2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SuperSpeed Golf training system

I was thinking of building a set. Here's my thought.

Epoxy 1/4" all thread into the tip of the shaft.

You might have to cut back the tip a little bit.

You could use this and can cut off what you need:

https://www.homedepo...00086/204633637

Then get 1/4" fender washers:

https://www.homedepo...04790/204276327

Install a nut down to where thread meets shaft add as many washers you would like and install another nut to lock it together.

You could even try 1/8" rod with 1/8" fender washers also.

You could also use construction adhesive to bond the stud into the shaft

https://www.homedepo...N-903/100176209

Install a nut down to where thread meets shaft add as many washers you would like and install another nut to lock it together.

I used epoxy and washers for mine. I weighed everything out with a digital scale to match ssg. Cost me about $50 total for all 3 weights.

I'm on my second week now and my fastest speed on SSR was 122mph with green last night.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

I bought shafts from ebay. $10/each. Also, for better finish, I (red)tape over washers for better visibility.

An observation from today: I was sore all over from this week’s regular workouts and just had this feeling that I would be very slow. To top it off, we did a lot of work today, too. In particular, heavy sets of 5 front squats. One thing front squats do to me is really stretch out my wrists, forearms and shoulders trying to keep the bar up in the rack position (sitting on my shoulders). I didn’t set any new PR’s but I was near those levels, which I’m counting as a victory given how my body felt. In a long winded way, I’m saying to try getting into a routine of stretching your wrists every day and see how that affects your speed.

I'm on my second week now and my fastest speed on SSR was 122mph with green last night.

keep it up like rolling trailblazing tank. I wanna see you screaming with 142mph SS soon. Then you should be able to swing 110+ easily.

I hope I can get up to 115-120 with my driver. I used to squat 400lbs and deadlift 350lbs for jump training, but I could never transfer that power to my swing. Hopefully this training can get me where I want with my swing speed:) I stopped working out 2 years ago, so I'm planning to restart leg training along with SSG.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
IG airbong23

Pretty stoked. Going to find out what my current swing speed is tomorrow. I have been tweaking my technique and swinging my home made ssg club as well as driver into net (all winter) . I hope I ding above 125 regularly, if I can also confirm or compare the accuracy of my ssr against trackman, that would be a bonus. Might bring my skytrak too.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I got the Super Speed setup for Christmas but haven't been very consistent with my training. I'm starting it up consistently now and wonder what you guys think about timing of the training. I workout 6 days a week, should I do my training before or after my workouts? I'm wondering which I'll get the best overspeed training with. Thanks in advance guys.

Just got back from playing on the Trackman. I was striking the ball center really well today which I was happy to see. I am however disappointed. I topped out at 121 with the driver. I set up my SSR to see how off or accurate it was. I was unable to hit my usual 130-133 but I was around 123-128 often. Those correlated to 116-121 actual swing speed.

I then moved SSR about a foot towards my right foot angled 45 degrees still. I more often then not had swing speeds within 1 or 2 mph of Trackman. That is good to know. I was unable to set it up behind and test so I don't know how accurate it is there.

So I was a little slow today, and also not as fast as I hoped to be when comparing to SSR. I am swinging a much shorter and heavier club than I was last time I was on Trackman which was last spring. Then I dinged 125 several times. I think overall, when I am swinging my best, I still gained a couple mph in the off season, which is good. I gained significant weight since last time too, which probably hasn't helped things.

So based on today, my current ceiling with my gamer is likley 124 which would be a very good reflection of what I can swing my heavy driver anaolog with a ball in front of me.

So summarize what I learned. SSR is WAY off for me when positioned as directed, way more accurate more often, when placed a foot back. I suspect even better in the directly behind the ball 3 ft or so position. The SSR does indeed seem to read the weighted clubs accurately, and my speed with my heavy weighted club, while swinging at a foam ball, is very close to my actual driver top speed as I suspected.

Edit: I will add that I can seem to trick the SSR even with the weighted clubs. I seem to get a really high number here and there when I practice swinging it at a foam ball. Just now I got 120 120 134 119 123 124 132.

I’ve been reading this thread as I’m about to gear up and get into training mode again for this season. I bought the system last year but I didn’t purchase the SSR. I loosely followed the protocols for about 2 months and then stopped. Fast forward to now and I’m all set for some serious training this go around as I’ve finally picked up a SSR.

