SuperSpeed Golf training system

Really like the above comments and the caution about SSR reading being potentially off with an actual driver head. I suppose a better overall metric will be distance gained although that can be tough to isolate based on conditions etc too.

When I'm putting up big numbers on SSR I'm also putting up big ball speed numbers on my SkyTrak. So in that regard, SSR is accurate for ME.

I first came across this thread about 3 months ago and decided to get these sticks. Driver coincidentally was my least practiced club...I would tee off with 3 wood last season since I was not proficient with my driver and had a swing speed of high 80's with a slice, when I draw every other club.

Today, my swing speed is in the low 100's mph range (101 ish) with a draw. It's crazy how well this thing has worked for me but for my case I know improvement was due to half training with superspeed stick and other half general improvement in ball striking and swinging the club more efficiently (installed simulator and practiced almost daily during the off season).

high 80's to low 100's swing speed with driver in ~3 months, doing the drills on average 1.5x a week on just the beginner series. 100% recommend.

Can a swing caddie be used in place of the swing speed radar? A guy I know is selling one pretty cheap.

Have to hit a ball for it to register anything.

Not true. You could get swing speed off SSR with "blank" swing. Even Top Speed promotes SSR.

Folks, please use the SSR as your swing speed reference. I am budget conscious and not access to any fancy machine. I understand that the result is off but you could measure your progress.

Can a swing caddie be used in place of the swing speed radar? A guy I know is selling one pretty cheap.

Not true. You could get swing speed off SSR with "blank" swing. Even Top Speed promotes SSR.

Folks, please use the SSR as your swing speed reference. I am budget conscious and not access to any fancy machine. I understand that the result is off but you could measure your progress.

I am unsure if we are talking about the same thing here flushem. I think golfer1g was asking if a swing caddie can do what ssr can do. It cannot. You can't swing an ssg club, or driver and have it show your swing speed. It requires "something" to be hit. I have gotten it to work with a foam ball being struck with an ssg type club but it was spotty that it would pick it up.

You are correct that the ssr is great for showing improvement of the speed sticks as it reads very consistently. My points about it are that it can lie to you when swinging a driver. What I mean is,I can make it read one number pretty consistently, but then just slightly change how I swing and it will show a completely different number. It is not a good tool for testing swing tweaks, there are better. It is great if you have an extremely consistent swing that you are not tweaking technique on.

Example, with my driver i can swing one way and get it to read upwards of 137-138,then I can swing another way and it will say 114-118. If I measure my ball speed, the ball speeds are almost exactly the same.

I just felt I would inform anyone not aware of these potential issues so that they don't get hopes too high.

Edit:I should be a little clearer. For some people it can indeed, more times than not read your increases accurately with a driver (but rarely get the actual speed correct) and that is useful. For others, it does not and because it works for some and not for others (has to do with swing path and toe closure rate and just what part of the club the radar sees) its data is unreliable when swinging a club. It can be forever questioned.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I am unsure if we are talking about the same thing here flushem. I think golfer1g was asking if a swing caddie can do what ssr can do. It cannot. You can't swing an ssg club, or driver and have it show your swing speed. It requires "something" to be hit. I have gotten it to work with a foam ball being struck with an ssg type club but it was spotty that it would pick it up.

You are correct that the ssr is great for showing improvement of the speed sticks as it reads very consistently. My points about it are that it can lie to you when swinging a driver. What I mean is,I can make it read one number pretty consistently, but then just slightly change how I swing and it will show a completely different number. It is not a good tool for testing swing tweaks, there are better. It is great if you have an extremely consistent swing that you are not tweaking technique on.

Example, with my driver i can swing one way and get it to read upwards of 137-138,then I can swing another way and it will say 114-118. If I measure my ball speed, the ball speeds are almost exactly the same.

I just felt I would inform anyone not aware of these potential issues so that they don't get hopes too high.

Edit:I should be a little clearer. For some people it can indeed, more times than not read your increases accurately with a driver (but rarely get the actual speed correct) and that is useful. For others, it does not and because it works for some and not for others (has to do with swing path and toe closure rate and just what part of the club the radar sees) its data is unreliable when swinging a club. It can be forever questioned.

my bad. I blame it on small screen of phone. LOL

my bad. I blame it on small screen of phone. LOL

I contacted Swing Caddie to double check and they said it should be able to be used without a ball. I briefly tested the one I am thinking about buying and it only picked up 1 out of ten swings with golf balls and I could not get it to pick up a swing without.

New PB today, hit 126 and 124 with the green at the end of the session. Struggling to think what i did differently for those two swings as the rest at the end were 113-114. Didnt feel like i tried any harder for those two.

Ideas anyone, maybe i was pulling the handle up better and timing was good to get release at right point?

