SuperSpeed Golf training system

Two questions regarding speed training while on knees:

1) Does anyone find it uncomfortable on lower back? Specifically right side lumbar for right handed golfer.

2) How close can you get to max speed when standing?

1) Only if I am swinging with poor form (goat hump).

2) Please elaborate, because standing is only way to get you max speed. Sure aren't getting it kneeling.

I mean, if your max speed when standing is 100mph, how close can you get to that when swinging from knees? Also, I didn't think it would be possible to goat hump swinging from the knees because I thought hips were removed from the equation in this position. Wrong?

OK, I understand now. I was very confused. I do a different "program". I don't swing from the knees as I see no value in it. I basically swing my heavy weighted club (home made for those that are new in this thread) until I am warmed up. Then I let loose with it a bunch of times with no ball in front of me. Then I swing and try and hit a foam ball several times. Then I swing my driver hard as I can with a real ball and use Skytrak and such to measure ball speed and trajectory.

If I were to guess, I would guess 75% of max speed is realistic from the knees. I would imagine it is different for everyone though because most of use just don't practice that and it takes some time to get as efficient as possible swinging that way, then it could be perhaps consitently compared to your full golf swing.

I would imagine you can still goat hump while swinging from your knees. If your tendancy is to swing too steeply, or drop the club way inside or perhaps something else, you will have to react to shallow out that club in order to not hit the ground. My rule of thumb, if my back hurts, I am doing it wrong. When I have a range session and my back doesn't hurt, I know I was swinging much better. This is specific to me, and might not be true for you. Just something to ponder.

EDIT: I am sorry, I just now noticed you did mention "swinging from knees in your initial post" . I shall now go and hit very large ball bearings with my driver for 30 minutes as punishment lol.

Ha! No worries. I don't want you to break your driver. Thanks for sharing what works for you. I do find it interesting that you don't see value in swinging from your knees.

I don't do the knees swings anymore. Just standing and step - both sides. No loss of speed. Swinging high teens. Probably topped out for my swing and flexibility levels. If you want an easy way to swing faster, become more flexible.

Any specific areas you think getting more flexible is helpful? Hips? Upper back? Everywhere?

I know you weren't asking me but I thought I would just share my thoughts on this. I have found that I have become extremely flexible (golf swing wise), just hitting year round. It helps maintain range of motion for me. I have naturally obtained more wrist flexibility, shoulder turn flexibilty, and hip flexibility. I personally have been purposfully been trying to lengthen my swing and get used to it. I have been self teaching myself for years and very oddly, I have developed a very bubba-esque type swing. More and more upright, stronger and stronger grip, faster and faster hips, more and more past parallel. I have even had to buy different clubs to better suit my current swing (clubs bent upright).

My point is, it should happen naturally if you just swing regularily, year round. No need to purposefully stretch as well as swing the club often. If you do, kudos to you, but I always like killing 2 birds with one stone.

I see your point. If I lived in a 12 month warm weather locale I would, but I do hit the pause button during a 3 month winter. Also, I have below average flexibility so I need extra credit.

My kneeling dominant green PR is 81% of my standing dominant green PR. My largest increase in speed came after a few weeks of doing the protocol with kneeling swings. Kneeling swings are important IMO.

Interesting. You have a bigger gap between kneeling vs. standing. With my driver I can swing 98 from knees, but have trouble breaking 110 standing. Wonder if that means I don't use my lower body enough to generate speed?

Kneeling I find, forces you to take the lower body out of the swing. It makes you rotate your shoulders and torso - which is a big flexibility problem for a lot of people. It shows you how fast your arms and wrists are in the swing. So as a practice it is probably a good thing to at least do a few weeks of knee work and disregard the speed element. Just swing fast and rotate torso. But I've been swinging these clubs a few years now and for me, I see no real additional benefit anymore and I get the same results regardless in half the time. I usually swing the clubs 2x week and after a pretty hard cardio/ weight routine so I am already sweating when I do the protocol. I sort of feel like I am in a maintenance phase as I don't really see any more speed gains for me other than the odd swing in the high 120's. Mostly I'm around 115-118 and I'm fine with it. I can swing slow and controlled at around 105-108 and feel pretty safe as far as controlling the ball in play. As an experiment I'll do some knee work this week and see if there are any gains.

Kneeling I find, forces you to take the lower body out of the swing. It makes you rotate your shoulders and torso - which is a big flexibility problem for a lot of people. It shows you how fast your arms and wrists are in the swing. So as a practice it is probably a good thing to at least do a few weeks of knee work and disregard the speed element. Just swing fast and rotate torso. But I've been swinging these clubs a few years now and for me, I see no real additional benefit anymore and I get the same results regardless in half the time. I usually swing the clubs 2x week and after a pretty hard cardio/ weight routine so I am already sweating when I do the protocol. I sort of feel like I am in a maintenance phase as I don't really see any more speed gains for me other than the odd swing in the high 120's. Mostly I'm around 115-118 and I'm fine with it. I can swing slow and controlled at around 105-108 and feel pretty safe as far as controlling the ball in play. As an experiment I'll do some knee work this week and see if there are any gains.