Just for fun, I went into the garage (cold) and did about 15 swings to warm up. Just for poops and giggles, I decided to go after a few swings and see what I was up to. I was a bit surprised. I peaked at 151 with the green and 130 with my regular driver. I’m already going to assume that my driver reading is high as I play draws to it’s probably a toe reading. That being said, all driver swings were 121-130.

This testing was all performed on my cold, dusty garage floor wearing running shoes that weren’t exactly gripping the ground well. Lol

Now I’m pumped to see what this season brings for results with the system and actually being able to monitor progress.

I’d also like to speak more on Skytrak since I also own one. I’ve always wondered why I always got such “poor” readings with driver. My absolute max ball speed ever on my Skytrak has been 177. I’ve often times recorded 180-185 outdoors on trackman so I’ve always been a little disappointed and suspect of the readings with longer clubs. I’m glad to see others are sharing the same thoughts.

Subbed and I will be following along and posting some as I train!

Thanks all.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Saskwatch, you are already at my goal.

Today I finished second week of training. I didn't gain much this week. Fastest swing speed I got was 112. Slowest of the week. Hopefully I see more gains going forward.

IG airbong23

Just got back from playing on the Trackman. I was striking the ball center really well today which I was happy to see. I am however disappointed. I topped out at 121 with the driver. I set up my SSR to see how off or accurate it was. I was unable to hit my usual 130-133 but I was around 123-128 often. Those correlated to 116-121 actual swing speed.

I then moved SSR about a foot towards my right foot angled 45 degrees still. I more often then not had swing speeds within 1 or 2 mph of Trackman. That is good to know. I was unable to set it up behind and test so I don't know how accurate it is there.

So I was a little slow today, and also not as fast as I hoped to be when comparing to SSR. I am swinging a much shorter and heavier club than I was last time I was on Trackman which was last spring. Then I dinged 125 several times. I think overall, when I am swinging my best, I still gained a couple mph in the off season, which is good. I gained significant weight since last time too, which probably hasn't helped things.

So based on today, my current ceiling with my gamer is likley 124 which would be a very good reflection of what I can swing my heavy driver anaolog with a ball in front of me.

So summarize what I learned. SSR is WAY off for me when positioned as directed, way more accurate more often, when placed a foot back. I suspect even better in the directly behind the ball 3 ft or so position. The SSR does indeed seem to read the weighted clubs accurately, and my speed with my heavy weighted club, while swinging at a foam ball, is very close to my actual driver top speed as I suspected.

Edit: I will add that I can seem to trick the SSR even with the weighted clubs. I seem to get a really high number here and there when I practice swinging it at a foam ball. Just now I got 120 120 134 119 123 124 132.

I am really surprised you weren’t faster. Thanks for comparing your SSR in different positions, though.

I am really surprised you weren’t faster. Thanks for comparing your SSR in different positions, though.

Yeah I was too. My gamer is 44 inches and 335 grams. My previous club was 45.5 inches and a lot lighter and easier to swing. I could very well be close to 130 with that club for my fastest swings. I like my short heavy club but I might reshaft it to hit my goal more easily.

I started 2 weeks ago with the superspeed golf and I also have the SSR.

My swingspeed with driver and hitting the ball was average 94.

The next nummers are at the moment my best numbers.

Green 110

Blue 104

Red 98

Driver without hitting a ball 108

Driver while hitting a ball 97

So far I like the training and will keep doing this.

Update: Messing around with technique while swing my heavy weighted club at a foam ball. I was able to swing just as fast as I can when I don't have a ball in front of me. Realized I was automatically shortening my backswing as well as being too loose with my lower body. By loose I mean swaying off the ball. I was able to swing 131-135 with 6 consecutive swings before I dropped down to 128. This is encouraging and I hope I can get this to translate to my driver.

1 problem I had though. I didn't hit the foam ball one single time lol. I tend to swing outward too much when I go all out. So with driver I hit heel a ton. I will have to work on ball striking once I am able to reach my speed goal with driver.

Perhaps the times I thought I was tricking the radar weren't really tricks, Idk.

I backed off for a few weeks because my back was a little tweaky, then go to start up again and... whack. Another SSR launched into the wall. Why I keep swinging so close I have no idea.