Very encouraged as to how this plus the gym/ and flexibility sessions are working out.

I’m still in the midst of building my set, but I have a question. How the hell are people getting high SS off of their left (off) sides swings? I feel like an octopus falling out of a tree when I try and do anything left handed.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I'm still in the midst of building my set, but I have a question. How the hell are people getting high SS off of their left (off) sides swings? I feel like an octopus falling out of a tree when I try and do anything left handed.

It's weird how quickly you figure out how to put a move on it lefty. The first few sessions feel so awkward then there it is.

I'm still in the midst of building my set, but I have a question. How the hell are people getting high SS off of their left (off) sides swings? I feel like an octopus falling out of a tree when I try and do anything left handed.

On lefty swings I struggle to make a good turn back with my shoulders but the release of my hands is far superior than swinging righty. For giggles at the range I flipped wedge on its toe and hit a ball lefty about 70 yards, decent height up in the air. My son thought it was hilarious and was amazed.

Speed has definitely transitioned to the course and now with the irons I am learning new carry distances. With increased speed has come higher apex which is so rewarding to see.

Pulled a 9-iron yesterday for an uphill 156 yard middle Pin...over water.

Hit the 9-iron ~165 yards to the back of the green.

Yes...the SSG training + gym-work is seen on the course.

Last weekend went to the PGA-SS and hopped on the Mizuno Optimizer again.

6-iron average speed = 94 MPH. Recommended shafts = C-Taper X...DG X100...KBS Tour X

Playing C-Taper S+ 125 now.

Every drive now is about 275 with easy swing. Drove 290 at 18th. I focused on nice and smooth core rotation with swoosh after impact.

That's great if it has worked for you :golfer: . I'm in the second week now of Protocol 1 and have seen no difference on the course at all. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows I'll continue with the speed training though because it's a hell of a workout if nothing else.

Every drive now is about 275 with easy swing. Drove 290 at 18th. I focused on nice and smooth core rotation with swoosh after impact.

That's great if it has worked for you :golfer: . I'm in the second week now of Protocol 1 and have seen no difference on the course at all. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows I'll continue with the speed training though because it's a hell of a workout if nothing else.

Please be patient. Good things don't come easy. More important part is to keep SSG and workout as routine.

My new records.

3 Wood

3 Hybrid

I've been swinging mine consistently since the beginning of February, and I'm currently on the 2nd week of the Level 2 protocol. During that time I've also been working out 5-6 days a week. I do P90x and Insanity type workouts in our apartment, or downstairs in our fitness center if I have to do a lot of jumping. I only get to practice at the range once a week, twice if I'm lucky, and 1 round a month.

My last round of golf is when I really noticed a jump in distance, which was a 1/2-1 full club. I badly mishit a 9 iron from 145, and I still ended up on the green. I was trying to hit it about 135, and leave myself an easy putt, but I came out of it, and thought I was going to end up real short, but it ended up on the green and went about 130 yards.

I had another shot over a tree that was 175 yards away, which is typically a 5 iron distance. I was worried about the tree, so I pulled my 6 iron and hoping to get it just short of the green or just on it. I ended up 5 ft away and hole high for a birdie instead. There were some drives that ended up farther than I expected as well. I'm going to continue to use these, and look forward to see how much distance changes come later this summer when I actually get more time to practice.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Can anyone elaborate on what gym/flexibility training they are doing along with the SSG?

I pretty much follow what flushem posted here

I also started the hip mobility program from premier fitness systems.

I am so stoked and glad to see you follow my workout routine. I really hope that it works out for you.

Here is the update. I changed the Day 2 & 3 routine.

STEP 3. Day 1. Abs,

Day 2. Tyler's Workout, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHvAAKGfrE - I added core rotation after sit-ups

Day 3. Golf Workout,

- please rotation your core, not arms.

One more praise report, I made 240 yrd second shot off 3 wood from fairway on par 5 and 210 yr off 4 hybrid.

Never quit and keep on swinging.

Can anyone elaborate on what gym/flexibility training they are doing along with the SSG?

I am so stoked and glad to see you follow my workout routine. I really hope that it works out for you.

STEP 3. Day 1. Abs,

Day 2. Tyler's Workout, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKH...e/fKHvAAKGfrE - I added core rotation after sit-ups

Day 3. Golf Workout,

One more praise report, I made 240 yrd second shot off 3 wood from fairway on par 5 and 210 yr off 4 hybrid.

That second link wasn't working for me is this it?

STEP 3. Day 1. Abs,

Day 2. Tyler's Workout, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKH...e/fKHvAAKGfrE - I added core rotation after sit-ups

Day 3. Golf Workout,

That second link wasn't working for me is this it?

Yes!