I'd be in maintenance mode too if I was were you are (115-118). I'm at 105-108 and goal is to get to 115. Swung from my knees for the first time yesterday and got to 98 which is close to my max speed. This leads to me think that perhaps I'm not using my lower body correctly to generate speed when standing.

Does anyone know how much each respective head weight is for these? I have so many old driver shafts lying around I wanted to attempt to build my own DIY set.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Does anyone know how much each respective head weight is for these? I have so many old driver shafts lying around I wanted to attempt to build my own DIY set.

They have the specs of the total weight on their site:

Green “Light” Club 45″ 255 Grams

Blue “Medium” Club 45″ 290 Grams

Red “Heavy” Club 45″ 335 Grams

So I'd weight your shafts and add weight to match.

I'd be in maintenance mode too if I was were you are (115-118). I'm at 105-108 and goal is to get to 115. Swung from my knees for the first time yesterday and got to 98 which is close to my max speed. This leads to me think that perhaps I'm not using my lower body correctly to generate speed when standing.

I think I posted this a while ago. Please refer to video to learn the purpose of Kneel-down swing.

It helped me to get over a plateau tremendously.

I think I posted this a while ago. Please refer to video to learn the purpose of Kneel-down swing.
How so? By helping you engage your abs?

Yes. By rotating abs to initiate the downswing, now I can swing way faster and more consistent. Even with a bad miss hit, ball travels relatively far. I suggest you tap into Top Speed by Clay as well.

Yes. By rotating abs to initiate the downswing, now I can swing way faster and more consistent. Even with a bad miss hit, ball travels relatively far. I suggest you tap into Top Speed by Clay as well.

I've watched several of his Youtube videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been getting 122-127mph with my green shaft and up to 112mph on my driver. I'm still using stiff shaft, so I'm looking at some x flex shafts to try. What are some good one to try? I currently have diamana blueboard and whiteboard stiff shafts.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

So I hate the clanking of clubs or anything in my bag. I was wondering how to protect the SS clubs when I remembered someone gave my puppy a set of boots for winter that I never put in use. They fit fantastic:

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Anyone else find that their step-change swing is not faster than their standing swing? My mechanics are pretty good, and I average 118mph (red) standing and 117mph (red) step-change.

Yes same thing. Mine are close.Here are the averages of the session i did today.

Avg Standing/avg step change

Green righty: 135/135

Green lefty: 129/128

Blue righty: 130/127

Blue lefty: 121/122

Red righty: 123/120

Red lefty: 113/115

I have a couple sessions left in level 1 protocol.

The thing that is surprising to me is I’ve still seen gains, although slightly not as quickly because I have been as consistent with the routines. The strange thing is the righty knee swings have continued to gain as have the left standing and step change but the lefty knee swings for all three weights have dropped a few mph in recent sessions. Anyone else experiencing this?

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

here are my stats for now. It definitely got faster, but i just cant get to 130mph range.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
IG airbong23

here are my stats for now. It definitely got faster, but i just cant get to 130mph range.

Average of 10 mph in 1 month?! Thats awesome, did you notice 10Mph in your driver too?

I got up to 109mph during my round after almost 1 month of training and had 300yd drive the same day. My avg ss was 95-105mph before so it defintely got faster.

IG airbong23

Average of 10 mph in 1 month?! Thats awesome, did you notice 10Mph in your driver too?

I got up to 109mph during my round after almost 1 month of training and had 300yd drive the same day. My avg ss was 95-105mph before so it defintely got faster.

That’s awesome, great improvement! I believe I’m near that range you mentioned of range 100. Did all you add during that month was this SS program as recommended ?

That’s awesome, great improvement! I believe I’m near that range you mentioned of range 100. Did all you add during that month was this SS program as recommended ?

Yup just ss program 3 times a week.

IG airbong23

I’m thinking about using these but my issue is my swing form needs a lot of work. I want to get that fixed and become comfortable with it before adding these trainers. Would you agree or just go ahead and use them while adjusting form along the way?

I would recommend ssg along with lesson and workout (strongly encouraged) to generate and maintain faster swing speed.

I’m thinking about using these but my issue is my swing form needs a lot of work. I want to get that fixed and become comfortable with it before adding these trainers. Would you agree or just go ahead and use them while adjusting form along the way?

I would recommend ssg along with lesson and workout (strongly encouraged) to generate and maintain faster swing speed.

What at home workouts are best to increase swing speed?

What at home workouts are best to increase swing speed?

here is my workout rotation schedule

at every workout session,

1. the SSG warm-up,

2. cardio (at least 30 min)

3. Day 1. Abs,

Day 2. Golf Workout,

Day 3. BeachBody Power 90 Circuit (arms & shoulder)

4. Post-workout Stretch,

But on Sunday, I go through 1 hour P90X Stretch.

If this is too overwhelming, I would recommend the followings every other day. Totally doable in your living room.

• SSG warm-up
  • Day 2 Golf Workout
  • the Post-workout Stretch

Breakthrough today - hit 108.5 with my actual driver after doing a superspeed routine. Started at 100-101 last year. Was religious about 3x a week when I started but slacked off for a while and now back into it for a couple of weeks. Started deadlifting with my TPI trainer as well and focus on hip flexibility.

All coming together now :)

Goal is to get to 110mph which would be awesome for my 5'10 and 150lb 45 yr old body.