Because, idiot.

Finally decided to make a protective latex mold for SSR #3

Don't feel too bad, I have had to bury a SSR in the past from that same thing. RIP SSR #1, you served me well and expoded into millions of pieces with dignity. (I am currently on SSR #3, SSR #2 screen keeps wiggin out on me).

I just have to say I can't see how you would ever hit an SSR swinging a golf club. The thing doesn't need to be anywhere near the ball. Glad you guys can laugh about it, and the foam protective thing is an impressive bit of DIYing.

Lets just say I wasn't paying attention to how close I was to it when I took a practice swing and I also temporarily forgot the SSR was there. EXPLOSION.

I backed off for a few weeks because my back was a little tweaky, then go to start up again and... whack. Another SSR launched into the wall. Why I keep swinging so close I have no idea.

Because, idiot.

Finally decided to make a protective latex mold for SSR #3

Don't feel too bad, I have had to bury a SSR in the past from that same thing. RIP SSR #1, you served me well and expoded into millions of pieces with dignity. (I am currently on SSR #3, SSR #2 screen keeps wiggin out on me).

I've started to view the SSR as a consumable, like bread or milk. Every now and again I have to add it back onto the shopping list...

I just have to say I can't see how you would ever hit an SSR swinging a golf club. The thing doesn't need to be anywhere near the ball. Glad you guys can laugh about it, and the foam protective thing is an impressive bit of DIYing.

My issue with the SuperSpeed sticks has been that, since you're just hovering and not aiming at a specific spot, that I can find myself walking forward slightly during the protocols. I need to either put a spot down that I consistently use as my aim point, or draw a stance line on the floor.

My two biggest issues in golf: I can't consistently hit the ball; I can consistently hit the SSR.

Maybe they should make a 70 compression SSR with dimples?

I put my SSR up against trackman last week for a long indoor session. On most swings my SSR was typically 2-4 MPH faster than what trackman read but about one in 8 or so swings i would get a crazy reading that would be way off. For instance I'd swing 109 on trackman and it registered 130 on the SSR.

Close enough for me I guess, I'm not all that worried about speed but I did always have questions on how accurate it was.

On a progress note - I hit 136 with green which is a 21 mph gain in 4 weeks. And I'm pretty close to 120 with the red club fairly consistently. Every time I'm on trackman (about once a week) I seem to be 1-2 mph faster than before. In my session last week I was consistently 109-110. Definitely making progress. Very happy so far. I might have re-evaluate my long term goal to consistently hitting 115 with my on course swing, instead of 110.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

I put my SSR up against trackman last week for a long indoor session. On most swings my SSR was typically 2-4 MPH faster than what trackman read but about one in 8 or so swings i would get a crazy reading that would be way off. For instance I'd swing 109 on trackman and it registered 130 on the SSR.

Close enough for me I guess, I'm not all that worried about speed but I did always have questions on how accurate it was.

On a progress note - I hit 136 with green which is a 21 mph gain in 4 weeks. And I'm pretty close to 120 with the red club fairly consistently. Every time I'm on trackman (about once a week) I seem to be 1-2 mph faster than before. In my session last week I was consistently 109-110. Definitely making progress. Very happy so far. I might have re-evaluate my long term goal to consistently hitting 115 with my on course swing, instead of 110.

Thanks for posting your experience regarding SSR. Just from what I know, and have experienced and read in other threads, it seems that the accuracy really becomes a problem as you get very fast swing speeds. The rate at which that toe rotates through gets faster and faster proportionately. What is 3-4 mph off for clubhead speeds around 100, might be 8-12 for clubhead speeds nearer to 125. It depends a lot on your swing path and toe closure rate. Really though, it should be reading these weighted clubs accurately, so that is very helpful to me as far as KNOWING my speed has improved and my technique changes did't just close the toe faster.

Edit:I forgot to congratulate you on your progress. Just keep upping that ceiling!

Good stuff. Your faster than me with the green, I’m ~122-4 with the red some of the time. I started at 103-105 and am hoping to get over 110 as well. I’m waiting to get a couple rounds in outside before I jump on Trackman to check progress. My end goal is 165 BS which would put me with the majority of competitive Ams I play with. I was 153-157 last year.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link