myself...how much do I REALLY stretch out on a consistent basis? I mean I go into PGASS after sitting in the car and want to see my swing speed...LOL! Also, as others mentioned, there's so many swing flaws that slow swings too...so one needs to minimize those also and not kill themselves trying to swing all-out with a bad swing movement.

I can recommend the orange whip as a great warm up tool before the SS protocol. The fact that it sets a good tempo and building lag is really complementary to SS too

In my experience it's the shoulder injuries you have to look out for on this program. Most of us will try to get more speed through brute strength rather than from the ground up and I learnt the hard way and had to take 4 months out from a shoulder injury simply through trying to squeeze a session in without having the time to warm up properly

You would benefit from maintaining a swing if you don't try to already. What I mean is, swing in your garage or something a couple times a week as hard as you can, or do this SSG workout year round. Ever since I built a sim bay in my garage, I have maintained speed year round. When you don't use it, you lose it and that includes your ability to fire muscles fast. I feel like you have to keep them activated or else they go dormant if that makes sense? Also, getting fat I think does lower your swing speed. You have more rotating mass that will hinder your acceleration to some degree. It can be significant. I have lost ~3 mph after gaining about 25 lbs in the last 2 years as I find it tougher to hit the numbers I once could just 2 years ago and I have no injuries or noticeable strength loss.

i would like to add to this. I've been playing in tournaments in Asia since 2016 and most courses are extremely narrow and it causes me to lose some speed because I was holding back to hit straight and controlled and never felt comfortable ripping them. I got my ssg set in April and I was swinging the green at 137 and after a week or so I could get 150+ With green and low 140s with the red one. I don't really follow any protocols or anything I just swing them randomly maybe once or twice a week for 5-10 minutes. The intention of swinging fast and practicing it is as valuable as anything. I don't need the distance but it's nice to have when I play in the USA on all the wide courses when I go home and traveling doing ssg helps me maintain speed I wouldn't otherwise keep playing here.

I picked a SSR to start this program with some DIY trainer clubs, have not finished those yet but played around with the SSR in my hitting bay. Is it just mine, or are they wildly inaccurate when actually hitting balls? Im talking 65mph with a 4i, 100mph with an 8i...I have a flight scope setup as well and it was consistently all over the place.

I picked a SSR to start this program with some DIY trainer clubs, have not finished those yet but played around with the SSR in my hitting bay. Is it just mine, or are they wildly inaccurate when actually hitting balls? Im talking 65mph with a 4i, 100mph with an 8i...I have a flight scope setup as well and it was consistently all over the place.

The issue is probably what the radar is picking up.

If there's just a club there it sees the club.

If there are two objects there and it can 'see' them both then you'll likely get junk data.

There's actually a method to measure only ball data where you place the SSR unit on its back and lay it down over the beginning of the intended ball flight path. You can buy a specific shroud that covers the bottom half of the unit in case you hit a ground ball and nuke the SSR...

The issue is probably what the radar is picking up.

If there's just a club there it sees the club.

If there are two objects there and it can 'see' them both then you'll likely get junk data.

There's actually a method to measure only ball data where you place the SSR unit on its back and lay it down over the beginning of the intended ball flight path. You can buy a specific shroud that covers the bottom half of the unit in case you hit a ground ball and nuke the SSR...

Never thought of that to measure ball speed. How far infront do you put it?

These will absolutely increase your swing speed if the protocol is followed correctly. I went from swinging around 105mph to hitting 120mph at times with my regular driver. Carrying the ball 240-250 to carrying it 265-280 and even getting some out there on the fly to 290. At my peak with the SS sticks, I was seeing many rounds with 300+ yard driving average with the big stick. Unfortunately, I had some swing mechanics issues that needed to be worked out to really improve my overall ballstriking, and I found that every time I swung the SS sticks it would set me back in my progress. Still ingraining my new move, but I am definitely on the right track now. Once I feel it's safe, I plan to restart the program, as I am back to swinging in the 105 mph range and only hitting it 250-270 off the tee. If I can regain the distance I had with the SS sticks with my current ballstriking accuracy/consistency, I can see my scoring really start to come down.

Its not just you, If you look back a few pages I rant a little about SSR. It can be good for some, but for others it can be all over the place because it can read the speed of any part of your clubface. If you swing the same exact way each time, regardless of effort, more often than not it will give you a good idea of your speed increase. If you aren't that consistent, or you swing with a cut swing one time then a draw swing the next, then a straight, they will likely all be quite different. Mine changes drastically depending on if I released too early or not, if I was more inside or not than usual etc etc. With driver along my speed range with SSR is 118-137, and no, those 137 ones aren't even necessarily faster than when it read 118 (tested against Trackman extensively). I actually found my radar to read more correctly for driver when set a foot closer to my back foot instead of right near the ball.

If you really want a good idea of our real swing speed, I have had good luck with swing caddie sc100. If you look around you could get a used one for cheap. I got mine used for I think 150. The one thing I do that is also accurate is I swing my ssg club that is very similar to my actual driver at a foam golf ball on a tee. When I measure that with ssr, it is very consistent and very closely matches my Trackman numbers swing speed wise. Some good information in many posts earlier in this thread. Worth a read.

Edit: correction, got swing caddie NEW for 150.

Started using the Super Speed sticks about 3 weeks ago, trying to do them 3 times a week (at least), currently doing that initial protocol. So far I haven't noticed much of a swing speed difference, but that might be because I don't have any kind of radar or SS measuring device, but I also noticed that I'm not striking the ball when I've played as before, I'm guessing that's because it's something new and I'll get better over time, realized the other day also that I'm now trying to swing as fast as I can not necessarily as hard as I can by using weird swing mechanics. But figured I would ask on here if anyone's noticed anything similar at the start where their ball striking has declined at first.

Started using the Super Speed sticks about 3 weeks ago, trying to do them 3 times a week (at least), currently doing that initial protocol. So far I haven't noticed much of a swing speed difference, but that might be because I don't have any kind of radar or SS measuring device, but I also noticed that I'm not striking the ball when I've played as before, I'm guessing that's because it's something new and I'll get better over time, realized the other day also that I'm now trying to swing as fast as I can not necessarily as hard as I can by using weird swing mechanics. But figured I would ask on here if anyone's noticed anything similar at the start where their ball striking has declined at first.

without any measure, you won't feel any difference during session. Did you experience difference in the ball flight and distance on course?

For me, I don't have to swing hard any more. as matter of fact, it feels like i am swing at 75% of what I used to do. But longer than ever.

I first came across this thread about 3 months ago and decided to get these sticks. Driver coincidentally was my least practiced club...I would tee off with 3 wood last season since I was not proficient with my driver and had a swing speed of high 80's with a slice, when I draw every other club.

Today, my swing speed is in the low 100's mph range (101 ish) with a draw. It's crazy how well this thing has worked for me but for my case I know improvement was due to half training with superspeed stick and other half general improvement in ball striking and swinging the club more efficiently (installed simulator and practiced almost daily during the off season).

high 80's to low 100's swing speed with driver in ~3 months, doing the drills on average 1.5x a week on just the beginner series. 100% recommend.

I missed this post originally. You are pretty much exactly where I want to be. Great to hear.

Upped from 85mph typical to 95mph typical. My goal is a controlled 105 off the tee by mid August.